Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Microscope, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
@koods
    #26804980 - 07/05/20 10:37 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

Well, here it is, July 5th.

With surges in cases, one would expect to see bigger numbers than these. Where is this explosion of death?

Remember, it's a weekend, so numbers will be lower than a weekday. Seems people either don't die as much on weekends, or there's shoddy/lazy reporting.

Again, I am having a really hard time understanding why states are closing businesses.

Destroying people's livelihoods in fear over double digits.

Some states see no deaths, yet there is such a push for an untested vaccine.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
I like that I rustled your jimmies though. That brings me joy.
InfiniteDreams said:
You realize emotion doesn't have a place in  mathematics?
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:
And also no; science, research, and peer reveiwed bollocks means very little to me.
Such things belong in the realm of intellect, not of reason, wisdom, and common sense.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 3
    #26805007 - 07/05/20 10:47 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

Texas closed down again because their standard ICU rooms filled up. They were fucking full.

They went to what they call surge capacity, emergency boarding, and estimated that would be tapped out of the numbers didn't slow by next week.

It's pretty fucking bad to have no emergency care rooms available. That means people in car accidents have to wait along side those suffering from covid. That means people who have heart attacks and need emergency surgery have to wait. Don't get ideal recovery conditions.

Might get a recovery room only by booting someone else out.

Remember, this is why things shut down in the first place. To avoid what Texas and other states are seeing.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 12
    #26805023 - 07/05/20 10:58 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

You are obsessed with fatalities. As if an ICU full of people with a median age of 45 isn’t a total disaster in itself. The deaths will come. Younger people take longer to die.

What you don’t understand is that the economy is fucked until the virus is beaten back. It won’t take government orders to shut businesses down. People will just refuse to go. This country is so fucking stupid. The rest of the civilized world is getting back normal but because we are populated with people like you were just going to fester for the next six months. You suck.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: @koods [Re: koods]
    #26805060 - 07/05/20 11:19 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

Yeah, I remember field hospitals erected and hardly used. I remember New York City forcing nursing homes to take Covid positive paitents to ensure open hospital beds. I remember reports of 9 out of 10 people on ventilators dying. I remember reports of children developing Kawasaki disease. I remember during peak weeks in mid April, no body wearing mask in my local grocery store. I remember a surgeon general holding up a black T-shirt saying "Got Naloxone" and folding it into a make shift mask. I remember George Floyd's death on May 25th, 6 weeks ago and protests erupt across many places around this planet.

If this virus is as deadly as we first had thought when we began implementing public health standards, there would be many, many more deaths than what we are witnessing.

And don't give me any bullshit about mask slowing spreading of viruses. If that were the case, people would be taping their mask to their faces to prevent ANY air from entering.

It's not Ebola.

:waitthatsbad:

Quote:

koods said:
You are obsessed with fatalities. As if an ICU full of people with a median age of 45 isn’t a total disaster in itself. The deaths will come. Younger people take longer to die.

What you don’t understand is that the economy is fucked until the virus is beaten back. It won’t take government orders to shut businesses down. People will just refuse to go. This country is so fucking stupid. The rest of the civilized world is getting back normal but because we are populated with people like you were just going to fester for the next six months. You suck.

That's some logic there, that young people take longer to die.

:brainscream:

Deaths are what matters here, koods.

People are recovering at a much higher rate than when all this first started. It could be argued that our human intervention have caused an excess of deaths because of shut downs and mistreating/mishandling paitents.

And let us not forget.

CHILDREN ARE SPARED!!!

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:
And also no; science, research, and peer reveiwed bollocks means very little to me.
Such things belong in the realm of intellect, not of reason, wisdom, and common sense.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26805069 - 07/05/20 11:25 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

I mean... I think people that want to deny that there's a virus altogether is less of a problem than the politicians that wanted to open up for memorial day because the cases just started to fall. :facepalm:
It was going down. It was working.

And americans being americans took lifting restrictions to mean oh the problem is gone. Or we're not supposed to care about it anymore.

Or it's old news. Only new things being hammered into our head by media is scary.

I mean it's been 4 months and my family didn't get sick.

Only now my family is sick. Playing musical chairs in the hospital right now actually because there's way too many people in there.

You're both too obsessed with the death % or number.
The important things are the numbers we don't know. Like how many people die if they can't get an ICU bed. Considering how much better things are looking for people who get critically ill we can surmise that just having a hospital bed does dramatically increase the chance of recovering.

But no one knows.

And no one really cares because idiots on the internet and in seats of power are happy arguing assumed (possibly made up :ohwell:) numbers that don't even begin to paint the whole picture.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD GANG MEMBER
Other User Gallery

Loc: Coast 2 Coast Flag
Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 4
    #26805072 - 07/05/20 11:27 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

I don't understand the point you are arguing for.

Are you mad at the virus? the science? the government? or Koods? or all of the above.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #26805086 - 07/05/20 11:33 AM (29 days, 10 hours ago)

I think koods is the main thing he's angry with but he's also projecting alot of other frustrations onto it.

Not that I am

:cookiemonster:

Also hamhead you should know some of the things you say conflict with each other. Or your opposition to koods. Not sure which. Maybe both.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805128 - 07/05/20 11:58 AM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
I don't understand the point you are arguing for.

Are you mad at the virus? the science? the government? or Koods? or all of the above.

Right.

First, koods has been posting states with increases in covid cases and said that by July 5th, there would be an explosion of deaths. I am arguing that that is not happening, hence the numbers I posted in the OP.

Second, science is largely being ignored. SARS-Cov is not new and treatment has been discovered years ago in hydroxychloroquine used with zinc sulfate. Yet, those faces who have been in our faces while many sit at home, say there are no treatments when there are doctors having success with prophylaxis such as hydroxychloroquine, zinc and azithromycin. Instead, many people were drugged into a coma and had breathing tubes forced down their throat, with doctors scratching their heads wondering why people aren't getting enough oxygen. My argument here is one for another topic all together. PM me.

Third is government's response and continued response, and continued response which I don't see an end to. There will always be viruses to concern our selves with and at first I totally agreed about shutting down because of so many unknowns. Now that those unknowns are now known, it has become clear that Covid 19 is nothing what we were expecting while millions of Americans are still out of work with little pins of light at no end of whatever tunnel they find themselves in.

And to viruses. We carry viruses all the time. Our natural immunity is able to keep a vast majority of them in check. We catch colds and flus every year and many people get over them with little complication while some die. Millions are infected with influenza each year, even with vaccinations and thousands of them die, yet no closing of businesses or mandatory mask policy. Personal health is largely overlooked and brushed aside for pleasure, yet bad science and government has got everyone suffocating on their own expelled gasses for hours on end.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #26805129 - 07/05/20 11:59 AM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

Hamheads logic comes down to this: I don’t want to wear a mask because it’s only deaths that matter, not spending a month in the hospital consuming a million dollars in medical resources and deaths don’t matter because the people who die are old or sickly to begin with.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805136 - 07/05/20 12:06 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

Hamhead what do you think would happen if 30% of the population is infected at one time instead of the 2-3% we saw in New York at their peak?

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805144 - 07/05/20 12:09 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Hamheads logic comes down to this: I don’t want to wear a mask because it’s only deaths that matter, not spending a month in the hospital consuming a million dollars in medical resources and deaths don’t matter because the people who die are old or sickly to begin with.

Do you see yourself contradicting yourself here?

And yes, that is how nature works. A body gets old and sickly and is no longer able to fend for its self. This phenomenon is found in many life forms. It's called, aging.

Quote:

koods said:
Hamhead what do you think would happen if 30% of the population is infected at one time instead of the 2-3% we saw in New York at their peak?

What proof do you have that we were not already at 30% infected, considering there are reports of infection being detected in November 2019?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805146 - 07/05/20 12:11 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

Also, hamhead, it’s been four months and you still don’t understand that weekend reporting of deaths does not represent actual deaths. Health departments are not open. Hospital administration offices are closed. Plus it’s a holiday weekend. The cdc doesn’t even update anything on weekends.

Deaths on Friday were close to 700.

--------------------

OTD GANG MEMBER
Other User Gallery

#26805147 - 07/05/20 12:12 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

I'd think if Texas hospitals are at capacity, deaths should rise sharply when you can't admit any more sick people and triage has to decide who doesn't get treatment.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805151 - 07/05/20 12:15 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

What proof do you have that we were not already at 30% infected, considering there are reports of infection being detected in November 2019?

It’s hard to take you seriously. We dont really know how many people have been infected in the US becasue we don’t have accurate antibody tests and there doesn’t seem to be any effort to do
More accurate testing but a well controlled Elisa based antibody survey In Spain indicated about 5% of their population had been infected. I would expect the US numbers to be similar.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26805161 - 07/05/20 12:22 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

I'm sure other people have tried but OK

Quote:

First, koods has been posting states with increases in covid cases and said that by July 5th, there would be an explosion of deaths. I am arguing that that is not happening, hence the numbers I posted in the OP.

Not even gonna bother with this.

Quote:

Second, science is largely being ignored. SARS-Cov is not new and treatment has been discovered years ago in hydroxychloroquine used with zinc sulfate. Yet, those faces who have been in our faces while many sit at home, say there are no treatments when there are doctors having success with prophylaxis such as hydroxychloroquine, zinc and azithromycin. Instead, many people were drugged into a coma and had breathing tubes forced down their throat, with doctors scratching their heads wondering why people aren't getting enough oxygen. My argument here is one for another topic all together. PM me.

SARS-Cov2 is not the same thing as SARS-Cov. I'm open to the possibility that valid treatments have been withheld due to limited supply and people are being mislead so that there's not riot and such but... doesn't really change much, does it?

Quote:

Third is government's response and continued response, and continued response which I don't see an end to. There will always be viruses to concern our selves with and at first I totally agreed about shutting down because of so many unknowns. Now that those unknowns are now known, it has become clear that Covid 19 is nothing what we were expecting while millions of Americans are still out of work with little pins of light at no end of whatever tunnel they find themselves in.

I didn't really agree with trying to keep our economic system running while shutting down... because it doesn't make sense... at all. Because our economic system doesn't work like that.
But since we did it it was completely and totally asinine to open up early. It's utterly ridiculous to say we have to do this, decimate our economy, to keep people safe, and then not follow through with it.

That means we literally did it for nothing.

And that's the worst thing you can do.

But also something the government is notorious for. Ya know... like that 10 year war thing...

Quote:

And to viruses. We carry viruses all the time. Our natural immunity is able to keep a vast majority of them in check. We catch colds and flus every year and many people get over them with little complication while some die. Millions are infected with influenza each year, even with vaccinations and thousands of them die, yet no closing of businesses or mandatory mask policy. Personal health is largely overlooked and brushed aside for pleasure, yet bad science and government has got everyone suffocating on their own expelled gasses for hours on end.

Science has alot of problems. Common knowledge and tradition of health in this country has major problems. But people have been working in and sweating in and breathing heavily in masks that are more restrictive than the pretend surgical masks people are wearing.

As someone that's used several types of respirator in heavy hot working conditions I can tell you it does get hard to breathe sometimes. And I believe some people with health conditions should not wear masks as the risk there is higher.

But the flimsy little cloth face coverings aren't doing that much. Neither to restrict your breathing or stop you from catching the virus. The main thing they do is catch your spit when you cough. And that tiny little bit does help.

As for the comparison to the flu... it was a mistake of mine to first compare it to swine flu. This is not a flu. In another decade or so after our immune systems have become adjusted to it it might be as bad (or not) as the flu. But I've never seen a flu overwhelm hospitals.

Strain them and push them to their limit? yes. Not overwhelm them.

My point in arguing for the flu was the opposite actually. That people didn't take it seriously enough. That it does kill half a million people every year.

Because people decide that their own agenda is more important than keeping their grandma or my 22 year old cousin from catching it and having complications.

And that shit tilts me. You either care about people or you don't. We've collectively decided that we don't.

So let's just sit back and see then.

--------------------

OTD GANG MEMBER
Other User Gallery

#26805171 - 07/05/20 12:27 PM (29 days, 9 hours ago)

America's economy is going to come out this stunned. The rest of the world is moving on, and the USA is going to be fucked until for at least another 9 months.

Europe might grow more GDP than the USA for the first time in decades.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805184 - 07/05/20 12:37 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead]
    #26805197 - 07/05/20 12:42 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

I don't know enough about epidemiology to say. But from the little I do know I gather it depends on how it mutates.

But yeah what you're citing is what I'd call strain. Pushing it to its limits. Not overwhelming.

And I suppose one could argue that we're not yet to the point of overwhelm since people are still finding beds, even if in overflow, and medical care, even if from exhausted and overworked medical staff. But from what I'm seeing I think we're right on the edge.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26805202 - 07/05/20 12:43 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
America's economy is going to come out this stunned. The rest of the world is moving on, and the USA is going to be fucked until for at least another 9 months.

America was bound to lose its super power status sooner or later. It does seem like the virus and our bungling of it will hasten that.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #26805208 - 07/05/20 12:46 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
America was bound to lose its super power status sooner or later.

I wouldn’t say it was entirely unavoidable...

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Amanita86]
    #26805213 - 07/05/20 12:48 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

I think we could have delayed it, not avoided it.

Every super power and great empire ever has eventually fallen.

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26805216 - 07/05/20 12:49 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Don't have anything to add, just wanted to say that ham head and koods were great in the naked and afraid pub challenge :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

#26805220 - 07/05/20 12:50 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Choices have a lot to do with it..

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805226 - 07/05/20 12:52 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
https://time.com/5107984/hospitals-handling-burden-flu-patients/

https://www.dispatchhealth.com/blog/ers-are-overwhelmed-with-flu-patients-mobile-urgent-care-is-the-solution/

https://www.daytondailynews.com/lifestyles/health/local-hospitals-ask-flu-patients-stay-away/I5jeXotxyNmHmZDIxgGHgI/

Flu has overwhelmed hospitals.

And SARS-Cov-2 isn't the same coronavirus we first came in contact with. It mutates, remember?

So, shouldn't it be something like SARS-Cov-2.3 or something?

It’s not a fucking flu. Three times as many people died in New York City in April than any other month in the history of the city. What the fuck is your problem?

--------------------

Onlineqman
Stranger

Re: @koods [Re: Amanita86] * 3
    #26805233 - 07/05/20 12:54 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

The virus leaves behind permanent organ damage in many cases, so death isn't the only negative result from getting it. Why is that so hard to understand for so many people?

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26805236 - 07/05/20 12:56 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:

Won't argue with that. I suppose my point is us fucking it up was inevitable.

Everyone fucks it up eventually. In large part because they don't adapt, or adapt correctly, with the changing times.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

#26805250 - 07/05/20 12:59 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

Amanita86 said:

Won't argue with that. I suppose my point is us fucking it up was inevitable.

Everyone fucks it up eventually. In large part because they don't adapt, or adapt correctly, with the changing times.

It’s almost like it’s wired into our dna.  I wouldn’t say the fault would be failure to adapt though, it seems like it has more to do with corruption and just bad decisions in general.  Entirely avoidable, but as they say one bad apple spoils the whole bunch.

It’s not to late.  We could pull out of this and shine brighter than we ever have.  Do you think we will or do you think we’ll still bicker over the same old shit and run it into the ground?

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805256 - 07/05/20 01:04 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
https://time.com/5107984/hospitals-handling-burden-flu-patients/

https://www.dispatchhealth.com/blog/ers-are-overwhelmed-with-flu-patients-mobile-urgent-care-is-the-solution/

https://www.daytondailynews.com/lifestyles/health/local-hospitals-ask-flu-patients-stay-away/I5jeXotxyNmHmZDIxgGHgI/

Flu has overwhelmed hospitals.

And SARS-Cov-2 isn't the same coronavirus we first came in contact with. It mutates, remember?

So, shouldn't it be something like SARS-Cov-2.3 or something?

It’s not a fucking flu. Three times as many people died in New York City in April than any other month in the history of the city. What the fuck is your problem?

I wasn't responding to you, so what the fuck is your problem?

9 out of 10 people put on ventilators died. Can anyone imagine if this had not been done?

How many lives were lost due To maltreatment?

Remember, DNR orders were put in place.

Just watching people die with no effort in saving lives.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Edited by HamHead (07/05/20 01:05 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26805257 - 07/05/20 01:05 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

I had hoped that we would see the light.

But I kinda lost that hope with how recent events have been turning out. Now my primary hope is that it gets bad enough where we have no choice but to have a revolution (on some terms) and get rid of the bad eggs and the bad systems/policies that enabled them. And tuned others to be like them.

And that we manage to do it without further shooting ourselves in the foot.

People didn't realize how bad California's drought and fire problems could be until they not only happened but nearly got as bad as they could. And I would argue we still haven't enough. It probably won't be until alot more people lose theirs lives and homes and ability to function without water that major intervention will come.

But yeah I agree that it wasn't just adapting that was our problem. I would say alot of the corruption issues is in part an adapting issue because the people have never been more informed or capable of being a democracy than we are right now and we still function as a 19th century republic.

--------------------

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Niffla] * 1
    #26805261 - 07/05/20 01:06 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Don't have anything to add, just wanted to say that ham head and koods were great in the naked and afraid pub challenge :thumbup:

Right?

Who would have guessed that out of all the contestants those two would have fallen in love.  😍

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or -  give me death caps

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26805265 - 07/05/20 01:08 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

Btw I will dump the thread and hand out infractions if we can't be remotely civil.

This is just a message board on the internet with random casual people.

I know it's a sensitive topic. I very well do.
So please don't make it worse by being assholes to each other.

--------------------

OTD GANG MEMBER
Other User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #26805268 - 07/05/20 01:08 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

All complex systems are inherently fragile. Economies, governments, empires, lean supply chains, all those shits.

The Soviets had decentralized food production systems where every city locally produced enough food staples of wheat, potatoes, cabbage and meat for most of it's own consumption. It is the most expensive way you can produce food for a population, but it makes for a robust system. If one area has bad weather or a blight, the neighbouring cities can provide for it. If you have all your slaughter houses in massive facilities a small area of the country you will have the cheapest cost to meat, but it is much more fragile of a system.

Global lean supply chains are under the microscope now as the idea that boarders can close and production shuttered for months was previously unthinkable.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

#26805283 - 07/05/20 01:19 PM (29 days, 8 hours ago)

There seems to be an issue with a take the money and run mindset.  We’re not leaving the next few generations in line much to work with.  Again, avoidable through making the proper choices.  Run away appetites and whatnot..

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26805474 - 07/05/20 03:14 PM (29 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Right?

Who would have guessed that out of all the contestants those two would have fallen in love.  😍

Ham Head went missing the very next day tho

--------------------

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Niffla] * 2
    #26805479 - 07/05/20 03:16 PM (29 days, 6 hours ago)

Koodz couldn’t bare the thought of him leaving, so he ate Hamhead.

Now they are One  :feelsgoatman:

--------------------

Edited by The Blind Ass (07/05/20 03:27 PM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26805488 - 07/05/20 03:23 PM (29 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:

America was bound to lose its super power status sooner or later. It does seem like the virus and the federal government's bungling of it will hasten that.

ftfy

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: morrowasted]
    #26805499 - 07/05/20 03:27 PM (29 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

9 out of 10 people put on ventilators died. Can anyone imagine if this had not been done?

I have literally spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to make sense of this post and I cant

all I can say people who put in DNRs don't want to be saved. that's why they are DNR

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #26805522 - 07/05/20 03:36 PM (29 days, 5 hours ago)

It’s one of his more facepalm inducing posts. 
Also, I don’t believe there’s a significant amount of malpractice contributing to covid related deaths in the hospitals...out of the over 100k deaths in the USA - it’s no where near significant enough to even take the comment seriously  ... idk why so many people on these boards believe medicine practitioners are evil or  - enough so that they condemn the whole of it.  Somehow growing mushrooms or taking drugs makes them experts on whose an expert in medicine & whose not? :lol:

So much of it reads like a highschooler who is just learning that the world isn’t a Disney movie.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Niffla]
    #26805538 - 07/05/20 03:41 PM (29 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Right?

Wait wut. I was in a contest?

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26805545 - 07/05/20 03:44 PM (29 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
It’s one of his more facepalm inducing posts. 
Also, I don’t believe there’s a significant amount of malpractice contributing to covid related deaths in the hospitals...out of the over 100k deaths in the USA - it’s no where near significant enough to even take the comment seriously  ... idk why so many people on these boards believe medicine practitioners are evil or  - enough so that they condemn the whole of it.  Somehow growing mushrooms or taking drugs makes them experts on whose an expert in medicine & whose not? :lol:

So much of it reads like a highschooler who is just learning that the world isn’t a Disney movie.

literally everything that can be done is being done to save the lives of people with covid who don't have DNRs in this country. they are busting out the fucking ECMOs for crying out loud. it is not even always because it is philosophically "right", but sometimes just because of liability :shrug:

dude has been sending me PMs like "y'all dont use hydroxycloroquine anymore??? well you are KILLING PATIENTS" because xyz doctor's anecdote says so

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805635 - 07/05/20 04:57 PM (29 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

I have literally spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to make sense of this post and I cant

all I can say people who put in DNRs don't want to be saved. that's why they are DNR

What's so hard to understand. Here, I'll help.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/ny-issues-do-not-resuscitate-guideline-for-cardiac-patients/

"NY issues do-not-resuscitate guideline for cardiac patients amid coronavirus"

People didn't get a choice.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/new-york-scraps-do-not-resuscitate-order-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

"New York scraps do-not-resuscitate order during coronavirus pandemic"

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Offlineviraldrome
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: morrowasted] * 5
    #26805673 - 07/05/20 05:27 PM (29 days, 4 hours ago)

I don't care about the death rate. There are all sorts of people online who are reporting they never recovered. They have crazy symptoms check out this woman's Twitter shes had it four months. Like not just a cough but not being to breath for 4 months feeling like you are going to die every day and still testing negative. Her symptoms sound like hell. And her page is full of other the testaments of people who aren't recovering.

https://twitter.com/DaniOliver?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

SARs had a large percent of people with long term problems, the disease was contained and went away so you never hear about the people who never got better. The media doesn't care because those stories in the health section of the paper don't make money.

I don't care what the hamheads of the world think but we have to keep trying. You can't put them all on ignore like you do to Trump supporters, the only way out of this is to convince a bunch of uneducated, conspiracy believing anti vaxers that this real. And there are a lot of them. A whole free-dumb movement that thinks a mask is tyranny. And it's being supported by a madman in charge who only cares about his re election and has spent 4 years telling everyone the media is lying to them, so now they don't believe Covid is real. It's the nightmare scenario, oh and you people don't even public health care. I wish I could not care but Canada's biggest trading partner is quickly becoming a third world country.
This is not the flu.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805689 - 07/05/20 05:42 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
dude has been sending me PMs like "y'all dont use hydroxycloroquine anymore??? well you are KILLING PATIENTS" because xyz doctor's anecdote says so

Any proof of these messages? I got em' too and don't see anywhere I say "you are KILLING PAITENTS".

And doctor Vladimir Zelenko treated 2,200 paitents using hydroxychloroquine, zinc and azithromycin. Out of his 2,200, 800 were hospitalized and only 2 died under his care.

Vladimir Zelenko was trying to keep people out of hospitals with cheap, effective prophylactics when he saw how many people were dying on ventilators.

Vladimir Zelenko did research on hydroxychloroquine and how it is a zinc ionophore. Hydroxychloroquine has been used for years with no problems at proper dosages. Vladimir Zelenko uses hydroxychloroquine him self and prescribed it to paitents before 2019. Again, with no issues.

Vladimir Zelenko is being criticized because of language. Claiming his treatment is FDA approved. All three drugs are FDA approved, zinc, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin but the off label use of all three combined is not.

Hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and azithromycin works when dosed correctly.

https://www.grandrapidsmn.com/opinion/doctors-discover-effective-life-saving-treatment-for-covid-19/article_3619c254-a1d4-11ea-a886-43929db0aeb5.html

"Within a few weeks, Dr. Zelenko had published video reports of his findings and was in touch not only with the US Coronavirus Taskforce, but with over a dozen governments around the world from Russia, to South Africa, to Peru. Four weeks ago the government of Brazil began implementing Dr. Zelenko’s protocol, and he explains their results: “One week ago the Brazilians published a study revealing a 95% reduction in deaths after this drug cocktail was introduced for use in their government hospitals.” In France, Dr. Dideraulty Raou, one of Europe’s leading epidemiologist recently presented a study to French President Macron detailing similar results from the use of Hydroxychloroquine. In a study of 1061 patients who had been prescribed HCL/Z-pack, he found that after ten days, 94% had returned to good health and only one half of one percent had died."

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805690 - 07/05/20 05:43 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

What's so hard to understand. Here, I'll help.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/ny-issues-do-not-resuscitate-guideline-for-cardiac-patients/

"NY issues do-not-resuscitate guideline for cardiac patients amid coronavirus"

People didn't get a choice.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/new-york-scraps-do-not-resuscitate-order-during-coronavirus-pandemic/

"New York scraps do-not-resuscitate order during coronavirus pandemic"

How is this supporting your argument. NY hospitals were so overburdened they had to change their policy and let people die to free up space. That’s what happens. You stop wasting time on the difficult cases hoping to have better results with the less ill.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805692 - 07/05/20 05:45 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Out of his 2,200, 800 were hospitalized and only 2 died under his care.

That’s a horrible hospitalization rate and no they didn’t die under HIS care because that doctor almost certainly has no privileges in a hospital ICU

You seem to have no ability to detect bullshit because two deaths out of 800 hospitalizations IS OBVIOUSLY BULLSHIT

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/05/20 05:46 PM)

Onlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: @koods [Re: viraldrome]
    #26805696 - 07/05/20 05:49 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Arguing with hamhead does to your brain the equivalent of what hamhead thinks wearing a mask does to your brain.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: feevers]
    #26805699 - 07/05/20 05:50 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

His user name might be literal

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805708 - 07/05/20 05:57 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Arguing with hamhead does to your brain the equivalent of what hamhead thinks wearing a mask does to your brain.

Yeah, I know. Oxygen deprivation is a thing.

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Out of his 2,200, 800 were hospitalized and only 2 died under his care.

That’s a horrible hospitalization rate and no they didn’t die under HIS care because that doctor almost certainly has no privileges in a hospital ICU

You seem to have no ability to detect bullshit because two deaths out of 800 hospitalizations IS OBVIOUSLY BULLSHIT

Right. Didn't read the article. Zelenko overlooked a community of 32,000.

"Dr. Vladimir Zelenko serves as a Primary Care Physician in suburban New York City—the epicenter of this outbreak. “I knew that the virus would hit our area hard due to our population density—we have 32,000 people living in one square mile. So I did my own research looking at what had been done in other countries that experienced the virus before us as well as looking at treatments developed for the SARS outbreak in 2003 (another coronavirus). I developed my own protocol of a three drug cocktail: HCL, Azithromycin, and Zinc. In the last few weeks I have seen 1,450 patients with COVID symptoms. I divided my patients into two groups: high risk and low risk. The low risk patients (under age 60 and healthy) statistically get better without treatment, so I sent them home to rest and get over the virus. I gave my drug cocktail to 405 high risk patients (over age 60 or with underlying health problems) whose conditions were most severe. The accepted rate of COVID mortality at that time for high risk patients was 5%, so if I had just relied on ventilators I could have expected to see 20 of my patients die. But using these three drugs I only lost two patients, one of which was very old and had been chronically ill. This was a significant order of magnitude better than expected outcomes.”"

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805711 - 07/05/20 05:58 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

No I mean a guy with a family practice doesn’t care for patients in an ICU so he’s not likely to be caring for people when  they die of covid

Where’s the doctor’s peer reviewed paper? Stories are just that.

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/05/20 06:00 PM)

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805724 - 07/05/20 06:15 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

In the last few weeks I have seen 1,450 patients with COVID symptoms. I divided my patients into two groups: high risk and low risk. The low risk patients (under age 60 and healthy) statistically get better without treatment, so I sent them home to rest and get over the virus. I gave my drug cocktail to 405 high risk patients (over age 60 or with underlying health problems) whose conditions were most severe. The accepted rate of COVID mortality at that time for high risk patients was 5%, so if I had just relied on ventilators I could have expected to see 20 of my patients die.

This is such bullshit 1000 “low risk patients” didn’t receive any treatment. The chance that, out of 1,000 symptomatic patients receiving no treatment, all got better and none required hospitalization is beyond belief.

This article was written by a pastor.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805725 - 07/05/20 06:15 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:

If you are drowning and a piece of driftwood floats by, are you going to wait around until it is peer reviewed before grabbing on and potentially saving your life?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805727 - 07/05/20 06:15 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:

If you are drowning and a piece of driftwood floats by, are you going to wait around until it is peer reviewed before grabbing on and potentially saving your life?

I’m certainly not going to take medical advice from a church newsletter 🤦‍♂️

--------------------

OTD GANG MEMBER
Other User Gallery

#26805730 - 07/05/20 06:16 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:

I’m certainly not going to take medical advice from a church newsletter 🤦‍♂️

How about a bankrupt businessman?

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805738 - 07/05/20 06:22 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

I’m also highly skeptical that a family practitioner has 1400 patients with covid. That’s more patients than a PCP would accept. Maybe a big practice would have 3000 patients on record. You’re telling me that 50% to more than 100% of his patients got covid? give me a fucking break.

Do the math. Each patient gets 10 minutes of the doctors time. 6 patients per hour. 60 patients per day. 300 patients per week. A month and a half of nothing but covid patients. Bullshit.

The whole thing is crap.

Edited by koods (07/05/20 06:26 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805741 - 07/05/20 06:23 PM (29 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

In the last few weeks I have seen 1,450 patients with COVID symptoms. I divided my patients into two groups: high risk and low risk. The low risk patients (under age 60 and healthy) statistically get better without treatment, so I sent them home to rest and get over the virus. I gave my drug cocktail to 405 high risk patients (over age 60 or with underlying health problems) whose conditions were most severe. The accepted rate of COVID mortality at that time for high risk patients was 5%, so if I had just relied on ventilators I could have expected to see 20 of my patients die.

This is such bullshit 1000 “low risk patients” didn’t receive any treatment. The chance that, out of 1,000 symptomatic patients receiving no treatment, all got better and none required hospitalization is beyond belief.

This article was written by a pastor.

https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202007.0025/v1

"COVID-19 Outpatients – Early Risk-Stratified Treatment with Zinc Plus Low Dose Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin: A Retrospective Case Series Study

Objective: To describe outcomes of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the outpatient setting after early treatment with zinc, low dose hydroxychloroquine, and azithromycin (the triple therapy) dependent on risk stratification. Design: Retrospective case series study. Setting: General practice. Participants: 141 COVID-19 patients with laboratory confirmed severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infections in the year 2020. Main Outcome Measures: Risk-stratified treatment decision, rate of hospitalization and all-cause death. Results: Of 335 positively PCR-tested COVID-19 patients, 127 were treated with the triple therapy. 104 of 127 met the defined risk stratification criteria and were included in the analysis. In addition, 37 treated and eligible patients who were confirmed by IgG tests were included in the treatment group (total N=141). 208 of the 335 patients did not meet the risk stratification criteria and were not treated. After 4 days (median, IQR 3-6, available for N=66/141) of onset of symptoms, 141 patients (median age 58 years, IQR 40-60; 73% male) got a prescription for the triple therapy for 5 days. Independent public reference data from 377 confirmed COVID-19 patients of the same community were used as untreated control. 4 of 141 treated patients (2.8%) were hospitalized, which was significantly less (p<0.001) compared with 58 of 377 untreated patients (15.4%) (odds ratio 0.16, 95% CI 0.06-0.5). Therefore, the odds of hospitalization of treated patients were 84% less than in the untreated group. One patient (0.7%) died in the treatment group versus 13 patients (3.5%) in the untreated group (odds ratio 0.2, 95% CI 0.03-1.5; p=0.16). There were no cardiac side effects. Conclusions: Risk stratification-based treatment of COVID-19 outpatients as early as possible after symptom onset with the used triple therapy, including the combination of zinc with low dose hydroxychloroquine, was associated with significantly less hospitalizations and 5 times less all-cause deaths."

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805766 - 07/05/20 06:41 PM (29 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

335 positively PCR-tested COVID-19 patients, 127 were treated with the triple therapy. 104 of 127 met the defined risk stratification criteria and were included in the analysis. I

Lol give me a break. They picked the healthiest people possible and they had no control over the control group: “ only the outcome data of the untreated control group based on the public reference was available but no other patient characteristics or clinical symptoms.”

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26805786 - 07/05/20 06:59 PM (29 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:

Any proof of these messages? I got em' too and don't see anywhere I say "you are KILLING PAITENTS".

I was being hyperbolic but dude you almost literally PM'd me

Quote:

LISTEN TO THIS DR DREW VIDEO  if you're interested in saving lives.

italicized portion actually literal:rolleyes:

I also replied to your post about specifically why we do not use HCQ anymore with

Quote:

The hcq +zinc +azithromycin protocol was in common use at the beginning of the pandemic. We still give zinc to all covid patients amd azithromycin to patients with bacterial pneumonias in conjunction with covid.

The reason we don't use hcq anymore isnt that it "doesnt work", the reason is that it is dangerous to use in the types of covid patients who get hospitalized. Most of them of them are already hyperkalemic due to acidosis and renal injury which prolongs qt interval, many have ischemic intravascular disseminated coagulopathy and are this prone to myocardial infarction. Most covid patients recover without any pharmaceutical intervention at all, so the signal in the data showing it helps would have to be much larger than the signal in the data showing potential harm, and that simply isnt the case. When you are dealing with a disease that only kills one in every 180 people to begin, you would have to have massive samples to pick out the signal. When you start seeing clinical trial participants drop dead suddenly with massively elevated t waves after being given hcq and you know it be a side effect of hcq, it becomes unethical to continue pursuing that trial- because we are interested in saving lives.

Hospitals and the government would love it if hcq worked as well as remdesivir specifically because it is cheaper. They do not make money on remdesivir, gilead pharmaceuticals makes money on it. Most people receiving remdesivir are over 65 and thus the government is paying for it through Medicare. The government would love to have an equally effective, equally safe, cheaper alternative. But no such thing exists that we know of.

to which you have notably been silent

Dude, the best minds are on the case. They (We) want to save as many lives as possible. Just, you know, do your part. And if you're not directly working patients, that just means wearing a mask, keeping your distance, and not continually calling the decisions of medical experts into question when society is confronted with a pandemic. If you need help distinguishing between medical experts and TV charlatans, ask someone.

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805825 - 07/05/20 07:23 PM (29 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

335 positively PCR-tested COVID-19 patients, 127 were treated with the triple therapy. 104 of 127 met the defined risk stratification criteria and were included in the analysis. I

Lol give me a break. They picked the healthiest people possible and they had no control over the control group: “ only the outcome data of the untreated control group based on the public reference was available but no other patient characteristics or clinical symptoms.”

What's it matter who they pick if they test positive for this deadly virus, right koods, because it could strike anyone down, remember?

And these were people NOT in hospitals. Given medicine to take home in pill form.

Quote:

morrowasted said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:

I was being hyperbolic but dude you almost literally PM'd me

Quote:

LISTEN TO THIS DR DREW VIDEO  if you're interested in saving lives.

italicized portion actually literal:rolleyes:

I also replied to your post about specifically why we do not use HCQ anymore with

Quote:

The hcq +zinc +azithromycin protocol was in common use at the beginning of the pandemic. We still give zinc to all covid patients amd azithromycin to patients with bacterial pneumonias in conjunction with covid.

The reason we don't use hcq anymore isnt that it "doesnt work", the reason is that it is dangerous to use in the types of covid patients who get hospitalized. Most of them of them are already hyperkalemic due to acidosis and renal injury which prolongs qt interval, many have ischemic intravascular disseminated coagulopathy and are this prone to myocardial infarction. Most covid patients recover without any pharmaceutical intervention at all, so the signal in the data showing it helps would have to be much larger than the signal in the data showing potential harm, and that simply isnt the case. When you are dealing with a disease that only kills one in every 180 people to begin, you would have to have massive samples to pick out the signal. When you start seeing clinical trial participants drop dead suddenly with massively elevated t waves after being given hcq and you know it be a side effect of hcq, it becomes unethical to continue pursuing that trial- because we are interested in saving lives.

Hospitals and the government would love it if hcq worked as well as remdesivir specifically because it is cheaper. They do not make money on remdesivir, gilead pharmaceuticals makes money on it. Most people receiving remdesivir are over 65 and thus the government is paying for it through Medicare. The government would love to have an equally effective, equally safe, cheaper alternative. But no such thing exists that we know of.

to which you have notably been silent

Dude, the best minds are on the case. They (We) want to save as many lives as possible. Just, you know, do your part. And if you're not directly working patients, that just means wearing a mask, keeping your distance, and not continually calling the decisions of medical experts into question when society is confronted with a pandemic. If you need help distinguishing between medical experts and TV charlatans, ask someone.

Cool. Thanks for confirming that I did not use the words, "you are killing paitents", because that would make me look even worse than I already do. There is no need for exaggeration.

And I do appreciate your demeanor, it has been more mature than others.

I'll apologize again for being a dick, here out in public. Yeah?

I understand why you don't treat people already hospitalized with possible organ failures in play. The cocktail is proposed to those with early onsets of symptoms and/or used as a preventive prophylaxis. To keep people out of hospitals so that people like you don't have to see them as often.

There are minds on this, yes. Some are being censored and heavily criticized while others get to push for vaccines and unproven drugs freely.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805840 - 07/05/20 07:32 PM (29 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

What's it matter who they pick if they test positive for this deadly virus, right koods, because it could strike anyone down, remember?

Wtf are you talking about. It clearly hits older people and people with other conditions much harder, so when you pick for your study only people under 60 and otherwise healthy people over 60, you’re going to clearly get better results. What outcomes would those same people have if they didn’t receive treatment? We don’t know because they just used public records of cases not knowing anything about patient demographics as their control group.

This is totally laughable. And despite choosing healthier and younger patients for their trial, their treatment group still had a CFR of .7%  Considering this number is higher than published fatality rates for people under 60, I would say this trial is a failure.

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/05/20 07:37 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805856 - 07/05/20 07:42 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Wtf are you talking about. It clearly hits older people and people with other conditions much harder, so when you pick for your study only people under 60 and otherwise healthy people over 60, you’re going to clearly get better results. What outcomes would those same people have if they didn’t receive treatment? We don’t know because they just used public records of cases not knowing anything about patient demographics as their control group.

This is totally laughable. And despite choosing healthier and younger patients for their trial, their treatment group still had a CFR of .7%  Considering this number is higher than published fatality rates for people under 60, I would say this trial is a failure.

One patient (0.7%) died in the treatment group versus 13 patients (3.5%) in the untreated group (odds ratio 0.2, 95% CI 0.03-1.5; p=0.16).

If not treated, they may have fallen in that there 3.5% range.

:shrug:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
    #26805872 - 07/05/20 07:46 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Texas closed down again because their standard ICU rooms filled up. They were fucking full.

They went to what they call surge capacity, emergency boarding, and estimated that would be tapped out of the numbers didn't slow by next week.

It's pretty fucking bad to have no emergency care rooms available. That means people in car accidents have to wait along side those suffering from covid. That means people who have heart attacks and need emergency surgery have to wait. Don't get ideal recovery conditions.

Might get a recovery room only by booting someone else out.

Remember, this is why things shut down in the first place. To avoid what Texas and other states are seeing.

I got family in Texas, all of them caught the Corona virus and are on day 5 of having it, they barely even feel it. One of them is Obese which is the leading pre existing condition that that virus is known to kill people for having. He barely feels it. I caught the virus, so did my wife months ago, we didn't get that sick.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26805877 - 07/05/20 07:50 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
I'd think if Texas hospitals are at capacity, deaths should rise sharply when you can't admit any more sick people and triage has to decide who doesn't get treatment.

Maybe the ventilator is whats been killing them all along.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: budmanman]
    #26805878 - 07/05/20 07:52 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

All of one of my family caught it and 2/5 are hospitalized. One with pneumonia (53). One with low O2 (22).

Neither had prior notable health conditions.

People are trying to predict something that is unpredictable by it's own nature.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26805889 - 07/05/20 07:59 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
All of one of my family caught it and 2/5 are hospitalized. One with pneumonia (53). One with low O2 (22).

Neither had prior notable health conditions.

People are trying to predict something that is unpredictable by it's own nature.

That's a similar hospitalization rate of my wifes work, its a nursing home. Most the people there are over 70

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26805895 - 07/05/20 08:04 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

There may be some genetic vulnerability to it we don't know about yet. There's so much we don't know about viruses in general, we know less about this one.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26805904 - 07/05/20 08:11 PM (29 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

One patient (0.7%) died in the treatment group versus 13 patients (3.5%) in the untreated group (odds ratio 0.2, 95% CI 0.03-1.5; p=0.16).

If not treated, they may have fallen in that there 3.5% range.

:shrug:

The demographic make up of the “control group” is not known:

Quote:

only the outcome data of the untreated control group based on the public reference was available but no other patient characteristics or clinical symptoms.”

Did you even read the study you posted

Christ they don’t even know if the so called untreated group was treated or not

Do you not understand the problem with this study? They picked people who were statistically much less likely to have severe outcomes, and then compared them to the general population. You should ask yourself why they didn’t design a study with a proper control group that matched the demographic profile of the treated group.

Edited by koods (07/05/20 08:25 PM)

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26805951 - 07/05/20 08:50 PM (29 days, 42 minutes ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Right?

Wait wut. I was in a contest?

Yep. You were paired with Ham Head too.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26805964 - 07/05/20 09:03 PM (29 days, 30 minutes ago)

You're right koods. This study is bunk. Great job at pointing that out. I'll write the authors and point out this obvious flaw in their studies.

Here. Now do this one. It's peer reviewed.

:highfive:

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

"Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows
July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.

“The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” said Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, who co-authored the study with Henry Ford epidemiologist Dr. Samia Arshad. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Zervos said the potential for a surge in the fall or sooner, and infections continuing worldwide, show an urgency to identifying inexpensive and effective therapies and preventions.

“We’re glad to add to the scientific knowledge base on the role and how best to use therapies as we work around the world to provide insight,” he said. “Considered in the context of current studies on the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, our results suggest that the drug may have an important role to play in reducing COVID-19 mortality.”

The study also found those treated with azithromycin alone or a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin also fared slightly better than those not treated with the drugs, according to the Henry Ford data. The analysis found 22.4% of those treated only with azithromycin died, and 20.1% treated with a combination of azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 26.4% of patients dying who were not treated with either medication.

“Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped saves lives,” said neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System. “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.”

Overall, hospital system patients in the study experienced an 18.1% in-hospital mortality rate. Regardless of treatment, mortality was highest in:

Patients older than 65,
Patients who identified as Caucasian,
Patients admitted with reduced oxygen levels,
Patients who required ICU admission.
Patients who died commonly had serious underlying diseases, including chronic kidney and lung disease, with 88% dying from respiratory failure. Globally, the overall mortality from SARS-COV-2 is estimated to be approximately 6% to 7%, with mortality in hospitalized patients ranging between 10% and 30%, according to the study. Mortality as high as 58% has been seen among patients requiring ICU care and mechanical ventilation.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, hydroxychloroquine (also known as hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is a U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)-approved arthritis medicine that also can be used to prevent or treat malaria. It is available in the United States by prescription only. The drug is sold under the brand name Plaquenil and it is also sold as a generic medicine. It is commonly used by patients with arthritis, lupus or other rheumatic conditions.

Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.

“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said.

Henry Ford Health System, as one of the region’s major academic medical centers with more than $100 million in annual research funding, is involved in numerous COVID-19 trials with national and international partners.

Henry Ford Health System is currently also involved in a prophylactic hydroxychloroquine study: “Will Hydroxychloroquine Impede or Prevent COVID-19,” or WHIP COVID-19. The study is a 3,000-person, randomized, double-blinded look at whether hydroxychloroquine prevents healthcare and frontline workers from contracting the COVID-19 virus. The WHIP COVID-19 team is working on expanding study sites while there is a lull in the number of COVID-19 cases in Southeast Michigan. This is in preparation for a potential increase of COVID-19 cases as Fall flu season approaches, with additional sites available for convenient enrollment of healthcare workers and first responders. The WHIP COVID-19 team is also taking this gift of time to reach out to other areas of the world that are seeing a blossoming of cases: Brazil and Argentina. There are currently 619 people enrolled in the study, out of a target of 3,000.

###

About Henry Ford Health System:

Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a $6.5 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. An active participant in medical education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses, pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians."

Here we go koods, let's rip it up together! I'll start with underlining an important piece of information. Then you go!

I guess we were in some sort of raffle recently that I too was unaware of participating in.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #26805991 - 07/05/20 09:34 PM (28 days, 23 hours ago)

they are filled with non covid19 patients, people doing old surgeries and put off work.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: @koods [Re: starfire_xes]
    #26806026 - 07/05/20 10:36 PM (28 days, 22 hours ago)

This whole thread is one giant pile of oooooof with a side of yikes.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Onlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26806207 - 07/06/20 04:40 AM (28 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
You're right koods. This study is bunk. Great job at pointing that out. I'll write the authors and point out this obvious flaw in their studies.

Here. Now do this one. It's peer reviewed.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study

"Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows
July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.

“The findings have been highly analyzed and peer-reviewed,” said Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of Infectious Disease for Henry Ford Health System, who co-authored the study with Henry Ford epidemiologist Dr. Samia Arshad. “We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Zervos said the potential for a surge in the fall or sooner, and infections continuing worldwide, show an urgency to identifying inexpensive and effective therapies and preventions.

“We’re glad to add to the scientific knowledge base on the role and how best to use therapies as we work around the world to provide insight,” he said. “Considered in the context of current studies on the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, our results suggest that the drug may have an important role to play in reducing COVID-19 mortality.”

The study also found those treated with azithromycin alone or a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin also fared slightly better than those not treated with the drugs, according to the Henry Ford data. The analysis found 22.4% of those treated only with azithromycin died, and 20.1% treated with a combination of azithromycin and hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 26.4% of patients dying who were not treated with either medication.

“Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped saves lives,” said neurosurgeon Dr. Steven Kalkanis, CEO, Henry Ford Medical Group and Senior Vice President and Chief Academic Officer of Henry Ford Health System. “As doctors and scientists, we look to the data for insight. And the data here is clear that there was benefit to using the drug as a treatment for sick, hospitalized patients.”

Overall, hospital system patients in the study experienced an 18.1% in-hospital mortality rate. Regardless of treatment, mortality was highest in:

Patients older than 65,
Patients who died commonly had serious underlying diseases, including chronic kidney and lung disease, with 88% dying from respiratory failure. Globally, the overall mortality from SARS-COV-2 is estimated to be approximately 6% to 7%, with mortality in hospitalized patients ranging between 10% and 30%, according to the study. Mortality as high as 58% has been seen among patients requiring ICU care and mechanical ventilation.

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, hydroxychloroquine (also known as hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is a U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)-approved arthritis medicine that also can be used to prevent or treat malaria. It is available in the United States by prescription only. The drug is sold under the brand name Plaquenil and it is also sold as a generic medicine. It is commonly used by patients with arthritis, lupus or other rheumatic conditions.

Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.

“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said.

Henry Ford Health System, as one of the region’s major academic medical centers with more than $100 million in annual research funding, is involved in numerous COVID-19 trials with national and international partners.

Henry Ford Health System is currently also involved in a prophylactic hydroxychloroquine study: “Will Hydroxychloroquine Impede or Prevent COVID-19,” or WHIP COVID-19. The study is a 3,000-person, randomized, double-blinded look at whether hydroxychloroquine prevents healthcare and frontline workers from contracting the COVID-19 virus. The WHIP COVID-19 team is working on expanding study sites while there is a lull in the number of COVID-19 cases in Southeast Michigan. This is in preparation for a potential increase of COVID-19 cases as Fall flu season approaches, with additional sites available for convenient enrollment of healthcare workers and first responders. The WHIP COVID-19 team is also taking this gift of time to reach out to other areas of the world that are seeing a blossoming of cases: Brazil and Argentina. There are currently 619 people enrolled in the study, out of a target of 3,000.

###

About Henry Ford Health System:

Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a $6.5 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. An active participant in medical education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses, pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians."

Here we go koods, let's rip it up together! I'll start with underlining an important piece of information. Then you go!

I guess we were in some sort of raffle recently that I too was unaware of participating in.

So that one sample showed a death rate of 13% in people using hcc, compared to the 18.1% rate overall at the hospital. They also list the median age of people given the treatment as 65, when most deaths occur above 65, and they don't give a breakdowm of icu vs covid floor or the general conditioon of the patients in those studies.

Then you factor in that they'd need to pass a scrrening to qualify for treatment, have good cardiovascualr function and no organ trouble. They also likely wouldn't be getting consent to use it in peole on ventillators, more likely to die. This study wreaks of patient selection bias, if you give the drug to people who are less likely to die in the first place that defeats the purpose of what thet claimed to be studying

That # would have to be a whole lot lower than 13% to really mean anything clinically, without all the confounding variables addressed.

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26806212 - 07/06/20 04:48 AM (28 days, 16 hours ago)

"Overall, hospital system patients in the study experienced an 18.1% in-hospital mortality rate. Regardless of treatment, mortality was highest in:

Patients older than 65,
Patients who died commonly had serious underlying diseases, including chronic kidney and lung disease, with 88% dying from respiratory failure. Globally, the overall mortality from SARS-COV-2 is estimated to be approximately 6% to 7%, with mortality in hospitalized patients ranging between 10% and 30%, according to the study. Mortality as high as 58% has been seen among patients requiring ICU care and mechanical ventilation."

Overall means mortality from both the treated and untreaded groups is at 18.1%.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
    #26806229 - 07/06/20 05:23 AM (28 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

With surges in cases, one would expect to see bigger numbers than these. Where is this explosion of death?
Again, I am having a really hard time understanding why states are closing businesses.

Ignoring the fact that deaths is not the only impact this has on a community...

What number of deaths/day by Friday would you like to see to say confidently there hasn't been an explosion? 
750 (approx. 2 week high)? 
1000 (approx. 1 month high)?
1500 (approx. 6 week high)?

Is there any number at which you'd be willing to change your position?

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: @koods [Re: Guy1980]
    #26806259 - 07/06/20 06:06 AM (28 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Guy1980 said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

Ignoring the fact that deaths is not the only impact this has on a community...

What number of deaths/day by Friday would you like to see to say confidently there hasn't been an explosion? 
750 (approx. 2 week high)? 
1000 (approx. 1 month high)?
1500 (approx. 6 week high)?

Is there any number at which you'd be willing to change your position?

These are questions for those imposing stay at home orders, closing businesses and mandating mask for healthy people.

Death may not be THE only impact, as we are witnessing many issues such as depression, anxiety, financial stress, suicide, domestic violence, etc, etc, etc.

And those have nothing to do with being sick with a virus.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
    #26806277 - 07/06/20 06:26 AM (28 days, 15 hours ago)

I was only responding to your question "where is the explosion of death?".

What would you define as an explosion of death?

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26806287 - 07/06/20 06:37 AM (28 days, 14 hours ago)

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
Re: @koods [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26806349 - 07/06/20 07:41 AM (28 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
https://www.sciencealert.com/researchers-model-what-the-us-second-peak-could-look-like

Good article.  I think (just gut feeling) that it's a bit optimistic with its 500 deaths/day prediction, but if the ages of those going into hospital are that much lower, hopefully it will be prove accurate.

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26806364 - 07/06/20 07:59 AM (28 days, 13 hours ago)

--------------------

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26806367 - 07/06/20 08:00 AM (28 days, 13 hours ago)

You asked for it buddy!

:loveintheair:

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26806371 - 07/06/20 08:01 AM (28 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
You asked for it buddy!

:deserved:

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26808786 - 07/07/20 10:47 AM (27 days, 10 hours ago)

Destroying livelihoods for less than 400 deaths, nation wide.

:badtrip:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
    #26808968 - 07/07/20 12:24 PM (27 days, 9 hours ago)

its the presidents fault for not coordinating a plan

the states dont have the recources to bootstrap a plan

its not so much about ppe as it is monitoring cases and throttling back in person services at a moments notice

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: @koods [Re: cannabinated]
    #26809057 - 07/07/20 01:02 PM (27 days, 8 hours ago)

The virus is weak af.

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: budmanman] * 2
    #26809067 - 07/07/20 01:05 PM (27 days, 8 hours ago)

I am sitting here at work daydreaming about how a hypothetical HamHead & koodler happy hour would be like

:philososloth:

Just them two at a bar

Jeezus fuck I need to get away from this website

What's that self ban link again?

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

#26809083 - 07/07/20 01:12 PM (27 days, 8 hours ago)

also his fault for disintegrating the pandemic response task force right before this happened :popcorn:

Invisible1234go
Brandon Flowers
 User Gallery

#26809098 - 07/07/20 01:18 PM (27 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
I am sitting here at work daydreaming about how a hypothetical HamHead & koodler happy hour would be like

Just them two at a bar

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/wellness.php

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: 1234go] * 1
    #26809102 - 07/07/20 01:20 PM (27 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

Just them two at a bar

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/wellness.php

Link saved, thank you 1234go

:youthemandawg:

--------------------

Invisible1234go
Brandon Flowers
 User Gallery

#26809105 - 07/07/20 01:21 PM (27 days, 8 hours ago)

:yourewelcome:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26809433 - 07/07/20 04:34 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

It’s almost 900 today so far, more than any day since June 10th. You ready to admit you were wrong? The spike in deaths is starting.

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/07/20 04:37 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26809442 - 07/07/20 04:43 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

It’s almost 900 today so far, more than any day since June 10th. You ready to admit you were wrong? The spike in deaths is starting.

Nope. Because it is not exploding. I'll admit when there are more mass graves being dug. And those didn't last too long.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26809444 - 07/07/20 04:44 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

Total denial.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26809445 - 07/07/20 04:45 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Total denial.

Look in a mirror.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26809456 - 07/07/20 04:50 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

You said there wouldn’t be a spike in deaths. Deaths more than doubled in one day. You’ve been proven wrong.

Mods let’s end this thread

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/07/20 04:51 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26809489 - 07/07/20 05:09 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
You said there wouldn’t be a spike in deaths. Deaths more than doubled in one day. You’ve been proven wrong.

One day does not prove anything. Certainly not an explosion.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26809493 - 07/07/20 05:11 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

way too much sexual energy in here between you two

--------------------

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Niffla] * 2
    #26809501 - 07/07/20 05:14 PM (27 days, 4 hours ago)

So heavy.  I tried cutting it with a knife but the knife melted from the sheer amount of thermal-sexual energy radiating between these two.

--------------------

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

#26809931 - 07/07/20 09:13 PM (27 days, 20 minutes ago)

sometimes the amalgamation of such polarities can be a thing of beauty :sadyes:

:yinyang2:

--------------------
:awedance:

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: crackbaby]
    #26809935 - 07/07/20 09:16 PM (27 days, 17 minutes ago)

Anus time?

--------------------

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

#26809938 - 07/07/20 09:19 PM (27 days, 14 minutes ago)

be patient :crankey:

--------------------
:awedance:

InvisibleSpicemaster
OTD Anchorman
I'm a teapot

#26810011 - 07/07/20 10:41 PM (26 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
You asked for it buddy!

did not did not
:fuckthisshit:

--------------------

PAW FOR OTD and Sports forum MOD 2020:fuckyeah::leocheers:

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: @koods [Re: Spicemaster]
    #26810032 - 07/07/20 10:59 PM (26 days, 22 hours ago)

You're dead. You don't get an opinion.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26810302 - 07/08/20 04:48 AM (26 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:

1000 dead in one day. When are you going to give up the magical thinking that more cases won’t result in more deaths?

--------------------

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Spicemaster]
    #26810390 - 07/08/20 05:58 AM (26 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Spicemaster said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
You asked for it buddy!

did not did not
:fuckthisshit:

:seriousthankyou:

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26811341 - 07/08/20 05:03 PM (26 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:

Another 800 dead so far today.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: koods] * 2
    #26811343 - 07/08/20 05:04 PM (26 days, 4 hours ago)

So we’re going down..:coolpost:

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26811386 - 07/08/20 05:31 PM (26 days, 4 hours ago)

How do you figure that? We’re 200 per day over the past three Tuesday and Wednesday counts (the US reporting is highly cyclical where Tuesday almost universally is the day with highest deaths followed by Wednesday - if today is higher than yesterday that would indicate a serious increase in the daily death count - you have to compare numbers from any day to the same day in previous weeks.)

--------------------

Invisiblecannabinated

#26811460 - 07/08/20 06:06 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

were pretty much about to see an explosion of death until the south takes it seriously

Invisiblecannabinated

Re: @koods [Re: cannabinated]
    #26811463 - 07/08/20 06:07 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

a death splosion if u may

probably bout to go to far deadlier days than the deadliest day

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26811485 - 07/08/20 06:20 PM (26 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
How do you figure that? We’re 200 per day over the past three Tuesday and Wednesday counts (the US reporting is highly cyclical where Tuesday almost universally is the day with highest deaths followed by Wednesday - if today is higher than yesterday that would indicate a serious increase in the daily death count - you have to compare numbers from any day to the same day in previous weeks.)

I like this graph, it paints pictures.

And to compare any day to a previous week? How about today and let's say, April 22nd, a Wednesday?

Can't compare these two, sorry.

How far am I allowed to go back Koods? It's been six weeks since memorial day and mass protests. Are we just now seeing those deaths? When did they happen?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26811604 - 07/08/20 07:30 PM (26 days, 2 hours ago)

I told you weeks ago the protests wouldn’t cause a spike. Outdoors. People wore masks 🤦‍♂️

The whole premise of this thread is that cases are going up but deaths aren’t. Now they are. As anyone with common sense could have predicted. There’s really nothing left to say. 1900 dead in the past two days. Put on a mask you sociopath.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26811625 - 07/08/20 07:46 PM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I told you weeks ago the protests wouldn’t cause a spike. Outdoors. People wore masks 🤦‍♂️

So, what is causing these spikes in cases?

What else could it be?

Oh, wait, that's right. It's all those people not wearing mask, getting those people wearing mask sick?

I'm really confused.

koods, explain.

Why the spike in cases?

Why have deaths remained near flat for the past month?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26811649 - 07/08/20 08:06 PM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Y'all both know you're never ever going to convince the other, right?

I got a better chance of hitting the powerball than either of you do of convincing the other that you're right

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#26811657 - 07/08/20 08:15 PM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

The goal is not to convince Nifflaa. It's to argue and reaffirm ones own beliefs.

Kinda like when a christian and an atheist can't leave each other alone.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #26811666 - 07/08/20 08:25 PM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

One of us is right

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26811668 - 07/08/20 08:28 PM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

koods said:
One of us is right

:pleasetellmemore:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleNiffla
Wing War Winner 2020
Male User Gallery

#26811675 - 07/08/20 08:32 PM (26 days, 1 hour ago)

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #26811918 - 07/09/20 12:42 AM (25 days, 20 hours ago)

Originally, OP's position was:

Quote:

HamHead said:

As deaths start rising to near 1k/day, OP's position turns out to be:

Quote:

HamHead said:

So, what is causing these spikes in cases?

What else could it be?

Oh, wait, that's right. It's all those people not wearing mask, getting those people wearing mask sick?

I'm really confused.

koods, explain.

Why the spike in cases?

Why have deaths remained near flat for the past month?

+10 for shifting the goalposts there OP

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26812001 - 07/09/20 02:50 AM (25 days, 18 hours ago)

The massive increase in cases doesn't correlate with the deaths at all.

--------------------

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
    #26812017 - 07/09/20 03:33 AM (25 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
The massive increase in cases doesn't correlate with the deaths at all.

No, there's a lag due to contracting > testing positive > hospitalisation > death > death recorded.  It is (or was) around 14 days from test > death.

The US spike went over the rolling 7 day average for 4 consecutive days on June 19th, so allowing for the lag, I'd expect the deaths to start correlating from after July 4th.

It's reasonable to expect the deaths to start increasing from this date (which it is very early days but that seems to be happening).

Whilst hospitals have capacity, I doubt they will correlate as strongly as back in April for a lot of reasons.  The average age of those being hospitalised is lower, the treatments and research have improved the survival rate, the positive tests will be higher than in March due to testing being more available.

Taking this into account, the reasonable assumption will be that deaths will keep increasing for the next two weeks or so, but hopefully not at the ratios that were seen in NY.

The two past days figures show an increase in deaths, but it's possibly due to the 4th July causing delays on recording.

The number of deaths for today and tomorrow will tell the story more clearly.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26812024 - 07/09/20 03:44 AM (25 days, 17 hours ago)

Cases have been at all time highs since june 24th, it doesn't correlate with the deaths at all. Dude we had deaths as high as 2,700 a day before with way less than that lol

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26812175 - 07/09/20 06:06 AM (25 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
So we’re going down..:coolpost:

:thumbsup:

I did not consider holiday weekends impact on numbers.

My goalposts have not moved. I'm still kicking at single/double digit deaths in a majority of states.

And I'm not even looking at other countries.

:justfuck:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
    #26812177 - 07/09/20 06:07 AM (25 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
Cases have been at all time highs since june 24th, it doesn't correlate with the deaths at all. Dude we had deaths as high as 2,700 a day before with way less than that lol

Do you really think it doesn't correlate?

"Cases have been at all time highs since june 24th"

Yup, that was a new high since the previous high in Mar/Apr.  The 7 day average started rising noticeably a few days before that (June 20th).  A 15 day lag between cases and deaths would put deaths starting at about the current date.  Which tentatively, is what we're seeing.

"Dude we had deaths as high as 2,700 a day before with way less than that lol"

Agreed, and the average peak of deaths correlates with the peak of detected infections 14 days prior.  As I've said, the ratio of detected infections to deaths now should be higher (less deaths/case) due to the factors mentioned above (age, testing, treatment).

The CFR probably wont be the same as in April, it will be better, but correlation means more cases = more deaths.  Exactly how many deaths depends on a lot of factors.

InvisibleGuy1980
 User Gallery
    #26812191 - 07/09/20 06:21 AM (25 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

My goalposts have not moved. I'm still kicking at single/double digit deaths in a majority of states.

I apologise, I didn't realise you meant triple figures in individual states.
However, this is an unreliable measure, as 1/3rd of the US population is based in 1/10th of the states.  3 figures in California is less significant than 3 figures in Arizona.

If we try to average it out, we could say 26 states have three figures, the other 24 have 0.  This would give 2600 deaths/day nationwide.

Is that a fair nationwide figure to say each state has hit triple figures?

OnlineThe Blind Ass
Foolishly Happy
Male User Gallery

#26812746 - 07/09/20 11:56 AM (25 days, 9 hours ago)

666 post count.....for the entire thread 🤨

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: Niffla] * 3
    #26812807 - 07/09/20 12:20 PM (25 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Y'all both know you're never ever going to convince the other, right?

I got a better chance of hitting the powerball than either of you do of convincing the other that you're right

if hamhead ever receives an education in healthcare he is going to be incredibly embarrased at the way he has behaved on here throughout this entire ordeal.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26812864 - 07/09/20 12:54 PM (25 days, 8 hours ago)

Arizona now has the highest per capita rate of new infections IN THE WORLD.

--------------------

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26812901 - 07/09/20 01:10 PM (25 days, 8 hours ago)

We were tired of being last in education so we stepped it up to get first in something for once.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Onlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

#26813057 - 07/09/20 02:22 PM (25 days, 7 hours ago)

:fuckyeah:

Invisiblecannabinated

#26813072 - 07/09/20 02:26 PM (25 days, 7 hours ago)

@koods

:flowers:

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26813197 - 07/09/20 03:45 PM (25 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
if hamhead ever receives an education in healthcare he is going to be incredibly embarrased at the way he has behaved on here throughout this entire ordeal.

I'm sorry, I fail to see a correlation between my education and my behavior.

Quote:

koods said:
Arizona now has the highest per capita rate of new infections IN THE WORLD.

What's your point, koods? 99% will recover.

:teareally:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26813222 - 07/09/20 04:08 PM (25 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

I'm sorry, I fail to see a correlation between my education and my behavior.

I don't think anyone will find this surprising.

Quote:

What's your point, koods? 99% will recover.

You, specifically, might be more likely to die by cutting yourself on your own edginess.

OfflineFSHuntings
Half Man Half Amazing

#26813267 - 07/09/20 04:34 PM (25 days, 4 hours ago)

Hamhead and budmanman are fighting the fight that needs to be done.

Edited by FSHuntings (07/09/20 04:38 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: @koods [Re: FSHuntings] * 1
    #26816720 - 07/11/20 07:59 AM (23 days, 13 hours ago)

Words of Atlanta moving backwards to phase 1.

Makes a lot of sense. Limit people to essential work, making those non essential workers feel useless.

I bet that $1,200 is doing a lot of people just fine. No worries about paying bills or feeding children.

I wonder how many children will go hungry, or worse, starve to death because their parents aren't allowed by their government to earn a living.

But we have to be careful, people might will get sick and die.

Wear your mask and continue to eat junk food and destroy your body. It'll all be ok, a vaccine will be available, sometime or another, to save you from infection.

A vaccine to prevent infection.

Even more sense being made here.

A vaccine inoculates a host with a virus.

To prevent infection.

:jolly:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Edited by HamHead (07/11/20 08:01 AM)

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26817536 - 07/11/20 02:45 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

Vaccines are either dead or weakened viruses. They simulate catching the virus. Its why I am glad I caught the virus while healthy, now I have anti bodies and when my count is low I also have TRIM21 anti bodies inside my cells. I also have memory cells in my lymphocyte system. My wife works in a nursing home and is regularly exposed to the virus, recently the lymph node that swelled in my neck while I had the virus that I never even knew I had, recently swelled for a day or 2 again. I suspect that I was exposed to the virus again and concurred its booty hole rapidly. Thanks immune system for being sucha bad ass.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817552 - 07/11/20 02:56 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

Lol that’s not really how it works.

Studies have shown that asymptomatic covid infections produce a very poor immune response and detectable antibodies are lost very rapidly. You can’t get immunity by simply being exposed to a virus. You need a massive number of antigens present over a number of days to have a successful immune response that makes antibodies - either an active infection or a vaccine. Fleeting exposure to some viral particles won’t work.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26817561 - 07/11/20 03:01 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

I am a survivor of the virus. I got sick for about a week with it 3ish months ago. I am now immune.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817567 - 07/11/20 03:06 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

You’re immune for now. The more sick you got and the longer yu were sick probably determines how long your immunity lasts. Immunity to the coronaviruses that cause colds lasts a year or two.

It’s also unlikely that you would have swollen lymph nodes from a virus you are immune to.

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/11/20 03:11 PM)

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26817579 - 07/11/20 03:11 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

For complete resistance, it is 2-3 years but familiarity creates life long resistance. Immunity and viral resistance is even passed down to your kids. This is why diseases from Europe absolutely decimated the natives but were just common colds to Europeans.

Edited by budmanman (07/11/20 03:12 PM)

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26817586 - 07/11/20 03:14 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

Oh and then re exposure just re starts up your long term resistance, Natures booster shots.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817601 - 07/11/20 03:21 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

Immunity and viral resistance is even passed down to your kids

Not genetically

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: @koods [Re: koods] * 1
    #26817622 - 07/11/20 03:29 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Immunity and viral resistance is even passed down to your kids

Not genetically

This is why I normally just ignore you which I will just go back to doing. You are always wrong about everything its just better to pretend you don't exist.

https://www.pasteur.fr/en/africans-and-europeans-have-genetically-different-immune-systems-and-neanderthals-had-something-do

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170105082755.htm#:~:text=Summary%3A,by%20genes%2C%20new%20research%20reveals.&text=Nearly%20three%20quarters%20of%20immune,from%20King's%20College%20London%20reveals.

https://austinpublishinggroup.com/ebooks/innovative-immunology/chapters/II-14-04.pdf

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: @koods [Re: budmanman] * 1
    #26817628 - 07/11/20 03:31 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817632 - 07/11/20 03:33 PM (23 days, 6 hours ago)

You actually believe that acquired immunity can be passed down through your genes? JFC

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: @koods [Re: koods] * 2
    #26817637 - 07/11/20 03:35 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

The immune system literally evolved and came into existence by being passed down in genes lol. I am done with you Koods, I wash my hands of you.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817698 - 07/11/20 03:59 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

Genetic immunity develops over multiple generations through natural selection. In no way does acquired immunity alter your genes to encode that immunity to be available to your offspring.

Basically, genetic variations make individuals more or less susceptible to diseases. Those who are more susceptible are more likely to die or suffer in a way that their genes are not passed down. Over multiple generations this produces a genome that is more resistant to a disease. Aside from random mutations and damage, your genetic material is not altered by your exposure to a virus. It does not learn from an infection. That’s not how genetics works. Genetic variations are random and changes over time and generations only occurs through selective pressure.

--------------------

Edited by koods (07/11/20 04:05 PM)

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: budmanman] * 2
    #26817699 - 07/11/20 03:59 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

You have developed a Kood’s immunity..:smilingpuppy:

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: @koods [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #26817705 - 07/11/20 04:01 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817718 - 07/11/20 04:06 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

You’re way out of your league on this one dude.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26817726 - 07/11/20 04:10 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

"They also highlight the importance of environmental influences such as our diet, on shaping the innate immunity (the simple core immune response found in all animals) in adult life."

Quote:

Amanita86 said:
You have developed a Kood’s immunity..:smilingpuppy:

Impossible! koods level of ignorance has plagued earth.

Quick, we need to start research. No, fuck research, just make the god damn vaccine already, we all need immunity to koods.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Edited by HamHead (07/11/20 04:11 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26817733 - 07/11/20 04:14 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
Even memories pass down genetically lol this is why I just have to be done with you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-25156510#:~:text=Behaviour%20can%20be%20affected%20by,and%20behaviour%20of%20subsequent%20generations.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fearful-memories-passed-down/

https://www.paracelsus-recovery.com/blog/inherited-family-trauma/

"We inherit trauma from our parents and grandparents in much the same way we inherit our ancestors’ blood type or eye color. It may sound like something straight from a science fiction novel, but researchers have discovered that trauma actually causes measurable changes in our DNA."

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

#26817734 - 07/11/20 04:14 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

Kood’s ignorance is treatment resistant..:uhoh:

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817735 - 07/11/20 04:15 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

We’re talking about aquired immunity and how it doesn’t simply become innate immunity encoded in the genome. People have a hard time understanding evolutionary genetics but I assure you that acquired immunity does not alter a person’s genetics to be passed down to offspring.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26817745 - 07/11/20 04:20 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I assure you

Thanks. This makes me feel so much better.

Here's a :hug: for all those hard times.

We can assure each other.

Make all those rumors come true.

:ohwow:

Edited by HamHead (07/11/20 04:20 PM)

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26817747 - 07/11/20 04:21 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Amanita86 said:

This thread is a wonderful example of the Dunning Kruger effect.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26817752 - 07/11/20 04:24 PM (23 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Amanita86 said:

This thread is a wonderful example of the Dunning Kruger effect.

And you're in it!

:haha:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: @koods [Re: HamHead] * 3
    #26817921 - 07/11/20 05:51 PM (23 days, 3 hours ago)

I back up my claims with sources, Koods backs his with just trust me bruh

--------------------

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26817925 - 07/11/20 05:53 PM (23 days, 3 hours ago)

Hi koods, remember me?

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856108 - 07/31/20 07:46 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:

Remember, it's a weekend, so numbers will be lower than a weekday. Seems people either don't die as much on weekends, or there's shoddy/lazy reporting.

6,300 deaths since Monday.

Your kind of magical thinking is dangerous.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26856121 - 07/31/20 07:53 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Curious as to if any influenza deaths are being counted?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856125 - 07/31/20 07:56 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Yeah there were 6300 influenza deaths in July. You figured it out.

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26856127 - 07/31/20 07:56 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Lol, nobody is getting the flu here right now

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856150 - 07/31/20 08:04 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

One advantage of the social distancing is it has likely shut the flu down almost entirely. I doubt many people are getting colds either.

I’m curious to see what the CDC data on STDs will be for this year.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856156 - 07/31/20 08:07 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

Morrow, what are your thoughts on the current plateau in new cases? Is it real or have we just hit our testing capacity limits?

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26856198 - 07/31/20 08:28 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

I also dont spend a lot of my free time looking into covid related news anymore so i can only speak anecodtally. Admissions are dropping somewhat but because of all the long term patients, the hospitals are still packed. It does seem to me here in texas at least, people have finally gotten the message on the importance of wearing masks in public. When you get to a high number of cases, it reaches the point where practically everyone knows someone who is really sick with covid, and i think that is the biggest driver of people changing their behaviors. Everyone I know here knows at least one person who has been hospitalized now, most people know several. Even the uneducated people seem to have realized they cant just skate through this by ignoring it. I overheard a conversation at the train station where hispanic immigrants were talking shit about their neighbors for having bbqs now, talking about all the people they know who caught it.  Afaik we have continued to roll out more and more testing. The tests results still take an absurdly long time to return though.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856202 - 07/31/20 08:33 PM (3 days, 1 hour ago)

It really seems like we are keeping more people alive but this is making the hospital stays even longer. I was comparing new cases graph with the deaths graph and the lag is almost a month now.

--------------------

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

#26856211 - 07/31/20 08:36 PM (3 days, 56 minutes ago)

I think back in new york part of the problem was the patient to staff ratios were totally fucked. When youve got ten icu patients and two of them decompensate at the same time, at least one them is probably gonna die. Code teams dont work when everyone is stretched thin already. When you look at the ratio of cases to deaths in ny vs tx the difference is stark. When these patients decompensate it happens very rapidly and it requires a lot of manpower to pull them back from the brink

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Male

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #26856223 - 07/31/20 08:40 PM (3 days, 52 minutes ago)

Wheres my monthly check. Waiting to cough on everyone until we all have it if you want us to starve in the name of this garbage

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: @koods [Re: ichugwindex]
    #26856467 - 07/31/20 11:42 PM (2 days, 21 hours ago)

How strange.

Lockdowns began week 13.

Those percentages drop pretty quick, like influenza almost disappears after week 13 with less than %1 positive test.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Invisiblecannabinated

#26856499 - 08/01/20 12:28 AM (2 days, 21 hours ago)

ur point

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856516 - 08/01/20 12:40 AM (2 days, 20 hours ago)

How is that strange? That’s exactly what you would expect when everyone is sheltering in place, businesses are closed and people are social distancing. You think these measures only work for coronavirus? That’s drop off in cases is exactly what you’d expect, and it would be much more precipitous than covid because the flu is less contagious and has a very short incubation period (1.5 days median compared to 5 days for covid)

And it was week 11 when the shit hit the fan and people started being paranoid. Week 12 is when the first lockdowns started. Also the flu naturally starts to wane in March.

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: cannabinated] * 1
    #26856518 - 08/01/20 12:42 AM (2 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
ur point

His point is lockdowns are amazingly effective at halting the spread of infectious respiratory viruses.

That data is fantastic. Finally hamhead posted something worthwhile. Only 3 new cases of the flu in the entire US that last week.

--------------------

Edited by koods (08/01/20 12:47 AM)

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856528 - 08/01/20 12:55 AM (2 days, 20 hours ago)

Considering the US is isolated from the rest of the world, and people are still going to be practicing social distancing and good hygiene and most schools will be at least modified to some extent, it is possible we may not have a flu season this year.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26856553 - 08/01/20 01:16 AM (2 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

cannabinated said:
ur point

His point is lockdowns are amazingly effective at halting the spread of infectious respiratory viruses.

That data is fantastic. Finally hamhead posted something worthwhile. Only 3 new cases of the flu in the entire US that last week.

If you believe there was only 3 cases of flu, you're delusional.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/05/07/new-survey-suggests-66--of-all-new-hospitalizations-are-from-people-sheltering-at-home-

"A new survey of 1,300 patients at 113 hospitals around New York state suggests that 66 percent of all new hospitalizations are people who are sheltering at home. And only 3 percent in New York City had been using public transportation."

Yeah, lockdowns work great, nevermind destroying millions of peoples opportunity to earn a living.

Sorry koods, you're wrong. Lockdowns have not had much effect on preventing spread, considering people were going to grocery stores, hardware stores, liquor stores, gas stations, etc, etc, etc. All while not wearing mask, mind you.

Now, we're all wearing mask and seeing case numbers far exceeding those of 3 months ago. With death rates in a majority of states remaining low, comparable with flu.

Yet, it's ok to gather and protest on a daily basis, but you cannot go to work to make money for rent.

There are low flu numbers because flu isn't tested for near as often. As you can see, week 11, there were 74,416 test for flu in an entire week. Week 30, 4327 test, all week.

Now, this is hypothetical. We are testing Covid out the ass, tens of thousands of test in each state and cases are being found.

If there were as many influenza specific test preformed with zero emphasis on looking for Covid, I can bet there would be many more cases of influenza than 3.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26856565 - 08/01/20 01:38 AM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

Almost certainly every single covid admission to hospital is getting a full virus panel, including flu viruses. Considering the flu is nearly non existent in the population right now and were still testing 4000 a week, those are likely almost all covid patients. Do you see the percent positive? It’s tiny.

Compare this year to last year, week 30. Last year there were 6300 tests with a 2.72% positivity. This year 4300 tests with 0.06% positivity. The would have had to run 245,000 tests in 2019 to get a 0.06 positivity rate.

You are not being intellectually honest. It’s evidently clear through the data you provided yourself that there almost no patients infected with the flu at this time. Explain how the positivity rate went to below 1% within weeks of the lockdown while in the previous year it took months just to get down to below 3% for the same weeks.

Quote:

there were as many influenza specific test preformed with zero emphasis on looking for Covid, I can bet there would be many more cases of influenza than.

You need to ask yourself why there’s were 4300 tests run for the flu when there were only 3 positives. Why are there so many tests with such a low prevalence unless they are being run as a workup for covid patients.

Edited by koods (08/01/20 02:00 AM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857053 - 08/01/20 10:45 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Almost certainly every single covid admission to hospital is getting a full virus panel, including flu viruses. Considering the flu is nearly non existent in the population right now and were still testing 4000 a week, those are likely almost all covid patients. Do you see the percent positive? It’s tiny.

Compare this year to last year, week 30. Last year there were 6300 tests with a 2.72% positivity. This year 4300 tests with 0.06% positivity. The would have had to run 245,000 tests in 2019 to get a 0.06 positivity rate.

You are not being intellectually honest. It’s evidently clear through the data you provided yourself that there almost no patients infected with the flu at this time. Explain how the positivity rate went to below 1% within weeks of the lockdown while in the previous year it took months just to get down to below 3% for the same weeks.

Quote:

there were as many influenza specific test preformed with zero emphasis on looking for Covid, I can bet there would be many more cases of influenza than.

You need to ask yourself why there’s were 4300 tests run for the flu when there were only 3 positives. Why are there so many tests with such a low prevalence unless they are being run as a workup for covid patients.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medicare-hospitals-covid-patients/

I don't have to ask myself why there are so few cases of flu.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/24/fact-check-medicare-hospitals-paid-more-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

"It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate).

The CARES Act created the 20% add-on to be paid for Medicare patients with COVID-19. The act further created a $100 billion fund that is being used to financially assist hospitals — a “portion” of which will be “used to reimburse healthcare providers, at Medicare rates, for COVID-related treatment of the uninsured,” according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

“There’s an implication here that hospitals are over-reporting their COVID patients because they have an economic advantage of doing so, [which] is really an outrageous claim,” Gerald Kominski, senior fellow at the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, told us. And, he said, any suggestion that patients may be put on ventilators out of financial gain, not medical need, “is basically saying physicians are violating their Hippocratic Oath … it would be like providing heart surgery on someone who doesn’t need it.”

The CDC guidance says that officials should report deaths in which the patient tested positive for COVID-19 — or, if a test isn’t available, “if the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty.” It further indicates that if a “definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed.'”

https://www.foxnews.com/health/hospitals-medicare-patients-cost-coronavirus

"HHS also announced that $10 billion would be set aside for high-impact areas significantly impacted by the coronavirus, emphasizing "that New York hospitals are expected to receive a large share of the funds."

"This more targeted funding will help address concerns from hospitals in the hardest-hit areas that they had not gotten sufficient funds to help them manage a surge in COVID-19 patients. To help HHS determine which facilities will qualify for this targeted distribution, each hospital must submit the number of ICU beds it has and its total COVID-19 admissions as of April 10, 2020," Kaiser observed.

On April 14, New York's overall coronavirus death toll was revised with a major leap – with some 3,700 fatalities added with the provision that the count now included "people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have it."

The uptick ignited a sharp rebuke from President Trump the following day, who then hinted that the hardest-hit state was inflating its numbers."

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26857062 - 08/01/20 10:56 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

You’re essentially a holocaust denier at this point.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857074 - 08/01/20 11:05 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Really?

That's all you've got?

No articles proving me wrong?

No fact check, oh wait, I already posted some of those.

Maybe we should submit these fact checkers work to be peer reviewed?

Fuck you for calling me a holocaust denier.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857081 - 08/01/20 11:08 AM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Your tattoo will contain microchips, connected to your bank account, hospital records and smartphones.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26857206 - 08/01/20 12:18 PM (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:

Really?

That's all you've got?

No articles proving me wrong?

No fact check, oh wait, I already posted some of those.

Maybe we should submit these fact checkers work to be peer reviewed?

Fuck you for calling me a holocaust denier.

A Holocaust is a great destruction or catastrophe. You’re straight up denying Americans are dying from this disease. It’s perverse and malicious.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26857209 - 08/01/20 12:19 PM (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Your tattoo will contain microchips, connected to your bank account, hospital records and smartphones.

You’re completely detached from reality

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Pareidolia

Re: @koods [Re: koods] * 1
    #26857227 - 08/01/20 12:29 PM (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

I agree.....it will just be ONE microchip :p

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: @koods [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26857250 - 08/01/20 12:47 PM (2 days, 8 hours ago)

and our kids will just have nanobot injections so it's not that big of a deal

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857251 - 08/01/20 12:48 PM (2 days, 8 hours ago)

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD District Attorney
 User Gallery

#26857407 - 08/01/20 03:05 PM (2 days, 6 hours ago)

You’re in a basement....  and you’re getting sleeeeepyyy..

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26857429 - 08/01/20 03:17 PM (2 days, 6 hours ago)

Toto represented the American
people. He was the one that
exsposed the cowardly lion for
what he truely was. He was also
the one that exposed the
Wizard for the snake oil
salesman that he was.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

#26857690 - 08/01/20 07:00 PM (2 days, 2 hours ago)

:popcorn:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Pareidolia

#26858034 - 08/01/20 11:51 PM (1 day, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

I agree.....it will just be ONE microchip :p

https://savedmag.com/bill-gates-quantum-dot-digital-tattoo-implant-to-track-covid-19-vaccine-compliance/

https://21stcenturywire.com/2019/12/23/bill-gates-develops-new-id-tattoo-to-check-for-vaccinations/

https://ahrp.org/micro-chip-technology-resurrects-tattoo-identification-medical-surveillance/

https://www.sciencealert.com/an-invisible-quantum-dot-tattoo-is-being-suggested-to-id-vaccinated-kids

https://needtoknow.news/2020/04/bill-gates-and-intellectual-ventures-fund-microchip-implant-vaccine-technology/

https://thewatchtowers.org/microsoft-owns-international-patent-060606-a-cryptocurrency-system-using-humans-who-have-been-chipped-as-the-miners/

Yeah, all these articles are a complete detach from reality.

I don't know if I even exist anymore.

Kinda feel like sleep Joe Biden right now.

Where am I?

I was being sarcastic in your favor :highfive1:

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26858037 - 08/01/20 11:53 PM (1 day, 21 hours ago)

I get excited sometimes.

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Pareidolia

#26858041 - 08/01/20 11:54 PM (1 day, 21 hours ago)

I like to rustle people's jimmies from time to time....everyone seemed to be ganging up on you....so I'm gonna take your side :awehigh:

--------------------
Ban lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (08/01/20 11:55 PM)

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26858048 - 08/02/20 12:10 AM (1 day, 21 hours ago)

:raisemyglass:

I don't mind being ganged up on.

I wouldn't be doing all this digging for articles for nothing. I've learned so much these past few months, things that I wouldn't have thought to be looking into, such as vaccines and zinc for gods sake.

I'll stand by zinc+HCQ, not because Trump said so but because research and science has shown it's effectiveness at fighting coronaviruses in general.

:havesomescience:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26861641 - 08/03/20 09:01 PM (32 minutes, 7 seconds ago)

:woooaaahhh:

Looks like Florida found some sort of cure for Rona!

Hey koods, I put those moving average lines on there for a better visual representation.

Care to make any two week predictions?

I bet you $1, cases in Florida either plateau or continue to see record low cases for the next 14 days, now - August  17th.

If they go above 10k, I'll owe you a virtual dollar.

If they stay below 10k, that virtual dollar can sit on your desk as a reminder.

Bet?

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26861659 - 08/03/20 09:18 PM (14 minutes, 52 seconds ago)

What does record low even mean? The most they can do is tie at 0.

Seems like the mask mandates are working. Or do you just think it’s happening magically.

--------------------

OnlineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26861674 - 08/03/20 09:26 PM (6 minutes, 39 seconds ago)

I think cases ramped up to keep Trump out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/23/trump-moves-to-cancel-parts-of-gop-convention-set-for-florida-citing-coronavirus.html

I think it's happening politically.

:shakeface:

--------------------
Jokeshopbeard said:
InfiniteDreams said:
koods said:
Asshole.
Jokeshopbeard said:

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26861681 - 08/03/20 09:31 PM (1 minute, 45 seconds ago)

Sure thing buddy

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Microscope, Scales

Community >> The Pub