Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms * 1
    #26831263 - 07/18/20 05:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

In 2019, Blei et al. announced that they had isolated new compounds from four species of magic mushrooms, including Psilocybe cubensis.1 Of course, the better-known compounds like psilocybin, psilocin, and baeocystin were present in the mushrooms, but also were some compounds called beta carbolines (ß-carbolines). This groundbreaking discovery has changed the magic mushroom paradigm for psychedelic researchers.

Get to Know the Beta Carbolines – Newcomers to the Science of Magic Mushrooms

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #26831407 - 07/18/20 07:27 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:highfive:

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #26831787 - 07/19/20 01:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, so if these are at high enough levels then they probably shape the experience a lot.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: breeg89]
    #26832125 - 07/19/20 08:17 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

From a diff article on the same thing:

Quote:

While the occurrence of these compounds in these fungal species is interesting, concentrations of the beta-carboline compounds were very low, at less than 2 micrograms per gram of P. mexicana mycelium

The mushrooms of P. cubensis contained 100 fold less concentration than the P. mexicana mycelium. In other words, 100,000th of the usual beta-carboline dose, meaning the presence of these compounds is unlikely to impart an effect on the mushroom experience.

So really, cubes have negligible amounts, but wood lovers contain just micrograms of maoi

But really even the woodlovers, 2ug? I doubt it would do anything. However I’m sure there is some* entourage effect due to some other chems.

Though I mean, things like synth psilo def don’t seem to be missing much compared to mushrooms as far as the psychedelic experience goes. I bet there are undiscovered antidepressants though

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (07/19/20 08:31 AM)

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: Fractal420]
    #26832370 - 07/19/20 11:27 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Quote:

While the occurrence of these compounds in these fungal species is interesting, concentrations of the beta-carboline compounds were very low, at less than 2 micrograms per gram of P. mexicana mycelium

The mushrooms of P. cubensis contained 100 fold less concentration than the P. mexicana mycelium. In other words, 100,000th of the usual beta-carboline dose, meaning the presence of these compounds is unlikely to impart an effect on the mushroom experience.

So really, cubes have negligible amounts, but wood lovers contain just micrograms of maoi

But really even the woodlovers, 2ug? I doubt it would do anything. However I’m sure there is some* entourage effect due to some other chems.

Though I mean, things like synth psilo def don’t seem to be missing much compared to mushrooms as far as the psychedelic experience goes. I bet there are undiscovered antidepressants though

Synthetic psilocybin is vastly different in effects to mushrooms, fresh mushrooms are much more intense. I've taken 50g of fresh mushrooms and 50mg of psilocybin and the mushrooms were a much fuller effect.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: sk8fast]
    #26832705 - 07/19/20 03:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It's hard to know if that was truly an equipotent dose. I'm sure there are some differences in the experience due to pharmacokinetics and the fact that mushrooms contain psilocybin, psilocyn, baeocystin, and norbaeocystin. Can't say I have ever ingested pure psilocin, let alone psilocybin...but 4-aco-dmt is remarkably similar to shrooms, and at high dosages can be just as intense as any mushroom experience I've had.

OfflinePliny_the_Elder
Stranger

Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26832765 - 07/19/20 03:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

From the article:
"ß-carbolines are known to play a role in the development of essential tremor (uncontrolled shaking) and have been implicated in Parkinson’s disease.5 "

Could this explain the uncontrollable shakes people report when eating p. azurescens?

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
    #26833230 - 07/19/20 08:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Quote:

Very good info. THanks for posting that to answer my question about the beta-carbolines potentially shaping the experience.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: sk8fast]
    #26833543 - 07/20/20 03:02 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sk8fast said:
Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Quote:

Synthetic psilocybin is vastly different in effects to mushrooms, fresh mushrooms are much more intense. I've taken 50g of fresh mushrooms and 50mg of psilocybin and the mushrooms were a much fuller effect.

That’s your experience. I found synth psilo to be very intense. But it’s not even about intensity, it had all the major components of a mushroom trip. Although when you say “synthetic psilocybin” are you referring to 4aco or what

But, fresh mushrooms? Sure those are very strong usually. Still what 2 nanograms of beta carbolines? And that’s in the myc.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinemescalinechemist
 User Gallery

#26833548 - 07/20/20 03:09 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Perhaps irrelevant to the mushroom angle, but I have heard that tobacco contains Beta Carbolines and this may enhance the addictive nature of tobacco over straight nicotine.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: mescalinechemist]
    #26833625 - 07/20/20 04:36 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

If tobacco has beta carbs I’ve mixed them with other stuff so many times (and I’m sure I’m not alone here)

But yeah i am sure mushrooms do contain some other chems, but with such a minute amount of maoi I don’t think it would be even close to noticeable (in mushrooms)

I really wonder now about how much is in cigs if that’s true

As for synthetic psilo (or very close analogs) compared to mushroom experience say with tea, I’d say with equal dosage it’s really not That different. If anything maybe mushies are a little less intense and forgiving. Nothing forgiving about 30mg Homet or aco

The main difference I would say about *aco* vs mushies is its less predictable. That said when your trip is awesome I’d say it’s very similar to natural psilo.

Just those potent analogs tend to hit harder than tea does etc, but if you lemon Tek 5g that’s intense too

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26833656 - 07/20/20 05:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

There's a good bit of research that suggests cigarettes are more addictive than nicotine alone because of maoi activity. And I suspect thats why many smokers, myself included, have a hard time or take a while to fully transition from cigs to vaping no matter how high you go on the nic. It just doesn't quite scratch that itch, though there are full spectrum extracts out there, and I've tried them and they do satiate the urge to smoke better they are more expensive, especially compared to making your own juice.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
    #26834008 - 07/20/20 10:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

There is indeed research that shows nicotine is as addictive as caffeine. Which is a decent amount. But the cigarettes are vastly more addictive.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26835769 - 07/21/20 09:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I would assume nicotine is more addictive than caff.. BUT caffeine is low key Very damn addictive too. This can be just your morning coffee, needing to just “have the taste” (bullshit excuse but it feels genuine) esp If you pour tons of sugar and/milk (like me..sometimes I’ll even use condensed milk :smile: ).

But here’s a much more serious example. Say you have migraines and you just use OTC shit and Excedrine is good for migraines. Thing is every pill has like 65mg of caff...just enough for a little “bump”. So say you’re taking 2 of them, most days, you get a little caffeine buzz with your excedrine and you end up associating it and maybe even taking more excedrine over time.

There is also such a thing as overuse headache cycle so you just keep treating it with caffeine microdoses and apap, I think these combo medicines are kind of evil

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineFailboat
Fuck Up
    #26837432 - 07/22/20 01:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What if you had fancy equipment, funding, and determination with intent to breed or engineer a strain to produce high levels of ß-carbolines? Super strain!
:breakthrough:

I quit cigarettes. Only used a vape for a week. Blunts were up to 10x a day for a few months at the time. Cut that to like 0. But dabbed. These days my oil is actually clean and I've come to enjoy cigars. I drink bottled water and don't use powders, evian is cheaper than any other habit I've had. I grew poppy, but only actually have collected seed, not opium. My herb doesn't make me cough, but papers do. Tobacco doesn't make me sick unless I smoke a potent fatty too quick and actually get buzzed on an empty stomach. Nicotine high is meh. I almost don't drink at all anymore. Caffiene however, especially diet sodax is a bitch. Everywhere you turn, there's some more and almost always with sugar or sweeteners. That combo is terrible for you. I try to stick to Mexican cocacola for soda. Gotta try that cocacolla they make in Bolivia. Oh yeah, icey rocks, way up there on addiction potential. Drugs are bad, mkay. It's kind of sad how street fentanyl makes herion look safe.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: Failboat]
    #26837636 - 07/22/20 07:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Or you could just take some syrian rue with your dose(read: do not do this unless fully educated and prepared to lose your mind).

Yeah, sugar addiction is real...and it's made all that much worse by the fact that it begins in early childhood, with parents giving kids tons of sugar as a solution for everything, like its a parenting panacea. Ranging from less fuss when feeding, to using it as a reward, or just the parents who don't regulate their kids diet at all.

And I think its made worse by artificial sweeteners, that are generally FAR more powerful sweeteners, its like substituting fentanyl for heroin. So even if you are able to reduce your caloric load, you are all the more addicted to sugar and sweets in the long run and never able to master impulse control when it comes to food.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#26845467 - 07/26/20 03:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You can get addicted to caffeine pills. Truly and hopelessly addicted,

Or anything else really

But yeah get used to like 60mg every time you’re drowsy or we, it becomes very hard to stop habits that are sort of Pavlovian

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Beta Carbolines discovered in Magic Mushrooms [Re: Failboat]
    #26845528 - 07/26/20 05:30 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Why do you drink bottled water?

Offlinesk8fast
Tripping skater
 User Gallery

#26846129 - 07/26/20 01:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
Why do you drink bottled water?

For the high of the dihydrogen monoxide

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate