Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAtmozFear
just a shade of myself
Male

little trich dots appear AFTER full colonization
    #26806402 - 07/06/20 08:22 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So this is my first go with Black Kow... 

agar--> LI--> BRF--> bulk (50% BK, 25% verm, 25% coir)

I think I already know where the trich came from...  there was one brf jar that was slightly stalled and unfinished, but there was no obvious appearance of contaminants.

After mixed in the monotub, colonization was lightning fast and appeared clean (and 95% still does), but after it reached full colonization last Friday- over the weekend- little trich dots appeared.  They have not spread, everything smells and looks great... but I'm wondering still if the tubs actually did pick up something from the air in the room, even tho that's rarely the case?  And it's hard to see from the pic, but even after the trich appeared, the colony just kept going, no stall, and formed knots... I don't get this at all and I am expecting by the way things are going, I will see pins in a few days.  Also, no piss anywhere.

rest of the tubs are great:

Edited by AtmozFear (07/06/20 08:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineredhandmat
Dude

Re: little trich dots appear AFTER full colonization [Re: AtmozFear]
    #26806492 - 07/06/20 09:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Ive read of some people here using salt to hinder the trich from growing long enough to get the first flush. But wait till more experienced people give you advice, or maybe search the forums. But remember, if you have contams in there they will be in there, myc covering them does not mean they disappear. So maybe if you can move it out of your grow room do so?

OfflineRapjack
Oat Soakin' Toker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Elsewhere
Re: little trich dots appear AFTER full colonization [Re: redhandmat]
    #26806620 - 07/06/20 10:31 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The trich might be in small enough quantities that your myc has somewhat "contained" it. From what you're saying I'd bet you're going to get to first flush, then it might spread further as the substrate is weakened from harvest. I've been in the same position except the hidden trich was already tiny green spots that I didn't notice until mixing. Got an average first flush still.

--------------------

OfflineAtmozFear
just a shade of myself
Male

Re: little trich dots appear AFTER full colonization [Re: Rapjack]
    #26806888 - 07/06/20 12:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guys... valuable advice!  I at least want ONE decent first flush.  I got the other tubs in the pic to back me up.

--------------------

Edited by AtmozFear (07/06/20 12:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder