Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | Next > | Last >
OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26811375 - 07/08/20 05:25 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

All the tamps I’ve grown have had wavy caps. Not sure if it’s a strain specific or enviro thing but all looked like that. Those pics are atl7 tho.

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (07/08/20 05:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26811413 - 07/08/20 05:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Oh ok cool that makes me feel better. All my caps look just like that right now. I wonder why they get like 5x longer with no light. It’s making me wonder if potency is different now. Cuz this run with the lights they are significantly smaller than the no light ones.

Now I gotta do more atl to get those caps. I’m loving stone producers I can’t wait to grain this Jalisco.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Male

#26811423 - 07/08/20 05:49 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I am running a lot of jalisco right now and I can’t wait to fruit them. That was the last of the atl7 I’m running the rest is all jalisco. I haven’t fruited them yet. From what I’ve seen they look really cool though

--------------------

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26811428 - 07/08/20 05:52 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

It’s funny you said those look like Tamps though because the couple atl7 isolates I ran all looked different. Some with light caps, some with dark and some that look kinda like tamps. The current belief right now is that gallindoi atl7 are just a var. of tampanensis.

This isolate had lighter caps

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (07/08/20 05:55 PM)

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26811431 - 07/08/20 05:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
I wonder why they get like 5x longer with no light. It’s making me wonder if potency is different now. Cuz this run with the lights they are significantly smaller than the no light ones.

Think of it this way-- you're a mushroom in the wild-- growing on the forest floor. Leaves above, no real light. How high do you grow in order to spread your spores?

High enough to reach the light-- meaning you are above impeding ground detrius, exposed to breeze, spreading your love far and wide...

If it's dark, they just keep going up, trying to find the light.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal]
    #26811440 - 07/08/20 05:58 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Makes sense so once they reach the light the cap gets bigger and they start spore production. That’s why mine stayed small with bigger caps because they were in high light the whole time. So if one were to stay low light for the first couple days and then high light when they got tall enough then you should get bigger caps.

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#26811475 - 07/08/20 06:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I suspect so-- I wish some of the guys growing dozens of tubs all the time would spend a little more time trying out more structured lighting experiments. The blue wavelength seems to help with good straight growth anecdotally, but it's still hard to prove since few do it.

I'll be using the Blue/white lights if I can ever get some successful transfers and clean plates.
I made a separate thread about it but nobody's answered there yet-- what do you guys think about these Galindoi trays-- they're 5 days old today. Left pic is 1 day after transfer, right was this afternoon:
They look like little cotton balls with the mycelium flattening out as it extends outward.
I purposely used as small of a transfer as possible to isolate as well as I could.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26811501 - 07/08/20 06:31 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah the light thing makes sense but now I’m gonna have to run a clone in low light and bright light to see if potency is different. If not Tamps are one where you get way more yield with insufficient light.

Those are how my plates started off too. I was worried it had bacteria or something at first but then the myc stopped making a puff ball and took off pretty fast.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
    #26811574 - 07/08/20 07:06 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nosf3r4tu said:
I use LI and in 6 days the grains are completely covered in myc. In 2 weeks stones start to form.
The only time I shake is right after inoculation.

Same. Too fast to benefit from shake

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:

All the tamps I’ve grown have had wavy caps. Not sure if it’s a strain specific or enviro thing but all looked like that. Those pics are atl7 tho.

Probably not enough light. It's weird how the caps are only really printable w tons of light

I havent seen a potency difference from light but definitely a huge one in terms of fruit morphology and printability

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#26811576 - 07/08/20 07:08 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting, I'm not familiar with any potency variation being found by different light provisions, only the growth size/straightness but I'd be excited to see someone with a true clone do a side-by-side either way.
I will be using either a 4 or 6 watt LED bar inside the box on a timer-- I like that it's both bright white and blue LED's, so it should be optimal.

I know it isn't required to have anything but ambient light, but I'll probably be keeping my box in a closet out of the way, so I'll need interior lighting anyway-- why not provide what the science says is ideal?

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26811593 - 07/08/20 07:19 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:It's weird how the caps are only really printable w tons of light

But wouldn't it make sense if the caps receive the light, letting them know that they are exposed to the sky, meaning that they can spread their spores freely.

I wonder if all the people with those little retarded 1/4 inch caps could try some good lighting that may help develop the proper structure.

In darkness, if they always think they're covered up with ground clutter (as darkness might probably imply in natural habitats), then they might simply reserve the energy of producing larger caps and spores for when they break into the daylight... except with shitty lighting they never do.
On the opposite side, too much light could stunt and thicken growth, since there would be no reason to get too tall if the shroom thinks it's broken into full sun right away. Could explain the midgets-- and why some of them seem to do better with just the blue. Perhaps there's a sweet spot for different types-- Mex, Pans, Cubes-- all with their own ideal light intensity that is keyed to their genetic background conditions. I wish some of the heavy hitters could spend a little more time on it.
Light matters more than people think...especially if you imagine why a mushroom opens above ground (and how it knows to do so)

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26811595 - 07/08/20 07:22 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I’m only on my first tamp grow but the first flush had ambient light from a window and got pretty tall, I had a few around ten inches.

I got huge led bars right when the second flush started and set them up around the Tamps shoebox so they’re being blasted with light during the days. So far they look similar to that pic celestial posted. Short thick and curly caps.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#26811606 - 07/08/20 07:30 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Fascinating-- seems to match the notion that high light inhibits tall thin growth and favors shorter thicker forms.

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

#26811612 - 07/08/20 07:33 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

On a prior note... I wonder if these hard-to-spore print types might benefit from higher intensity lighting at a late stage, say right as they're reaching full size.

My light bars dim as well, so maybe using them at half intensity for pinning through full size then full light at the end to trigger sporulation.

Just musing-- I'm no mycologist--

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

#26811626 - 07/08/20 07:46 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

A.k.a said:
I’m only on my first tamp grow but the first flush had ambient light from a window and got pretty tall, I had a few around ten inches.

I got huge led bars right when the second flush started and set them up around the Tamps shoebox so they’re being blasted with light during the days. So far they look similar to that pic celestial posted. Short thick and curly caps.

Was that the genetics from me?

Btw i left town for a week and put a shoebox of my prolific fruiting isolate into my pan chamber and came home to this hahaha

--------------------

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26811732 - 07/08/20 09:27 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Funny thing is Cube sub used or contamed if thrown out in a shady spot in the yard and then mulch thrown over it a couple weeks and good rains later I’ve dug up full sized mushrooms that grew and the cap fully opened completely underground. Just today I dug up a really good pinset and some 4 and 5in cubes.

--------------------

Male

#26811739 - 07/08/20 09:31 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

These were completely underground no light at all. But I’ve also dug up full sized ones that look
Like they were grown above ground.

--------------------

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26811832 - 07/08/20 10:55 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Dude that culture is incredible. It’s the tamp version of the pictures early in this thread of the wall to wall atl7 canopy.

--------------------
LAGM2020

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
    #26811848 - 07/08/20 11:12 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

For me 1st flush tamps don't print well but 2nd flush nearly all of them will as they get meatier. 12/12 light cycle with tons of RH.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Grimsweeper]
    #26811849 - 07/08/20 11:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

255g wet after trimming (super sloppy, just cut off the bottom 1-1.5 inches of clusters, probably woulda been over 300g if id carefully cleaned em

Btw i met a fucking legend recently, shared my cultures w them. Gonna have something fuckin insane to show you soon :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder