Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | Next > | Last >
Offlinenoodles-uk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Scotland Flag
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: metaphoric]
    #26797217 - 07/01/20 02:54 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks metaphoric

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: noodles-uk]
    #26797357 - 07/01/20 04:06 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

6ixShooter said:
Quote:

Yugambeh said:
Quote:

6ixShooter said:
I'm just curious of the extent of your "failures".
I personally look at every lost jar/tub as a learning experience and a chance to improve next time.
I'm no expert but have a few grows to my name...

I've had 5 or 6 boxes from the same spore syringe stalling out on me, they do really well colonizing the spawn jars, but when I mix it with coir in the shoe boxes they colonize good for 1-2 weeks and then just stop.

I've learnt a lot and I wil try with another strain/spore syringe soon and see if I had a weak syringe:confused:

/Y

Hmmm. Have you noticed odor? Maybe drying out. I suppose I could guess all day lol.
Without a step by step of your grow it could be anything.
But... this is the stone thread, so I dont wanna get off topic to much.
Best of luck to you with your atl bro!
Tho exocitics seem harder to fruit.
I've only got tamps and pan. Cyan. Jamaican. Currently working on some agar transfers of the pans. My last batch got contaminated, but not before I was able to get a small flush. I totally didn't want to try and spore print anything from my contained tubs. Lost a few tamp jars but 1 held out so far. Good learning experience imo.

i highly doubt the syringe is the problem, theres tons of genetic diversity in a spore print. like edmunter said, did you go to agar first? or straight from spore to grain?

Quote:

A.k.a said:
Dude if it colonizes for over a week then it’s stopping cuz it’s done probably. Myc is super thin with these ime.

Harvested 90% of the Tamps this morning, threw them in the dehydrator without thinking. Should’ve tried to print a couple.

I hate when the picture thing is messed up. It’s saying three of them are deleted.

Anyway I’m gonna do a run of like 15-20 quarts of tamps/atl7/Jalisco next so I’m gonna get a ballast and some lights. It’s so crazy how different they look with a lot of light. Huge caps.

yeah mine always finish colonizing in way less than a week, ive actually harvested a dry half oz off a shoebox 11 days after spawning

nice! lol those look VERY damn familiar hahaha... gotta love those fatass tamps

i doubt any of those would print, you could probably swab them tho. it took me forever to get some that would print, had to give em WAY more light than i thought would be necessary. when they have good light they grow straight up, and the caps eventually flatten out and start to curve upwards and drop spores

i actually get better yields off the curly inadequate light stuff, but they arent printable. for prints, i fruit em on a shelf with clear plastic bag humidity tent w tons of holes, 1 20w led fluorescent 6500k  tube and 2 strips of the brightest 6500k leds i could find per shelf

Quote:

Hobbit GDF said:
I can't get my tamp to fruit. It's very thin layer of grain and the cased with coir/verm. It seems to have fully colonized and Is now making stones.  I know cause they are cracking the surface. How can I get them to pin?

pics? i wouldnt expect CV to work well as a casing for these. i use jiffy (or 50/50+ ) mixed w play sand 1:1 and that works really well

some cultures definitely fruit more easily than others, just keep your light and humidity and FAE as high as possible

Quote:

A.k.a said:
What do these dry out to normally?

I had 40g wet and it seems pretty dry but it’s 6.2g now.

that sounds about right. though my biggest tamp fruit was like 13+" long and weighed 9.8 fresh but dried to 1.2g so not always. smaller ones dry tiny. that one shoebox canopy dried to 14g

Quote:

Hobbit GDF said:
Yeah the surface gets misted every other day.  It doesn't stay. So I will try misting more.

id do it like 2x a day if you can avoid pooling. these are kinda weird, they abort from dryness faster than they do from moisture. all the mass aborts ive ever seen were from too dry. mist as fast as it evaporates, just dont let em pool.. ive even had tamps pin in a LC haha

Quote:

Edmunter said:
Quote:

A.k.a said:
What do these dry out to normally?

I had 40g wet and it seems pretty dry but it’s 6.2g now.

I never dry them,  They are best fresh but you can freeze them in vacuum packs and they never lose strength

vacuum packs fresh? how exactly are you doing that? do they not turn to mush upon thawing?

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleF-Bomb
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26798004 - 07/01/20 10:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Been in the tub since 3/26, might be time to harvest soon, what do you all recommend I case with?  This will be my first fruiting of tamps, should I float this cake first?

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

#26798096 - 07/01/20 11:32 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I wasnt keeping up.  I was talking about stones

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Edmunter]
    #26798351 - 07/02/20 02:29 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

oh i see, yeah i try to avoid anything but fresh stones

So freezing them works well enough? Do you thaw and rethaw with no issue, or vac seal individual packs?

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offlinedlj403
Stranger

#26798644 - 07/02/20 06:28 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

In Amsterdam, all the commercial stones are sold in refrigerated vacuum packs. Never seen any frozen though.

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: dlj403]
    #26798792 - 07/02/20 08:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I have dried them to a super hard stone and frozen vac sealed with a desiccant packet, then thawed them and enjoyed with seemingly no potency decrease.

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26798816 - 07/02/20 08:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I keep some fresh, I vacuum seal some and keep some in the fridge, and I freeze them and keep them in the freezer long-term

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#26799090 - 07/02/20 11:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It never occurred to me that stones could be vacuum sealed and then frozen. Good to know for sure.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

The most useful tool for noobs

Offlinedlj403
Stranger

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26799437 - 07/02/20 01:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Do you use bags for vacuum sealing? Or containers?

In Amsterdam the commercial ones come in a little square plastic box (like the size of a condiment cup, but square and harder plastic) with shrink-wrap sealed around it.  Perfect size for 15-20g.

OfflineEdmunter
Mr
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: dlj403]
    #26799575 - 07/02/20 02:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Just bags in 15 g portions

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
    #26799595 - 07/02/20 02:50 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I vacuum seal with a desiccant pack

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

OfflineMoopers
Pan noob
I'm a teapot

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26799828 - 07/02/20 04:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Is tampanensis myc prone to discoloration on agar? Does this look ok/normal? Compared to my other plates, these are fluffier, more aggressive (colonized the whole plate in 3 days), and oddly colored. This is on black agar, three stones/masses of growth I transferred from another plate.

I plan to inoculate some jars tomorrow, so wanting to know before i go for it.

They started out like this:

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Moopers]
    #26799860 - 07/02/20 05:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Idk man three days to run a whole plate is sketchy.

Mine have always been very flat and thin with an orange circle in the middle.

I’m new to these so idk though.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (07/02/20 05:01 PM)

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a] * 1
    #26801329 - 07/03/20 11:41 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

G2G these jars on 6/15/20 and they are already pushing out a good amount of stones.  Cloned this from one of only a few pins on my last fruiting attempt hoping to get a better fruiting culture....if it fruits like it stones its badass...but i feel like it will be a stoner not a fruter. :smile:

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: redeyesmj]
    #26801467 - 07/03/20 01:26 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wow that’s a lot of stones for two weeks.

I just started Jalisco, everything I saw said it fruited really well but wasn’t great for stones. Looks like you might have the opposite.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26801861 - 07/03/20 05:16 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

All my jalisco are growing stones, I've got like 40 jars all MS. Same with my Tamps and ATL. I've said before I think that's a natural benefit to ms, some of the many strains present are bound to be stone producers.

--------------------
:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:
:mushroom:                  :mushroom2:                :mushroom:
:mushroom:            :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:            :mushroom:
:mushroom:      :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:      :mushroom:
:mushroom::cookiemonster: BEHOLD :elmo::mushroom:
:mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom::mushroom:

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: metaphoric]
    #26802137 - 07/03/20 07:30 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

metaphoric said:
All my jalisco are growing stones, I've got like 40 jars all MS. Same with my Tamps and ATL. I've said before I think that's a natural benefit to ms, some of the many strains present are bound to be stone producers.

How are the tamps regarding stone production? I have some on agar right now and I've been debating doing some ATL too.

--------------------

Offlinemetaphoric
Mr. Bater
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Tight Lunchbox]
    #26802188 - 07/03/20 07:57 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly I haven't seen much of a difference in any of them. Everything formed stones around 1 month. They're not potent at that point but they're on there way. I plan on hatching them at 4 months from inoculation. I'm not sure exactly how spawning to bulk affects potency.

Still waiting to hear on a taste test from AKA who spawned his jars to bulk as soon as his grains were colonized and got stones in less than a month. Any word on those stones yet AKA?! I'm going to keep bugging you till I do haha

--------------------
:mushroom:                  :mushroom2:                :mushroom:
:mushroom:            :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:            :mushroom:
:mushroom:      :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:      :mushroom:
:mushroom::cookiemonster: BEHOLD :elmo::mushroom:

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

#26802192 - 07/03/20 08:00 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

My only experience with stones is running ATL like three years ago. I let the jars go for 7 months and they rocked me pretty hard.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329 | 330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339 | 340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures