Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTotodile386
Foreigner, Vegan, Pesticide-Free
Female User Gallery

Loc: Oregon Flag
The First Church Of Shroomery * 1
    #26828701 - 07/17/20 10:55 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Good Day.

Grace, mercy, and peace in the Name of Yahweh, the Creator of all, the Savior and Lord Jesus, and the holy spirit. A church gives its tidings.

It doesn't appear there were any thread like this one before, so let this be the first! :rasta:

What can we do?
  • Discuss anything Scripture, God, Angels, Ecclesia, or church-related.
  • Find and express good faith, freely, among each other, free from inflammation or oppressive doubt.

I intend to keep this thread more basic, not like a debate thread, though I'm considering making a "Debate With The Church" thread for any interested.

Please avoid discussion of transgressions, especially of others browsing Shroomery, as this is likely meaningless. Oh, and inb4 some disgruntled troll sends in agents to masquerade as of faith, yet inwardly is ravenous.

(In advance, just in case of any inflammatory comments, please ignore them, or if you are compelled, take further discussion into a debate thread or P.M..
As Jesus said: "Let your communication be, "Yea, yea," or "Nay, nay," for whatsoever is excessive than these comes of badness.")

Regardless, in case the First Church Of Shroomery needs any ice-breaker, I found this:

https://randomwordgenerator.com/bible.php

It's a random Bible-verse machine.
I wouldn't consider it divination, given nobody is using it as a diviner.

Who am I?

Well, I remember seeing church when I very young, but family quit going. I remember being frustrated about Christianity as a young one, because I didn't know Elohim (God).

I was always a tangy, metallic, and silent person, yet undoubtedly faithful in my heart, playful, compassionate, and desiring intelligence, not to mention nutty.

My early school years were at first difficult, but after a while, I generally had a few decent friends, and got by in class. I was considered intellectually gifted despite exhibiting A.D.H.D. and Asperger's.

Only from high school to late college (not the end of college) was I a model student.

With friends, prior to high school, discussion of religion was rare, and fragmentary at best. Yet in high school, I was a convicted heathen, and my friends knew it.

As for substances, a modest part of me was fascinated about psychedelia from childhood, yet I didn't try a weed brownie (reluctantly) until late high school, and didn't realize the joy of weed and substances until college. This doesn't count the Adderall that I've had for 30% of the school years since childhood.

Prior to the end of college, my whole life was very . . . rectangular is the word I would use, if that makes sense.

My friends and I would engage in moderate-to-heavy weed smoking every week to every month, eating and drinking, committing heathen revelries and laughing. Psychedelics hardly came in until later, although since studying them, I was already in love with the idea.

But a few unusual psychedelic trips later, all my old friends grew out and began to go separate ways, and I couldn't find any new ones, so I was all alone, save for some scant online stuff with foreigners, which also later died out to me.

Things started seeming south for me. I began to experience hallucinations outside of drug trips -- not like a "rectangular" distortion as I would have before, but actually seeing signs, which were alien to me, and hearing people and voices that apparently evidently were not there in reality.

At the end of college, I was inspired by intellectuals, mainly about things in east Asia (I am half Chinese), but also about drug policy, and the way society works, so I started a spirit journey.

My life went from very "rectangular" :rocket: to much more "radial" :mushroom2:, as I would put it.

I spent my off-time then trying to sell drugs and find fellow tokers, which just dropped off rather disastrously (I'll spare you the details). Later, I would just spend off-time listening to nostaligic music, generally getting blazed, and meditating with my consciousness.

My academic performance dropped off, causing me to change my major from engineering to a basic degree, but that's okay.

I had a lot of "quack theories" and crazy intellectual trips I wanted to share, but nowhere I really felt to share it.

After one faithful spirit journey about the world, I saw God appear to me while I was laying down in my bed at night.

My first vision of God looked like a some tripped out "Iridion-3D", all gold and just a radial fractal representing life, on the hallway way on account of the light down the hall.
This could hardly have come at a better time, as my spirit and my mind was radically worn out from stressing out about the world all day, getting nothing else done. -- I needed a real savior, I was beyond exasperated, and God showed Oneself to me, a then-life-long, vocal skeptic!

Over the next 2 years, I would have distressing visions of daevils, confusing visions of pagan acts, and all the while, in my mind, I was accommodating for sin, yet I was not fully aware of it.

God, Yahweh appeared to me when I sat down at my desk, after a DMT analogue trip at the park at night in which I saw and heard visions of Death. God showed Oneself in a cloud of what I could only call "metaphysical gears in the wall", and as I wondered about God, not knowing God, God said to me, "Yes, I know everything."

I can't tell you the whole story here, but over 1 year, I quickly became an outspoken and devout, God-loving Christian, and interested in serving Elohim like unto a Seraph. I use interlinear Bibles and picked up a little bit on Hebrew.

Right now, as to the world, I'm about going green/ecologically-friendly, realizing the "Jesus economy" based more on love than money, and supporting positive cooperation between some churches of the peoples.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Totodile386]
    #26829346 - 07/17/20 04:11 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi! :wave:

Sorry I don't read the bible so can't discuss much about it.  I think there's good stuff in it but too much has been edited/taken out by folks with motives.  I like the scripture in a Course in Miracles.  Ever checked that out?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineTotodile386
Female User Gallery

Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Forrester]
    #26830133 - 07/18/20 03:34 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You can get an interlinear Bible and it's as close to the original Scripts as you can get. Well, the New Teataments are always in Greek, but if you've read enough interlinear Hebrew, you'll see the Greek is as close to the Hebrew as it can get.

I don't know what "course in miracles" is. Care to elaborate?

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

#26830143 - 07/18/20 03:50 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

the Course teaches non-dualism in it's purest form, without going into events that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago.  Christian mysticism you could call it, although I hesitate to call it Christian (Christ wasn't christian) - it does refer to God, Christ, and the holy spirit an awful lot :wink:  Basically, it is a course teaching how to liberate yourself from suffering - kinda like buddhism, but using Christian terms more familiar to the west.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineTotodile386
Female User Gallery

#26830603 - 07/18/20 11:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, but that stuff sure isn't for me.

Edited by Totodile386 (07/18/20 11:25 AM)

InvisibleHunter hunter
See er
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pickin yer patch
Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Totodile386] * 1
    #26831196 - 07/18/20 05:19 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You should really look into Satan worship.  I’m not into it but they have pretty good values. Definitely more wholesome and loving than any church group off shoot based on Christian belief. 

I can send you a link.  They definitely have done less damage through war, genocide, pure hate compared to Christianity.  Look at who has conquered the world through war in all of history.  It’s different versions of Christian faith.  The satan worshippers Look to help humanity through love and caring devotion.  As opposed to a faith that covers up and encourages pedophilia.  they offer safe true love for fellow human beings.  Christians fucking come through destroy a people and their religion all through out history, and continue today.  Then they act like they are so loving, caring and looking to help fellow humans.  Lol. Not true.  Show me a satanic group in history who has done any of that.

You are a false prophet and are simply doing your best to continue spreading hate and destruction in the world.  Given the chance Christians will move on to another planet create war just to spread the word of “their” one true god.  AND they are so self centered they won’t even admit their is a slight possibility of sentient life within all of the cosmos.  A very close minded hypocritical hateful people.

Edit:

Now I don’t believe in following a religion, or non religion..  whatever.  But just looking at how these crazies on what ever side there is it all looks like fanatical bullshit.  So I’m just gonna be me and live a life as close to nature’s laws as possible.  Whatever those are idk..  but I’m not gonna come in and say you shouldn’t be god loving, fearing whatever.  But you went into asantes weird thread and came off like another bible toting lunatic so figured I could do the same.  Here is a link.  You should read it.  And burn your bible.

https://www.churchofsatan.com/?amp

--------------------

Eat the meat that’s at your feet.

Edited by Hunter hunter (07/18/20 05:29 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Hunter hunter]
    #26831260 - 07/18/20 05:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleHunter hunter
See er
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pickin yer patch
Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Asante]
    #26831297 - 07/18/20 06:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Asante.  I got booted from the pub for awhile.  Been reading your thread.  Always enjoy your viewpoint spiritual things.  Always from the heart, loving and caring....

I’d ask:  Am I helping my friends and family enough, too much?  Can I take time off for myself and not feel guilty.  Or maybe why do I feel guilt about the lack of time and energy needed to do all these projects for everyone when I don’t have the time and energy for my life and projects.  I just want a guilt free break.

Edit:  not trying to derail this thread.  So I ask this question to both sides.  The true spiritual side and the man made factory production side of god.

--------------------

Eat the meat that’s at your feet.

Edited by Hunter hunter (07/18/20 06:15 PM)

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
    #26831434 - 07/18/20 07:46 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for loving Jesus, bro. God bless you!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#26831882 - 07/19/20 03:41 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hunter hunter said:
Hi Asante.  I got booted from the pub for awhile.  Been reading your thread.  Always enjoy your viewpoint spiritual things.  Always from the heart, loving and caring....

I’d ask:  Am I helping my friends and family enough, too much?  Can I take time off for myself and not feel guilty.  Or maybe why do I feel guilt about the lack of time and energy needed to do all these projects for everyone when I don’t have the time and energy for my life and projects.  I just want a guilt free break.

Edit:  not trying to derail this thread.  So I ask this question to both sides.  The true spiritual side and the man made factory production side of god.

Quote:

If you have been neglecting yourself then work on yourself more for a while, because only he who stands on solid ground can carry the world on his shoulders. The world needs strong givers, not exhausted ones.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

#26832511 - 07/19/20 01:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Totodile386 said:
Sorry, but that stuff sure isn't for me.

To each his own :smile:

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

#26833472 - 07/20/20 12:01 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What is the greatest lesson you've learned from The Course In Miracles?

Mine is the power of giving.. communicating sexually with a woman.. like Denise Richards.. shes really hot!

OfflineTotodile386
Female User Gallery

Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #26833948 - 07/20/20 10:04 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

From reading the Book Of Romans, Forrester, I have nothing to say for those of you who form sub-sects under God and politely worship in those ways, given what you do is in truth and faith, as opposed to pressures and revelries.

Also, for everyone else, I would like to cite, if I may, from the New Testament, concerning personal desires in this life:

"Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day One visits us."

One way I see it is anything that is waging war against your faith in God, let it be severed from you, for that which wages war against your faith is therefore waging war against your soul. Don't worry about losing something for good, for as you know, God knows you better than you could know yourself, and God already knows what you need before you even ask One.

God can give you all so you lack nothing, but you must revere thy God, and let One, and serve One. :stoned:

"Let us walk properly as in the light, not in orgies and drunkenness, and not in sexual immorality and sensationality, and not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires."

P.S. Some deceivers have popped up, but I implore you to ignore them. Don't grieve about the falsehood, for it is imperative these things pass, yet woe to the one(s) by whom they pass.

Edited by Totodile386 (07/20/20 10:05 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Totodile386] * 3
    #26833977 - 07/20/20 10:23 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Totodile386 said:

The First Church Of Shroomery

Quote:

Totodile386 said:

those of you who form sub-sects under God

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Asante]
    #26834348 - 07/20/20 02:07 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

If we are to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves, doesn't that mean we should refrain from doing illegal things?

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Hartford] * 1
    #26834361 - 07/20/20 02:15 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What if it’s illegal to be Christian?  Or Buddhism? Or whatever your faith/religion/private practices...

Legality & Illegality don’t always correspond with good & evil, moral & immoral.

It’s deeper than that.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

#26834453 - 07/20/20 03:07 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BrendanFlock said:
What is the greatest lesson you've learned from The Course In Miracles?

The main thing it teaches; forgiveness.  Of everything.  =  Freedom :smile:

Quote:

Totodile386 said:

"Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day One visits us."

One way I see it is anything that is waging war against your faith in God, let it be severed from you, for that which wages war against your faith is therefore waging war against your soul. Don't worry about losing something for good, for as you know, God knows you better than you could know yourself, and God already knows what you need before you even ask One.

God can give you all so you lack nothing, but you must revere thy God, and let One, and serve One. :stoned:

"Let us walk properly as in the light, not in orgies and drunkenness, and not in sexual immorality and sensationality, and not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires."

Interestingly, the course teaches all these things.

Only it's presented more as a choice for you if you want freedom from suffering (enlightenment), instead of something God said you must do or else it's a sin that you should feel guilty about and/or expect punishment for.

--------------------
-------------------

InvisibleHartford
Lawful Good
Male User Gallery

#26834473 - 07/20/20 03:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I you're going to give legitimacy to Paul, do you also legitimize his instructions on women's dress wear, head coverings, shunning and church authority structure?

OfflineFishOilTheKid
Ascended
 User Gallery

#26835634 - 07/21/20 08:10 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The first death is the only savior.

Revelation 1:18

And the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

The ankh.  Mercury of the Alchemists.  Psilocybe.

Edited by FishOilTheKid (07/21/20 08:24 AM)

OfflineTotodile386
Female User Gallery

Re: The First Church Of Shroomery [Re: Hartford]
    #26835758 - 07/21/20 09:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hartford said:
If we are to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves, doesn't that mean we should refrain from doing illegal things?

Here is my reaction to your question, friend:

Mark 12:

(14) And they came and said to One, “Teacher, we know that You are true, and do not care about anyone's opinion. For you are not swayed by appearances, but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?”
(15) But, knowing their hypocrisy, One said to them, “Why put Me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let Me look at it.”
(16) And they brought one. And One said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?” They said to One, “Caesar's.”
(17) Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.” And they marveled at One.

Edited by Totodile386 (07/21/20 09:38 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds