Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLight
Stranger
Aneurysm Caused by Shrooms ?
    #2681508 - 05/15/04 09:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hello there,

Last night two of my friends and I consumed (fresh) 10 grams of Mexicana Cubensis, and 5 grams of Original Mexicana Truffles.

I have spoken to one of the friends, but not the other about a very worrying experience I had. He said he did not have these symptoms, though I have not spoken to the other about it.

During the onset of each 'wave' of the trip, I felt a rushing of chemicals / blood? in my brain which gave me a stabbing pain in my head. This 'stabbing' effect continued for hours after the trip, and later on, I just wanted it to go away. It continues for maybe 6-7 hours after consumption, but this morning has gone away.

I am extremely concerned that, through moronically taking these things, I have caused an aneurysm in my brain to develop, or perhaps even more fatally - rupture....

I would like to know if anyone has had similar experiences to what I have described there, or if this is unatural and potentially worrying ?

If i had known that there was even the slightest risk of developing an aneurysm through taking this drug, I wouldn't have, though my research was obviously insufficient ?

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Aneurysm Caused by Shrooms ? [Re: Light]
    #2682301 - 05/15/04 02:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Don't worry about it. I've never heard of shrooms causing an aneurysm! I'm also going to guess that if they had, in fact, caused an aneurysm...you would not be here right now telling us about it :smirk:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

Invisibleadrug

#2682907 - 05/15/04 05:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

An aneurysm is a weak spot in a blood vessel. I don't see how shrooms could cause that. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2682997 - 05/15/04 06:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you had had an aneurism, you would have been on the floor passed out and vomiting.

An Aneurism is when the blood vessel, like adrug said, weakend and bursts...when something like this happens you arent gonna be walking around.

ive had that extreme sharp head pain that you are talking about before while shrooming, cant explain why, but it was gone by the next day :P

hehe

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Edited by Kremlin (05/15/04 06:28 PM)

OfflineLight
Stranger
    #2683071 - 05/15/04 06:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the reply, you're the first person who has talked about sharp head pains during shrooming so that is comforting !

Ok well thanks for the advice. I was probably paranoid...

But how about this question :
Do shrooms raise the blood pressure to a level that is higher than normal, (ie through everyday physical excersise)? As if this was the case, then surely shrooms could either aggrovate an allready existing aneurysm or trigger the development of one, where the user had a pre disposition ?

It's just that for me, I would expect the shrooms to relase chemicals which get sent to the brain reasonably steadily, and that is why I am worried about my experience - I experienced bursts of{*PAIN*) and after these bursts everything would look slightly different, it felt exactly as if these bursts of pain were correlated with the chemicals rushing into my brain, and this is why I am worried that perhaps what was happening was more along the line of either :

1.( If chemical release is gradual from shrooms)
Increased blood pressure overall, caused pressure on existing aneurysm which gave off burts of pain.. wave like symptoms following bursts of pain were caused by the effects associated with aggrovated aneurysms (sufferers of this condition do get trip like effects)

2. (If chemical realise is infact in 'chunks' )
Blood pressure increases with the chunks, and this is why I felt like I had BURST OF PAIN --> wave, etc

Just some paranoid thoughts perhaps, but I was a little fraked out by this very peculiar pain which felt like blood flowing or something from deep within my head....( and I haven't spoken to a shroomer which said this)...

However, if it is NOT the case that shrooms elevate the blood pressure to a non standard level, then I am more than happy to accept that the possibility is negligable that shrooms could aggrevate or cause this condition...

Edited by Light (05/15/04 06:50 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2683162 - 05/15/04 07:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I used to get "bursts of pain" randomly in my head while shrooming, but it was just like a spikey headache.

I don't get them anymore for some reason.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2686430 - 05/16/04 02:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Pschadelics effects definatly seem to hit me in waves. I could see them waves spiking blood pressure, and bloodpressure overall defintly goes up in me. (although i have gotten times on shrooms where i start to yawn a lot and get light headed from blood pressure).

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLight
Stranger
    #2686897 - 05/16/04 04:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

See this is what worries me... if I had some kind of aneurysm then it is perfectly logical given my experience and what you said, about the waves, that the blood pressure increase associated with the onset of each wave aggrovated my anneurysm

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2687431 - 05/16/04 05:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, it is possible, but unlikely. If you had an aneurysm, and it was weak enough to burst just be an increase in blood pressure from shrooms, then it probably would've burst before then.

I think you were just tripping really hard and the word aneurysm popped into your head, so you became obsessed with it  :smirk: It happens quite a lot I notice, it's much easier to think of ridiculous things while tripping
:regularshroom:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinemojuice
bored

#2687704 - 05/16/04 06:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I felt those same pains. I felt like it was necesarry to get through to fully appreciate the shrooms. Might have something to do with a pain of ego loss. I no longer experience it ever. I associate it with the no pain no gain and see it as a forced stigma upon those who are not ready to except the death of their current state of mind.

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2699334 - 05/19/04 01:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I can't recall hearing anything about a connection between aneursyms & shrooming. Maybe if you remain relatively calm in the journey, you'll be ok. It could have been a cranial muscular contraction causing the pain too.

OfflineLight
Stranger
Re: Aneurysm Caused by Shrooms ? [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2705773 - 05/20/04 03:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe ? Haha.

I went to the doctor and he thought it was very unlikely that I have developed an aneurysm due to my age etc..

Basically, I experienced a very bad migraine - now what is interesting - is that I have never experienced on of these before yet the magic mushrooms set one off for me.

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #2705826 - 05/20/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It most likely had a psychological cause, rather than being caused by any constituents of the mushrooms. It is quite possible for all sorts of physical symptoms to manifest from the subconscious while on psychedelics - rashes, muscle cramps, spasms, tics etc.. Of course you have no way of knowing for sure, and there aren't many psychedelic therapists around...

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

OnlineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2716551 - 05/22/04 11:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Mushrooms increase one's blood pressure. I take a daily medication - Prinivil - which maintains my pressure at 120/80, but I have experienced a band of pressure around my head. I've had one counselee die in the 9th grade from a crack-induced ruptured aneurysm, but I haven't heard a direct cause from mushrooms. If you don't have a history of migraine (and are unfamiliar with the most common symptoms) there is more reason for concern. Migraines are often desribed as stabbing pain, knife-in-the-eye, etc. I had them frequently for about 10 years, and they pretty much went away after I got divorced (no joke). I found that alcohol, too much chocolate (like rocky-road ice cream), a caffeine withdrawal headache, a nasal decongestant wearing off, and the emotion of resentment were all triggers of migraine. If you really get concerned, take an MRI as an aneurysm should provide a visible white bulge to a radiologist/neurologist. Better to know than not know.

OfflineShroomsSaveLives
Stranger
    #24227116 - 04/08/17 08:30 AM (2 months, 14 days ago)

Hi there. I have had a ruptured brain aneurysm. It was caused by high blood pressure. Recently I had an appointment with my neurosurgeon and I told him that I would love to do shrooms again. He cautioned me only if they increase blood pressure. Otherwise, he thanked me for my honesty. I'm not sure if they caused your headache and pain or not but I would be curious if you've had any pains like that again or if you've had an MRI? Take care of yourself.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
Re: Aneurysm Caused by Shrooms ? [Re: ShroomsSaveLives]
    #24227137 - 04/08/17 08:53 AM (2 months, 14 days ago)

Your first post is a 12 year old bump. You're only supposed to bump dental threads.

--------------------
What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

-John Heisman

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

-Scam Newton

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
The Motherfucking Sandwich Queen
Female User Gallery

Re: Aneurysm Caused by Shrooms ? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #24230950 - 04/09/17 08:34 PM (2 months, 12 days ago)

This is actually an interesting post though. I did not realize that mushrooms raised blood pressure. Not sure why I didn't since it causes vasoconstriction...

But my last 2 trips were extremely uncomfortable. I rode it out both times but they were not fun and did not do fun things to my mental health. My blood pressure is normally high and spikes very easily. I wonder if that largely contributed to my discomfort... Cuz both times it was my body that bothered me and triggered the bad things in my head that I could not get away from.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being