Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #26814790 - 07/10/20 10:29 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Some people can't handle owning their own residence. And some people don't want to have the responsibility.

But if you're an adult doing a job a kid could do with no training then yea you absolutely shouldn't be making a living wage. You should make I need support or roommate wages

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #26814818 - 07/10/20 10:45 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Some people can't handle owning their own residence. And some people don't want to have the responsibility.

But if you're an adult doing a job a kid could do with no training then yea you absolutely shouldn't be making a living wage. You should make I need support or roommate wages

My father was a landlord for 30 years and he had to reject so many applicants because of lack of income, and I can assure you it wasn't just adults doing kids jobs. It was adults in professions that had wages that couldn't keep up with modest inflation. Also, his rent rates were below average because the units were very basic. So it wasn't a case of people applying over their heads for luxury living conditions.

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26814849 - 07/10/20 11:02 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

All jobs are something a kid could do with training.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #26814858 - 07/10/20 11:04 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yea no shit

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #26814862 - 07/10/20 11:07 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Then what’s your point genius?

These jobs need done and we don’t have enough child labor to do them all, so what’s the solution? Or is tens of millions of working families living in poverty not a problem in your opinion?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #26814985 - 07/10/20 11:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Apartments exist for a reason.

To keep the poor from building equity in their home like wealthier people can?  To ensure their money goes to someone rich enough to afford an entire apartment complex?

A home comes with a chunk of land and a lot of responsibility. You really shouldn't be tasked with the responsibility of that caliber if you're resume doesn't match.

What home owner responsibility are you referring to that a janitor couldn't handle?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: bodhisatta] * 5
    #26815051 - 07/10/20 12:21 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

That's just disgusting man.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineoculodextro
Male
Loc: Space is the Place
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Asante] * 6
    #26815159 - 07/10/20 01:11 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

That's America for you, "I got mine, so get fucked!"

OnlineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #26815289 - 07/10/20 02:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Apartments exist for a reason.

To keep the poor from building equity in their home like wealthier people can?  To ensure their money goes to someone rich enough to afford an entire apartment complex?

A home comes with a chunk of land and a lot of responsibility. You really shouldn't be tasked with the responsibility of that caliber if you're resume doesn't match.

What home owner responsibility are you referring to that a janitor couldn't handle?

It’s easier to infantilize the disadvantaged and neutralize any argument on their behalf.

“Slaves don’t want to be free they actually like working for me, it gives them purpose. Besides, they wouldn’t know what to do with their freedom anyway.”

--------------------

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: The Ecstatic] * 2
    #26816273 - 07/10/20 11:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Bod is just a shit posting edge lord :lol:

I worked for one of the largest research institutes in the us making 11 bucks
an hour and thought it was decent money since texas min wage is only $7.25, same as fed.

Worked 12hr shifts starting at 5am five days a week and an 8hr shift every other saturday and had
class every tuesday and thursday at 5:30pm.

Shit was a brutal time in life and even with all the overtime my pay still only amounted to $16-17 per hour.

Federal minimum wage being 7.25 is fucked up. I dont agree necessarily with 20,
but 7.25 is terrible and it's not even about the shit bod tries to make it about.

The fed minimum wage being so low gives big industry, like the largest research institute
in the south, an excuse to grossly under pay even for skilled labor

--------------------

InvisibleAnastomosis
Stranger

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: natedawgnow]
    #26816288 - 07/10/20 11:49 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The post has long ago been deleted, but when bod first became a member here, he detailed his job and the description was that of a janitor.  Hahaha. Guess he forgot where he came from. Bod, lol.

--------------------
"120mph with a trailer full of dogs and a truck full of drug addicts."

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Anastomosis] * 5
    #26817649 - 07/11/20 03:42 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in favor of a guaranteed unconditional basic income for everybody, upon which one can expand by ones line of work, but the bottom line, the basic income, should be comfortably survivable.

Want my take on capitalism?

If EVERYBODY has money to spend, all markets increase and businessmen thus can do more business.

If NOBODY has to struggle to survive, more brains are freed up to have GOOD IDEAS.

WE ALL BENEFIT.

The idea that people who for whatever reason can't work as fruitfully as most are not entitled to a basic ally decent standard of life is obscene to me. That some people have inferior work output does not make them inferior people.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Asante]
    #26818168 - 07/11/20 08:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

so basically Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26819267 - 07/12/20 11:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Seems to me that the biggest problem with modern capitalism is that the people at the top don't want more overall, they want a bigger piece of the pie. They are willing to hurt their own profits just so they can shrink the pie and have a bigger percentage.

Which is ultimately the long term goal of wealth.

Wealth comes in different flavors. At first, wealth is a direct measure of survival. Making more money means easier survival. That's why people get less stressed as they get richer, until they hit a point around 100k per year, and the stress reduction of not having to worry about money goes away.

After that, you have a new level of wealth. Survival is taken care of, so wealth becomes a measure of, I guess you could call it "thriving". Basically, your needs are met, and the leftovers are for buying fun toys to play with. Nice cars, boats, expensive vacations, cruises, those are all toys. That's wealth up until the tens of millions of dollars.

Once you're worth at least 9 figures (hundreds of millions) you reach a new level of wealth. It's not about buying toys at that point, you can buy every toy there is. It becomes a question of wealth as power, a way to shape the future of the world. More wealth is more influence. At this point, instead of buying yourself a toy, you can buy people and their allegiance. Usually, this is done by starting companies, or donating to political campaigns. Two very different yet equivalent people for this would be, say, Elon Musk and the Koch brother. Elon Musk is shaping the future of spaceflight, by virtue of being basically privatized NASA. Whether you agree with his mythos or not, his name is in the history books. The Koch brother isn't leading technological development, but is shaping the future of the US by buying the GOP. His name is also in the history books.

Problem is, when you reach the point of wealth is power, you don't want other people to get there, because that dilutes your own power. And, having recognized that the way to wealth as power is to skip the wealth as toys stage, your goal is to screw people over in a way that they never complete the wealth as survival stage. At the same time, you need to flaunt your toys so that the people that still manage to get to the toy stage waste their money on toys instead of becoming competition in the power stage.

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Kryptos]
    #26819505 - 07/12/20 02:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by c10h12n2o (07/12/20 02:03 PM)

InvisibleAnastomosis
Stranger

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26819545 - 07/12/20 02:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Lol

--------------------
"120mph with a trailer full of dogs and a truck full of drug addicts."

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Anastomosis]
    #26819557 - 07/12/20 02:24 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

minimum wage jobs are for teenagers and college students. If you're making minimum wage it's your own fault. The construction trades are in high demand right now so you can easily make real money. If you want a big paycheck then you need to provide real value. Even a monkey can work a cash register or make a hamburger. That's why those jobs don't pay anything.

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Shenmue]
    #26819565 - 07/12/20 02:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

You need to have a skill to make decent money. Learn how to weld or start building shit. It's not that difficult to get a skill. It just takes a little effort.

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: qman]
    #26819579 - 07/12/20 02:32 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Vahn421 said:
Minimum wage exists for 16 year olds.

If you're still making minimum as an adult, you haven't developed any actual life skills, so go stop playing video games and learn a talent.

Many people only make 10-20% more than the minimum wage, what's the reason for that outcome?  You do realize there's only so much need for educated and highly skilled labor?  What's your solution for dealing with the tens of millions that work low skilled jobs?

Its because they go to college for the most ridiculous shit! They want to do something interesting and fun. To make good money you have to do something difficult and hard!

InvisibleChinChiller
Male

Re: The Minimum Wage Machine [Re: Asante]
    #26819845 - 07/12/20 04:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

There is a third option, like industry wide collective bargaining agreements. May not be so popular in certain places though, nor very efficient..  :protest:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom