Home | Community | Message Board

Old Faithful Seed Bank
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethackertodd
Stranger

My trips have taken on a newer flavor, anybody else? * 1
    #26845714 - 07/26/20 08:47 AM (19 days, 23 hours ago)

I have noticed over the last couple years that my experiences with mushrooms, dmt, and acid have gravitated towards a more technological feel. Somewhat mechanical but still not lacking an emotional sense to them as well. I really first noticed it on dmt but it seems like it's carried over now to the other psychedelics too. If I had to put it into lame words, words that do not capture the essence, it would be a feeling that the whole universe, this dimension and the ones that I peer into are already like artificial intelligence, only not artificial. It's hard to explain. All in all it feels technological, advanced, mechanical, quantifiable... This is in contrast to allot of earlier trips where they were earthy and like everything deep down was just one thing. Lately it's feels more like there's so much more there that I don't know about. Real stuff, a deeper reality, one that's outside of me. What really blows my mind about dmt is there seems to be information that did not come from me. It's outside information that if I'm lucky I get to take a small piece back with me. Shapes, colors, vividness, a communication different from what I'm used to. I was just curious if anyone elses trips are evolving or changing similarly.

Do good.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGordoTEK
Underground Researcher

Re: My trips have taken on a newer flavor, anybody else? [Re: thackertodd]
    #26845762 - 07/26/20 09:28 AM (19 days, 22 hours ago)

My take is that psychedelic content is heavily influenced by your mindset going into the experience.  There has been a lot of talk in the last few years about artificial intelligence and especially the simulation hypothesis:
Quote:

The simulation hypothesis or simulation theory is the proposal that all of reality, including the Earth and the rest of the universe, could in fact be an artificial simulation, such as a computer simulation. Some versions rely on the development of a simulated reality, a proposed technology that would be able to convince its inhabitants that the simulation was "real". The simulation hypothesis bears a close resemblance to various other skeptical scenarios from throughout the history of philosophy. The hypothesis was popularized in its current form by Nick Bostrom. The suggestion that such a hypothesis is compatible with all of our perceptual experiences is thought to have significant epistemological consequences in the form of philosophical skepticism. Versions of the hypothesis have also been featured in science fiction, appearing as a central plot device in many stories and films.

I see this phenomenon of psychedelic culture influence as mostly "the flavor of the day" when it comes to the psychedelic community.  I have even seen some goofy YouTube videos from psychonauts claiming they have "proof" we are in a simulation because of their psychedelic experience.

The day that a psychedelic experience reveals objective "proof" of anything is the day science dies, haha.

--------------------
GordoTEK

Offlinethackertodd
Stranger

Re: My trips have taken on a newer flavor, anybody else? [Re: GordoTEK]
    #26845871 - 07/26/20 10:25 AM (19 days, 22 hours ago)

That said, you are probably right on. I have listened  to many books (audiobooks) on the topic including Nick Bostrom's. However, I can't discount the evolving nature of my trips. I can say they have been incredibly intriguing.
Thanks for your input.

OfflineWeyland
Seeker
    #26845902 - 07/26/20 10:48 AM (19 days, 21 hours ago)

I believe my last trip "broke my brain." I'm overall fine, grounded, and present in reality, but I find my thinking is more aware of every single choice and what that could mean.

The trip that triggered it wasn't particularly bad or difficult but about twelve hours. I was extremely grounded, except when I wasn't, and I lost the concept of who I was for a bit but not in an aggressive way. Then, there were no "life truths" on this trip, but I did perceive time less linearly and more of a bioluminescent lake where I walk through causing endless disturbances.

Since COVID is raging in my area, the political and social justice arenas are absolutely a mess, and there's so much uncertainty, my trip became more about finding where I am now, anchoring myself, and experiencing it.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: My trips have taken on a newer flavor, anybody else? [Re: Weyland]
    #26845968 - 07/26/20 11:32 AM (19 days, 20 hours ago)

everything from your journey colludes to shape your experience both sober and inebriated.

as a child I had a recurring dream:
before being born I was with some tall aliens in a circular room looking through some round portals at the universe.
at the appropriate moment the aliens encouraged me to proceed through the portal.

now it is a bit like I am in my body and everything or idea is another portal and we are proceeding through the continuum this way sometimes by watching the portals and sometimes moving through with changes.

after salvia, first tried in 2003, things really started to come clearer or seem more connected but not in any superstitious way, just how it is.

--------------------

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Other
    #26862365 - 08/04/20 10:12 AM (10 days, 22 hours ago)

I’ve been tripping only for about nine months but I do it every second day with minimal breaks. I must be over a hundred trips. I estimate there were 30% pharma, 68% mushroom, 2% mixed trips.

They have changed a lot.

The changes of my trips I can’t account for the state of my mind. Although my trips vary, there is a direction in which they develop. The visuals changed a lot.

Although, there are returning visual elements, or more likely, phases of my trips and places of my trips that are stable.

Since I’ve taken my trips as a learning process and development from the beginning, I consider the change normal.

I miss one or two specific eye-candies from earlier but I got new ones.

During a hundred trips, I’ve never told myself, "it’s not real". I had a few super scary trips when, I guess, the general advice would be saying that phrase. I took those trips as super important warnings about something.

I suggest you ask yourself first, "Why do I trip?"

The answer for that question might answer why your trips change.

Edited by Vylie (08/04/20 10:15 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology