Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshah1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Newbie in need of help! BRF cake not pinning
    #26801340 - 07/03/20 11:53 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I have been fanning and misting my BRF cake for over 3 weeks and I'm not seeing any pinning. Cake was dunked and rolled in verm after I left sitting for a week after complete colonization. I have been misting and fanning multiple times daily.I scratched the cake to try and accelerate pins but nothing has happened. Cake smells good and has no odd coloration but any help as to why pins haven't formed would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheDoobskerS
Amateur
Male

Re: Newbie in need of help! BRF cake not pinning [Re: shah1]
    #26801403 - 07/03/20 12:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

First off, I don't know if ya noticed but all of your dry verm fell off :crazy2:

But people fruit without even rolling so that's likely not the problem.

Post a picture of your FC we need more backstory

--------------------

Offlineshah1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Newbie in need of help! BRF cake not pinning [Re: TheDoobsker]
    #26809990 - 07/07/20 10:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some pics of my FC. I do frequent FAE and try not to let it get too dry. Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

InvisibleTheDoobskerS
Amateur
Male

#26810087 - 07/07/20 11:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yikes! You got some problems with that design for sure. There's a lot of genius behind the SGFC design, and you're best off following it exactly. Some further reading on here might bring forth some modifications that are beneficial, but just start with the original design.

Read this whole post...
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/20195542#20195542

Probably trash that one you have or use it for something else and make one according to this tek.

I can't promise you this is your only issue, but it's a big one, so you need to start there.

One thing I can add is that having only one cake in the chamber is also less than ideal even with a proper SGFC. But if you only have 1 cake to fruit, it'll probably still work if you have a properly designed SGFC.

Good luck!

--------------------

InvisibleTheDoobskerS
Amateur
Male

#26810090 - 07/07/20 11:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm curious though... Where did you get your design ideas for this FC?

--------------------

Offlinepesa
Male User Gallery

#26810763 - 07/08/20 10:24 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

1. redesign SFC.

2. add more perlite about to 3 to 4 inch layer

3. check temperature and humidity in fruiting chamber. should not be too hot like above 27c or 80F and moisture level should not drop below 90%. thats where perlite helps.

4. without verm it takes longer for cake to fruit. the entire point of dunk and roll in verm is to keep supplying constant moisture to cake verm holds a lot of moisture once saturated. if verm looks wet no need to mist. it looks dry mist.

5.mist is like mist very tiny tiny particle of water its not like watering plants its very gentle rain. if you mist heavily and cakes is fruiting you will see blue spots on fruit or completely blue jelly looking fruits.

6. dunk your cake for few hours and put new verm. put it in proper SFC with a lot of holes if you think your grow area is dirty you can put micro pore tape.

7.fan SFC very gently for 60 seconds the entire point of faning is to have fresh air exchange if SFC is properly built you will not need to fan it. it does it for you constantly exchanging fresh air at a rate SFC requires.

this community experimented more than any other and come up with ways that look strange and crazy but they work. and here are some notes to read

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8468474#8468474

InvisibleTheDoobskerS
Amateur
Male

Re: Newbie in need of help! BRF cake not pinning [Re: pesa]
    #26810791 - 07/08/20 10:42 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Great advice given by pesa ^^^^^

But, I have to add...

A lot of folks agree it's not necessary to buy a hygrometer to check humidity in a SGFC. Just follow the design and your humidity will be fine. It obviously won't hurt, but it's some added confusion if you're just trying to dial in your first grow.

--------------------

OfflineJudeSparky
Stranger
Male

Re: Newbie in need of help! BRF cake not pinning [Re: pesa]
    #26810794 - 07/08/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, I'm a little off-topic here or something, but I also need some help in the PC topic.

I'm new to this growing shrooms part. I ordered the three important things, vermiculite, perlite, and the spores. The only thing I'm struggling with is the PC. I only got an old PC, and I don't know how to know if it reaches the 15 psi or not, since there's no pressure indicator in it. And does it have to be those jars with lid? Will the strawberry jam jar work? Since it does have a metal lid, too.

I'm new to this site, soI don't know how to make my own thread/post. Sorry if I interupt.

Offlinepesa
Male User Gallery

Re: Newbie in need of help! BRF cake not pinning [Re: JudeSparky]
    #26810831 - 07/08/20 11:13 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

1. you still need brown rice flour.

2. you can always contact the company send them email or call to ask about psi.less psi means more cooking time but hard to nail down.

3.you can also use deep pan which can hold a steam rack and can close lid on it. that is the old long way and cooking time is 90 minutes does not matter number of cakes its always 90 minutes. i till use hotel line pan those huge long one and never got in to infection problem.

4. you need a still air box aka SAB to inoculate jars.

5. strawberry jam jars work but once the substrate goes in them before putting them in pressure cooker or a pan let them sit in warm water so glass do not break when you increase temperature. i use plastic microwaveable pots and they work fine. what you are looking for something that can take heat,pressure and have good tight sealing with holes on top. does not matter its plastic lid or metal as long as it close well. 

6. if you are using glass in pressure cooker or pan make sure its elevated to point where hot water does not hit the bottom, there are cases on this website where bottom of substrate got cook to hard rock or glass broke.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086

Offlineshah1
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26835202 - 07/20/20 10:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Did I leave my cakes sitting for too long before fruiting? My cakes have turned a yellowish color. Ive been fanning and misting constantly. I have not seen any pins form and cakes have just turned more and more yellowish, no bruising occurs when handling. Can I break the cakes down and possibly try a making a casing? Not sure if these cakes are even worth saving? I dunked in spring water but did not have any verm to roll in. Cakes were sitting for approx 2 weeks after fully colonized.

Edited by shah1 (07/20/20 10:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom