Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShiithead
Conservatively Progressive
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: nooneman]
    #26847163 - 07/27/20 07:06 AM (17 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
What researchers? From where? How can we verify that this is legitimate medical research carried about by actual professionals?

When somewhere like John Hopkins posts a study, they're always very clear about who they are, who is running the study, and why. They often even stick around and answer user questions about the study. But here, you're just saying some nebulous researchers from seemingly random countries are conducting some vague research. This doesn't seem to me like the kind of thing that actual researchers would do.

We need to be able to verify that this is legitimate medical research conducted by actual universities, etc.

Wow you're a dick. Now mushrooms will never get legalized.

Great job!

:lolsy:

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Family

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Ice9]
    #26847885 - 07/27/20 02:59 PM (17 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
Curious as to what methodology do you take as far as self-reported results (notoriously unreliable, I'm sure you know) to statistically clean-up the results. Please note that this isn't a criticism, I just work with hard, verifiable data and don't have to deal with vagaries of Humans being involved so I'm interested.  Thanks, and I understand if it's too much to explain here.

This is a fair critique.  If I were reviewing these results for publication I'd ask something similar.  "We asked a forum of pro shroom users whether they liked to use shrooms."  Not the best sample.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinedaveycrumpet
Cubenthusiast
Male

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: badchad] * 1
    #26848052 - 07/27/20 04:08 PM (17 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
This is a fair critique.  If I were reviewing these results for publication I'd ask something similar.  "We asked a forum of pro shroom users whether they liked to use shrooms."  Not the best sample.

Agreed, my take on it is that because it's in a strange legal place for people to be launching peer reviewable studies. Any one of these studies will have this sample bias problem, however, just because I do actually think that psilocybin enhances my life rather than detract from it (as powerful business interests would have you believe) doesn't mean that my experience should be discounted. It's ultimately for that reason that I participate in this stuff. More data is more data.

OfflineShiithead
Conservatively Progressive
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: badchad]
    #26849208 - 07/28/20 05:17 AM (16 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

Ice9 said:
Curious as to what methodology do you take as far as self-reported results (notoriously unreliable, I'm sure you know) to statistically clean-up the results. Please note that this isn't a criticism, I just work with hard, verifiable data and don't have to deal with vagaries of Humans being involved so I'm interested.  Thanks, and I understand if it's too much to explain here.

Not even that. They asked it in the pub lol

They should have polled it in psych experiences.. smh

It is enough to make me throw my hat in the ring to become a mod...  shiithead2020

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Family

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Shiithead] * 2
    #26849247 - 07/28/20 06:31 AM (16 days, 18 hours ago)

Its a global sticky. It wasn't posted in the pub

OnlineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26849254 - 07/28/20 06:48 AM (16 days, 18 hours ago)

It still suffers extremely from self-selection as users with positive experiences are going to massively outweigh users of negative experiences.  They might have a way of dealing with this, I don't do sociological statistics, but this seems a near insurmountable burden to publication in anything other than a pay to play journal which have proliferated in the past 5 years.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Ice9] * 1
    #26849358 - 07/28/20 09:20 AM (16 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
It still suffers extremely from self-selection as users with positive experiences are going to massively outweigh users of negative experiences.  They might have a way of dealing with this, I don't do sociological statistics, but this seems a near insurmountable burden to publication in anything other than a pay to play journal which have proliferated in the past 5 years.

Randomizing the sample would be the easiest way.  Instead of administering a survey to people who love drugs asking them how much they love drugs, they'd survey a representative sample of the population.  From there, pull out the individuals that have hallucinogen experience, and survey them.

For sure, it's a much larger, much more complex and way more expensive study, but it's been done.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineJailbird420
Old Man
Male

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Ice9]
    #26851635 - 07/29/20 01:36 PM (15 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
It still suffers extremely from self-selection as users with positive experiences are going to massively outweigh users of negative experiences.

This is a moot point since I know of nobody who had one bad trip and never tripped again.

Having a bad trip is part of the experience. Most people have at least one bad trip under their belt. It rarely stops people from using them though.

I learned a lot from my one bad trip. I mainly learned to not do them so often, but there was also deeper learning there too.

I enjoy participating in these polls, keepem coming.

OfflineGH19971
Psychonaut
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Jailbird420]
    #26858810 - 08/02/20 02:41 PM (11 days, 10 hours ago)

Giving this thread a bump, I answered the survey and hope others will do the same.

OfflineMrTinAZS
If only I knew

Loc: slightly north of Mexico
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: GH19971] * 1
    #26858886 - 08/02/20 03:14 PM (11 days, 10 hours ago)

If someone doesn't like the study just don't answer no one is making you.

As far nooneman asking where the study is from saying they do not tell us, that is incorrect, the study is CLEARLY labeled you just have to not be lazy and go read:

"THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
Brooklyn College
Principal Investigator: Nicole Amada, MA., PhD. Student"
This is an educated adult with a Bachelor's Degree, a Masters Degree, and currently is a Ph.D. student or candidate depending on how far they are in their program. If this is for the dissertation than she would be considered a Ph.D. candidate, if she is earlier in the process she would be considered a Ph.D. student. I'm not saying a degree is all that matters, but I only have a bachelor's and will get a Masters soon for more pay but I likely never would want to do the work to get a Ph.D. This student is working hard and just asking for a bit of help & support so, in my opinion, we should give it to her or get lost but I support freedom of thought and speech so if people want to criticize it go on ahead.

As far as people criticizing the study, your criticisms may or may not be valid, since the true questions and implications of a study are often hidden from participants in order to ensure accurate untainted results. It is possible that this is just a small part of a larger sample from different sources. It is possible that they want it online like this ON PURPOSE and that they are polling people in-person as well as online to show the differences in self-reporting. It is also possible they are giving people shrooms and getting them to report their results, and then getting people to self-report/self-describe past results to see if people glorify or bash shrooms more down the road and on average have a more positive or negative view of taking shrooms right after doing them or far in the future. There are a bazillion possibilities and if they were to disclose everything it could create inaccurate results. It is also possible the criticisms people have are valid, but it is important to remember that we may not know everything always, so sometimes it is better not to make assumptions as if we do.

Sorry to go on a rant but as someone who supports education it is frustrating to see more criticisms than people supporting something that is more likely to benefit this community than it is to hurt it.

Edited by MrTinAZ (08/02/20 03:23 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Pareidolia

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: MrTinAZ]
    #26859468 - 08/02/20 08:33 PM (11 days, 4 hours ago)

Put it as a job on mturk for some mullah and I'll do it.....20-30min is a lot of time when personal time is finite :notsureif:

Edit: lol jk, I'll probably wait to actually trip WHILE taking the survey to make it as accurate as possible :awehigh:

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (08/02/20 08:35 PM)

OfflineHoneheke
Happy little fella
 User Gallery
    #26859597 - 08/02/20 09:30 PM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

Here is some of the work being carried out in ACT Australia.

Awesome news !

OfflineHoneheke
Happy little fella
 User Gallery
Re: Mushroom troubles [Re: Joshz1000r]
    #26859938 - 08/03/20 02:59 AM (10 days, 22 hours ago)

Hey there, I reckon you have done an excellent first job.

You must be US based in order to get your hands on spores.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #26867741 - 08/07/20 09:04 AM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

Are they going them to give us psychedelics drugs?  :awecid:

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineHoneheke
Happy little fella
 User Gallery
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: starfire_xes]
    #26870823 - 08/09/20 02:00 AM (4 days, 23 hours ago)

They have been testing with psilocyben MDMA. Its all goodness !

Offlinedothedew69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: starfire_xes] * 1
    #26872730 - 08/10/20 07:14 AM (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

MrTinAZ said:
If someone doesn't like the study just don't answer no one is making you.

As far nooneman asking where the study is from saying they do not tell us, that is incorrect, the study is CLEARLY labeled you just have to not be lazy and go read:

"THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
Brooklyn College
Principal Investigator: Nicole Amada, MA., PhD. Student"
This is an educated adult with a Bachelor's Degree, a Masters Degree, and currently is a Ph.D. student or candidate depending on how far they are in their program. If this is for the dissertation than she would be considered a Ph.D. candidate, if she is earlier in the process she would be considered a Ph.D. student. I'm not saying a degree is all that matters, but I only have a bachelor's and will get a Masters soon for more pay but I likely never would want to do the work to get a Ph.D. This student is working hard and just asking for a bit of help & support so, in my opinion, we should give it to her or get lost but I support freedom of thought and speech so if people want to criticize it go on ahead.

As far as people criticizing the study, your criticisms may or may not be valid, since the true questions and implications of a study are often hidden from participants in order to ensure accurate untainted results. It is possible that this is just a small part of a larger sample from different sources. It is possible that they want it online like this ON PURPOSE and that they are polling people in-person as well as online to show the differences in self-reporting. It is also possible they are giving people shrooms and getting them to report their results, and then getting people to self-report/self-describe past results to see if people glorify or bash shrooms more down the road and on average have a more positive or negative view of taking shrooms right after doing them or far in the future. There are a bazillion possibilities and if they were to disclose everything it could create inaccurate results. It is also possible the criticisms people have are valid, but it is important to remember that we may not know everything always, so sometimes it is better not to make assumptions as if we do.

Sorry to go on a rant but as someone who supports education it is frustrating to see more criticisms than people supporting something that is more likely to benefit this community than it is to hurt it.

I’m with MrTinAZ, there’s a lot of data we don’t know and to me it is very logical. This could be one of hundreds of locations they could be polling data from. They could also be collecting data from local PTA, we just don’t know. The fact is there are many more users with experience than this forum. It’s been years since I’ve had an experience but it changed my life for the better. I truly believe in psychedelics for medicinal use. The only reason why I will be using again is literally for medicinal purpose. I suffer from marked social anxiety disorder and for me the experiences truly help me. Cognitive behavioral therapy is the best course of treatment. Mushrooms for me is just opening the mind and allows me to think and correct these issues. If I could use while in CBT therapy there would be massive benefits to medical applications. Use a proxy, create a new email, let’s get these folks the data they need. The positive benefits of even just medicinal use will help millions of people like me.

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Other

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: namada]
    #26874409 - 08/11/20 05:53 AM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

How will they send me the drugs? Is it the normal post or DHL or DMT or UPS?

Is it legal to receive drugs from the US if I’m noble enough to help scientific research for free?

If, for some reason, I don’t get the maximum score, will they disclose the correct answers after everyone filled it out?

--------------------
Modern Science: OMG, the Universe is conscious!
Magic Mushroom: And who isn’t?
DMT: What universe?

Edited by Vylie (08/11/20 06:21 AM)

OfflineVylie
The more you know
Other

Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: namada]
    #26874413 - 08/11/20 06:06 AM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

They say you can skip any questions. I think we should keep "any" and "some" separated words as they used to be.

For example, the country is obligatory.

--------------------
Modern Science: OMG, the Universe is conscious!
Magic Mushroom: And who isn’t?
DMT: What universe?

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Vylie] * 1
    #26874460 - 08/11/20 07:33 AM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Now we are on the subject of medicinal and therapeutic tripping..

medicinal tips for medicinal trips!

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/336

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Offlinehari
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Psychedelics and Self-Development Study [Re: Asante]
    #26875667 - 08/11/20 08:17 PM (2 days, 5 hours ago)

SO cool

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing