Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
parting shots at Gaza
    #2683824 - 05/15/04 10:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The situation in Israel right now is that Ariel Sharon wants to pull all Israeli forces out of the Gaza strip but his party doesn't.  70% of the Israeli people want this as well.  They even had a big march in Tel Aviv about this yesterday.  It looks as though gradually they are reducing presence in Gaza but as they leave they keep demolishing Palestinian houses in that area with bulldozers and with helicopter missile attacks.
Why the hell would they do this?  To me it's pretty blatant they are just trying to get a few more good cheap shots in before they leave.  All they're doing is pissing off the Palis and the other arabs even further.  The UN condemns this shit but nothing happens, Israel doesn't get punished by anyone with authority. 
Here's to the Israelis good gestures before beginning peace negotiations.      :flowerchild:

Gaza residents fear further attacks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: parting shots at Gaza [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2685193 - 05/16/04 03:36 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

What they are doing is trying to destroy as much of Hamas and Islamic Jihad as possilbe before leaving. They don't want the terrorist groups overtaking the Palestinian authority and turning Gaza into an even more dangerous terrorist area. Israel is a tiny country, about 100 north to south, 10-20 miles wide. Because Gaza and the West Bank are so close to Israel and major cities, Israel does not want militants camped out there ready to strike them.
It makes plenty of sense that they attempt to clean up the place before handing over power. If the UN wants to see more terrorism they send their checks to the Al Aksa martyrs brigade and bitch about a 'peace process' that only seems to matter right before Israel retialites against terrorists. Those guys are out of their minds.
The problem here is the presumption that the Intifada was all about 'ending the occupation'. The Palestinians had already been given control of almost all territories and offered their own state with 95% of everything they wanted and rejected it. Israel didn't invaded Gaza and the West Bank until AFTER the terrorist attacks restarted. The facts are that Arafat has stated clearly in Arabic that his goals are to completely destroy Israel. Those goals are in the charters of every Palestinian militant group. It has nothing to do with 'occupation'. Therefore giving them territory is not going to solve to the problem. It can alleviate the situation, but only if the Palestian land is not run by terrorists.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: parting shots at Gaza [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2695884 - 05/18/04 02:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Why does this keep going on and on? Day after day Israelis are tearing down more homes and killing more innocent men AND women AND children.
If you were surviving in a 3rd world hellhole like Gaza and some army troops were coming through your town with bulldozers for your house, your neighbor's house, everything you have, would you be holding out flowers? No, you'd get your rifle and defend your home. That's all 90% of these gunmen are but it's not just the gunmen who are dying. Israel is making terrorists in Palestine. There is no justification for what they keep doing.

today's demolitions

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: parting shots at Gaza [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2696803 - 05/18/04 04:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I bet most people wouldn't give a shit if the Arabs were occupying Israel.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: parting shots at Gaza [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2700071 - 05/19/04 08:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What they are doing is trying to destroy as much of Hamas and Islamic Jihad as possilbe before leaving.

They have destroyed hundreds of homes, killed women, children and other innocents. They are basically scum. Just as the suicide bombers are scum. The thing is this is being carried out by a supposedly civillised country who have the full support of the most powerful nation on earth.

What they are basically achieving is to make sure that Hamas have fertile ground from which to recruit the next generation of terrorists. They are leaving people without homes and family...what does a desperate man do?

How you so easily excuse this kind of barbarity is beyond me.

Quote:

that only seems to matter right before Israel retialites against terrorists. Those guys are out of their minds.

Retaliates? Perhaps you should pay more attention to reality. During the current intifada Israel have killed far more people, they have destroyed far more homes and livelihoods, they have been the ones to break recent ceasefires. Why shouldnt the Palestinians retaliate as you obviously think the Israeli's have a right?

Basically anyone supporting violence from either side is a fool.

Quote:

The Palestinians had already been given control of almost all territories and offered their own state with 95% of everything they wanted and rejected it.

How many times do I have to correct you on this? can you not read and retain information? The Israeli's offered to give back 95% of the land they stole in 1967. They offered none of the land that was stolen by Israel between the creation of Israel in 1948 and the war of 1967. Dont you see that you have been told by Pro-Israel sources that the deal was great and the Arabs should have accepted it? That was definitely not the consensus of opinion amongst the arabs themselves. Arafat did not make the decision against the will of his people, he acted in compliance with their will.

Quote:

but only if the Palestian land is not run by terrorists.

It will need the land of Israel to be run by true people of peace as well. Not people like Sharon.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion