Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMuckPeddler
Stranger

Starting agar tips!
    #26813237 - 07/09/20 04:17 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Heyyooooo, so previously I was attempting the pf tek method and I found that it was difficult to have as much control over contamination. So I thought that I would give agar an attempt (also looks like you can produce more this way?)! I was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance on agar or links!! I am also just confused about what you do with the agar to get it to grow into mushrooms. Like do you put it in a grain spawn? And then does it go into a monotub? Any help is appreciated :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: Starting agar tips! [Re: MuckPeddler]
    #26813285 - 07/09/20 04:45 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

InvisibleGoatrider
Rhythm Guitarist
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Starting agar tips! [Re: MuckPeddler]
    #26813294 - 07/09/20 04:49 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, agar is the holy grail.

You put spores on it,
in first instance you clean them up with transfers to another agar plate,
to be sure you get rid of contams in the spores.
If you have healthy myc on plates, you transfer to grains, let colonize,
then to monotubs or shoeboxes, what you want.

Powerful weapon  :cookiemonster:

--------------------

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Smile
 User Gallery

Re: Starting agar tips! [Re: coAsTal]
    #26813302 - 07/09/20 04:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

You germinate spores on an agar plate, then transfer the mycelium to a new plate to watch it grow out and make sure it's clean. Sometimes you will need to make multiple transfers.

Once you have a clean culture you can put it straight to grains, or to an LC or an LI. Then you just use those grains to spawn to bulk.

Then when you have some mushrooms growing you can clone a couple by tearing open the stem and putting a clean piece of tissue from inside on a new agar plate, transfer, repeat the process.

Agar allows you to see whats germinating before it's actually in your grain spawn, so you're not shooting spores in and hoping. You can also save cultures with agar in a slant once you find good clones.

--------------------
Sour grapes, sweet revenge
Heaven starts right where hell ends

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck