Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblehTx
(:
Male User Gallery

Loc: Space-time
Just some thoughts..
    #26843496 - 07/24/20 08:06 PM (21 days, 11 hours ago)

I often wonder what could be the cause of the ill-understood expansion of the universe. Conceptually, with thought experiments, I try to think outside the box. Dark energy..dark matter.
Theorized terms meaning quite literally,
"we have no idea."
Based on what we know about gravity and entropy, the expansion of the universe is accelerating at a rate which implies the universe that we can see and measure and previously assumed was all there was could only account for ~15% of the universe..
Scientists believe it to be a particle that does not interact with the electromagnetic spectrum making it essentially invisible and very hard to detect..but ubiquitous like a glue holding everything together.
That may be so...but why is it holding everything together? What could it mean?
Perhaps such a particle would be intimately connected to the past, seeing on how it does not interact with light i would imagine it is not bound by the speed of light.
It would mean dark matter exists in a realm that is influencing time and space.. not in a realm that is influenced by time (our realm). This is why we cannot detect it.
Could dark matter be some kind of mechanism which allows the past to influence the future?
doesnt it seem that we take such a thing for granted?
Its actually quite the assumption if you think about it...
Modern science assumes the past influences the present and future without mechanism, it just does.

What if dark matter is that mechanism.
What if it is how the past influences the present and unfolds connected, it is how information breaks the speed of light barrier, connecting the past no matter how far back to the present..like a time glue.

The PAST increases as time marches forward, contributing to the accelerating rate of expansion. Its assumed dark energy is a constant, but recent studies suggest it may increase with time.

If this turns out to be true, i think the dark matter connection to time should be further explored..

What do you think?

--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Just some thoughts.. [Re: hTx]
    #26843633 - 07/24/20 09:27 PM (21 days, 9 hours ago)

How does entanglement tie into it?

OfflineBiscuits
Trans-female

Loc: In a society
    #26843966 - 07/25/20 03:51 AM (21 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

hTx said:
Perhaps such a particle would be intimately connected to the past, seeing on how it does not interact with light i would imagine it is not bound by the speed of light.
What do you think?

Neutrinos do not interact with light but are proven to be bound by the speed of light. The speed of light is due to the Lorentz structure (how our spacetime is set up) of the universe, not the particles that live in it. Unless you go into some tachyon theory shit, but dark matter is almost certainly not that as it must freeze out at a non-relativistic speed to make large scale structures (like galaxies) work, and be bound within our galaxy...

Dark matter, as far as we can tell, behaves just like the rest of the particles we know, except it does not fit into the Standard Model and is seemingly hard to detect. There are plenty of out-of-the-box theories out there regarding what it is, but Occam's Razor... Perhaps it is just another particle that we have not detected yet.

Edited by Biscuits (07/25/20 05:08 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Just some thoughts.. [Re: Biscuits]
    #26844009 - 07/25/20 05:19 AM (21 days, 1 hour ago)

I get a spooky feeling about dark matter

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26844459 - 07/25/20 11:31 AM (20 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

hTx said:
I often wonder what could be the cause of the ill-understood expansion of the universe. Conceptually, with thought experiments, I try to think outside the box.....

Like the idea of time having a beginning, the idea of space expanding simply makes no sense in terms of human experience, and unlike the idea of a green unicorn is actually self contradictory.

So just as mathematics uses irrational numbers, physics apparently also uses, constructs that it is a mistake to take literally.

What is strange to me is that although I am not particularly smart and can't do any mathematics, yet I don't get emotional about wanting to burn flags, or beat up people who burn flags, and I do understand that the above statement is a metaphor and not about flags, but is about abstraction, beliefs, and symbols.

All physical models of the universe, are just that, and that only, namely: abstractions, beliefs, symbols, constructs, or models, that exist inside the brains, of mortal squishy creatures that don't even understand themselves very well.

Further more awareness aka consciousnessing  is a verb and not a noun, yet scientists far smarter than me look for its origin. Verbs have no origin. Many smart folks do not understand nominalization.
A huge gap in our educational system. ( Where does your fist go when you open your hand? - It is not recognized that 'fist' is a verb disguised as a noun - muscles must be contracted to make a fist).

Like wise running does not have an origin - it doesn't come from some discoverable where, and then vanish back into this place, when it ceases- it is not a thing - likewise awareness aka consciousness is not a thing, and therefore is an abstraction. This makes 99.99....% of people uncomfortable, but perhaps not some meditators?

"The greatest flaw of human beings is to remain glued to the inventory of reason. Reason doesn't deal with man as energy. Reason deals with instruments that create energy, but it has never seriously occurred to reason that we are better than instruments: we are organisms that create energy. We are bubbles of energy."  Carlos Castaneda

--------------------
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.” or  “Science advances one funeral at a time.”
― Max Planck

"The situation is hopeless, but not serious."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend,
inside of a dog its too dark to read."

OfflineBiscuits
Trans-female

Loc: In a society
Re: Just some thoughts.. [Re: laughingdog]
    #26845152 - 07/25/20 08:32 PM (20 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

hTx said:
I often wonder what could be the cause of the ill-understood expansion of the universe. Conceptually, with thought experiments, I try to think outside the box.....

Like the idea of time having a beginning, the idea of space expanding simply makes no sense in terms of human experience, and unlike the idea of a green unicorn is actually self contradictory.

So just as mathematics uses irrational numbers, physics apparently also uses, constructs that it is a mistake to take literally.

What is strange to me is that although I am not particularly smart and can't do any mathematics, yet I don't get emotional about wanting to burn flags, or beat up people who burn flags, and I do understand that the above statement is a metaphor and not about flags, but is about abstraction, beliefs, and symbols.

All physical models of the universe, are just that, and that only, namely: abstractions, beliefs, symbols, constructs, or models, that exist inside the brains, of mortal squishy creatures that don't even understand themselves very well.

I agree with all of this. The physics community is well aware that the models are not perfect and not the entire picture, but in order to try and approach a true representation of reality we need to take stepping stones. Just like we still don't fully understand QCD and hence fully what happens inside a nucleus, yet we are able to use imperfect models of said nuclei to dope silica to make the computer that you are typing this on. My point being that just because it is imperfect does not mean it should be dismissed or invalidated.

Just like that we will try and model cosmology with (self-confessed) oversimplifications like the Lambda-CDM model, and as new research or data comes in we will attempt to refine that until someone uses that to have brilliant theoretical coup that finds a more elegant, holistic solution.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology