Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland
Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists?
    #26835771 - 07/21/20 09:49 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

"Terrorism (Noun):

1. The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2. The state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
3. Terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government."

Let's focus on #1 and #3.

We essentially have two opposing forces and MOST of America is going to agree that at least one of these two organizations, (if not both), are terrorists: Antifa/Rioters and Police/Government.

So, who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL terrorists?

I lean toward all of them, but I'll take the boys in blue over any other group.

Hypothetically, the result of Antifa having all the power right now would mean an immediate return to a caste system with black people at the very top and white people at the very bottom. The sins of the fathers would be heaped on the heads of the sons and we'd likely see executions in the street. We'd look like Venezuela in 6 months. That power is unbridled, unchecked, and ironically completely fascist and racist. (All the things they claim to hate.)

This is, hypothetically of course, assuming China doesn't nut so hard over far leftists after they finish sucking its dick that it claims us as their own.

Cops and government fuck up, but no cops just means drug lords rise as the terrorist/boss of any given territory anyway, and I promise you they aint as civil as cops.

--------------------

Edited by Vahn421 (07/21/20 09:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 13
    #26835813 - 07/21/20 10:33 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hypothetically, the result of Antifa having all the power right now would mean an immediate return to a caste system with black people at the very top and white people at the very bottom. The sins of the fathers would be heaped on the heads of the sons and we'd likely see executions in the street. We'd look like Venezuela in 6 months. That power is unbridled, unchecked, and ironically completely fascist and racist. (All the things they claim to hate.)

:hahthatsrich:

The pants-wetting by far-right extremists over these protests gets more hilarious by the day.  Imagine building this world inside your head and then living in it 24/7.  I guess when one is an authoritarian POS, it's easy to imagine that everyone else is equally depraved.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: ballsalsa] * 6
    #26835818 - 07/21/20 10:34 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

^ This guy is a MOD?

--------------------

Edited by Vahn421 (07/21/20 10:34 AM)

Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 6
    #26835822 - 07/21/20 10:39 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Cry harder

--------------------

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: ballsalsa] * 2
    #26835842 - 07/21/20 10:48 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Duly noted that being able to debate has no relevance whatsoever on becoming a mod.

Whose dick did you suck to get the position?

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 4
    #26835860 - 07/21/20 10:54 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I hand picked Balls for the job because he has proven himself to be exceptionally capable.  So far, you've proven yourself to be little more than a collection of bumper stickers and slogans.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 2
    #26835873 - 07/21/20 10:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vahn421 said:
Duly noted that being able to debate has no relevance whatsoever on becoming a mod.

Were we debating?  I thought we were laughing at an outlandish assertion you had made.

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 3
    #26835886 - 07/21/20 11:08 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hypothetically, the result of Antifa having all the power right now would mean an immediate return to a caste system with black people at the very top and white people at the very bottom. The sins of the fathers would be heaped on the heads of the sons and we'd likely see executions in the street. We'd look like Venezuela in 6 months.

You need to stop hitting that Alex Jones pipe dude .

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 5
    #26835888 - 07/21/20 11:09 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Your hypothetical regarding Antifa™ is completely made up - it's a fictional story. Why would we waste our time attempting to seriously deconstruct a scary ghost story? You provided exactly zero supporting evidence to your assumptions. You need to provide a supported argument if you want people to seriously engage with your posts here.

I'll just evaluate this one sentence for now:
"Cops and government fuck up, but no cops just means drug lords rise as the terrorist/boss of any given territory anyway, and I promise you they aint as civil as cops."

If 'no cops = drug lords rise', explain how prohibition - and an increase in police and goverment power - led to the rise of gangsters like Al Capone and a serious increase in violence. It would appear to me that the equation is not so simple - in some cases, increased levels of police powers can be associated with higher crime.

Most episodes of mass atrocities over the course of history have been perpetrated by states, not by non-state actors. This is what backing the blue gets you: Leaked Documents Show Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were the Real Threat at Protests, Not “Antifa” - cops ignoring or directly cooperating with right-wing extremists literally committing terroristic killings, in order to focus on the threat of left-wing protesters guilty of property destruction.

"Terrorism" is a political term, and not the most useful qualifier - but if I'm forced to apply the label, clearly police fit the description much better than left-wing protesters.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421]
    #26835911 - 07/21/20 11:24 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vahn421 said:

You've shown great debating skills here.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26836016 - 07/21/20 12:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Man these new ones making zappaisgod look like William F Buckley

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: The Ecstatic] * 2
    #26836030 - 07/21/20 12:38 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What happens to drug lords/gangs when there's no drug prohibition?  So The Elite fund law enforcement and the criminal justice system to enforce the unjust drug laws which creates the existing violent drug gangs.

And now I should want those very same police to protect me from the chaos they created in the first place. :rolleyes:

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: qman] * 1
    #26836104 - 07/21/20 01:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

What happens to drug lords/gangs when there's no drug prohibition?

You're welcome to go to any third world country where drug arrests a rarely if even enforced and see for yourself.

The status of the criminality of drugs doesn't matter when lawlessness reigns. Drug lords still come out on top. I'm not making a moral argument, I'm stating this matter-of-fact. Anything that isn't a drug lord is an organized community with "law" enforcement. You have leaders in power who play by rules and those who don't, that's pretty much it.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421]
    #26836110 - 07/21/20 01:31 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You love false dichotomies.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 2
    #26836114 - 07/21/20 01:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Your hypothetical regarding Antifa™ is completely made up - it's a fictional story. Why would we waste our time attempting to seriously deconstruct a scary ghost story? You provided exactly zero supporting evidence to your assumptions. You need to provide a supported argument if you want people to seriously engage with your posts here.

I'll just evaluate this one sentence for now:
"Cops and government fuck up, but no cops just means drug lords rise as the terrorist/boss of any given territory anyway, and I promise you they aint as civil as cops."

If 'no cops = drug lords rise', explain how prohibition - and an increase in police and goverment power - led to the rise of gangsters like Al Capone and a serious increase in violence. It would appear to me that the equation is not so simple - in some cases, increased levels of police powers can be associated with higher crime.

Most episodes of mass atrocities over the course of history have been perpetrated by states, not by non-state actors. This is what backing the blue gets you: Leaked Documents Show Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were the Real Threat at Protests, Not “Antifa” - cops ignoring or directly cooperating with right-wing extremists literally committing terroristic killings, in order to focus on the threat of left-wing protesters guilty of property destruction.

"Terrorism" is a political term, and not the most useful qualifier - but if I'm forced to apply the label, clearly police fit the description much better than left-wing protesters.

Asking why some drug lords manage to run an operation with law enforcement present is like asking why murder still exists with law enforcement present, or why theft or rape still exists with law enforcement present.

Because it does. Because it's not going anywhere. Because no amount of rules is going to make the shitty segment of society magically disappear. It exists. It will always exist.

No cops = rise of all kinds of crime and consolidation of power among crime bosses. The most powerful crime bosses almost without exception are drug lords. :shrug:

Quote:

Your hypothetical regarding Antifa™ is completely made up - it's a fictional story. Why would we waste our time attempting to seriously deconstruct a scary ghost story?

Infiltrators who have released videos of the things Antifa leadership have proclaimed as their goals would empirically disagree with you.

Considering how much of an insider you claim to be, I'm still trying to figure out if you're just THAT blind or actually Satan incarnate, Shiva.

--------------------

Edited by Vahn421 (07/21/20 01:35 PM)

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 1
    #26836128 - 07/21/20 01:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vahn421 said:
Infiltrators who have released videos of the things Antifa leadership have proclaimed as their goals would empirically disagree with you.

Oh please do tell me who Antifa leadership is. I've been looking for them.

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Kryptos]
    #26836133 - 07/21/20 01:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Vahn421 said:

Oh please do tell me who Antifa leadership is. I've been looking for them.

Let's not buy into Antifa's bullshit tripe about having "no leaders." There are leaders and followers, planners and participaters.

With anonymous leadership, it's only THAT much easier for people with insidious agendas to infiltrate it. This is the human condition 101.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 2
    #26836138 - 07/21/20 01:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You're just making shit up,  dude.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Vahn421] * 1
    #26836140 - 07/21/20 01:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Soo... you're spewing more bullshit backed up by absolutely no facts.

I feel stupid for expecting anything more.

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Who are the real terrorists? Or are they ALL just terrorists? [Re: Kryptos]
    #26836149 - 07/21/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm beginning to recognize that people that aren't well versed in emotional intelligence, rationalism, psychology, philosophy and history really don't have anything useful to contribute to these discussions. Political knowledge alone seems to not be enough. In fact, if you're not armed with all of the other tools, what we get is people saying that there isn't enough evidence for the fuckin' obvious.

Fascinating.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom