Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineILoveCowShit
TranscendentalistShroomer

Loc: ATL shawdy dont disrespek...
lawns and mushrooms
    #2680699 - 05/15/04 01:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i read a post from mj saying that ps. stuzii spores can be exposed to liquid fertilizers or topsoils and grow by the thousands in lawns. could this be done with say ps. weilii, if i perhaps found a strain, laid a plot of grass and thouroughly maintained it, and introduced spores into the fertilizer or soil? could it possibly be done with any other psychoactive species friendly to atlanta weather. i really think im autistic or sumthing, all this business with cultivation, and casings, and jars, and pressure cookers, and contamination gives me a fucking headache just thinking about it. i have no clue how someone as "special" as me could ever carry a colossal project like such out. the lawn idea just seems muuch more simple. pleeeassee help. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineILoveCowShit
TranscendentalistShroomer

Loc: ATL shawdy dont disrespek...
Re: lawns and mushrooms [Re: ILoveCowShit]
    #2680708 - 05/15/04 02:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

damnit. im really sorry yall. i was searching through the hunting forum and read mj's post on the lawns and stuff and just forgot to move to the cultivation forum before adding this post. sorry, it wont happen again. if some wiz on here knows how to move it that would be greatly appreciated. if not, just close it i understand. peace

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
    #2680727 - 05/15/04 02:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'll move it to cult for ya.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure anyone knows what weilii grows from yet. They grow in a variety of habitats, so the source is kinda confusing. While they have been cultivated indoors, the process for indoor cultivation is pretty hardcore. As far as doing something like transplanting mycelium goes... maybe it will work. Not sure. Perhaps the guys in the cult forums will know.

In the long run it'll probably be A LOT easier(or more rewarding) to grow cubensis than it would be to mess with moving weilii around. It's not as hard as it seems from what I understand.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2681519 - 05/15/04 09:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It doesn't work that way. OF course P. azurescens is the one mushroom with success for transplanting mulch where they are growing into a new habitat miles or countries away. The shrooms fruit for a few years and disappear.

AS for the P. stuntziis in lawns and woodchips. Libetrty caps allso appear in lawns and at Golfcourses int he pnw but very rare. They again come in witht he liuid fertilizers and appear in the sod and/or topsoil. why. Just rich in nitrogen and has spores form the manure used to make the fertilizers and ground soils.
P. stuntzii, P. fimetaria, P. sierrae, P. baeocystis are all pastureland mushrooms which are acrtually extremely rare in a pasture. Buit that is where they come from.

Then they appear abundantly in man made environments.

A miracle at the least.

Then the P. stuntzii and P. fimetaria and P. baeocystis also appear in woodchips inthe fall.

In the last 30 years, even P. subbalteatus appears in topsoilks where woodchips have been palced. But the subs are actually in the fertilized top soil. Here is an image of three subs in Seattle in a garden in the U district two blocks from the university.

mj

Anonymous

#2681564 - 05/15/04 09:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: lawns and mushrooms [Re: ]
    #2685512 - 05/16/04 05:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wow Stunzti which are a woodlover fruiting off a manure-based substrate - that is such bullshit...

--------------------

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: lawns and mushrooms [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2685617 - 05/16/04 05:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Most Stunzii do fruit off manure-based substrate and well fertilized lawns.
They are also capable of fruiting off woodchips depending on environmental conditions.

peace - @cro

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation