Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

Re: CrashTest PF Tek Grow [Re: CrashTest]
    #26831182 - 07/18/20 05:09 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I picked the cake up and placed it on an upside down mason jar lid for now, hopefully it will be ok, kinda tore off some myc that had coir attached.

Also got 2 more in a HC today

Also going to try to top fruit one jar

--------------------
:mushroom2: this account is automated, any posts related to activities or advice thereof are strictly opinions from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only - CrashTest2020:mushroom2:

Edited by CrashTest (07/18/20 10:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26831967 - 07/19/20 05:34 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Holy shit boys spotted my first couple of pins today

--------------------
:mushroom2: this account is automated, any posts related to activities or advice thereof are strictly opinions from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only - CrashTest2020:mushroom2:

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26834114 - 07/20/20 12:00 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I have pins!!!!! :smile:

And they are looking healthy asf

Any idea what’s going on with this other cake ? The myc is growing like crazy but no pins yet. Everything still smells great

--------------------

Edited by CrashTest (07/20/20 12:01 PM)

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26836319 - 07/21/20 03:19 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So I have 3 cakes in humidity chambers but only one is pinning and I’m not sure why

Ended up putting two cakes to fruit in the jar with a coir casing. The original plan was only to top fruit one jar, but noticed something suspect on one of the cakes in the HC so I put it in the jar to top fruit.

Any tips appreciated

--------------------

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26838475 - 07/22/20 02:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Got my IR thermometer today in the mail. I realized I’m probably keeping my room too cold because my closet has a hygrometer that reads 77*F, however with the IR I’m only getting around 70. Nothing has been calibrated so maybe I need to do that first.

But here we are the only cake in the HCs that has pinned so far

They are looking a bit fuzzy foot and also a couple of dusty caps and the really small ones look like they might abort. I attribute that to my over misting; I probably didn’t need to mist at all for this flush I don’t think I understood how the HC works until now.

The two I have in the jars have two tiny side pins. Hoping if I keep the tops moist they will come to the top  I just did this as an experiment because I wanted to see these grow out of the tops of these jars

Also if anyone can tell me what is happening with this cake that would be awesome. Is that myc on top of it ? It looks like myc and doesn’t smell bad

Here’s the best example from my 7/11 inoc of the APE jars, they’re all germinated and colonizing at this point but this one is the farthest along

At this point I have a far better understanding of this HC tek for BRF cakes however I think I’m going to end up shredding some BRF cakes to mix with coir and other ways to utilize BRF cakes if all 20 that are going right now have 0 contams. Which would surprise me but I’ve taken my sterile tek extremely seriously.

I think the big mushroom’s veil is going to break in 2 days or less I gotta get ready to print it so I can save it for when I can buy a PC

--------------------

Edited by CrashTest (07/22/20 02:32 PM)

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26840861 - 07/23/20 03:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Today:

Veil is now broken on the two biggest shrooms. Probably going to harvest and print them tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Seeing pinning inside the jars on my cakes that are top fruiting too. Hoping some will come thru the coir on the top.

--------------------

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26841090 - 07/23/20 05:05 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

18g wet, first cake

Gotta thank everyone who helped me get to this point especially Mateah for his HC tek

--------------------

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #26841257 - 07/23/20 06:31 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man, nice to see at least some fruits! If I hadn't been so busy lately I'd have been online several days ago to tell you tell mist less of to stop listing completely, from what I can see evaporation has slowed down too much constant too high humidity is no bueno. But I also know that cakes will recover instantly just as long as they're in the right environment. Do you still have cakes in the HC trying to pin?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleMateja

Re: CrashTest PF Tek Grow [Re: Mateja] * 1
    #26841277 - 07/23/20 06:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

This is how busy/lazy I've been lately lol nevertheless the point is I don't even mist these, I might still mist once every 3-4dYs but that's just cause it doesn't sit well with me I tuitively to NOT mist substrates even tho it's probably not needed with this method, this is just to give you some idea on how little misting is needed when you have an environment that's constantly very humid. Like I've said before the only thing you have to worry about with HC's is overmisting and not allowing enough evaporation (too low FAE rates).

These kind of pinsets are basically the normal for every substrate I put inside HC which I then neglect partially-mostly. As long as you're maintaining those micro droplets on the subs you will always get killer pinsets. I simply can't imagine not getting these pinsets nowadays and I can't really give myself credit as the 'maintainer' of these conditions cause they maintain themselves basically.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

Re: CrashTest PF Tek Grow [Re: Mateja]
    #26841283 - 07/23/20 06:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I do. I stopped misting except maybe 2 or 3 sprays a day and I usually just open them a few times a day. Probably going to stop for the most part. I didn’t understand fully how the HC & coir work together to alleviate the need for constant misting. I can tell by the caps and the fuzzy foot and the aborts that I over misted. I’m soaking that cake now for only 3 hours then it will go back into the HC and I’m not gonna mist it. Should I re roll it in verm ?

Thanks for all of your tips. Never expected to even get what I got so I’m excited to press on and I have a sleeve of 20 sterile dishes and my PC should be here within a couple of weeks.

I have 22 more jars going, 2 are almost 100% which I’m gonna shred to coir in bulk in either one of the 5L tubs or into a 2.75qt Tupperware container with coir and verm

Those look great btw. APE? I’ve got some jars of that going right now

--------------------

Edited by CrashTest (07/23/20 06:45 PM)

InvisibleMateja

#26841384 - 07/23/20 07:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrashTest said:
maybe 2 or 3 sprays a day

:frightening:  :ingodshands:

LOL that's 100% why you didn't get the results you were looking for, but fuck it, at least now you know positively what to do and how often not to mist :hatsoff:
And I honestly don't know yet what kind of variety is in the qt jars that I put in the HC time will tell but it's either AA, LGT or RW.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26841434 - 07/23/20 07:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

CrashTest said:
maybe 2 or 3 sprays a day

:frightening:  :ingodshands:

LOL that's 100% why you didn't get the results you were looking for, but fuck it, at least now you know positively what to do and how often not to mist :hatsoff:
And I honestly don't know yet what kind of variety is in the qt jars that I put in the HC time will tell but it's either AA, LGT or RW.

Hahaha yeah I was like why is it “drying out” and I’m not seeing the surface conditions I thought I needed to see, but what I didn’t realize at first about the HC is that it creates the surface condition with the lid closed and still provides enough FAE if you just leave it alone and no need to mist lol.

Definitely learned from that

The ones I’m trying to top fruit in the jars are pinning on the sides and bottom but not on the top  :facepalm3: Lol. I think it’s because the coir layer I added on top was too thick so the myc is colonizing it first

--------------------

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26845516 - 07/26/20 04:58 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Here’s an update. Both of my jars that are top fruiting have been pinning on the sides and bottoms for a couple of days and they finally popped up to say hi yesterday.

Then we have this guy who is definitely battling some bacterial contamination and losing.

And I have two cakes in another HC, one on its second flush and one on its first flush, both looking good and I’ve pretty much stopped misting except one spray a day if that, pinset is looking better on the first flush cake

I have two cakes that are almost ready and I’m gonna shred them to coir

--------------------

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26846638 - 07/26/20 07:19 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

About 15 hours later... a true clusterfuck

But they’re pinning and this gives me the confidence to start shoeboxes or monotubs knowing that if you have clean spawn your sub shouldn’t get contaminated. Those jars were a fun experiment and they’re looking healthy.

Here are 2 cakes in the HC, both pinning, one on its first flush, the other on its second flush. Pretty much stopped misting and I will fan them/flip the lid when I’m around, but with 99% RH in the tub, plus the quick evaporation characteristic of the coir, it’s pretty easy to set and forget.

Now this cake is all by itself because it looks weird af and it’s been like almost 2 weeks, def bacterial I think, honestly just waiting to see if it will pin

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

#26846845 - 07/26/20 08:52 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Starting to look better for the pinning cakes, and less promising for the snowball in the lower pic. You'll soon enough find the sweet spot when it comes to evaporation rates and pinsets and then it'll be the most neglectable thing ever that's always achieved anyway through minimal maintenence... :cheers:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26846880 - 07/26/20 09:03 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
and less promising for the snowball in the lower pic

Lol right, myc is fighting a battle and losing in that tub. Thank you again for your tek and all of your tips, much appreciated.

Shredding two brf cakes to coir/verm tomorrow.

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

Re: CrashTest PF Tek Grow [Re: CrashTest] * 1
    #26846897 - 07/26/20 09:15 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Enjoy cultivation :crazy2:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26847521 - 07/27/20 09:52 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks dude !

Just spawned my first shoebox with two half pint BRF cakes some coir and verm bucket tek to field capacity. Gave it a quick mist and shut the top and put it into “fruiting conditions.” For me right now there is no difference between colonization conditions/fruiting conditions; everything gets 12/12 light and 60-70*F, with RH in the room around 40%. May have to adjust my conditions when winter hits but for now it’s looking good

The pin sets on my other cakes are looking much better since I’ve stopped misting

--------------------

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26850027 - 07/28/20 02:20 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Harvested my second cake this morning before work:

17g wet

edit; I’ve stopped misting.

Slowly building my stash. Ate .3 dried yesterday and didn’t feel much but it could just be a combination of the amount of food I ate and my tolerance as I’ve been taking .3-.8g doses lately, more regularly.

This cake is on its second flush

My two top fruited jars were extremely successful, going to harvest one of these in a few hours after some more pics and after I let the rest of the veils break

And progress on my shoebox 1 day after spawning it

Overall happy with my progress so far, it was a bumpy start but I haven’t seen any mold or bacteria (touch wood) since I tossed my first few jars. Still have 20 more BRF jars going of APE/PE with no signs of bacteria/contaminations.

Looking forward to my PC arriving, already have everything I need to start agar and hopefully I will have some APE to clone, not really a fan of the B+

edit; 2 hours later I harvested everything. Just under 3oz wet and into the dehydro, that’s over 94g wet harvested today. Stoked

--------------------

Edited by CrashTest (07/28/20 04:02 PM)

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

#26861017 - 08/03/20 02:33 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

A little update here..

Cakes are still flushing, think they are on their third or fourth flush but they’re going to the garden soon. Averaging an oz wet per cake

I tossed this cake cuz it lost the battle, it was in a HC by itself

And here is the progress on my shoebox

So far it’s going well, I’ve got like 4 jars of ape that are almost 100% that I’m gonna shred to tiny monos by utilizing my 5L tubs with a 1:3 ratio 1/2 pint to 1.5pt of coir/verm

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract