Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: OZZ]
    #26841890 - 07/24/20 01:51 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I am very impressed with that little led. I think I may have to give them another try. Your timing looks spot on great fucking job dude and thanks for sharing a success grow with led, the technology sure seems to have caught up. Very excited to hear your final weight post cure.

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: GreenHorns]
    #26851769 - 07/29/20 12:50 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
I am very impressed with that little led. I think I may have to give them another try. Your timing looks spot on great fucking job dude and thanks for sharing a success grow with led, the technology sure seems to have caught up. Very excited to hear your final weight post cure.

Thanks for the kind words friend!

We are at day 80 now and She’s looking very, very hazy, Trichs are 5-10% amber, but the new pistils she pushed out a few weeks ago are still white and fresh looking. I was getting ready to chop her this Saturday at week 12 but I’m being told by the breeder directly, as well as by a bunch of others who are much more experienced with long flowering Sativas than I, that she easily needs a few more weeks and probably another feeding too. I stopped feeding her about a week ago, it’s been just straight RO water since. I’m going to hit her with a BioBloom Feeding, then follow that up with a few molasses waterings, then back to straight RO for the finish at around 14 weeks.

Edited by OZZ (07/29/20 12:53 PM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26851799 - 07/29/20 01:02 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Also, I just got a new upgraded setup so once this KA5H is finished I’ll tear down the little 2x2 tent she is in now and put it in storage until we move next year and I can setup a grow room as I’ll then have an entire room to play with.

It’s a Secret Jardín DR90 3x3 tent, a HLG 550 Rspec (dimmeable from 45w to 505w), and a 6” AC infinity fan and filter combo with temp controller.

I popped 4 of DJ shorts Flo and Blueberry. Ended up with only two flow females and one blueberry female, all the rest were boys.

I was away last week and they got beat up pretty good so they look like shit right now. They didn’t like the soil mix they were in and I had the light to close to them so it was stressing them out, even though I had it dimmed down to 75w.

I transplanted them yesterday into 4 gallon pots of straight FFOF soil with some extra perilite and lime, hooked up the scrubber to the tent and got airflow dialed in, raised the light to 33” above the plants and bumped the power up to 150w.

Also I topped them way, way back to the fourth node, nearly chopped them in half as they were probably about 18”.

I suspect now that they have new soil, the light is raised a safe distance away, and temps are now much better (80-82 degrees whereas before it was around 74 degrees) they should bounce back quickly.

Edited by OZZ (07/29/20 01:04 PM)

InvisibleAllium
    #26851801 - 07/29/20 01:03 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Good job mate :thumbup: I'll help you smoke it all :awesomenod:

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: Allium]
    #26851807 - 07/29/20 01:06 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

HA! Thanks brother.... swing on over i got you :laugh:

InvisibleAllium
    #26851900 - 07/29/20 01:57 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Be right over in a few, I got the beer :thumbup:

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26851999 - 07/29/20 02:31 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Lol cheers!

InvisibleAllium
    #26852067 - 07/29/20 02:59 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

:leocheers:

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

#26854809 - 07/31/20 02:45 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Damn that's a long flowering time. That foliage is looking like it about had enough. Are you thinking of running all led when you have a room to grow in?

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26855514 - 07/31/20 01:01 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
Damn that's a long flowering time. That foliage is looking like it about had enough. Are you thinking of running all led when you have a room to grow in?

That’s what I was thinking too so I cut her feed off at around 10.5 weeks, but the breeder himself, along with several other legends in the hobby all agree at *least* two more weeks. It was unanimous from like 5 extremely experienced Sativa breeders and growers.

The breeder said feed her again, I think I cut her feed too early which is why she faded too early. He said he thinks she will put on more weight and produce a lot more resin in the next few weeks but she’ll need some feed to do it.

So I fed her lightly last night about half strength, next two waterings I’m going to give molasses.... then let her run on straight RO.

Edited by OZZ (07/31/20 01:42 PM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26855580 - 07/31/20 01:45 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Here’s the responses from the breeder and OJD, Connoisseur Genetics. They commented in my grow log on another forum. When legends like this tell you she needs more time.... she’ll be getting more time! Haha

Edited by OZZ (07/31/20 01:46 PM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26858232 - 08/02/20 06:51 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

12 weeks on the dot, I fed her two days ago and she responded by fattening up and throwing out yet another wave of new pistils. I feel like I could just keep feeding her and she would keep flowering forever! Lol

She just keeps going and going, looking like maybe even 4 more weeks at this point :headbang:

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26905958 - 08/29/20 12:32 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

The queen has fallen! I chopped the KA5H down at 14 weeks. I still think it was a little early even, but I needed to take her down as we had a trip planned.

I am keeping a clone as I’m very impressed with her and want to run her again as I know I can do better next time. I’ll be prepared to let her go out to 110-120 days next time, she’s an extremely Haze leaning pheno so probably needs 16 weeks even.

She is currently in the jars curing.

Pics at chop time. You can see she still has many immature pistils, but underneath the reflowerings all those pistils are dried up and mature. Also plenty of amber trichomes on the older buds and plenty of clear to cloudy on the newer reflowering portions.

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

#26906795 - 08/29/20 10:12 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Not bad dude. For sure looks super hazy. That little led did pretty good huh? Maybe 1.5 Oz dried you think? How was the electric bill running that setup?

--------------------

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#26911057 - 08/31/20 11:52 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Is there any density to those colas? Looks like cotton candy.

Is that a 2x2' tent? I think you might actually have too much light lol. 50w/sq. ft. is enough, you must have over 100w/sq. ft. at full power, not counting those side bars. What are those? Been thinking about additional side lighting for my grow, those look well designed. https://www.growweedeasy.com/foxtails

Edited by Icon (09/01/20 12:05 AM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26913174 - 09/02/20 05:13 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks brother.... ended up with 106 grams, just shy of 4 Oz :smile:

I added some solstrips to the side brace bars for side lighting at mid flower. Had the driver running at 50 watts on those and I adjusted the SF1000 up to 110w, so total 160watts Of LED in a 2x2. Not bad at all and I think she could have went longer.

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: Icon]
    #26913246 - 09/02/20 06:50 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icon said:
Is there any density to those colas? Looks like cotton candy.

Yes it does! Isn’t it wonderful!?? :smile:

The buds now that they are dried (and curing) are whispy wonderfully incensey-resinous gems filled with little foxtails shooting off everywhere. Real haze goodness.

Hi Icon, hope all is well with you my friend.

It is a 2x2 tent, running at 40w sqft. This is almost a purely haze phenotype of the Killer A5 haze from ACE seeds. Neville’s A5 haze just came out of storage after 30 years being absent. The A5 haze is 10% northern lights/90% pure haze, then ACE crossed that to a 100% pure Sativa (Malawi). That makes the killer A5 haze very close to 100% Sativa with an extreme pure haze influence. This pheno in particular is extremely haze leaning.

Judging by the question, I’m assuming you haven’t encountered any pure haze before, my apologies of this is incorrect. Pure hazes and pure extreme tropical Sativa types in general are always whispy in their bud development.... but the smoke is ohhh so magical. Very top notch connoisseur smoke, very cerebral, energetic and psychedelic. Also, their trichomes are much smaller in development on average, but resin content can be wonderful.

Those who don’t understand this and try to make them grow dense by pushing nutes, just end up messing up the grow as these types are known to be finicky (in general differences of course exist and not all pure Sativas are like this) and do not like high nutrient levels. I should have given this pheno another two weeks to maybe even a month taking her around 16 - 18 weeks of flowering.

You will never see this type of bud in a dispensary and likely not on the street either, flowering takes too long and yields can be low, and bag appeal is not what most smokers inexperienced with these types would expect. So it’s not profitable when compared to indicas or modern day hybrids. I’m sure you are aware, but many modern day hybrids contain some haze in their lineage.... but the qualities that make Haze so amazing are nearly eliminated with even a small amount of Indica introduced. I got lucky with this pheno (or unlucky if you don’t like extreme long flowering types).

Im at work but I’ll attach some pics of pure hazes soon, from some of the better known haze and pure Sativa growers around the boards these days for comparison, so you can be assured they were grown beautifully. As you’ll see, these are also whispy, it’s normal for the line if not contaminated too much by Indica or modern day dispensary hybrid genetics.

They aren’t for everyone. Patience is a virtue, but among them you can find smoke unlike any other you’ve ever had if given the care they need to thrive. I have a clone of this girl and I will run this gal again, while she was grown mostly well...  there’s a few things I could have done better and I’d like to give her another shot grown to perfection (now that I know what she likes) and taken to at least 16 weeks (from clone). It’s not easy seeing these types through the long flowering period with their picky nature, but when completed it can be some of the finest cerebral smoke. Among these types you’ll find the most soaring highs, psychedelic as can be, highly energetic and with no heavy comedown or fatigue at the end. Some simply fade away leaving you just as you were before you partook. Very much unlike the narcotic and heavy body of indicas or modern day hybrids. Hope that helps.

Btw- the side lighting are solstrips... a google search should lead you directly to the site. These in particular are solstrip X2s at 3500k. :cool:

Edited by OZZ (09/02/20 06:55 AM)

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

#26913294 - 09/02/20 07:32 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Here are some pics from grower Mad Mac over at ICmag. He is undoubtedly one of the most accomplished haze growers, breeders around working with pure hazes and haze x exotic Sativa crosses.

His thread can be found here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=373359

Here are some of his pics:

Neville’s Haze x Original haze

Tom Hill Haze x original haze

Original haze x Lieu Hanh (Thai)

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#26913377 - 09/02/20 08:47 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

That's cool, I didn't know it was a genetic trait. I wish those pure sativas were more popular, but I agree 12+ weeks is not for most people including me. Thanks for the history.

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: Killer A5 Haze [Re: Icon]
    #26913532 - 09/02/20 10:49 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I think as legalization continues to spread we will see a resurgence of interest in the pure Sativas. For now they are very much a connoisseurs game.

:smile:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order