Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Microscope, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePutrema
Stranger
Growing progress
    #26731607 - 06/09/20 02:24 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

Hello there. I have no specific question to offer, but I want to let you guys see how it looks here. So, this is my first own made thread, I could start anywhere, but somewhere I have to start. I will describe a little and try to upload some pics.

Unfortunately, my first fully colonized 0,5 L rye glass isnt going very well.

In the beginning with rye after the agar work my procedure was: fill the glass with 120 g rye, 180 ml water (was too much, I dosed the water descending for better, but not good results) and some gypsum. Then load the pressure cooker and cooking for an hour or so. Green contaminants were always with me with this method, but I got some promising jars out of it. From these jars only one stood out to really be clean. And in this jar I threw some myceliated agar and it worked!  It feels like a good while since I did it. The rye got completely colonized for some weeks. (Yeah I know, I could better document these things). I throw some prepared soil (in which one can see wood pieces) on top of the jar, but only a small amount. The Cubensis colonized the soil while beginning to produce flesh. This was exciting!  One mushroom formed and I held my hopes high, that it would become a special specimen. But my hopes got dissapointed: the mushroom stalled and turned blue. I was for 2 days not home, and today I came home with little refreshed hopes, but these got dissapointed, too. But not only that, I try to understand what happens.

This is the first rye glass I spoke off. Photo is from yesteryesterday.

This photo is from today

So, the bigger b+ cake is going well his second flush in the same circumstances, whereas the tiny pf-tek cake does nothing even after dunknroll.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Putrema

Edit: This is my 10th post, so I can dive deeper now here. :p

And further it goes. Here are the circumstances:

Edited by Putrema (06/09/20 02:38 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDCAE
Stranger

Loc: ĦŊı
Re: Growing progress [Re: Putrema]
    #26731656 - 06/09/20 02:43 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

with 100% humidity, the air around the cakes are at its maximum water holding capacity therefore the cakes wont be sucked out dry.
Since mushrooms constitute of 85-95% water, cultivating them in an environment where FAE is to high will result in drying of the substrate and mushrooms wont reach their maximal size potential.

building a sgfc is a easy method to ensure high ambient humidity around the cakes

Edited by DCAE (06/09/20 02:47 PM)

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
Re: Growing progress [Re: DCAE]
    #26731685 - 06/09/20 03:04 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

First, thanks for answering. Yeah, humidity. I hold it between 85 and 92 %. Every 2 hours its bubbling for a 15 minutes. On a ~ daily basis I open the lid and mist and fan upon the circumstances. Yesteryesterday I took the rye cake out of the glass, because the water was gathering at the bottom of the glass; I let it rinse out a couple times a day. But it was time to let the cake out, because there it went a little bit green at the bottom of the glass wall. Yesteryesterday the cake was on top of it full of little water droplets, they dried away, yes. And the whole cake got obviously drier as a whole, but it weighs plenty in the hand. So, my main question could be: why is the rye glass stalling wheras the bigger b+ cake goes well in the same circumstances (at least location based). A SGFC, mhh. The styro box setup, whats so bad about it? I mean, in  a german book there is this setup described and I followed it. I want to learn this method somehow.

InvisibleDCAE
Stranger

#26731782 - 06/09/20 03:43 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

mind me asking, this book you speak of
how old is it.

the best solution is the simplest functional one.

1. I do believe 85-92% is far to low in the longrun.

building the sgfc is not a hard task and it seems you do own perlite already, building the sgfc will ensure 99% humidity especially the first couple of inches above the top of the perlite it also provides the required Fae automatically for you.

as things are you are opening the box to fan one time a day, this will be replaced with a light spray instead and there wont be any need for you to fan it at all.

this method will raise your 86-92% to almost 99%.

2. how long did you dunk your cakes for? i recommend about 12 hours for brf-cakes based on this https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24739690

cakes might also take time for them to pin, som cakes pin faster than others im aware of cakes that did not fruit for a couple of weeks

Edited by DCAE (06/09/20 03:44 PM)

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26731866 - 06/09/20 04:13 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

I tried to look up how old this book is, but its not written down anywhere lol. At least some years this book might be old, one author isnt here anymore.

When the ambient humidity is ~ 88%, the dunknrolled cakes have their own humidity I think. I could rise the humidity by simple add one more glass with one more bubbler stone in it. Yes, I have a bag of perlite. My setup serves fae too, but I dont know how good, so I do it by myself on a ~ daily basis. I can let this setup run for days without me doing something or even being at home with some results (little fresh looking mushies).

Uh, I dunked for twice as long, ~ a day.

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26734719 - 06/10/20 03:34 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

Isnt it cute?  It fall off once and then it landed there. :laugh:

Back to topic. The bigger B+ cake is going pretty much well. In only 24 hrs it grew very nice. I looked it up 3 times today and it grew and grew. The last time I looked it up, the biggest guy already stretched his veil. I had thouht this will happen somewhere in the night. Normally I would have sleeped tonight somewhere else, because a long weekend camp trip is there, but I choose to stay at home, because I think tomorrow morning is a very good harvest time! Then I probably take the last photo of it and show it to you. The photo taken for half an hour or so comes in a moment

Edit: Yes, photos are not very reflecting the real sight of such things like mushrooms, didnt they? At least its not that simple to get a good representing perspektive of the situation I think. So, here is another one.

Edited by Putrema (06/10/20 04:02 PM)

InvisibleDCAE
Stranger

#26734906 - 06/10/20 05:06 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

well i cant deny your growing method, it does seem like you are getting  results with that cake.

That said however whether genetics or environmental influences or a mixture of both, mushrooms that grow long while skinny has been said by many on this forum to be a sign of low FAE and the same goes for fuzzy feet.

I should mention that FAE is considered second to full colonization THE strongest pinning trigger followed by light, one could perhaps say these triggers should be introduced all together to achieve the best results.

I've undergone studying myself to try to understand the biomechanism of the biological shift from vegetative state to the development of fruiting bodies but its very tiresome and it seems like all the reading i do the further away i feel like im getting to anwsering my own curiosity

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26734948 - 06/10/20 05:27 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

Yes, but I think this flush isnt too skinny. Its very fleshy, I had thicker and smaller ones, but I had ones that were even more skinny.

That tiredness Im familiar with in another ways. It appeared some years ago with dream work. Since that I did much less active dream work, but every once in a while I get a surprising dream effortlessly, although my motivation for writing has ascended a lot. I dont know, if it would be called  'The more one knows, the more one knows, that one knows nothing', but with that Im familiar too.

Edit:

So, today they look so. The big one weighs 12, while the other together weigh 6 g. 18 g alltogether. :smile:

The big one I try to clone right now and bring it to rye, maybe it works better than yesterday with the little spontanous fructifications I had. So then, nice weekend folks.^^

Edited by Putrema (06/10/20 11:59 PM)

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26744104 - 06/14/20 01:25 PM (1 month, 22 days ago)

I add a little bit. These are my spontaneous fructifications right now. The above, Cubensis India, looks strong. The one in the bottom, grown from the spores I got from the starter kit I had last summer, looks less powerful, but interesting, too.

And here are my two new myceliated rye glasses. The left one has consolidated days, while the right one is quite stalling (but moving slower and slower). I dont know, what I will do, but something I will do, lets see what happens.

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26786565 - 06/27/20 07:26 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

Bumpedibump. I must say, the Pf-Tek glasses arent catching my interest sooo much. I cleaned up the styro box, changed water. But I didnt redunknrolled them. Out from the bigger B+ cake grew only one additional little shroom, but its regressing. Both Pf jars got another fuzzy/crunchy mycelial layer. The rye cake with a soil layer on top of it is doing his second flush right now but regressing too. The rye glass mycelium is definetly fighting against competitors: small red points and some dark hairy competitor mycelial thread growing through the Cube mycelium. Plus my grow room is too hot right now, 28 °C. Mhh. The photo isnt worth sharing I think, but why not...

My guess is that the soil wasn properly prepared, but the Cube mycelium grew through it without problems.

OfflineRTSHROOMS
Stranger
    #26786605 - 06/27/20 07:50 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

Does anyone have a dependable reliable way to grow outdoors that is cheap and affordable , trying to average 2 lbs a month.. please be kind enough To send ur info to my Gmail.
Randallvtarav  The info I Need will be conducted as a scientific Research Project.. Thank You and MAY GOD BLESS !!!!!

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
Re: Growing progress [Re: RTSHROOMS]
    #26786644 - 06/27/20 08:08 AM (1 month, 9 days ago)

Sorry, I cant help you with that, since I live not in a tropical place. Good luck. :smile:

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26801429 - 07/03/20 01:05 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Okay, I know its boring, but regress is part of progress, right? Today I divided the rye cake several times with my hands to look and smell whats going on inside. The cake came to a point, where I see no argument to let it further grow (mold). The top soil (its maybe the wrong word, but its kinda soil) layer got off easy, while the rye/mycelium is a solid block. It smells mushy for sure. I thought about doing something with it, but now its in the thrash. I dont think, that the mycelium is strong anymore after the whole time? Its time to get room for new. With the pf cakes happened nothing further, I try to do something with it, since the one smaller cake didnt fruit yet, so there should be energy left.

OfflinePutrema
Stranger
    #26845664 - 07/26/20 08:06 AM (11 days, 13 hours ago)

Hello, its not that important but I would like to hear what you think? I could made a new thread but its okay so I think.

So, I have cloned a mushroom on three plates, and out of one I cut sectors out (one grain jar is doing very well! I thought I have to shake it one more time, but yesterday I saw it doesnt need it; its almost fully colonized). So, this plate grew a mushroom which did a spore throw exactly on the spot, where I cut. This is my hottest variation also, but I wanted to see spores under a kinda microscope thing (x60-120 only, one can see the spores barely; I think some germinated). So I turned a relatively sterile print into a non sterile. Maybe the Cube did this for a reason, but...^^

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Microscope, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started