Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | Next >
Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you Flag
Re: Coca growers [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #26844251 - 07/25/20 09:12 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

My 2 now back from the dead

Growing nicely

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: Coca growers [Re: CocaAndCactus]
    #26844489 - 07/25/20 11:49 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CocaAndCactus said:
How likely am I to get fruit?

Most of the flowers of my plants will just fall off after a while, but that might be because they're indoors and I usually don't bother to hand pollinate them. Even though sometimes berries start to form without intervention. But when they do get pollinated, the developing berries drop prematurely. I should make an effort to pollinate my plants again because I occasionally got the berries close to maturity, starting to turn slightly red.

@mrmazdarx9: they recovered nicely!

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Coca growers [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #26844978 - 07/25/20 05:37 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mrmazdarx9 said:
My 2 now back from the dead

Growing nicely

Looking good friend!

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
truxillense berries [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #26883897 - 08/16/20 07:46 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleUrb
Last Man Standing
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: truxillense berries [Re: ferrel_human]
    #26892670 - 08/21/20 11:17 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

FH , whats been up man?

--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
-Whenever you hear 5 blasts from the emergency horn that’s the signal for a 30 minute buttfucking break-      Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]
split_by_nine said:
i did the man bun.[/quote]
1234go said:
I don't have a dog. I can't stand em...They're needy animals for needy people.

InvisibleRatsboggleBiologic
Other

- [Re: ferrel_human]
    #26894038 - 08/22/20 06:16 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

-

Edited by RatsboggleBiologic (10/19/20 05:19 PM)

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Loc: Austria Flag
E. coca loosing leaves [Re: ferrel_human]
    #27041538 - 11/16/20 02:40 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So here is my healthy E. coca. About one year old. Still rather small. It had an attack of spider mites when it was younger, that set it back a bit. They grow in a mix of coconut substrate and rhododendron soil to bring down the pH. I water with rain water, sometimes with a drop of vinegar adjusting it to pH 3.5.

Recently I've been worrying a bit. It seems to loose leaves at an increasing rate. The leaves look like in the pictures below.

On the first two I would conjecture lack of iron. The one with the brown spot on the side of the leave - no idea. The last one, yellow inside and green outside - lack of magnesium? They all dropped over the last week.

Any help?

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Re: E. coca loosing leaves [Re: valec]
    #27041540 - 11/16/20 02:44 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

The I have a second E. coca which is really sick recently. It has been growing better than the other one until recently, then suddenly went sick. I even repotted it into soil with a higher percentage of rhododendron soil for acidity, now improvement. It is now in a mix of 50% rhodendron soil, 25% coconut substrate, 25% perlite. Any idea what is causing the problem?

It's E. coca, so it should not go deciduous, right? And even if going deciduous, the branch tips should stay green, or not? The leaves all become necrotic from the outside with the core staying green (as in the picture), then drop. I tried spraying the remaining leaves with an iron supplement.

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
    #27043300 - 11/17/20 05:34 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It's dropping a lot of leaves. Two nice big green leaves dropped today. May it be a reaction to insufficient humidity, given that it is winter here and the heating is on? The healthy one of the two plants is still pushing out new leaves, but a lot of established leaves have dropped in the last days.

Save the coca plant!

Invisiblejellyfish

#27043726 - 11/17/20 11:32 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Re: E. coca loosing leaves [Re: jellyfish]
    #27047551 - 11/19/20 03:25 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Seems it stabilized a little bit. No more leaves dropping for the last tow days. Still, I'm a bit worried. Especially the weaker one of the two... it has three green freh little buds since like 4 weeks, and they just don't evolve, not growing nor dying. How to tell this plant to start growing again?

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
    #27049748 - 11/21/20 12:30 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

valec said:
The I have a second E. coca which is really sick recently. It has been growing better than the other one until recently, then suddenly went sick. I even repotted it into soil with a higher percentage of rhododendron soil for acidity, now improvement. It is now in a mix of 50% rhodendron soil, 25% coconut substrate, 25% perlite. Any idea what is causing the problem?

It's E. coca, so it should not go deciduous, right? And even if going deciduous, the branch tips should stay green, or not? The leaves all become necrotic from the outside with the core staying green (as in the picture), then drop. I tried spraying the remaining leaves with an iron supplement.

You should be growing e. novo... not the var coca.
Is that what you have?

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Re: E. coca loosing leaves [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #27051760 - 11/22/20 09:02 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsychoReactive said:
Quote:

valec said:

You should be growing e. novo... not the var coca.
Is that what you have?

I'm not sure. The seeds come from a dutch vendor (5 seeds for €25) and are supposed to be E. coca.

I have difficulty recognizing it from the leaves. It seems the leaf color and shape change a lot depending on conditions. I had one plant growing at high humidity, where leaves became very big and broader. At ambient humidity they seems to grow smaller and not as broad.

I also tried looking for the two lines parallel to the middle. Some but not all of the leaves seem to have the parallel lines. However, the lines are very weak and hard to see. Some time a go I saw E. novogranatense in a botanical garden and there the parallel lines were much more distinguishable.

So to sum it up... not sure. If anyone sees it clearly from the photos or knows that dutch vendor and can tell me what I have, let me know. Maybe they are E. novogranatense and they suffer from the vinegar?

The one that is so sick now has been growing in a little green house in rhododendron soil (should be pH 4 - 4.5) over the entire summer and was thriving. Around september it started loosing leaves and getting sicker and sicker. At some point I took it out of the green house since branch tips were beginning to dry up and then get moldy. At least the mold stopped, now that it is out of the green house. It has three tiny fresh buds, but they have not been evolving for more than a month...

Any ideas - what am I growing, and how do I save it?

For the moment I put both of them back in a small greenhouse, to see if the problem is the dry appartment air with the heating on.

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
    #27062712 - 11/29/20 09:38 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The sickly one has lost all of its leaves about five days ago. The tips of the branches are also drying out. Although, on the positive side, further down along the branches two small green tips have formed. So maybe it is coming back after all. Let's see.

I thought this behavior was typical for E. novo., not for E. coca?

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
    #27067890 - 12/02/20 09:48 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Total outsider, why is nova better?

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up
Re: E. coca loosing leaves [Re: polaritymind]
    #27067952 - 12/02/20 10:27 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Higher cocaine content IIRC. Someone changed the thread title tho or whatever.
:2cents:

Oh yeah, does it make more sense to try to order berries during a fruiting season for viability?

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Alkaloid content [Re: polaritymind]
    #27070063 - 12/03/20 01:21 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

polaritymind said:
Total outsider, why is nova better?

I don't think there is much of a difference. Take what you can get. They like slightly different conditions, E. coca wants more acidic soil and higher humidity. Some people say E. coca grows stronger, some people say E. novo. grows faster...

For the alkaloids:
In an extensive study, the cocaine content in leaves of E. coca var. coca (30 samples) was found to range from 0.23-0.96%, with a mean of 0.63%, while the cocaine content in E. coca var. ipadu (6 samples) was lower: 0.11-0.41%, with an average of 0.25%. E. novogranatense var. novogranatense (3 samples) contained 0.55-0.93% cocaine, with an average of 0.77% and E. novogranatense var. truxillense (14 samples) 0.42-1.02%, with a mean of 0.72%.

The data doesn't look conclusive if you look at the small number of samples and the fluctuation.

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Re: E. coca loosing leaves [Re: Failboat]
    #27070067 - 12/03/20 01:22 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Quirkmeister92 said:
Higher cocaine content IIRC. Someone changed the thread title tho or whatever.
:2cents:

Oh yeah, does it make more sense to try to order berries during a fruiting season for viability?

I'd say, take any vendor that assures you that they will send fresh seeds. There's no point with seeds that have dried. Usually they will only send during fruiting season anyway, and you'll have to wait.

Invisiblejellyfish

#27079980 - 12/09/20 06:48 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

My plants are starting to look a bit sad. I think they need transplanting but the stems are sooo thin. My apartment went from 55% to 20% humidity over the weekend so I had to rush to get a humidifier. I am not losing hope but darn they've out grown my little seedling tray with a lid for humidity so like they need to be transplanted.

edit: so you can see how I've lazily raised the lids of my seedling tray.

I planted 20 seeds. 1 germinated first week. The other 2 weeks later. A third on week 8 but after the seed split it stopped growing it's dead. So out of 20 I ended up with two plants and I really don't want to lose them. The shelving I have them is originally from an indoor greenhouse type thing so it has a plastic jacket I can zip up around it to keep it humid. But they need to be transplanted. And the stems seem soooo delicate.

Edited by jellyfish (12/09/20 06:55 AM)

Invisiblevalec
Stranger
Re: E. coca loosing leaves [Re: jellyfish]
    #27080161 - 12/09/20 09:42 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I transplanted mine as soon as they had 4 leaves, as was recommended by the vendor. They didn't have any problems with that.

I would use soil with low amount of nutrients, my impression is that already 1/3 compost is too strong form them.

Even pure coco coir seems to work well, optionally with 25% rhododendron soil (to lower the pH if they are E. coca, not for E. novo).

Water only with rain water, fertilize  when they get bigger, with fertilizer diluted to half the regular strength.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order