Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: rider420]
    #26838005 - 07/22/20 10:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone needing 7 grams of mushrooms to attain a “hero’s dose” is growing some very weak and shitty mushrooms. No worries, I can help you step your game up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26838013 - 07/22/20 11:01 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Anyone needing 7 grams of mushrooms to attain a “hero’s dose” is growing some very weak and shitty mushrooms. No worries, I can help you step your game up.

Sure buddy lets shroom together and see how "shitty" my shrooms are. Don't worry I will leave you to take your two grams limit. Pantywaist.

Male User Gallery

Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: rider420]
    #26838032 - 07/22/20 11:08 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I bow to your superior intellect. You are obviously enlightened.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #26839064 - 07/22/20 07:03 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You are both making fools of yourselves, you sound like a couple of immature teenagers. But at least pasty was smart enough to see that and bow out.

----

While I can agree that both parties suck, to say they are not "any different" is absolutely insane.

Male User Gallery

Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26839395 - 07/22/20 10:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

They both appear in roughly the same spot in the same quadrant on the political compass. I see no meaningful difference between them :shrug:

OfflineFlapJackStack
The Cubist
Male
Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #26839767 - 07/23/20 03:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
They both appear in roughly the same spot in the same quadrant on the political compass. I see no meaningful difference between them :shrug:

Somebody who actually has some sense. Democracy is a farce. Lets think for a moment about who really has power. The election system alone is very telling. Everyone is free to have their voices heard and be represented right? well then why was the choice between corporatization under Trudeau, or a return to mandatory minimum sentencing under Harper?
And dont anyone chime in and tell me I could have voted for the green party, or NDP or any other nonesense party.

Money wins elections, not votes. Some people cant get away from their jobs or their lives to get to a polling booth and even if they could what the fuck difference does it make?

Freedom is not granted by a governing body. Freedom is not asking "can I have some freedom? is it my turn?" freedom is having the power to choose.
Legalization is a joke. The idea that there is a bad market and a good market is a joke. Which drug dealers are the ones supporting terrorism really? The guy growing in his basement to try and make ends meet and provide himself with meds? Or the ones who want to put him in jail for 14 years if he grows more than what he is legally allowed to.

The sentencing now is potentially harsher for people who run afoul of the laws regarding legalized cannabis, than it was when there was no "legitimized" market.The message is clear "sure you can smoke weed, just as long as we profit off of it"

Something interesting to note is how cannabis and mushrooms are both products of the earth. As human beings we are stewards of this planet. As beings capable of recognizing and knowing ourselves and the universe, it is our duty to push life to the highest possible standards. What standards are there for cannabis in a capitalist society? The only good cannabis to a capitalist is the cannabis of consumption. It must grow as quickly as possible, be as stupefying as possible, it must be marketed as a product to be consumed en masse, rather than a product meant to uplift or enlighten.

The hemp plant is the cannabis plant. Selective breeding, whether by the hands of man or through a natural model like darwinian evolution, is what has given us a textile crop and a drug crop. What other possibilities are there to be bred out of the cannabis plant? What other gifts might it give us if we had the ears to listen or the eyes to see? The capitalist sees a drug crop that can yield massive profits. These eyes are not blind to the suffering brought about by their practices, these eyes recognize that suffering to be integral

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26843109 - 07/24/20 05:21 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

No, they don't. The right has been actively trying to destroy the administrative state and in the doing so rob us of our democracy. For decades they've been trying bankrupt the government in order to force spending cuts that would otherwise not be politically feasible. They'd like to return to the economic and regulatory policies of the 1920's. They want to completely do away with the social safety net, worker protections, and the right to unionize. They believe corporations should be the most powerful entities in the world.

I mean, without even getting into the specifics or idealic characteristics, the right believes in supply side economics the left in Keynesian. I don't know how you can possibly say they are on the same positions on the quadrant, there's a reason they are called the right/left, there's a reason why bipartisanship is dead, there's a reason why voters are more divided and partisan than ever before. The differences between each side of the aisle are so stark and self-evident that to suggest otherwise borders on absurd.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26843237 - 07/24/20 06:12 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

As a Canadian working in America I would say you have have 2 right wing parties and the illusion of choice. True liberal policies adopted universally in the rest of the world aren't even discussed here. Things like federally paid maternity leave, medicare for all being an 'extreme leftist policy', Right to work states, minimum vesting period for employee 401k, and campaign finance laws. These are the low hanging fruit that drive inequity in a society, but they aren't discussed and instead you rehash the same Guns, Abortions, immigration conversations and this year you're gunna throw facemasks in with it. The media is playing you for fools and getting your riled up on the wrong issues.

I never saw a hospital with a fountain or water feature before I came to work in the USA, but there are two of them in a 10 minute drive on the way to site.

Eat the rich. Kill them all and rebuild.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Male User Gallery

#26843255 - 07/24/20 06:20 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Okay man, I’m not going to be able to convince you of anything. You’re so used to seeing the world on your little scale you can’t imagine any possibility outside of it.

This is a reasonable graphic IMO. Although I disagree with their position of the NDP. Those guys are much closer to center.

OfflineGH19971
Psychonaut
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #26854219 - 07/30/20 06:57 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Take your anti-Semitic talking points elsewhere. It's completely fine to criticize a state or its policies but when you recycle medieval propaganda used to justify the persecution and murder of millions, you've crossed a line held by all decent people. In any case, if your inane conspiracy theory were true, the US wouldn't have forced Israel to abide by its wishes in the Suez Crisis, UN Security Council Resolution 681 (condemning the deportation of Palestinians from the Occupied Territories), the Israeli bombing of Lebanon in 1982, etc.

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Re: 4 dying Canadians wait to hear if they'll be allowed to try magic mushrooms for their anguish [Re: GH19971]
    #26868413 - 08/07/20 01:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

It's been about three months since four dying Canadians filed applications with the federal government asking for the right to try magic mushrooms to treat the psychological distress that comes with facing the end of their lives

Filed an application to ask permission, lol. Very Canadian indeed.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract