Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenamada
Stranger
Psychedelics and Self-Development Study * 4
    #26829245 - 07/17/20 03:09 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi there! Researchers from the US, Germany and Australia are looking for psychedelic users to participate in the survey below. After clicking the link, you'll be brought to the consent form which contains information about the study.

https://gccuny.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1RY0M9HksfIfEsl

The survey will take between 15-25 minutes to complete. If you decide to provide your email address at the end of the survey, you'll receive a summary of the results and a copy of the published manuscript.

This study is being conducted by a team of university researchers from the US, Australia, and Germany: PhD Student Nicole Amada, Department of Psychology, City University of New York; Dr. Toby Lea, Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Sydney, Australia USA; Dr. Henrik Jungaberle, MIND European Foundation for Psychedelic Science, Berlin, Germany

This study has gone through ethical approval by the City University of New York Institutional Review Board

Thank you!

Edited by namada (07/17/20 03:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: namada]
    #26829257 - 07/17/20 03:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What researchers? From where? How can we verify that this is legitimate medical research carried about by actual professionals?

When somewhere like John Hopkins posts a study, they're always very clear about who they are, who is running the study, and why. They often even stick around and answer user questions about the study. But here, you're just saying some nebulous researchers from seemingly random countries are conducting some vague research. This doesn't seem to me like the kind of thing that actual researchers would do.

We need to be able to verify that this is legitimate medical research conducted by actual universities, etc.

Offlinenamada
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: nooneman] * 2
    #26829270 - 07/17/20 03:37 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi there...

This study is being conducted by a team of university researchers from the US, Australia, and Germany: PhD Student Nicole Amada, Department of Psychology, City University of New York; Dr. Toby Lea, Centre for Social Research in Health, UNSW Sydney, Australia USA; Dr. Henrik Jungaberle, MIND European Foundation for Psychedelic Science, Berlin, Germany

It is approved by City University New York Institutional Review Board

More information about the study, its objectives and interests, are present on the first page of the survey (i.e. in the consent document)

I'm available to answer any questions potential participants may have regarding this research

Edited by namada (07/17/20 03:58 PM)

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: namada] * 1
    #26829656 - 07/17/20 07:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm down. I looked this character up and she's legit.

I like these studies. Even if they aren't aimed at eventual legalization in some way it still makes me feel good when people with acronyms take an interest. They carry more weight with suburban people.

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

Edited by Roger Clemency (07/18/20 08:47 AM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26829844 - 07/17/20 10:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

namada said:
Hi there...

It is approved by City University New York Institutional Review Board

More information about the study, its objectives and interests, are present on the first page of the survey (i.e. in the consent document)

I'm available to answer any questions potential participants may have regarding this research

Thanks for your prompt response! Sorry if my initial response was a bit harsh, we get a lot of people asking us to participate in research. It can be hard sometimes to distinguish between genuine research and other stuff. I appreciate your response.

Hope your study goes well :thumbup:

OfflineJoshz1000r
Stranger
Mushroom troubles [Re: nooneman]
    #26830431 - 07/18/20 09:29 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone if you can see this. First time poster, first time grower, please forgive me if I’m in the wrong place but I’ve never posted on any forum before.
I’d like to get some advice on my grow, I have absolutely no idea if I have put the links in right, any advice would be helpful thank you, the heads seem to be wrinkling up? Turning inside out? Largest Shroom is maybe 5cm
http://

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Mushroom troubles [Re: Joshz1000r] * 1
    #26830566 - 07/18/20 10:54 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Josh - Click on 'Forum index' up at the top of the page, then find 'Mushroom Cultivation'

Around the middle of the page you'll see: 'Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation'    To the right of all that it says 'Post'

That will let you post your question in the right spot.

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

Offlinenamada
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: nooneman]
    #26831387 - 07/18/20 07:15 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

No worries at all and very understandable. Thank you for the well wishes!

OfflineJoshz1000r
Stranger
    #26831692 - 07/19/20 12:08 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: nooneman]
    #26832119 - 07/19/20 08:12 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
What researchers? From where? How can we verify that this is legitimate medical research carried about by actual professionals?

When somewhere like John Hopkins posts a study, they're always very clear about who they are, who is running the study, and why. They often even stick around and answer user questions about the study. But here, you're just saying some nebulous researchers from seemingly random countries are conducting some vague research. This doesn't seem to me like the kind of thing that actual researchers would do.

We need to be able to verify that this is legitimate medical research conducted by actual universities, etc.

This announcement has been vetted and approved by the Shroomery staff
And its a sticky
Or you could do your own research if you don't trust the site's

InvisibleInnerEternity
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26832160 - 07/19/20 08:40 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Done :thumbup:
Thank you for posting it. I'm curious about the results.

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: InnerEternity]
    #26832282 - 07/19/20 10:23 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Bodhisatta I'll jump on board now while still enjoying an afterglow.

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

OfflineGraymaster
Male

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: GreenHorns]
    #26839695 - 07/23/20 01:37 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I Love it when Australia gets down with Psychedelics I'm in...

Invisiblenopainmygain
OP Survivor
I'm a teapot

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Graymaster]
    #26841067 - 07/23/20 04:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Does one take the survey before or eating a few caps?

--------------------
No Pain My Gain
Kratom makes me happy

OfflineRathilien
Weed Reclamation Unit
I'm a teapot

Loc: Melbourne Flag
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: nopainmygain] * 1
    #26841307 - 07/23/20 06:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Guys, the user who posted this is "namada", the pHD student mentioned is Nicole Amada. It's the same person, she's even used a pseudonym of her real name. Sure it doesn't prove that namada is Nicole Amada but I mean... if you're really worried just activate your VPN if you haven't already?

This is pretty awesome for us to be involved with, at least IMHO, and would be tremendous for us to support her and be involved in helping to move the legitmate and medical uses of psychedlics forward into the 21st Century. Vigilence is obviously necessary for this community for obvious reasons, but I'd be happy to participate.

You can even see her on Youtube (2019)

@Namada - thanks for involving us! Apologies for the vigilence but I'm sure you understand why we're all a little jittery when a new user jumps on and throws a link at us :cool: The only thing I might gently suggest is perhaps putting a few links and information in your signature (eg link to your Youtube video as above or other sources to show people any of your current or previous research) if you're happy to do that. It will lend more legitimacy to anything you post and get far greater response until people get to know you.

Thank again! :bow2:

--------------------
**Aussies PM Me if You're Having Trouble Finding Spores!**

Follow my progress at my journal
Edible Weeds :shocked:

I wouldn’t say I’m a tree-hugging hippy, but I do like to give those thick-ass trees a solid slap on their trunks as I walk by.

OfflineMrTinAZ
If only I knew
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: slightly north of Mexico
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Roger Clemency] * 1
    #26841684 - 07/23/20 10:30 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Roger Clemency said:
I'm down. I looked this character up and she's legit.

I like these studies. Even if they aren't aimed at eventual legalization in some way it still makes me feel good when people with acronyms take an interest. They carry more weight with suburban people.

I agree. These types of studies are an important step in legalization. As a social sciences teacher, I have spent WAY too much time teaching summer school lately, and 1 of the classes is American Gov. While some people might think a study like this is useless if they want legalization, policy both starts and ends with the people. No one legalized MMJ because a few hippies wanted it they did it when the masses asked for it and much fewer people were against it than in the past. Spreading awareness and accurate knowledge is key to the process of creating a new policy. 1st hand advocacy from personal experience has value, but so do scientific studies. As awareness and knowledge spread, and more studies are available, it will become easier for the general public to learn and believe in the power of plant medicine. If studies show positive effects it does nothing but help support legalization in the long term.

I agree with everything you said, but I just wanted to elaborate on what you said: this study is not aimed at legalization but studies like this do help support people advocating for legalization.

OfflineGreenHorns
some kind of boogin
 User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: MrTinAZ]
    #26841861 - 07/24/20 12:48 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I would have preferred being able to use tor personally but the survey was non invasive and email was optional.

@namada can the following results or updates be posted here so users can see the data without providing an email address? For obvious reasons we tend to value our privacy.

--------------------

As the spark of the dream ignites a flame of desire all we have is time and all to do is admire

Spawning to Bulk Substate TEK

General Myco Info / FAQ / Terminology

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: GreenHorns]
    #26842406 - 07/24/20 10:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Sod it folks, I posted my email address. What are they going to do? Really?

You hide your stash, you do the man’s work for him :cookiemonster:

I’ve got too old to care anymore. I’ve worked all my life, paid my taxes, and voted. I will not go quietly if they think they can tell me what I can and cannot eat.

Best of luck with the research, I have total respect for all of you.

Many thanks
DJ Ed

p.s. Not my real name, not even close :awesome:

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Edited by DJ Ed (07/24/20 10:26 AM)

OfflineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26844342 - 07/25/20 10:03 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Curious as to what methodology do you take as far as self-reported results (notoriously unreliable, I'm sure you know) to statistically clean-up the results. Please note that this isn't a criticism, I just work with hard, verifiable data and don't have to deal with vagaries of Humans being involved so I'm interested.  Thanks, and I understand if it's too much to explain here.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Ice9]
    #26844629 - 07/25/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

amateur volunteer population of druggies?

well if she can get funding for it, great! some people find a niche and get good at it. LUCKY! (talented!)

meantime, this way she is well insulated by anonymity from the test animals and actually has a lot of leeway in how she approaches the data dump that will follow.

maybe it will lead to decriminalization and reasonable psychedelic psychotherapy.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder