Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Shroomery University

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinesyNtheticz0r
Stranger
Wood Lovers Paralysis - My Solution
    #26668428 - 05/13/20 12:50 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

Before the lockdown, I haven't heard about wood lovers paralysis. However, this phenomenon kept me very busy during lockdown.

Literally 20 meters from house which is right next to the forest, is about a 100m x 10m area where wavy caps are thriving. It has been there for a year without me noticing, until it came under my attention and it literally felt I came across my own personal gold mine.

So everything started with a lot of excitement, until about 2 - 3 hours after ingesting f*** knows what quantity. I was busy playing games when suddenly I couldn't manage to press the buttons to play anymore, followed by a very blurred vision. I noticed that that paralysis was coming in waves.

Considering all of the above, this was my first wild mushroom hunt. The paralysis and the the blurred vision had me scared sh*tless to say the least.

I decided to go lie down and wait for the nightmare to pass. So after lying down I started to feel normal again after about 20 minutes. I decided to try and eat something, when the food started falling out of my mouth. The paralysis seemed to get worse as I moved a muscle (literally any muscle), and after a brief pause after the muscle is paralyzed, I get another chance to move the muscle again. The longer I pause, the more movement I manage to get out of the muscle when moving again.

So I decided to go lie down again for about an hour. After standing up again, and moving around I was confident this nightmare was over. That was when I decided to go to the shop...

When I was walking around in the shop, my legs got sloppy very quickly, I managed to grab a packet of chips and walked to the counter like someone with a very serious disability. Got out into the car and chilled for about 5 min. I then tried to reverse out and I couldn't properly get my foot down on the clutch, I couldn't drive!

I waited it out for another 15 minutes and tried again, and managed to get home. I decided to get as stoned as I can, drop a few Ambiens and get the day over with.

Initially after my experience I googled the paralysis, and doing a paralysis search on shrooms can be a bit awkward. A lot of people seem to have weird physical experiences somewhat confused with some sort of paralysis on shrooms which is what you come by doing a search on the paralysis. So I thought okay, let's leave it there and try to troubleshoot what exactly went wrong.

The Dose

Seeing that I didn't measure the dose in any way, the most obvious place to start was the dosage. I've eaten a lot of mushrooms before, but not so often fresh mushrooms. A dosage disorientation seamed very likely to me. This time I decided to dry out the mushrooms, consume it in a form I'm use to, and sort of know how much I'm eating without a scale. And again, paralyzed. This time I didn't panic, just lied on my back, and waited for the time to pass.

The Species

So it got me thinking, maybe I'm consuming the wrong mushrooms. Let's just be a bit more careful, which is very difficult when you're sure in the first place. *careful picking followed* And again, paralyzed....

The Pause

So I was sort of disgusted with the whole situation. Having all these "shrooms", not being able to use them. Let's just say it kept my mind busy....

The Research

So finally I stumbled across wood lovers paralysis. The species match, the experiences match, I knew okay, I got it.

So the sort of obvious guesses were pointed out by the sources talking about WLP:

1. The way the mushroom starts to rot at the top (The Bacterial Contamination Hypothesis)
2. The Dose Hypothesis, been there...
3. Substrate
4. Allergic reaction

Without too much effort I eliminated them one by one, paralyzed every time, except for substrate. The allergic reaction I "eliminated" with the use of Allergex.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the overwhelmingly opinion if you google the matter that tea works and takes away the paralysis, but tea didn't work one bit for me.

The substrate was a very challenging one. I had so many mushrooms growing in this 10m x 100m strip, but nothing in the grass.

So when our lockdown level dropped, I took a walk to the dam one day, and stumbled across probably two grams (dry) worth of wavy caps, and bingo...!

Took the mushrooms, had a good trip, and voila, no paralysis.

The Analysis

So I kept thinking about the whole situation and tried to differentiate between the two settings where the mushrooms are growing:

1. Wood substrate - The mushrooms had a very sort of protecting environment. Overhead trees, trees stumps everywhere giving them shelter, consistent humidity with a river right next to the entire strip where they grow.

2. Grass substrate - I've picked the mushrooms on the edge of a jeep track, are exposed to the sun, no shelter whatsoever for the mushrooms.

So the two scenarios got me thinking maybe the age of the mushroom is somehow the culprit.

The Retry

So I went out again, picking only the smallest of mushrooms from the wood substrate area.

And VOILA, I tripped without paralysis.

The Retry 2

I tripped without paralysis.

Conclusion

No I don't think I have it figured out, because I'm the only test subject.

People are not so keen to eat mushrooms to get paralyzed, and being an ethical person, I can't lie about the old mushies to give it to someone.

But, considering my experience, I'm sure as hell willing to put a lot of money on my personal hypothesis. My hypothesis obviously relates to The Bacterial Contamination Hypothesis. But, I must say, long before you start to see them rotten, they paralyze you. I've picked small mushrooms, medium mushrooms, large mushrooms and they paralyze you, because even small mushrooms can be old. But be sure to pick young mushrooms, and the paralyses seems to fade away with the younger you go.

All I'm saying, it has something to do with the age of the mushroom. If it passes a certain age, you get the paralysis. By the time them caps start waving almost 90 degrees, them waves hit you so hard and you fall to the ground. Doesn't sound too bad, but them waves keeping coming long after the tripping is over, and you literally start tripping....

Prove me wrong, that age is not the culprit.

Edited by syNtheticz0r (05/13/20 02:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: Wood Lovers Paralysis - My Solution [Re: syNtheticz0r]
    #26668465 - 05/13/20 01:17 PM (2 months, 30 days ago)

:threadmonitor:

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

OfflinesyNtheticz0r
Stranger
Re: Wood Lovers Paralysis - My Solution [Re: The Mycologist]
    #26672288 - 05/15/20 11:29 AM (2 months, 28 days ago)

I’m guessing that WLP is not very common?

Offlinemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Floating in liquid garden...
    #26672425 - 05/15/20 12:53 PM (2 months, 28 days ago)

Very interesting topic with not many answers, so I would love to know what the rest of the community thinks. I've never experienced wood lover paralysis, and I've eaten a decent amount of wood lovers, but it seems like a rather horrible experience.

Where are you located/finding wavy caps this time of year?

Also, don't drive while tripping and especially while dealing with this paralysis.

--------------------

OfflinesyNtheticz0r
Stranger
Re: Wood Lovers Paralysis - My Solution [Re: mind.at.large]
    #26672663 - 05/15/20 03:25 PM (2 months, 28 days ago)

I’m located in the garden route, South Africa, one month from winter. I’m not going to be surprised if they grow all year round. Not always sure how the trees know what to do in this region.

What further makes the environment weird where I’m picking them is the human interference in the environment. Lot of cut trees lying on the ground with all these “dark holes” everywhere. The mushrooms seems to get very old in these dark holes. My suspicion, a paralysis breeding ground...

Offlinecatmambell
Stranger
    #26691330 - 05/24/20 12:00 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

very interesting

OfflineJackboy10
Stranger
New To Shroomery Need Help [Re: catmambell]
    #26693323 - 05/24/20 08:09 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Hey I found mushrooms in a front lawn, here are some pictures could some one tell me what kind and if they are psilocybin mushrooms. Thankyou

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #26831366 - 07/18/20 08:55 PM (26 days, 4 hours ago)

I don't think age is the culprit, but I don't have another hypothesis.

I have tripped many dozens of times over many years on Ps. Cyanescens, and never experienced paralysis.

Two days ago, for the very first time, I experienced wood lover paralysis on 3.5g dry Azurescens. I had tripped on 2g of the same batch (uniformly powdered and encapsulated) a month ago with no paralysis. So dose was the only variable this time. It was the second time only of ever using anything but Ps. Cyanescens (no cubes experience).

I picked the mushrooms this autumn small and seeming young, like 2-3 days after veils opening, nowhere close to rotting, in dune grass. I dried them carefully, before they showed any blackening or other breakdown, then powdered, mixed, capped, and deep froze.

Symptoms became apparent about 9 hours after dosing, after waking up in the middle of the night, post-trip. I might have felt earlier if I had been awake. I was unable to make simple adjustments to my camping equipment (pulling down on a tarp tensioner cord) because my abdominal muscles would go slack after less than 1 second of any exertion, and I'd sort of stumble backwards. Clumsy as hell. I could wait 5-10 seconds and then get another weak contraction, but gave up after 1-2 minutes of mildly freaking out and accomplishing little.

Then I tried to drink and couldn't keep the water in my mouth: lips went slack. Then I tried eating a sweet protein bar, and I slobbered all over myself for the same reason: lips wouldn't close. My tongue was very weak trying to push the food around to chew, and I bit the tip of it too, which still hurts 2 days later. Slept through to dawn, and felt a little weak but in charge of my body again.

So this is a thing I used to think didn't affect me. Now I know. I have more of the same batch. I will have benadryl on hand next time I try these, just in case.

Edited by otherwhitemeat (08/01/20 06:13 PM)

OfflinesyNtheticz0r
Stranger
Re: Wood Lovers Paralysis - My Solution [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #26840682 - 07/23/20 03:32 PM (21 days, 10 hours ago)

Yeah man, its just a horrible experience!

I wouldn’t just jump in with the Benadryl....

Please  let us know how it goes.

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

#26850732 - 07/28/20 10:47 PM (16 days, 3 hours ago)

While reading online come across this problem time and time again - and I have a question to those who have experienced it.

You know how when your asleep/dreaming you are technically temporarily paralyzed - but sometimes you wake up partially, but your muscular-skeletal system is still “asleep”/paralyzed?  Aka sleep paralysis -  is that what Wood Lovers Paralysis is like?

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or -  give me death caps

InvisibleNothingsChangedS
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: Wood Lovers Paralysis - My Solution [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26872245 - 08/09/20 09:55 PM (4 days, 3 hours ago)

anytime i do more than 3.5 WL i could experience wlp, and i have many times. now i weigh them every time. potency is of my opinion.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Shroomery University

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman
616 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.