Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Canadian doctors are applying for psychedelic drug exemptions to dose themselves
    #26803992 - 07/04/20 05:27 PM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Canadian doctors are applying for psychedelic drug exemptions to dose themselves

Doctors hope to use exemption to train in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

By The GrowthOpJuly 3, 2020

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-news/canadian-doctors-are-applying-for-psychedelic-drug-exemptions-to-dose-themselves

TheraPsil, a B.C.-based non-profit coalition that has been helping terminally ill Canadians apply for drug exemptions to pursue psilocybin therapy, is expanding their strategy.

The organization is now helping doctors apply for their own exemptions so they “may personally try psilocybin and properly train in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy,” the organization said in an email to The GrowthOp.

A recent poll from TheraPsil found that the majority of Canadians, nearly 60 per cent, approve of psilocybin use for end of life care.

The organization has been trying to get the attention of Health Minister, Patty Hajdu, since April. They have helped four Canadians, including Thomas Hartle, apply for an exemption to section 56(1) of the Canadian Drugs and Substances Act. Hajdu is authorized to grant such an exemption.

“TheraPsil urges the Minister of Health to align with public opinion,” the organization said.  “We believe that this wait time is a cruelty to people facing an untreatable fatal illness.”

Momentum is growing for the liberalization of psychedelic drug use in Canada. An e-petition launched in April to decriminalize psychedelics has been signed by more than 8,000 Canadians and will be presented in the House of Commons by Nanaimo-Ladysmith MP Paul Manly.

Manly, the Green Party’s MP for Nanaimo-Ladysmith, will present the petition after it closes for signatures on August 14.

“In Canada, we are facing an opioid and mental health crisis that we urgently need to address,” Manly told The GrowthOp in April. “The use of sacramental and medicinal plants containing psychoactive ingredients is a promising area of research for potential treatments and therapies.”

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Europe
Re: Canadian doctors are applying for psychedelic drug exemptions to dose themselves [Re: rider420]
    #26804666 - 07/05/20 06:17 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

Dude what a misleading headline, the first one at least. Clickbaity, sensationalistic. Would turn a non psychedelic person totally off the proposition of these doctors, I think, even though of course its a good thing. And they might see that with another headline. The seond one is better. But thats not the main one that was used of course.

Quote:

Doctors hope to use exemption to train in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

OfflineO_Dweeds
Humanitarian Magician

Loc: Under The Dome
Re: Canadian doctors are applying for psychedelic drug exemptions to dose themselves [Re: polaritymind]
    #26808919 - 07/07/20 11:58 AM (1 month, 7 days ago)

My body my choice. You will always be paradoxically illegal in in some way if you decide how to use your own body according to someone else's written law.

--------------------
Oxygen. Water. Neil Young

Our word "planet" comes from the Greek word planetes, meaning "wanderer."

"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace."
Gregg Allman

Offlinemescalinechemist
 User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: Canadian doctors are applying for psychedelic drug exemptions to dose themselves [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #26833597 - 07/20/20 04:04 AM (25 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:
My body my choice. You will always be paradoxically illegal in in some way if you decide how to use your own body according to someone else's written law.

One of the many contradictions that remain in this society. Very sad

OfflineGH19971
Psychonaut
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: Canadian doctors are applying for psychedelic drug exemptions to dose themselves [Re: O_Dweeds]
    #26858817 - 08/02/20 12:43 PM (12 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

O_Dweeds said:

Great point, I view the right to use drugs as a natural extension of freedom of conscience. The right to use drugs stems from the same place as the right to practice whatever religion one chooses.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service