Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... * 1
    #26805998 - 07/05/20 09:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

"manufacturing drugs at home" sounds so,... sinister! He had 259 g of mushrooms. If I did the math right, he graduated from the State Police Academy at the age of 38.

TV news story link  (but note that multiple local outlets are running the story)

Illinois trooper arrested on drug charges
By Ashley Smith | July 4, 2020 at 5:27 PM CDT - Updated July 4 at 10:25 PM

COLINSVILLE Ill. (KFVS) - Collinsville Trooper Nolan Morgan, 40, of Greenville, Illinois, has been arrested on possession and manufacture of a controlled substance charges.

On Thursday, July 2, an investigation by Illinois State Police (ISP) Division of Internal Investigation (DII) into Morgan was started after they received internal information that Morgan was allegedly involved in the possession and manufacturing of drugs at his home.

Investigators interviewed multiple witness and conducted a search of Morgan’s home.

They found around 259 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, known as magic mushrooms, packaged for delivery.

On Friday, July 3, Morgan was arrested by ISP DII investigators at the District 11 Headquarters in Collinsville.

Morgan has been charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver and manufacture of a controlled substance, psilocybin mushrooms.

His bond was set at $150,000 by the Honorable Judge Christopher Bower.

He is being held at the Bond County Jail awaiting his next court appearance.

Morgan was assigned to District 11 Patrol in Collinsville after graduating the Illinois State Police Academy in June of 2018.

Morgan has been relieved of his police duties, and the investigation is ongoing by DII.

No further information is available at this time

Copyright 2020 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonkeyJesusFresco
am i suspended in agar?
Male

Loc: South East USA Flag
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: sonoramo]
    #26806034 - 07/05/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

259 grams? "packaged for delivery" laaaaaaaaaame

--------------------
LAGM v 2.024
- endo cabendo

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: MonkeyJesusFresco]
    #26806132 - 07/06/20 02:13 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Fight the power and the power will fight back
You’re only as good as the system you hack

I kinda respect this

250ish grams I assume dry damn! One package

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #26806276 - 07/06/20 06:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

$150,000 bail?  I’d like to see some bail set for violent crimes just to put into perspective how ridiculous this is..

With all the shit going in with the police this guy was probably the one dude working there with half a conscience and they just booted him out of the line up.  Good job guys the world is safe now.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: Amanita86]
    #26806346 - 07/06/20 07:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

"Internal information"...sounds like he trusted the wrong co-worker. I guess the blue code only applies to discriminatory and violent acts against minorities.

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26807975 - 07/06/20 09:30 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

And in Oregon, looks as passing decriminalizing the mushrooms may just happen.

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineC12ShroomMan
Bobleskeebnkovnhobn
Male

Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #26807982 - 07/06/20 09:36 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Should be required for cops to dose 3.5g every 3 months to maintain a more even keel

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: C12ShroomMan]
    #26808436 - 07/07/20 07:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Gotta say though strange choice of side job with that main job. Wasnt he getting paid enough? And if it was just for him and his friends why so much, and why didnt he just do it at a friends house and leave his equip there? I think this was a bit low opsec, of course fuck the police this is wrong yadi yadi yada but all I'm saying is this was a bit foolish from him too, to do it like this. Especially if he really did involve another person, (not neccesary in those amounts I think) and esp if it was also a cop.

But of course its hard not to involve another with those amounts, considering you gotta be involving customers, and a couple too at that point. But yeah man, gotta say hats off to the guy  if he was trying to change the minds of police from the inside, maybe that was the plan all along if he only became a trooper so short ago. High risk, high reward I suppose. Who knows how many more of those exist and havent been caught, I sure hope there are more sleeper cells like that :laugh:

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineMileHigh_Myco
Stranger
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: polaritymind]
    #26808565 - 07/07/20 09:06 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think I would be comfortable scoring from a cop.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: MileHigh_Myco]
    #26809328 - 07/07/20 03:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The one time ever the cops only weighed the drugs.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Hurling Through Space
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26809509 - 07/07/20 05:17 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Why would he sell them to anyone? He probably had people for that. You don't manufacture AND do street sales that's stupid af.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: polaritymind]
    #26810394 - 07/08/20 05:59 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

polaritymind said:
Gotta say though strange choice of side job with that main job. Wasnt he getting paid enough? And if it was just for him and his friends why so much, and why didnt he just do it at a friends house and leave his equip there? I think this was a bit low opsec, of course fuck the police this is wrong yadi yadi yada but all I'm saying is this was a bit foolish from him too, to do it like this. Especially if he really did involve another person, (not neccesary in those amounts I think) and esp if it was also a cop.

But of course its hard not to involve another with those amounts, considering you gotta be involving customers, and a couple too at that point. But yeah man, gotta say hats off to the guy  if he was trying to change the minds of police from the inside, maybe that was the plan all along if he only became a trooper so short ago. High risk, high reward I suppose. Who knows how many more of those exist and havent been caught, I sure hope there are more sleeper cells like that :laugh:

He had over 1/2 lb. ready to ship, definitely seems like it was a source of income. As far as why...who knows for sure, cops don't make that much money starting off, maybe he had lots of debt, maybe he started saving for retirement too late, maybe he just wanted the easy money.

Is kind of strange for him to become a cop in the first place...but look where he lives, not exactly a lot of jobs and opportunities there, especially not one with good benefits or retirement package. Could have been purely economically motivated, or maybe he dipped into his own supply and came to the realization that he needed to serve his community somehow, and thought that could be it. There are good cops out there, though they are far and few between.

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26810439 - 07/08/20 06:36 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
Why would he sell them to anyone? He probably had people for that. You don't manufacture AND do street sales that's stupid af.

Packaged for shipment.

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26810597 - 07/08/20 08:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:

I have never sold anything, even weed.. i just give it away.. Last thing i need is to be known as a drug dealer.. let along get busted for that stupid shit..

--------------------

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: C12ShroomMan]
    #26810611 - 07/08/20 08:48 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

C12ShroomMan said:
Should be required for cops to dose 3.5g every 3 months to maintain a more even keel

Given that he was 38 when he graduated from the Police Academy, I was thinking he might have been deliberately trying to infiltrate the institution with just that kind of practice.

So here's my "fantasy" explanation for his behavior. A lot of the cops I've known personally are very idealistic guys in some regard or other. This guy's ideal was a legion of Peace Officers who develop creative ways to connect with each other and their communities, keeping everyone safe and sane. He's in his 30's when Uncle Mushroom emerges from a translucent glowing Bodhi tree. Uncle speaks thusly to him: "Implement this ideal by taking up policing as a 2nd career and can change the institutions from within." The news story reported this week tells of his betrayal and crucifixion. The next part of the story is his resurrection and founding the Order of Enlightened Peace Officers.

Hey, it could happen, ya never know!

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: sonoramo]
    #26810628 - 07/08/20 09:01 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Cops kind of crack me up.. a lot of them are just normal guys and not psychos.. when i was a kid that DARE program had just started and the guy running the entire DARE program in my area was the coke dealer from my local boys club a few years earlier, that shit cracked me up so much :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblepanne cyanne
albino queen
Female

Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: icetech]
    #26811643 - 07/08/20 07:59 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

kids with kits. :specialralph:

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #26813818 - 07/09/20 09:23 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Do you mean coke vendor? Becuase there's nothing crazy about a law enforcement officer who sells cocaine on the side while pushing anti-drug propaganda to school children, totally normal. /s

And, TONS of "normal" people have no business wielding the type of power and authority LEO does, or shouldering the responsibility of fairly enforcing our laws.

A lot of cops are stupid and boring and "live" normal lives, but that doesn't make them any nicer, mature, emotionally intelligent, or especially well-balanced...especially on the job, as the problem with LEO is a cultural one, its ingrained in the very fabric of policing and leads to cops acting very differently when on the clock and around each other than they otherwise would.

In fact, they look for such personality/psychological traits when hiring, they want cops who are especially prone to developing a mob mentality, who are followers that will mimic what they see, not independent thinkers.

Although I do agree that many people pursue the career for perfectly non-ideological reasons, I'd even easily say most, especially nowadays there's a huge hiring pipeling running from the military to LEO(which is a problem in and of itself) but that doesn't mean they aren't influenced by the ideology that greets them when they get there.

Edited by Holybullshit (07/09/20 09:30 PM)

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Re: Illinois Tropper Arrested in 4th of July Mushroom bust... [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26814374 - 07/10/20 05:56 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

No.. i meant cocaine.. the guy was awesome though.. even as a cop he stayed cool, i ran into him a few times later in life..

--------------------

OfflineNichrome
I'm a torso!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Zone 5
    #26814424 - 07/10/20 06:37 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

What constitutes "packaged for shipment"? Maybe it was just sealed well to keep moisture out. Being in a bag doesn't mean "for sale". If it were taped up in an addressed flat rate box maybe. A half P is not an unreasonable amount for a first time grow.

Poor guy. Another human trying to find guidance and heal. Maybe this happening will sway his life pattern to something more safe like artistry or welding.

--------------------
“Tea is the magic key to the vault where my brain is kept.” – Frances Hardinge

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale