Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years
    #26849239 - 07/28/20 04:13 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Just saw this news item yesterday on google homepage.

A Denver man accused of dealing psychedelic mushrooms is facing up to twenty years in prison and a $1 million fine. On July 23, prosecutors with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Colorado charged 28-year-old Kole Milner with one count of possession with intent to distribute psilocybin, the active ingredient in psychedelic mushrooms that is classified as a Schedule I drug by the federal government.

Milner pleaded not guilty during his appearance in court that same day, and was allowed to leave on bond.

The charging of Milner restarts a long-dormant case that began when Drug Enforcement Administration agents searched Milner's Denver apartment in September 2019, and left with 906 live psychedelic mushrooms and 20.42 ounces of dried mushrooms. An attorney representing Milner declined to comment on the charge, as did the U.S. Attorney's Office.

In May 2019, Denver voters approved a ballot measure that decriminalized personal use, possession and cultivation of psychedelic mushroom. That law only applies to Denver, however, and didn't handcuff federal law enforcement at all. So when DEA agents learned about Milner's alleged activity, they got on the case.

Here's how they learned about Milner: In late August 2019, local DEA investigators came upon a Denver Post article titled "Spores of psychedelic mushroom industry are sprouting in Denver after decriminalization."

The article "focused mainly on an unidentified male subject who is a self-proclaimed cultivator and distributor of mushrooms," according to court records. The man told the Post that he dealt to about twenty people and earned approximately $2,000 a month from his sales.

The article included a video that showed the "process of cultivating and manufacturing illegal psilocybin mushrooms occurring in the male's residence," according to court records. The video notes that the "male subject has been growing mushrooms in his apartment for a little over a year."

After seeing that piece, DEA agents began searching for other news stories about psychedelic mushroom sales in Denver. And there were plenty, including reports by National Public Radio, Westword and VICE News.
Coupled with the Post article, they revealed a number of key details: the unidentified man was going by the name "Douglas," used electronic transactions to avoid the threat of law enforcement, and worked in the cannabis industry.

The man in the Denver Post video was wearing a shirt with a logo for Happy Fox Edibles; in the online NPR article, a subject was wearing the same shirt.  A story in Harvest Public Media included a photograph in which a man was wearing the same shirt. The shirt also made an appearance in a VICE News story about a mushroom dealer named Douglas that was published around the time of decriminalization.

That shirt led the DEA to the Instagram page of Dillon Wheaton, the artist who designed the Happy Fox Edibles logo.

After that, it was easy for the feds to find Milner.

The Colorado Department of Revenue keeps a public database of all employees in the state's cannabis industry. DEA agents searched that database for the name "Douglas," the unidentified man they knew worked in the cannabis industry.

Among the hits was a "Kole Douglas Milner." On Milner's Facebook profile, investigators found pictures of a white male that matched the physical description of the "Douglas" in the articles. DEA agents found the profile to contain "several posts in support of the decriminalization of psilocybin mushrooms," according to court records.

The profile also included a video showing an apartment that looked similar to the one in the Denver Post video.

On Milner's Instagram page, he'd uploaded a picture that showed two pieces of art on his wall. The top one framed the Happy Fox Edibles logo, the bottom a design for the shirt that "Douglas" was wearing in the news photos and video.

DEA agents also found a photograph of Milner and others that Kevin Matthews, the head of the decriminalization initiative, had posted on Facebook in August 2019. In the picture, Milner is wearing the Happy Fox Edibles shirt.

The feds then subpoenaed Venmo and found a phone number listed for Milner's Venmo account that matched Milner's actual number. A transaction on Venmo showed one between Milner's account and an account for Wheaton, the designer of the Happy Fox logo.

In its search warrant application, the DEA included screenshots of some of the publicly-accessible Venmo transactions between Milner's account and others. One individual who paid Milner's account included emojis of mushrooms, while another person simply wrote "Magic."

Two and a half weeks after coming across that Denver Post article, the feds raided Milner's apartment. Almost eleven months later, Kole Douglas Milner was finally charged by the feds.

https://www.westword.com/news/denver-man-charged-dealing-mushrooms-psilocibin-twenty-years-11756016

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: pablokabute] * 2
    #26849295 - 07/28/20 05:55 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Guy made a lot of stupid mistakes, got overconfident. And using an alias only works if its not your name, geeze. And I never understood why dealers think venmo is a good idea, you are leaving a record of all your sales...

That said, I feel for him, and although I already knew this I am perpetually outraged that the DEA ignores the wishes of local governments, that is not democracy.

InvisibleLeftfield420
bong toker
Male

Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: pablokabute]
    #26849330 - 07/28/20 06:34 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

He was asking for it..... no way I would have people paying me for mush using a cash app like venmo... cash only

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Leftfield420]
    #26849482 - 07/28/20 08:43 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Ooooof...20 years, wow....but man he made himself about as obvious as possible.  He's a clean cut white kid so maybe that will work in his favor when it comes to sentencing, judges seem to like that. Or the feds may try to make an example out of him.

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Psicomb] * 1
    #26849549 - 07/28/20 09:19 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Guys, posting pics on social media and being overly open about doing something illegal is just dumb!!  And vice is hella nortious about being open and putting drugs in the spotlight.  I was recently messaged by someone over Facebook saying something about pics on Facebook. I couldn't tell if she was a cop or someone just curious about cultivation. I would never post pics of grows on Facebook and people who do so are asking for it. I had gotten kicked from shroomery Facebook awhile back, but it's really no big loss cause mushroom cultivation shouldn't have a place on Facebook

Offlineb2x
Tawhid

Loc: New Mexico
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Ogla]
    #26850147 - 07/28/20 03:35 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I remember I saw that article the week it came out and I immediately started thinking to myself, "damn this dude is going to get caught".

Local Laws don't mean jack in the face of the Federal government.

--------------------
Power Overwhelming

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: pablokabute]
    #26850151 - 07/28/20 03:38 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this guy. No one deserves to be locked up for mushrooms, no matter what he did. The DEA are the bad guys here, let's not forget that. All this dude did was grow some mushrooms, and now his life could be ruined.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: nooneman]
    #26850549 - 07/28/20 07:28 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Oh yeah, I remember hearing about this guy. No one deserves to be locked up for mushrooms, no matter what he did. The DEA are the bad guys here, let's not forget that. All this dude did was grow some mushrooms, and now his life could be ruined.

QFT, I was thinking about that when I made my post and trying to avoid blaming the victim. Yeah he was dumb, but nooneman is right the DEA are the ones to blame not him.

OfflineDancingWolf
FluffButt
I'm a teapot

#26850597 - 07/28/20 07:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
Guys, posting pics on social media and being overly open about doing something illegal is just dumb!!  And vice is hella nortious about being open and putting drugs in the spotlight.  I was recently messaged by someone over Facebook saying something about pics on Facebook. I couldn't tell if she was a cop or someone just curious about cultivation. I would never post pics of grows on Facebook and people who do so are asking for it. I had gotten kicked from shroomery Facebook awhile back, but it's really no big loss cause mushroom cultivation shouldn't have a place on Facebook

Sounds like half this forum, posting pictures and evidence of their illegal activities, discussing drug manufacturing, etc. No one should be going to jail over some mushrooms; vote accordingly in 97 days.

Also, when the state criminalizes plants, they insinuate that God himself committed a crime by creating controlled substances. The state essentially attempts to elevate itself above God; at least, that is how I see the matter. Good luck pulling a no-knock raid on God.

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: DancingWolf]
    #26850692 - 07/28/20 08:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Completely agree drug laws are wack but gloating about being a mushroom drug dealer is wack too.  He doesnt deserve 20 years obviously, let alone any real time, but you know who else doesnt deserve harsh sentences?  the countless other people who are in prison and forgotten and were dealing drugs to survive rather than to boast about being a street shaman.  Iono the whole situation is ultra lame for sure.

Hope hes aiight in prison :sun: hang in there mushroom dood. denver prolly has a pretty scary prison population tbh

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (07/28/20 08:24 PM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Psicomb]
    #26851075 - 07/29/20 03:14 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

29years old and 20 years in prison. It’s like that TFM onion service Where a bunch of kids less than 30 got the same 20 years and they were only selling psychs (this was before even Silk Road was a thing)

But yeah also This guy did some stupid shit. That said I see worse on IG and FB where people just post pics of themselves with mountains of cubes (for sale) and blotters and whatever. I’m sure a lot of them are cops but also some prolly are just people living in Denver etc who don’t think anyone will care.

This guy didn’t even overtly post shroom pics on his social media like what I sometimes see. I don’t even post words on social media these days lol

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: DancingWolf]
    #26851112 - 07/29/20 04:40 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DancingWolf said:
Sounds like half this forum, posting pictures and evidence of their illegal activities, discussing drug manufacturing, etc. No one should be going to jail over some mushrooms; vote accordingly in 97 days.

Also, when the state criminalizes plants, they insinuate that God himself committed a crime by creating controlled substances. The state essentially attempts to elevate itself above God; at least, that is how I see the matter. Good luck pulling a no-knock raid on God.

You had me until you started talking about your imaginary man in the sky. I'm not even an atheist, but the idea of a personified monotheistic supreme being with "his" own consciousness...well it's not the place and I don't want to offend any more than I already have.

On a lighter note, it looks like this guys biggest mistake is only owning one t-shirt.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Fractal420]
    #26851198 - 07/29/20 06:40 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
That said I see worse on IG and FB where people just post pics of themselves with mountains of cubes (for sale) and blotters and whatever.

This is why it's so important to be safe and don't let anyone know what you do.. All it takes is 1 cop with a hardon and you are fucked..

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: pablokabute] * 3
    #26851525 - 07/29/20 10:32 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I truly despise the fact that this is part of what my tax dollars go towards.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: feevers]
    #26854905 - 07/31/20 05:55 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Your post made me think of a Thoreau quote from Civil Disobedience which is also fitting for victims of the war on drugs.

Quote:

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26858447 - 08/02/20 09:06 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yes! Civil Disobedience I mention it all the time, that is how people get their rights

\=/ Thoreau is da mang

And it is very much fitting to the war on drugs. Civil Disobedience led us this far. If people just didn’t smoke weed cause it was illegal or just very few people did openly, this effect would not occur

It’s the same with gay pride etc etc

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#26859546 - 08/02/20 07:05 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:

Agree

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Atypical obsessive.
 User Gallery

Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Fractal420]
    #26863755 - 08/05/20 03:09 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

In the U.S for every 5 grams dried you have its 1 separate 2nd degree felony.

Its basically like racking up a bunch of manslaughter charges.

"manslaughter is a second degree felony. Depending upon the case circumstances and your criminal history, a conviction on this charge can earn you two to 20 years in state prison. The maximum fine is $10,000."

saw this a while back, it's pretty crazy how unscientific governments are with, oh just about everything.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

"Nihilism is the most basic truth in existence,
the only consistency throughout the world, and the universe is
chaos and decay"
"Logic leads to nihilism"

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #26867772 - 08/07/20 07:28 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Civil Disobedience should be mandatory reading for any member of a democracy, its a very entertaining read as well. And for those who don't know about Thoreau or how feevers post relates, Thoreau was locked up for refusing to pay his taxes in protest of slavery and the military, his arrest being triggered by his publicly denouncing the US invasion of Mexico.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Man Accused of Selling Mushrooms Faces Up to Twenty Years [Re: Buckomcdoogle]
    #26872572 - 08/10/20 12:36 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Buckomcdoogle said:
In the U.S for every 5 grams dried you have its 1 separate 2nd degree felony.

Its basically like racking up a bunch of manslaughter charges.

"manslaughter is a second degree felony. Depending upon the case circumstances and your criminal history, a conviction on this charge can earn you two to 20 years in state prison. The maximum fine is $10,000."

saw this a while back, it's pretty crazy how unscientific governments are with, oh just about everything.

Really? Was reading my state law and it seemed like an ounce or so triggers a felony which is freakin ridiculous also

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract