Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMr.Christmas
Who?
I'm a teapot

Loc: USA
The Effect of Music and Media
    #26799374 - 07/02/20 01:33 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Whenever I'm having a mushroom experience, I notice that my mood and thoughts will change with the change of a song. Do you guys think music does that to us even when not tripping and we simply don't know it?

I watched a video once that said something along the lines of, "I'm very weary of what I watch and listen to. People don't realize that these things are also part of your diet, it's what your brain ingests."

--------------------

Todo lo que hagas en la vida serรก insignificante; pero es muy importante que lo hagas.

Edited by Mr.Christmas (07/02/20 01:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnerWisdom
Male

Loc: North EU
Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: Mr.Christmas]
    #26799413 - 07/02/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Well yes. Obviously imo. The influence isn't just that strong when sober and depends if you are paying attention to it or not. There's no black magick going on through music or media though, but a thoughtless person can be manipulated still.

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Niggerville, TX Flag
Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: InnerWisdom]
    #26813964 - 07/09/20 11:02 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Ever hear the saying "Garbage In, Garbage Out"

It absolutely effects you.
As a matter of fact its been suggested its been weaponized to demoralize society.
Theres been studies done that show that the input from media that you receive, your brain processes it as reality. Your brain literally can't tell the difference between something portrayed to you on a screen and actual reality.
Its very wise to monitor what you consume, and how you react to it.

--------------------
"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."-Marvin Heemeyer
๐“ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท, ๐“ช ๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ฐ, ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ช๐“ต๐“ท๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ '๐“ฎ๐“ถ, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐”‚ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ.

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐”‚ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“‘๐“ฎ ๐““๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: Fleabag Friend]
    #26814106 - 07/10/20 01:15 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So true.

The Mind eats regardless of if weโ€™re aware of it or not, why? Because the sensory organs never turn off.
The saying you are what you eat applies to both mind & body.

And just like you can consume things - things can consume you.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

InvisibleDream-Time

Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26828811 - 07/17/20 11:53 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I study Hindustani classical music and so I might have something constructive to add. It is currently estimated that Hindustani classical music originated around 5,000 years ago, though it went by a different name. The music was given form as a way of expressing mantra. A mantra is an utterance of a phoneme, in its most basic usage, and it is utilized as an invocation for either an internal or external force.

It is reported that a skilled musician is able to evoke emotional and psychological changes within themself as well as spectators while birthing what is known as a โ€œragaโ€ in a live setting. This was one of its primary purposes. Raga translates to, โ€œthat which colors the mindโ€. The role of the Hindustani musician, in my view, is akin to the duty of what shamanism is in other parts of the world.

The effect of music upon plants is well documented. Even the genre of music can affect plant life. For example, classical music makes plants grow better, bushier, and greener, with healthier stems. Jazz music also accelerates growth and makes plants fuller. Heavy metal music, together with new age and Celtic tunes increase both plant mass AND fruit taste. Country and western music for plants has no effects on development. Noisy rock music damages plants in the same way excess water or heavy winds do.

I suspect that there is a similar correlation within the animal kingdom. Following the completion of my research, I hope to run clinical trials to monitor brain activity, with people of various ethnic backgrounds, under the influence of Hindustani classical music. If the ancient texts are at least partially accurate, I presume that we may be able to evaluate either a change in brain chemistry, within particular regions, and or neurogenesis - perhaps leading to new studies in neuroplasticity.

--------------------

Edited by Dream-Time (07/17/20 01:42 PM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: Dream-Time]
    #26829362 - 07/17/20 04:16 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dream-Time said:
The effect of music upon plants is well documented. Even the genre of music can affect plant life. For example, classical music makes plants grow better, bushier, and greener, with healthier stems. Jazz music also accelerates growth and makes plants fuller. Heavy metal music, together with new age and Celtic tunes increase both plant mass AND fruit taste. Country and western music for plants has no effects on development. Noisy rock music damages plants in the same way excess water or heavy winds do.

I wonder if you could give a distinction between "heavy metal" and "noisy rock", as these could be confused.  Do you have any examples?  Just curious... I've heard about some of these studies before but they always say metal is terrible for them, but I've always thought some types give you that positive feeling... the more melodic kinds maybe.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleDream-Time

Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: Forrester]
    #26829454 - 07/17/20 05:17 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

One of the reasons for the experiment was to determine whether urban environmental noise pollution causes disruption to its surrounding nature. Iโ€™ll look for the original paper, as Iโ€™m not certain what subgenre of metal music was used, but here is a second study done to reconfirm the firstโ€™s finding: https://theconversation.com/rock-n-roll-is-noise-pollution-with-ecological-implications-that-can-spread-through-a-food-web-98998

Here is an excerpt: โ€œWhen the plants were grown without music, the predators reduced aphid density to nearly zero. As a consequence, the plants grew strong and healthy in the absence of their pest. In contrast, when plants were grown with โ€œBack in Blackโ€ blaring, the lady beetles did not control aphids and the pestsโ€™ population size was more than 40 times larger than in the silent condition โ€“ from an average of about 4 aphids per plant to more than 180. As a consequences of high pest abundance, the plants in music treatments were 25 percent smaller.โ€œ

Guns Nโ€™ Roses was another music group used for the experiment.

Brain waves are neural oscillations. If I remember correctly, heavy rock nโ€™ roll music can increase gamma waves within the brain. Depending upon the person, this can induce anxiety, but it also may stimulate creativity and vigor in others. As it stands, there are 7.8 billion people currently living on Earth. That means that there are 7.8 billion different perceptions and tastes. Because of this, I suspect that different genres will affect different people in different ways - some positively and others negatively due to their cultural upbringing.

As it stands though, there is something called the โ€œMozart Effectโ€. The findings indicate that particular movements within Baroque music will positively enhance brain function regardless of oneโ€™s background.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Re: The Effect of Music and Media [Re: Dream-Time]
    #26829494 - 07/17/20 05:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Cool I'll have to check out that link.  That's funny, I almost mentioned AC/DC specifically as an example for "noisy rock" :lol:

So parasite control is the mechanism it works by, that's pretty crazy!

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies