Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Hormones * 1
    #26804640 - 07/05/20 05:47 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

how do you feel about hormone treatments more generally?

is this something that should be limited entirely to individuals prescribed by a doctor
or should the potential for imbalances be allowed to be decided upon by patients?

this has come up in the trans community a lot
in places where trans people cannot get authorizations from doctors
they will start taking grey market Estrogen or Testosterone without confirmation of appropriateness for their physical condition

this also shows up among body builders who frequently chug steroids often against medical advice because it jacks them up

is this something that should be controlled and authorized by doctors only
or should all adults be free to select whatever hormones they feel are appropriate to them
and to consider their use to be as valid as that provided by doctors

this has actually been an extra issue for me since my pre-teens
where eating a bunch of McDonalds seemingly, according to the doctor, was giving me growth spurt after growth spurt
due to the beef being injected with hormones

personally think adherance should be limited to people with doctors prescriptions
in the trans community this earns me the transphobic name of transmedicalist or TRUSCUM (trans that does not support all trans)

but have seen a lot of issues where people abuse testosterone without authorization
and have their personality all fucked up with a bunch of anger issues
when this happens to trans men that self-dose, the community recognizes it as being too drawn in by toxic masculinity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: Hormones [Re: Tantrika] * 2
    #26804655 - 07/05/20 06:07 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

:wowjustwow:

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Re: Hormones [Re: Shiithead] * 3
    #26804656 - 07/05/20 06:08 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

In all seriousness, I think people should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies. /thread

--------------------

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hormones [Re: Shiithead] * 1
    #26804657 - 07/05/20 06:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
:wowjustwow:

Trans men on proper regimens are kings tho
personally look forward to more of them being in positions of popularity or power
and setting positive examples for others to follow

Invisiblebrk
Unless...
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
Re: Hormones [Re: Tantrika] * 3
    #26804660 - 07/05/20 06:11 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with your point of view, and think it's ridiculous that you could be labelled as anti-trans for it.

Being against the unregulated use of hormones as a means to transition is completely different from being against transitioning.

For example, I think trans people have the right to surgery, should they choose too take that path. I don't however, think it should be performed by an unlicensed surgeon because that person has no other means of achieving the goal.

--------------------
"To the young it gives a vision of the dead and gone. While the old receive a passion to survive,
and the pattern picks the pockets of the palindrome, before the oscillating rhythm takes to flight..." - Rishloo

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hormones [Re: Shiithead]
    #26804664 - 07/05/20 06:15 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
In all seriousness, I think people should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies. /thread

am inclined to agree, and fully agreed before going in for my HRT assessment
but on my first appointment, ended up getting delayed in starting
to make sure my body was not at risk of developing a tumour on my brain by taking the meds

so have become more leary about trans women starting HRT programs without authorization
not a disbelief that they should have the right to make that choice
but a concern that without medical assessment they could seriously harm themselves

do not believe this issue to actually exist with use of psychedelics
it is best if a new tripper can have a reliable sitter who respects set and setting
but there is not real medical risk involved with the use

suppose part of my view is also informed by the processes being funded by public health care in Canada
if someone misjudged and has to go off hormones and in for MRIs and surgeries
that is a pretty increased load on the medical system, that also impacts the rate of availability of MRI and surgeries for other conditions

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hormones [Re: brk]
    #26804667 - 07/05/20 06:18 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

brk said:
I agree with your point of view, and think it's ridiculous that you could be labelled as anti-trans for it.

Being against the unregulated use of hormones as a means to transition is completely different from being against transitioning.

For example, I think trans people have the right to surgery, should they choose too take that path. I don't however, think it should be performed by an unlicensed surgeon because that person has no other means of achieving the goal.

I think that the unlicensed surgeon comparison is a real valuable one that had not crossed my mind previously
thank you so much for bringing that up :heart:

do not really mind that there is a section of the trans community that reacts so vehemently against my positions
as also recognize my own positions to be pro-trans in terms of youth care
do not support HRT or surgery for youths except in extreme cases where medical assessment indicates them as necessary
but also think that society needs to sort of de-gender a lot of things so that youths are not feeling pressured to take hormones to have their body in line with their interests to begin with
and think that this would also reduce the risk of individuals who end up seeking to detransition if they find it was not the course of action for them

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Re: Hormones [Re: Tantrika]
    #26804668 - 07/05/20 06:21 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

My only real concern is responsibility for choosing to use hormones whether prescribed or not. Can't really be responsible though if you trying to change biology so drastically. Just my 2 cents.

But it's not my body so I don't care really. I wouldn't do it to my body tho. I'd find another way to stimulate hormone production naturally though if someone wanted to try them.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #26804675 - 07/05/20 06:25 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shiithead said:
I'd find another way to stimulate hormone production naturally though if someone wanted to try them.

the local Kurger Bing could help you out :lol:

the phytoestrogens in soy products are not actually bioavailable in a way that could cause such changes, just tranny humour

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
    #26804679 - 07/05/20 06:27 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

it is best if a new tripper can have a reliable sitter who respects set and setting

I' agree for most healthy people, but there is always the risk with people who have a latent psychosis or are otherwise on the border of mental ilness, line people with a lot of repressed trauma or similar, that a breakthrough of topics happens unannounced and unintendedly. If the person interpets this as negative sideffects and isnt willing to work through it (rejects the experience, doesnt go with it) they can well get stuck in the terrain of the activated trauma, persisting even after the trip. This is straight from Stanislv Grof reports of his work with LSD therapy in the 60s.

So in short, the risk is low but there is acpuple of percent of risk, I do think.

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#26804681 - 07/05/20 06:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I thought it was funny because I think it's true. You are what you eat.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hormones [Re: polaritymind]
    #26804686 - 07/05/20 06:31 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

polaritymind said:
Quote:

I' agree for most healthy people, but there is always the risk with people who have a latent psychosis or are otherwise on the border of mental ilness, line people with a lot of repressed trauma or similar, that a breakthrough of topics happens unannounced and unintendedly. If the person interpets this as negative sideffects and isnt willing to work through it (rejects the experience, doesnt go with it) they can well get stuck in the terrain of the activated trauma, persisting even after the trip. This is straight from Stanislv Grof reports of his work with LSD therapy in the 60s.

So in short, the risk is low but there is acpuple of percent of risk, I do think.

Think this is a reasonable and responsible account that my input did not apply to, thank you for calling attention to it

in a way, there is typically a sort of medicalisation around such individuals tho
it is not made available as common knowledge
but, for instance, if someone is in the Shroomery community and has schizophrenia other members will advise against continued psychedelic use

that sort of mentality is not really "there yet" in the trans community
which, likely, plays into people labeling me as anti-trans for wanting to call attention to it
since the sentiment is typically not spoken to individuals who say they are on grey market hormones

in that way, the Psychedelic Community is arguably more advanced in terms of community safety

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

#26804689 - 07/05/20 06:33 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Eat ribs, chicken, and steak everymeal and tell me you don't feel altered.

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #26804730 - 07/05/20 07:12 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
"endocrinologist and hospice care doctor". Translation: testosterone and opioid dealer.

(like tv personalities, sham endocrinologists and pain management docs)

Like law and law enforcement, the medical profession has a long history of attracting charlatans and crooks. It has been that way since the beginning of medicine.

Looks like endocrinologist are "shams" and opioid dealers?

I have heard great things about horomone therapy, specifically from a Joe Rogan episode where a vet was on sharing his story. I'll find it here quick for ya.

Yeah, here ya go!

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hormones [Re: HamHead]
    #26804757 - 07/05/20 07:33 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

morrowasted said:
"endocrinologist and hospice care doctor". Translation: testosterone and opioid dealer.

(like tv personalities, sham endocrinologists and pain management docs)

Like law and law enforcement, the medical profession has a long history of attracting charlatans and crooks. It has been that way since the beginning of medicine.

Looks like endocrinologist are "shams" and opioid dealers?

I have heard great things about horomone therapy, specifically from a Joe Rogan episode where a vet was on sharing his story. I'll find it here quick for ya.

Yeah, here ya go!

an hour and a half of Joe Rogan and his friends blathering about opinions that confirm his biases about the world

could you at least provide quotations of the positions you found so interesting
or something from the JRE clips channel that makes it more watchable?

the idea of testosterone treatment being a sham is of particular interest tho
but that was not your position and does not seem to be quoted from within this thread so am unable to pursue for further information at this time

my endocrinologist does no prescribe opiods, but am in Canada
my family doctor tried getting me on them, but shot him down and told him to refer me to a cannabis doctor before resorting to that

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #26804835 - 07/05/20 08:56 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Right, can't be bothered to watch anything longer than a few minutes worth of info.

It's a great story, Joe doesn't open his meat vacuum much but to ask some questions.

Talks about TBI and how soldiers are developing brain injuries from blast shockwaves.

:shrug:

Oh well. There's stories about horses too.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #26804850 - 07/05/20 09:13 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Im all for it for sure, the underground market and the doctor-prescribed market. I mean, why not?

The only kind conversial issue for me is sports. Like the episode of South Park where Randy Savage becomes a "woman" but is obviously a macho-male then competes in women sports as a woman. Totally unfair in my opinion since he is a super-macho male and has the obvious physical advantage for weightlifting and other strenght sports.

But other than the sports competition aspect, i have no issue with grey/black/regular market hormones. Dose away! :thumbup:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Hormones [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26805101 - 07/05/20 11:43 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Here in Holland, anabolic steroids and other androgens, as well as estrogens and the like fall under the "Medicines Law" which is distinct from the narcotics law.

Its allowed for adults in Holland to order hormones and use them, as long as it doesn't interfere with competition sports.

If you are a DIY bodybuilder doing it for you you can roid up till you have pimples on your bald head and thats considered fine, though your doctor might disagree.

You can take charge of your sex change.

Sex hormones are considered "lifestyle choices", regardless which gender you wish to augment.

Not many Dutch know this but just like with poppers, there are Dutch online stores that sell hormones legally, domestically, including non-pharmacopeia drugs like dianabol and SARMS.

You can't buy DMAA (glorified caffeine) but you CAN buy Sustanon. Strange folks, those Dutchies.

I'm 100% against minors using any sex hormones without prescription and close supervision. Minors get lasting developmental changes from androgens or estrogens that sometimes seem counterintuitive.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Hormones [Re: Asante]
    #26805425 - 07/05/20 02:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

anyone who wants them should be able to get them as long as they are aware of the health consequences of doing so, whether it be straight men wanting to take testosterone to get more manly or people born with balls who wish they hand't been

people who want them and can't get them from the doctor will find a way to get them elsewhere, and whoever sells it to them is far less likely to give them education about how to go about it in a way that will reduce potential harm

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Hormones [Re: morrowasted]
    #26805462 - 07/05/20 03:05 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Harm reducto 101

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale