Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next > | Last >
OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Shroopy12]
    #26848628 - 07/27/20 07:20 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroopy12 said:
Hi im new to this website and im not sure where to post this but can anyone identify whats going on with my monotub?
https://imgur.com/a/e1t9x1B

Try uploading pics in your pics folder.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/myfiles.php
How to upload an image / change your avatar

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

Edited by Inthepit (07/27/20 08:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Inthepit]
    #26849533 - 07/28/20 09:09 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Can I get an ID on this? Its my outdoor bed.

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Is this mold? [Re: Shroopy12]
    #26849595 - 07/28/20 09:51 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ckl2007 said:
Knew I forgot to put something in the post. LC on the 19th.

I can see some myc growing but most of it is something else.

Quote:

Lewie siffer said:

look decent. guessing its mycelium doing something weird and reaching vertically for growth. can't say what it is.

Quote:

ShadowLord said:

As far as I see it's alright. when a cake fully colonizes its hard to get it fucked up.

Quote:

Shroopy12 said:
Hi im new to this website and im not sure where to post this but can anyone identify whats going on with my monotub?
https://imgur.com/a/e1t9x1B

what is the sub made out of?
metabolites and drying out are vectors to this.
Spawn might be the real issue.

Invisiblebare.whiterabbit
Lapin Blanc
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Microwave Flag
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: ckl2007]
    #26849813 - 07/28/20 12:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Bacterial. Not going to grow anything with those sadly. gonna small pretty funky so dont dispose of them indoors.

--------------------

Offlinemoorshy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #26850003 - 07/28/20 02:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

hello guys, my cake was colonised fully as i saw, waited with it around 1 week, but there was no pinning, just yellowish liquid (i guess metabolite) that was stucked on the top of my jar, and turned a bit black (but the cake was smelling insanely nice fresh mushy). when i was dunking i hoped it will be washed away, but not, but i was doing it anyway. i'm just explaining because maybe it has something to do with the situation now. so i put them in a fruiting bag, with some perlite at the bottom, i sprayed around some water on the sides inside, and now it is like that 1 week ago. i don't see any pinning still, but some kind white, fluffy stuff is growing on the top of the cake, and also bit on the side. can you tell me guys what is this?

Lapin Blanc

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: moorshy]
    #26850808 - 07/28/20 09:39 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It may have a bacterial infection, but if it's fuzzy, it's likely not getting enough FAE. Open the bag and let it breath. It may not put anything off, but you never know.

If it doesn't get any air though it will stay in the colonizing state and continue to try and expand, until fresh air and evaporation of moisture from it's surface, signals it to fruit. Careful when removing the fruits not to get any of the black residue on them.

To be honest though, I wouldn't put anything in my mouth that grew next to black bacteria or mould. Not saying that's what it is, but without a picture, that's where my mind goes...

--------------------

Offlinemoorshy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26851435 - 07/29/20 09:17 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

i opened the bag, i will do like 1-2 hour opening every day until something happens. it was a liquid that turned black, and only on the top (now its the bottom i think). im not sure about the smell, but to be honest, maybe it smells a bit like kind of mold. should that smell like fresh mushroom? can i just cut the black part next time (or now)? now i dont see any black or colourful sign on any side, but i didnt check the bottom.

Lapin Blanc

#26851742 - 07/29/20 12:39 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moorshy said:
i opened the bag, i will do like 1-2 hour opening every day until something happens. it was a liquid that turned black, and only on the top (now its the bottom i think). im not sure about the smell, but to be honest, maybe it smells a bit like kind of mold. should that smell like fresh mushroom? can i just cut the black part next time (or now)? now i dont see any black or colourful sign on any side, but i didnt check the bottom.

You could attempt to cut it away. If it isn't spreading I would probably leave it alone at this point though. Probably just hardened metabolites condensing, but again, hard to say without visual. Next time if you see it turn black early enough, then do try cut it away.

You can leave the bag slightly open all day, with just a crack so it can breath. So long as there is enough RH surrounding the cake from your perlite and the occasional misting in the air above it. Never spray directly into the bag. Open it up and let the mist fall onto the cake so you only have a very light layer of water beaded on the surface. Next time you look at it, should it look dry, then mist again.

You never want pooled water on the surface and you want to give it time in open air to evaporate off the beads. In the fruiting stage you want a decent flow of fresh air to the surface, because air, light and surface evap are what trigger pinning.

--------------------

Lapin Blanc

#26851754 - 07/29/20 12:43 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moorshy said:
im not sure about the smell, but to be honest, maybe it smells a bit like kind of mold.

Yes, typically it should smell like mushrooms, but metabolites can cause they're own sort of odd smell. It might be more worth your time focusing on making new cakes and trying again.

I would look into trying your hand at agar. There are very simple, to more complex methods to work with it, but you can use it to clean up a multi-spore syringe, in order to get a clean sample and to possible isolate some genetics to get better results and resistance to contams.

There are a bunch of great threads and sources of info to look at if you do choose to get into that.

--------------------

Offlinefallen2sin
the amazing
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #26852473 - 07/29/20 07:00 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

one of my tubs has little amber drops and longer growths. bad?

Lapin Blanc

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: fallen2sin]
    #26852595 - 07/29/20 08:21 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Need a pic a little further away, but it looks to me like a gnarly bacterial infection. Lot of exposed grain and metabolites for a healthy mix right out the starting gate.

--------------------

Offlinefallen2sin
the amazing
 User Gallery

#26853294 - 07/30/20 10:34 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Forgot my phone checking on them today for pics. But 90% of the amber colored "dew" drops are gone and the remaining 10% were almost gone.

Lapin Blanc

#26854610 - 07/30/20 11:25 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fallen2sin said:
Forgot my phone checking on them today for pics. But 90% of the amber colored "dew" drops are gone and the remaining 10% were almost gone.

Hey, no worries, bro
Not trying to put a negative spin on things, but like I said it's hard to tell from the pics without a full view. Hopefully they mostly evaporated off and the moisture is cycling with what FAE you've got. Are they dub, unmod, shotgun, mono?

--------------------

OfflineMuteUSO
Stranger
    #26854953 - 07/31/20 07:01 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Anybody an idea what is going down in this tub?

Offlinefallen2sin
the amazing
 User Gallery

#26855170 - 07/31/20 09:38 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

White rabbit, these are experiments actually. relatively new to the hobby but with a strong biology background (which only touches on mycology)
this is in response to my post https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26816987

where i got some good feed back, but never simply being one to trust. i have set up 6 tubs, two in my set up above (one cased, one uncased) as controls (since I've done the cased in my "pointless" giant tub, i know what to expect. and then 2 following easy as fuck tek (from this site) outside the set up. then 1 using a shotgun fruiting chamber. then this one. (i had unused grain, but not enough substrate to do it right. its like 1:.98) so this tub with the amber drops... is a bastard tub! 

i found everything outside my set up is a week behind inside, but other than this tub they are all doing similar in looks, yield is not able to be tested yet.
(i know a lot of people here are very literally experts, and i love learning from them, but i like making my own mistakes a lot also)

OfflineDznts433
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26856521 - 08/01/20 12:44 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Three of my jmf jars have this
Bacteria?? Or???

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Dznts433]
    #26856825 - 08/01/20 08:19 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

even if not, it will not colonize properly and possibly will lead to contam.
too wet them things are.

OfflineDennisMenace
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: F. 3]
    #26857036 - 08/01/20 10:33 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

After 2 weeks no progress. Is that normal?

https://pasteboard.co/Jkndsbw.jpg
https://pasteboard.co/JkndV5L.jpg

Edited by DennisMenace (08/01/20 10:36 AM)

OfflineShadowLord
Stranger

Is this just bruising or worse? [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26857324 - 08/01/20 01:55 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Seems like this is just bruising? As its my 1st time I'd like to double check.  Also it does seem like this one dropped spores overnight.  The discoloration was there prior to the spore drop.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?  The larger one on the right is growing up into an ugly greyish mushroom.  I am spraying about 1 fl oz into the chamber 4x a day and fanning.  They are 7 days out an not much happening so far.  Whatever growth I do have is unhappy.

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: DennisMenace]
    #26857360 - 08/01/20 02:23 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShadowLord said:

Drying out like a MF. your chamber doesnt hold moisture well or you fan way too much or both or some other factor fcking up the humidity.

Quote:

DennisMenace said:
After 2 weeks no progress. Is that normal?

https://pasteboard.co/Jkndsbw.jpg
https://pasteboard.co/JkndV5L.jpg

What temps are at your place? does it get fresh air n such?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order