Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlienight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth
    #26816763 - 07/11/20 08:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, I received a Supa grow kit for free in the mail. I understand these kits are considered a terrible growing option here. All I would like to know is why so much cotton ball like growth on it after 11 days. I had some pinning that started about 5 days ago.They have turned into what looks like tiny mushrooms. Now all this white growth has taken over the kit and the little pins are covered in this and (to my beginner grower's eyes) look like they aborted. They look like they will soon be totally under the white stuff that I presume is just mycelium. Is it ok? will new mushrooms grow or will these little guys break through all the cotton ball like growth? It is 29º celsius today but in the house seems a bit cooler but still pretty warm.I am using a heat mat also and have misted daily. Any help is much appreciated.Peace

Edited by Alienight (07/11/20 08:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGoatrider
Rhythm Guitarist
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth [Re: Alienight]
    #26816830 - 07/11/20 09:11 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Get rid of that heat mat immediately,
or you will lead your kit to contam
or dangerous problems.

It`s getting way too hot in the kit.
You have 29°C already, it`s just warm enough.

Show us a pic of the GE/FAE-Filters in the bag,
for mostly they are nothing but worthless.

I suggest to poke some holes in the bag.

--------------------

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth [Re: Alienight]
    #26816843 - 07/11/20 09:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alienight said:
Hey guys, I received a Supa grow kit for free in the mail. I understand these kits are considered a terrible growing option here. All I would like to know is why so much cotton ball like growth on it after 11 days. I had some pinning that started about 5 days ago.They have turned into what looks like tiny mushrooms. Now all this white growth has taken over the kit and the little pins are covered in this and (to my beginner grower's eyes) look like they aborted. They look like they will soon be totally under the white stuff that I presume is just mycelium. Is it ok? will new mushrooms grow or will these little guys break through all the cotton ball like growth? It is 29º celsius today but in the house seems a bit cooler but still pretty warm.I am using a heat mat also and have misted daily. Any help is much appreciated.Peace

Looks like the pins are reverting back to mycelium. Are you getting enough moisture and air to the sub?

29c is fine for fruiting although I try to aim between 18-24c.

Never use a heating pad....that's just asking for trouble.

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineAlienight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth [Re: Goatrider]
    #26817091 - 07/11/20 11:14 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanx for reply. The bag has holes. I turn off the heat mat during the day and hotter hours. Only turn it on at night if it gets a but chilly . I live in northern portugal and the tem oscilates a bit.

Edited by Alienight (07/11/20 11:20 AM)

OfflineAlienight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth [Re: Tormato]
    #26817102 - 07/11/20 11:18 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanx for reply. I open bag once a day sometimes twice. The heat mat is only for when it gets colder at night. In Northern Portugal temperature oscilates a lot. I need a thermometer because I don't know my room temp. Hope it goes back to fruiting.

InvisibleGoatrider
Rhythm Guitarist
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
    #26817145 - 07/11/20 11:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

In the end it's up to you to use a heating mat.

But let me tell you, that no one here uses such a mat.
Lower temps slow things down a bit, but won't harm.

--------------------

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth [Re: Goatrider]
    #26817164 - 07/11/20 11:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Most people just use a space heater in a closet if they want to heat things up. Unless you're growing panaeolus cyanescens I wouldn't worry about heat.

OfflineAlienight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Noob Question about weird pinning and cotton ball like growth [Re: Shenmue]
    #26817182 - 07/11/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I will no longer turn the heat pad on. It will go up to 32º celsius this week. I might even have to try to cool the room with a fan. I need a thermometer. I hope it doesn't stop fruiting. Thanx for the reply

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
    #26817509 - 07/11/20 02:32 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

As long as it's over 70°F you'll be fine..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies