Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland
"The Riots That Killed Gun Control" * 1
    #26826969 - 07/16/20 01:08 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Nobody, absolutely nobody can rant like Razorfist.

And he brings up a point I realized on my own between Coronavirus and the rioting: The political left completely forgot they were anti-firearm. Gun sales have skyrocketed across the USA to the point where some cities are running out of guns to sell. Roughly 50-70% of all guns purchased were from first time buyers.

My take on it is simple: The political right was rooted in reality on the gun issue and the political left was not. As soon as "reality" smacks you hard in the face and there was no longer any room left for ideology, we quickly saw which side had it right all along. (This isn't to say the political right is correct on every issue, but god DAMN was it hilarious to watch so many of my anti-gun left leaning peers go out and buy firearms.)

I would also argue that many OTHER platforms the left has like um... DEFUNDING THE POLICE are similarly rooted in ideology and not reality. But of course their cities are going to have to go complete shit before they realize it. So in the meantime, we'll stick with the gun issue.

The political right wasn't pro 2nd amendment because we need guns during times of peace. They were pro 2nd amendment because of shit times like now that always wind up showing up. And no one on the left aside from their fringes are arguing for gun control any more, lemme tell ya. (And even then, I'd argue the fringes decided recently they'd rather be armed to the teeth.)

You know what else is funny? Biden is like the most anti-gun candidate they could have picked. Yeah, good luck what THAT stance this election, Joe.

So yeah, so much for years and years and years of anti-gun rhetoric. That all evaporated in a matter of weeks.

--------------------

Edited by Vahn421 (07/16/20 01:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: Vahn421]
    #26826985 - 07/16/20 01:17 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Common sense gun control.

What do you mean I have to wait 2 weeks?

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: Vahn421] * 1
    #26827035 - 07/16/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Frankly, most of the left has never been particularly anti-gun. Oh sure, it gets talked about a lot, but the vast majority of people on the left who I know either own guns or have an interest in owning guns or like guns. Guns are pretty popular everywhere in America. The right is going to win on guns in the long run. Guns are just too popular.

I personally love the right to bear arms and believe that because it's in the constitution there are no exceptions to it. I think laws that say who can and can't own guns are unconstitutional, and what kinds of guns they can and can't own are also unconstitutional. I would love to live in a place where everyone walks around with a firearm on their hip like some places I hear about. I'm sad that I live in a place that has more restrictive firearm laws and regulations than other places. I would love to live in an extremely unrestricted area. Maybe one day I'll move to one.

Having said that, I'm perfectly willing to entertain and listen to arguments on the opposite side. I've even been known to argue for them on occasion. I'm just not one of those people with political feelings about most things that are so strong that I can't entertain and discuss the opposite side. In fact, I think it's a great strength to be able to seriously consider and even to be able to argue for things you don't actually agree with or believe in. To engage civilly with people with different points of view and to treat them and their ideas with respect is a good thing.

Anyway, you should be happy about this whole thing, but the tone of your post is closer to anger or being upset somehow about the whole situation which is odd. You should be happy that more people are coming over to your side.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: nooneman]
    #26827052 - 07/16/20 01:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I own several guns and enjoy shooting them. I especially like shooting clay pigeons. I could also build a gun of just about any variety in my machine shop. I however think that guns have little purpose in modern society outside of hobby use. So if we are to maintain the gun hobby there needs to be some significant changes in stewardship, otherwise the gun rights are going to continue to get chipped away.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: nooneman]
    #26827060 - 07/16/20 02:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

@Nooneman

It's more I'm laughing at the whole thing, but yes, I'm happy.

Also, I'm mostly with you with the slight exception that I do think having a small list of people who can't own guns period is a good idea. Like former criminals with a violent history. (This is my leftism showing. Hah.) Perhaps if they go for say 5 years without another violent incident, that restriction can be removed.

I'm not sure if shops have a way to scan your I.D. and check a database yet or not. I'm not sure how it works these days.

--------------------

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

#26827064 - 07/16/20 02:03 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I've always wanted to try clay pigeon shooting... it looks fun. I was a pro on my NES 30 years ago with the Zapper.

Quote:

I however think that guns have little purpose in modern society outside of hobby use

In times of peace I completely agree, but times of peace usually don't last...

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: Vahn421] * 4
    #26827087 - 07/16/20 02:20 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Get caught with drugs but are not violent, no guns for you.

That is the current system and its shit.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: budmanman] * 1
    #26827277 - 07/16/20 03:55 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Every time things get a little scary, some deep rooted reptilian autonomic function compels right wingers to buy yet another gun. Lemmings.

We live in a seriously dieseased society. Both physically and culturally. What an embarrassing country full of losers.

Edited by koods (07/16/20 03:57 PM)

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: koods] * 1
    #26827291 - 07/16/20 04:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Every time things get a little scary, some deep rooted reptilian autonomic function compels right wingers to buy yet another gun.

:facepalm:

Did you even read my post? Did you watch the video? Texas alone registered 60%-70% of their gun sales as first time buyers. This trend is happening all over the U.S.A.

Quote:

We live in a seriously dieseased society. Both physically and culturally. What an embarrassing country full of losers.

I'm going to interpret this as, "I don't have a gun and I don't need a gun." Amirite?

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: koods] * 1
    #26827318 - 07/16/20 04:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I was a gun nut; my dad was an amateur gunsmith.  I had the whole get up and then realized unless dropped in a hot zone, my armaments had no real world application.

I decided (highly recommended and harped on by my VA psyche docs) to give most of them up, with the exception of my 12 gauge....shotguns are the best tactical application for personal property protection....the 870 has dust on it, hope it stays that way.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #26828198 - 07/17/20 04:48 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I had liberal friends asking me to show them how to use a gun :rofl:
My buddy works at a gunshop and the onslaught of people trying to buy in conjunction with idiot questions skyrocketed. So liberal buyers.

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Elsewhere
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26829070 - 07/17/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It's sad that gun control is even a thing with the mainstream left. I thought liberal meant more freedom. It's even sadder that mass shootings are blamed on guns and not lack of mental health support. You used to be able to buy full-auto military surplus weapons by mail order and there weren't problems.

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: Rapjack]
    #26829099 - 07/17/20 02:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So we have gun problems due to a lack of full of full auto  weapons ? Would allowing full auto weapons to be sold in the mail result in less gun crime ?
How did gun control even get started back in the 30s when people were mowing down fools with their mail purchased machine guns in the street ?

--------------------

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: Psilynut2] * 2
    #26829120 - 07/17/20 02:19 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Not at all, what I'm saying is that blaming gun crime and mass shootings on availability of guns misses the root of those problems. How about we focus on undiagnosed mental disorders and poverty instead? Ultimately gun control for a safer society is moot if the causes of why that society are unsafe aren't addressed.

Plus, 1930's - 1970's America was a very different place. I used the mail order thing as a clear example of a lack of gun control. I don't think completely unlicensed sales of automatics would be good for the health of 2020 Americans, partly due to both of the formerly mentioned issues.

--------------------

Edited by Rapjack (07/17/20 02:20 PM)

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

#26829125 - 07/17/20 02:21 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Not at all, what I'm saying is that blaming gun crime and mass shootings on availability of guns misses the root of those problems. How about we focus on undiagnosed mental disorders and poverty instead?

1,000% agree.

--------------------

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

#26829151 - 07/17/20 02:32 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vahn421 said:
Quote:

Not at all, what I'm saying is that blaming gun crime and mass shootings on availability of guns misses the root of those problems. How about we focus on undiagnosed mental disorders and poverty instead?

1,000% agree.

And let's be real. Even military grade guns are pretty simple tech. Someone in Britian designed and built a machine pistol completely out of hardware store parts and a few hand tools, not even any machining. So let's keep this technology accessible to the masses, so it's control doesn't fall to cartels and extremists.

--------------------

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

#26829163 - 07/17/20 02:39 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Again, agree.

I used to laugh at how anti-gun the moderate to far left was because they were also anti cop and anti military... and I thought to my self, "If you take the guns away from the people, don't only the cops and the military wind up having them?"

At least they fixed THAT glaring gap in their political overview with this shift toward firearms.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26829170 - 07/17/20 02:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Only the police should have guns, but also the police are hunting down and slaughtering black people because they're all white supremacists.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: "The Riots That Killed Gun Control" [Re: budmanman] * 1
    #26829197 - 07/17/20 02:55 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone should be allowed to carry guns except on-duty police officers.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26829230 - 07/17/20 03:05 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Vahn421 said:
I used to laugh at how anti-gun the moderate to far left was because they were also anti cop and anti military... and I thought to my self, "If you take the guns away from the people, don't only the cops and the military wind up having them?"

At least they fixed THAT glaring gap in their political overview with this shift toward firearms.

Don't be a dick. The moderate left has always supported guns, and as I said among the people on the left who I know most of them either own guns or like guns and always have. Not to mention that the moderate left is not anti-cop or anti-military. Nor has the moderate left ever wanted to take guns away from people. This kind of dickish statement is why people are driven away from your political positions.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates