Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMarkETune
Stranger
Strange Amazonian mushrooms with visuals but no buzz
    #26803796 - 07/04/20 03:24 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm new to this site but I must ask if anybody has had a similar experience with homegrown mushrooms. In 2016 I bought a mushroom kit from Amsterdam to grow the Amazonian strain of psilocybin mushrooms. They grew fine however I took them with a mate of mine and had a very strange buzz from them. I should point out that I had not had mushrooms for several years before that but was quite disappointed with the buzz that we got from them. Although we did get visuals the actual feeling was very dull and what I can only describe as intense boredom. I remember thinking "this doesn't feel like mushrooms to me, not like I remember it". It didn't matter what music we listened to or what videos we watched but we just couldn't get into anything at all. It almost felt like a kind of downer buzz such as diazapam or something similar.

I know it wasn't the situation or the fact that we had a bad trip as I tried them a few time afterwards and got the same feeling. Also I have grown some Golden Teacher since then and had a fantastic buzz from them so I can only put it down to that particular strain or the kit itself.

What I can't understand is that all these shrooms contain psilocybin so what was it about that strain that caused such an unpleasant feeling?

Has anybody else on here had a similar experience with certain strains of mushrooms?

I really must know as I really don't feel like taking Amazonian ever again.

I look forward to reading any comments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Strange Amazonian mushrooms with visuals but no buzz [Re: MarkETune]
    #26804492 - 07/05/20 12:57 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The trip, you, and the drug - and dose & set & setting all together made things what they were.  That’s the nature of hallucinogens.  Why do some nights you dream others you don’t?  Why is it sometimes amaze balls, other times it’s a nightmare, other times it’s boring....

Not sure - just is.  Reshuffle the deck and try again.  There’s nothing fundamentally wrong or very different about Amazonians, I love them and they’ve always been incredible in the most unimaginable ways.

What dose did you take?  And do you take any other drugs/medications?

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #26804537 - 07/05/20 02:05 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It’s sounds like two possibilities to me;,that you didn’t take enough. But if you’ve had mushrooms before, you would already know this!

So the other possibility is you grew a “multi spore” grow, and was just unlucky - you have a full flush of weak mushrooms! Better start again.......

Good luck
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineMarkETune
Stranger
Re: Strange Amazonian mushrooms with visuals but no buzz [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26804990 - 07/05/20 10:41 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

We had about 2 g of Amazonian each but I don't think it was because we didn't take enough. We were getting definite visuals so were tripping but the actual buzz was very dull and empty. It happened again after that with the same mushrooms, just no buzz to it. I had just 1 g of golden teacher a few weeks ago with very little visuals but with a nice buzzy feeling to it.

Since you ask I have been on Sulpiride since 1996 and Mirtazapine since 2012. I have done a little research since last posting and found that Mirtazapine and psilocybin don't mix well. I have never had a problem with the sulpiride in the past and have taken all kinds of things with it i.e. mushrooms, Ecstasy, Coke, speed etc. and never suffered from any interactions.

To be honest I don't think I particularly need the Mirtazapine any more as I haven't felt down for years. I could probably come off it but will have to give it up slowly of course.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26805041 - 07/05/20 11:11 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The Mirtazapime will definitely dull the effects of psilocin; because it’s blocking the 5HT-2a brain receptors that psilocin needs. You will get so much more than a nice buzz if you come off it :thumbup:

DJ Ed

Edited by DJ Ed (07/05/20 11:12 AM)

OfflineMarkETune
Stranger
Re: Strange Amazonian mushrooms with visuals but no buzz [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26808959 - 07/07/20 12:18 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey thanks for getting back to me you two. Maybe it was just the Mirtazapine. Not sure if I can tell my Dr that I want to come off it because it's interfering with my trips but I can just say I feel I'm ready to stop taking it.

Strange how my mate felt the same way on the same mushrooms. Also since then I have had liberty caps and GT and both a nicer feeling.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

#26809302 - 07/07/20 03:10 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey dude,

Liberty Caps are my favourite mushroom, by a distance. Glad you enjoyed them.

Regarding your doctor, two things. You don’t need to tell him about the mushrooms, just that you want to try without the medication. But if you do tell him, what’s he going to do? The second option is to not tell him at all, nd just wean yourself off them. I do not know your personal history or circumstances, so I am not recommending you do this. I am just saying consider it, but do your research. If you really can’t tell your doctor, that is.

If your friends also had underwhelming experiences, it is pointing more towards weak mushrooms though.

Take care
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag