Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCountCockula
Von Barron
Female

Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms
    #26815718 - 07/10/20 05:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Greetings I hope this message finds you well.
I have a question about whether the side effects I'm experiencing are normal for Mazatepec strain. I grew at home first time grower. I did my best to follow sterile techniques and didn't notice any contamination on the shrooms that were grown in a monotub. After harvesting I washed them and dehyrdated them in electric dehydrator till cracker dry. I used a scale to measure out 1 gram which is very small for dry dosage. It has been a long time since I tripped on shrooms I'm 40 yrs old and the last time I was in my twenties and had zero side effects from my memory. Back then we most likely took dried P Cubensis. So this time my body is older and it's a different strain...Myself and my wife took 1 gram each as a test. About 1 and a half hours later we both started to feel a little sick, heart palpitations, My blood pressure went to 150/90 usually its at like 125/70. We both felt very tired and weak and dizzy, similar to when you get the flu. She said her breath was shallow. Overall it was very uncomfortable feeling that lasted through the peak and then as I came down the sickness feeling also started to go away till I felt normal again about 4 hours after taking it. When I was younger I never felt so weak and dizzy and like I needed to sit down on couch. During the peak I also saw wood pattern in floor moving and the room expanded longer and then contracted shorter again. I was not expecting that much visuals for only 1 gram and admittedly I was slightly nervous as it had been 20 years since I dosed. The sick feeling lasted pretty much the whole trip with it ramping up and coming down matching the peak of the trip.

My questions are is this totally normal side effects for Maz and P Cubensis is just less a body sick trip feeling, or am I just old and this is what shrooms feel like in a 40yr old body lol. Is this indication of contamination or shrooms are not clean/safe? Also if I decide to dose higher like 2 grams is the sick feeling going to increase with dosage or stay the same with better trip experience?

Other differences I noticed was that when I tripped on P Cubensis in past there was a euphoric feeling. I didn't get that at all this time with Mazatapec, there were some neat visuals but mostly it effected my thoughts. My wife called them honest mushrooms because they showed her the truth in things. At one point she was laughing hysterically and then a moment later she started crying, She even got really angry at one point. As a side note tripping with your wife is very different than tripping with friends. I guess I was never concerned as much about my friends safety. This is something I will have to overcome if we trip together again. The trip for me felt sick a bit like I was mildly poisoned and my brain was displaying the world in a different manner of truth, but didn't give me a euphoric feeling or a funny laughy feeling like I remember tripping when I was younger. Perhaps Maz is just different feeling or I'm different cause I'm older now or they are contaminated or something...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by CountCockula (07/10/20 07:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoshambastic21
Goober
Male User Gallery

Loc: Omicron-Persei 8
Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: CountCockula]
    #26815755 - 07/10/20 06:14 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Good evenin friend!

Don't worry too much about strains and contamination, as far as I know, a cube is a cube, and I know exactly where you're coming from lol

That feeling alone is why I'm sometimes hesitant to trip. Shakey and weak and such. And in my experience higher doses DO indeed usually lead to more body weakness and nausea. But there things you can do to combat it

If you were on an empty stomach, I could see how it hit a little harder than normal. Try eating a light clean meal before or during to dillute the absorption into your stomach. I've found Vitamin C, along with ginger or lemon, can help calm the stomach and help you feel less lethargic. Also, try to breathe deeply and comfortably, though it may feel like an elephant is on your chest :grin:

Again, you needn't worry about contamination or strain differences, we as people change and it's not always easy to accurately measure how much psilocybin we ingest.

Good luck man, and just hang on! :heart:

--------------------
Keep it Secret.

Keep it Safe.

InvisibleCountCockula
Von Barron
Female

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: Roshambastic21]
    #26815792 - 07/10/20 06:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your response Roshambastic21. :heart: Your tips are helpful. So it sounds like the weak, dizzy, elephant on chest is normal side effect (especially prior to peaking). I may try to take slightly less next time and see how I feel. At least I will know to expect it the next time. I'm starting to think the ones I grew are quite potent (or the cheap digital scale I bought is reading lighter than really is).

In the past I took LSD many times but only shroomed a few times prior and I definitely don't remember the sick feeling from either. With LSD I do recall sweating bullets, nervousness, and confusion, and sensation that I forgot to breathe a few times, but the body feeling seemed a lot cleaner where as the Mazatapec mushrooms kind of feels like I've poisoned myself for about 4 hours + the enlightenment and mild visuals as a trade off. :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineCrashTest
Stay Learning

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: CountCockula]
    #26815828 - 07/10/20 06:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

That sounds like a trip alright lol.

You can see if your scale is accurate by placing a nickel on it and that should weigh 5.0g

--------------------
:mushroom2: this account is automated, any posts related to activities or advice thereof are strictly opinions from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only - CrashTest2020:mushroom2:

InvisibleCountCockula
Von Barron
Female

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: CrashTest]
    #26815902 - 07/10/20 07:38 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this and the scale reads the nickel coin differently each time i take it off and put it back on. 4.7, 4.9, 5.0, 4.8... So its sometimes off by 0.3. Pretty crappy scale I might invest in a better one.

--------------------

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #26816374 - 07/11/20 01:32 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

There’s nothing specific about Mazatapec that would give you any problems. For me,,out of all the cubensis strains I’ve tried, Mazatapec gives the greatest body load, and also the greatest feelings of euphoria. It is a sublime and very spiritual, mystical experience.

The blood pressure is not directly caused by mushrooms, it is more likely to be caused by your anxiety. If anything, mushrooms will lower blood pressure, not raise it.

And 1g bro, that’s nothing, and I wouldn’t expect great things. Next time you need to try at least 3g each, because Mazatapec is also known for being on the weak side of the cubensis strains.

And the feelings of nausea, you need to take a tea, and not ingest any of the mushroommmaterial. I have never had nausea in 35 years of drinking tea. I tried a microdose last weekend for the first time, and it wa also the first time I have ever eaten a mushroom. 0.2g dry stalk, gave me intense stomach ache, and underlying horrible nausea for the rest of the day.

Good,luck
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26818774 - 07/12/20 06:12 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I think the 1 gm was too low a dose for you to properly evaluate but low enough to get all of the gut sensations and few of the lovelies.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #26822018 - 07/13/20 10:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CountCockula said:
My questions are is this totally normal side effects for Maz and P Cubensis is just less a body sick trip feeling, or am I just old and this is what shrooms feel like in a 40yr old body lol. Is this indication of contamination or shrooms are not clean/safe? Also if I decide to dose higher like 2 grams is the sick feeling going to increase with dosage or stay the same with better trip experience?

Re the age thing, fuck no to that.  I've tripped most of my life now :laugh2: and it only really got better past 40 on account of being more centered or experienced.  Fitness matters a huge amount as well, so pay attention to how your body feels when you're not tripping.

I don't think you want to eat them, that gives me nausea.  Tea is the way to go, and fresh is better as well.

That said, different strains have different effects and every time you grow them you'll get slightly different results, so you may have to go back to that well and try different varities.  Mazatapec reports indicate they can be kind of difficult it seems, but that's tough to determine just due to individual grow variations.  They should be plenty rewarding if you go fresh and go tea and don't fight them. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26823135 - 07/14/20 01:51 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I went Mazatapec, haven't tripped in decades.  It was super smooth and beautiful.  Very intense open eye visuals in the daytime.

It was fresh, tea, and I didn't fight it... although in this one personal experience it didn't feel there was much to fight.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: InfiniteDreams]
    #26823148 - 07/14/20 01:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

99% of my trips were on cubes and one on liberty cap. Every single trip was vastly different. Even when I started growing and I was taking prints and growing those. There seems to be no difference aside from the contents of the trip.

I had an oz of b+ that I went on 4 trips with over the course of 6 months and everytime it was bizarre. But nothing I can attribute to the b+.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: InfiniteDreams]
    #26823218 - 07/14/20 02:37 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

InfiniteDreams said:
I went Mazatapec, haven't tripped in decades.  It was super smooth and beautiful.  Very intense open eye visuals in the daytime.

It was fresh, tea, and I didn't fight it... although in this one personal experience it didn't feel there was much to fight.

I had my first trip this year from Mazatapec. It was from 55g fresh mushrooms, which I calculated as equivalent to 3.1g dry (almost 95% water). It was the most intense yet most welcoming and blissful trip I can remember for years. I now get why people say these are very spiritual, yet slightly on the weak side.

I recommend :thumbup:

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineCegda
Mentat
Male User Gallery

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26867203 - 08/06/20 07:58 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

count, I'm growing 2 strains right now (mazatapec and eq), and I totally notice a difference. The maza hit me like you described.. lots of anxiety too. A week later I ate some eq and it was very happy.  The week after that more maza and same thing..

Both maza trips were like riding a wave of nasuea and anxiety.

That's just my experience though, a lot of people love maza

--------------------
“What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?”

-Orange Catholic Bible,
    -from Frank Herbert's Dune

Edited by Cegda (08/06/20 07:59 PM)

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: Cegda]
    #26867235 - 08/06/20 08:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

My recent trip on Mazatapec was from fresh shrooms made into tea.  It was amazingly smooth.  Strong too.  Daytime, full on multi-layered OEVs making walking difficult at times.

No anxiety, no nausea.

Lots of Ecuadors back in the day.  Plenty of anxiety ridden trips.  Plenty of awesome ones as well.

OfflineCegda
Mentat
Male User Gallery

#26867312 - 08/06/20 08:44 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

That's weird. I'm not giving up on the mazas, and in fact I have a box pinning right now. As well as some agar on grain growing. 

Also, while my maza experiences weren't my most enjoyable trips, I do feel that they were worthwhile.

Cloned from a nice cluster from my first grow (the mazatapecs).

Put on wbs 4 days ago. First agar to spawn transfer too actually. 

Edited by Cegda (08/06/20 08:47 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: Cegda]
    #26867389 - 08/06/20 09:25 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

It's all about isolation, really.  Any strain can yield fruits with amazing results, and the reverse as well, when isolated.

I mean it's simple, you grow, and test, and clone or isolate, and propagate the ones you like the best.  This is how I always have come up with my favorite cultivars that never disappoint.  Well, that and a bit of luck as well. :laugh2:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #26867403 - 08/06/20 09:36 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Waiting on some Chitwan - Nepal cube prints.  I’m excited to cultivate & taste the fruit of my labor  :cool:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Westworld
Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26867635 - 08/07/20 04:41 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Waiting on some Chitwan - Nepal cube prints.  I’m excited to cultivate & taste the fruit of my labor  :cool:

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. The Chitwans I grew were the most potent non-PE cubes I’ve grown thus far. Although I had the worst trip of my life off 1g of them.

--------------------

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26867737 - 08/07/20 07:01 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

first of all, i would never wash cubensis mushrooms after harvesting them. they are perfectly clean coming out of your cake. if you wash them, you might cause some of the sensitive psilocin to oxidize. some protein might deteriorate as well. this in fact goes for all mushrooms - cleaning is best done by patting them with wet paper tissue, not by holding them under running water.

also, i would air dry them in a carton at room temperature for 1 week. by drying them too quickly, they might lose potency or some alkaloids might decompose, eventually causing some undesirable effects. the latter is just my personal guess but it's possible. eating stained mushrooms that weren't handled or dried probably has given me some allergic skin reactions before...

mazatapec is a fine strain, but not the strongest one. if you want a nice but easy trip, eat 2 grams. instead of eating them, you can also brew them into a tea (soak them in freshly squeezed lemon juice before brewing to make the tea hit faster (psilocybin to psilocin conversion via ascorbic acid))

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Edited by epilectric (08/07/20 08:30 AM)

InvisibleInfiniteDreams
Male

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: epilectric]
    #26868092 - 08/07/20 10:35 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Washing shrooms off is fine.  It may be to cleanse off substrate (vermiculite or coir remnants) or spores if they dropped.  Be gentle with the shrooms and there won't be any significant impact.

Best way to dry is quickly with heat.  Get a food dehydrator, run at 165F and have cracker dry shrooms in several hours.  This preserves potency.  Decrease in potency occurs due to enzymatic action when the drying process is drawn out.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Question about trip side effects for home grown Mazatapec mushrooms [Re: epilectric]
    #26868225 - 08/07/20 11:57 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

epilectric said:
first of all, i would never wash cubensis mushrooms after harvesting them. they are perfectly clean coming out of your cake. if you wash them, you might cause some of the sensitive psilocin to oxidize. some protein might deteriorate as well. this in fact goes for all mushrooms - cleaning is best done by patting them with wet paper tissue, not by holding them under running water.

also, i would air dry them in a carton at room temperature for 1 week. by drying them too quickly, they might lose potency or some alkaloids might decompose, eventually causing some undesirable effects. the latter is just my personal guess but it's possible. eating stained mushrooms that weren't handled or dried probably has given me some allergic skin reactions before...

mazatapec is a fine strain, but not the strongest one. if you want a nice but easy trip, eat 2 grams. instead of eating them, you can also brew them into a tea (soak them in freshly squeezed lemon juice before brewing to make the tea hit faster (psilocybin to psilocin conversion via ascorbic acid))

Washing doesn't hurt them at all (for preserving as tea).  Unless you're gonna dry them, in which case washing isn't such a great idea.  Just scrape off the verm on their feet. 

Also if drying you want to dry them as quickly as possible, in a dehydrator, to preserve the actives at best levels, though psilocin content will always suffer from drying IME.  In a fridge though they'll keep fresh for up to a week with minor degradation of potency, but the taste will go increasingly off over time.

For tea from fresh the ideal way, although not always convenient, is to harvest them and immediately clean them and process them into tea. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds