Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >
OfflineTrippyMomp
Male User Gallery

Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Smartattack]
    #26628194 - 04/25/20 09:14 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

thanks !!! what color food dye do you recommend. eventually ill make my own from agar agar but only so many things I wanna make from scratch rn. the bottle says 15 psi for 30 mins but my canning setting only goes to 12 so you think 30 is plenty ? don't wanna mess the agar up. also you think I can do it in a mason jar im not sure what else I could use ATM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: Kizzle]
    #26644120 - 05/02/20 04:23 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kizzle said:
Quote:

sterilize your agar for 10-15m at 15PSI. once your PC is back at atmospheric pressure. open it up take your jars out. put them in 47ºC water bath. your agar jars are hotter than 47 so the water bath will warm up. once it cools back down to 47ºC then you're ready to pour.

I just want to add it's important to filter any solids out of your agar if you're using very short sterilization times. Those times are meant for liquids only. Heat is transfered through solids by conduction so if you have little undissolved chunks of something the center of the chunks are going take a little longer to heat up than the liquid they're in.

I'm just about to get started with Agar, today actually, and have a couple of questions. 

fFirst: The recipe in Bod's Tek for BRF + Agar Agar is 20g/L of BRF + Agar Agar.  Since we I'm using the 500ml media bottle suggested, should I split the recipe?  I'm assuming yes, but I'd rather ask a questions with and obvious answer than to begin this adventure with doubts.

Second:  You say to strain the solids out of the mixture.  I'm assuming this is pre PC'ng.  Again, may be an obvious answer, but I'm not afraid of them to make sure I'm doing things right?

Third: knowing that mycelium grows at room temp.  I'm assuming just leave the plate out in a clean dry place after inoculation then refrigerate for long-term storage. 

Thanks for you answers.

--------------------
There is a better way.  Finding the way — well that's the journey:mushroom2:

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: butterflyaway]
    #26644182 - 05/02/20 04:52 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

A common practice is 8g agar and 8g LME then fill up the 500ml media bottle just past the 400ml line with water. You don't want to fill the bottle because you need room inside to shake it.  LME and some other nutrients wont produce sediment. Some others will. Some people filter sediment and some don't. I use LME so it's not an issue. Bodhi's tek covers everything.

I used to refrigerate the plates, but I took someone's advice and have been storing them at room temperature. This is supposed to reduce condensation. I haven't decided if this is a good practice or not. Occaisionally a nonrefrigerated plate will develop mold. I am tentatively viewing this as a good thing. I think those plates would not have shown mold if refrigerated but the mold spores would have been there and emerged after inoculation.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26644322 - 05/02/20 06:11 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
A common practice is 8g agar and 8g LME then fill up the 500ml media bottle just past the 400ml line with water. You don't want to fill the bottle because you need room inside to shake it.  LME and some other nutrients wont produce sediment. Some others will. Some people filter sediment and some don't. I use LME so it's not an issue. Bodhi's tek covers everything.

I used to refrigerate the plates, but I took someone's advice and have been storing them at room temperature. This is supposed to reduce condensation. I haven't decided if this is a good practice or not. Occaisionally a nonrefrigerated plate will develop mold. I am tentatively viewing this as a good thing. I think those plates would not have shown mold if refrigerated but the mold spores would have been there and emerged after inoculation.

Thanks for your response!

LME?  Whatever it is, I don't have it.  But I do have BRF I could use.  I have grain, I plan to prep for inoculation, but I don't want to prep them just for the grain water, when I'm not quite to the point of using the jars yet. 

So, it is not absolutely necessary to strain the sediment, you just want to make sure to PC the mixture longer, is what I'm getting from your response.  Correct?

--------------------

Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26646070 - 05/03/20 01:43 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I have found all the things I need. 

Thanks for your help!

--------------------

Offlinepoisoned
untitled

Loc: Yurop
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: AlpineHighs]
    #26646163 - 05/03/20 02:28 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AlpineHighs said:
When tightening the lid on 500ml media jars after PC equalization...DONT tighten the lid like an animal

Lid should be completely untight.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen

Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK *DELETED* [Re: poisoned]
    #26646202 - 05/03/20 02:49 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by butterflyaway

Reason for deletion: duplicate

--------------------

Offlinebutterflyaway
Kaleidoscope Queen

#26646318 - 05/03/20 03:42 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Is it possible to substitute Caro syrup for dextrose powder?

--------------------

Invisiblephil823
Deep Thinker

Loc: Middle Somewhere
    #26657965 - 05/08/20 05:30 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

PSA!!!! PSA!!! Should be obvious but i was retarded.....

Dont Put boiling hot Agar in a container with the Lid closed all the way into a Luke Warm water bath.... it'll go BOOM and you will be cleaning up Agar from every surface for an hour.....

InvisibleSir Pentinite
Stranger all the time.

Loc: ation Location Location
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: phil823]
    #26663045 - 05/10/20 07:10 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

That's because the large drop in temperature creates a vacuum and regular media bottles are not vacuum rated. That vacuum can also pull the lid onto the bottle and seal itself if it's not unscrewed enough. Maybe not common, but possible.

They don't always pop under vacuum, but they're even weaker and more dangerous under pressure. Just exercise due care and attention and it won't be a problem.

--------------------
"I thought to myself 'Boy, I'm sure glad there's nobody here to see this because this is exactly the sort of thing that gets people riled-up and they assume you're dying and that something has to be done. Where if you're alone, you know, you either come through it or you die, but in any case you avoid the fuss.'"
- Terrence McKenna

OfflineScorp1979
Stranger
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26663402 - 05/10/20 09:34 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you!

OfflineCTwalrus
Stranger

Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Scorp1979]
    #26685587 - 05/21/20 12:11 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

BOD !

Loooonnnggggggg time lurker, cultivator,  blah blah... i used to have an account but it seems to have been deleted,  i didn't touch it in over 5 years so...

Anyway, i like the tek, very simple,  wanted to ask an opinion question that apparently hasn't been addressed in the 3 years and 40 pages of this tek.

Where do you like to store your petri's after pour, and after innoc. How do you organize ?

Currently mine get wrapped with glad, then get labeled and stacked in a Tupperware all in front of a flow hood, then i can take the Tupperware out of the laminar flow and store in a closet.

I don't have any problems with my organization, but it's something that i feel i could improve upon. What do you do?

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you Flag
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: CTwalrus]
    #26743308 - 06/14/20 04:08 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Bit rusty forgive me but is the agar mix 2:1 agar:lme

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

Offlinejakeattack
Stranger
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #26755291 - 06/18/20 07:02 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hey probably going to try this tek out pretty soon. was wondering where to get the screw caps if you need more, everywhere i looked sells them for large packs, only wanted an extra or two.

OfflineSits
Shady Vagrant

Loc: Far Out
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26784420 - 06/26/20 11:26 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So I've tried the GSA method a few times now. I use the water from boiling the oats from Bod's Oat Prep Tek along with 8g of Agar Agar mixed and boiled, then PC'd for about 25 min at 15 PSI. I poured 20-30 plates each time at the right temp. everything seems according to plan at this point.

I noc'd these plates up with MS spore solutions from about 5 different syringes from 2 different sponsor sites (Reliable Spores and Sporeworks) using different methods like dropping straight on the agar, dropping on agar then smearing with a sterilized loop, dropping liquid into a dish first and then using a loop to smear it, etc.

The most recent batch is 10 days in and one syringe was clearly bacterial as I can see bacteria forming directly where the liquid was. The ones from the other site are pretty clean except for one case of satellite mold from my technique presumably. There is absolutely nothing growing on some of these plates after 10 days. What am I doing wrong?

Offlinewiggy959
Stranger
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: Sits]
    #26801743 - 07/03/20 04:00 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Ahoy brother Bod

Thanks for the time and effort you have put in your Easy AF teks, absolute legend 👊🏼 🤙🏼 🤘🏼

OfflineLaffy Taffy
Stranger
Re: BOD's Comprehensive Agar TEK [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26820342 - 07/13/20 12:37 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

This is def one of my favorite teks… your a boss bod

InvisiblePINHEAD69
:mushroom2:SWMD:mushroom2:
Male

Loc: Miami Flag
Re: pour agar TEK [Re: Laffy Taffy]
    #26857239 - 08/01/20 12:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

EXCELLENT!:mushroom2:

--------------------
:mushroom2::smirk::mushroom2:

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: PINHEAD69]
    #26950499 - 09/23/20 05:13 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

subbed

InvisibleMtbromo
The Bro

Re: pour agar TEK [Re: Mtbromo]
    #26953807 - 09/25/20 02:58 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Can you just shake the jar around to spread a few drops of MSS?

I'm thinking of a no pour tek then inject a few drops threw a silicone port for zero contam risk into my agar mini jars

--------------------
Knowledge and Healing in a Handful.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds