Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Stable Genius] * 1
    #26818334 - 07/11/20 09:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Not exactly. Stare decisis is about not reversing a binding decision from the same court.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Enlil]
    #26818455 - 07/11/20 11:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
The trial judge can't appeal anything. The court of appeal got it right. There's no chance the Supremes are going to do differently.

Why not. Don’t we have an adversarial legal system? Who has standing? My understanding is the trial judge wants the entire court to rule. What if he refuses to act?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: koods]
    #26818967 - 07/12/20 09:10 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Biden now has a significant lead in Texas. 5 points.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinemandrin13
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Socal
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: koods] * 1
    #26825682 - 07/15/20 05:40 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Did not expect Biden to outlast Kanye.

--------------------
Even Jesus got stoned.

OfflineVahn421
Awakening Moonlighter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: mandrin13]
    #26825705 - 07/15/20 05:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mandrin13 said:
Did not expect Biden to outlast Kanye.

LMAO!

Everyone, caption this:

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: mandrin13] * 1
    #26825712 - 07/15/20 06:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm voting for Biden, first time voting Democrat, I gotta register Democrat because I've been a registered Republican and voted Republican. It saddens me to vote for him but put country cannot take 4 more years of Trump.

Trump has completely given up fighting covid and never fought hard to begin with, utterly incapable of uniting anyone, incapable of easing racial tensions, has ruined countless lives by making the opioid national emergency a blanket ban without any discretion for the people that truly suffer and medically can't live a life of quality without it including veterans with ptsd and physical injuries, when he deported people initially when he took office a friend in my friend group had lived here all his life 21 years old,hard worker loved america,deported 2 weeks later murdered at random, I can go on and on but in short I don't think America can take 4 more years of this assclown. Has fucked up America more in 3 years then I've seen 8 year presidencies fuck things up.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Vahn421] * 1
    #26825714 - 07/15/20 06:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It’s his sons funeral

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: koods]
    #26825816 - 07/15/20 07:24 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac.
-Chazz Reinhold

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26825838 - 07/15/20 07:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
I'm voting for Biden, first time voting Democrat, I gotta register Democrat because I've been a registered Republican and voted Republican. It saddens me to vote for him but put country cannot take 4 more years of Trump.

Trump has completely given up fighting covid and never fought hard to begin with, utterly incapable of uniting anyone, incapable of easing racial tensions, has ruined countless lives by making the opioid national emergency a blanket ban without any discretion for the people that truly suffer and medically can't live a life of quality without it including veterans with ptsd and physical injuries, when he deported people initially when he took office a friend in my friend group had lived here all his life 21 years old,hard worker loved america,deported 2 weeks later murdered at random, I can go on and on but in short I don't think America can take 4 more years of this assclown. Has fucked up America more in 3 years then I've seen 8 year presidencies fuck things up.

You don't have to register Dem to vote for Biden.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 2
    #26825920 - 07/15/20 08:05 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:

You're going to be real disappointed when nothing changes under Biden. In fact, he'll likely cut social spending since he will have the perfect excuse to do so. Tax revenue is down significantly and deficits are exploding higher. Fiscal austerity is coming and Biden will deliver the bad news.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #26825924 - 07/15/20 08:06 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
Grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac.
-Chazz Reinhold

Come on the kid isn’t even that good looking

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: qman] * 1
    #26826798 - 07/16/20 11:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:

You're going to be real disappointed when nothing changes under Biden. In fact, he'll likely cut social spending since he will have the perfect excuse to do so. Tax revenue is down significantly and deficits are exploding higher. Fiscal austerity is coming and Biden will deliver the bad news.

Yeah I will be disappointed in a lot of ways but Trump has ruined many people's lives including mine so I'm already as disappointed as I can possibly be with him. Trump has ballooned our deficit also for much stupider things then healthcare.
However I'm tired of not knowing when I can start my life again,stop worrying bout my parents and friends dying simply because people don't want to wear masks and Biden would do that. I don't think Biden will be some golden age president he's just not dumb enough to urge states to reopen before it's safe killing people and grinding over 40 states back to a halt.

Also I disagree that Biden will be worse then Trump on social programs. It's pretty obvious that democrats are much more in favor of funding social aid. The Trump Administration cut Social Security Disability funds by almost 80% in the last 3 years this has led to my best friends 2 y/o Son, who has 40% brain function and they were told that due to budget cuts his son "wasn't disabled enough" due directly to trumps budget cuts. Basically I'm saying that I don't I think Joe Biden will be an amazing president but I do think he will reverse some of the most damaging policies Trump has instated that is destroying lives. It's a fucked up choice and I wasn't going to vote for Biden until I saw how horrible of a response Trump has had to covid. Just yesterday Florida official was interviewed and he said that Florida was "doing just fine" and was arguing about their rights to not wear masks but he added that if Trump word to tell everyone to wear masks he would do it and that's a big problem that WILL kill more people then need be. We are talking about life and death stakes now.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 2
    #26827156 - 07/16/20 02:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Biden tried to cut social spending including SS several times in his career.  He was a Reagan democrat back in the day and I see no indication that has changed in the intervening years.  The long term consequences of acquiescing to Biden now are potentially more grave for the people who live in this country than another Trump term.  Trump might hurt a lot of people right now, but another few decades of Reaganism will cause suffering for generations in the U.S.  That isn't even counting the suffering outside of the U.S., in which democrats and republicans alike have been complicit for at least *checks watch* 120 years or so.

As crazy as it sounds, it's probably the better long term play to vote 3rd party and let Trumpy keep fucking things up until the duopoly is broken and we can try to fix this gov't for realsies.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #26827271 - 07/16/20 03:53 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Let’s just let this incompetent moron kill so many people everyone finally agrees we should elect your dream candidate. Doesn’t sound sociopathic at all.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: koods] * 2
    #26827296 - 07/16/20 04:03 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Bernie is just a guy.  I thought he had a good shot at righting the ship for a few decades back when I believed that electoral politics could still save us.  I would have take anyone left of Bill Clinton, honestly, even though I just got done strongly implying that perpetuating the status quo via lesser-evilism is what got us to this point in the first place.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #26827970 - 07/16/20 10:52 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Who cares about Flynn?  Hillary Cunt is a traitor.  LOCK HER UP!

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: meltdowner]
    #26827987 - 07/16/20 11:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Still on the train, hu....

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #26828205 - 07/17/20 04:57 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Biden tried to cut social spending including SS several times in his career.  He was a Reagan democrat back in the day and I see no indication that has changed in the intervening years.  The long term consequences of acquiescing to Biden now are potentially more grave for the people who live in this country than another Trump term.  Trump might hurt a lot of people right now, but another few decades of Reaganism will cause suffering for generations in the U.S.  That isn't even counting the suffering outside of the U.S., in which democrats and republicans alike have been complicit for at least *checks watch* 120 years or so.

As crazy as it sounds, it's probably the better long term play to vote 3rd party and let Trumpy keep fucking things up until the duopoly is broken and we can try to fix this gov't for realsies.

The only thing I agree with in your post is "As crazy as it sounds".

It doesn't make any difference if you vote 3rd party. The butthurt Bernie's are not going to swing the election at all. Biden is going to win by a large margin without you. If you doubt that, bet me $20.  Ironically, for some people, Bernie is still, I will say enthusiastically more than optimistically, working with Biden. I don't know what's going to happen with that. I expect a little bit of good change but not much. The rich will be paying somewhat more taxes, and a couple other things.

Any progressive movement in the U.S., if it happens and I hope it does, is going to be incremental, not one fast blow.

IDK, we could be about to be going through a much bigger crisis than what we expected in March or April, If the shit hits the fan, I think it it is more likely that it goes right wing. I hope I'm wrong. The left has more people on the street, but the right has money and power.

Even if, and I expect it will, the Presidency and both houses of Congress go Democrat, it won't be a progressive Congress, but there will be inroads in that direction.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: Brian Jones] * 3
    #26828766 - 07/17/20 11:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I still am amazed any human being is actually willing to vote for either candidate.

I also miss the days when people kept who they voted for a secret. Can we bring that trend back please? :lol:

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Joe Biden? Really? [Re: koods] * 2
    #26834179 - 07/20/20 12:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Let’s just let this incompetent moron kill so many people everyone finally agrees we should elect your dream candidate. Doesn’t sound sociopathic at all.

by people do you mean people? Or do you mean ‘portion of US citizens I can sympathize with’

Biden has signed on to far more killing of people than Trump has, if that’s indeed your metric and not just a red herring.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale