Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | Next > | Last >
Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26796142 - 07/01/20 02:57 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Aliens vs Predator on pc for $6 bucks on steam.

Just getting into it but apart from the fact that you can't use the mouse wheel to change guns and the gfx are dated, it's ok so far.

Thing is, im trying to put aside anything I don't like about the game because after playing it for awhile I realized that I've played this game before many many years ago on an older system, probably PS2 or 3 and I never finished it back then and now it's my duty to finish it.

What's for dinner?

Splatted Aliens brains  :minigun:

btw if you didn't know, steam currently has a sale on :thumbup:

Edited by blessed (07/01/20 03:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: blessed]
    #26799613 - 07/02/20 03:01 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Detroit become human. That game has blown me away, it is so immersive. The graphics, story, characterization and voice/acting are all truly incredible. Almost unprecedentedly flawless and convincing acting in a computer game with such wholly believable and compelling characters. 

Not my sort of game normally but it's just so well done...

Lieutenant Anderson (he cracks me up) and his trusty sidekick Conner are my personal favourites. 

Also Titanfall 2 is fantastic on the highest difficulty level. Such satisfying combat though I haven't really got into the actual Titans yet. By that I mean I haven't stated to enjoy using them as much as being on the ground with a gun!

Crysis with AI and graphics mods is also fantastic, puts many modern games to shame even today. So much better with the mods than Vanilla though...

All in all I'm starting to better utilize my new 4k monitor...

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Edited by wolf8312 (07/03/20 12:11 PM)

InvisibleChemicalSpark

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: wolf8312]
    #26799884 - 07/02/20 05:10 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Valorant.

It’s like overwatch meets call of duty search and destroy. I’m terrible at it

InvisibleStranded-Traveler
Stranger
Male

Loc: ACT, Australia Flag
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: blessed] * 1
    #26800351 - 07/02/20 09:08 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:

It was a fun game to play on my Mac against my friends on their PCs.

As a fan of the original game I found it less satisfying to shoot the limbs of the xenomorphs in AvP2. Maybe it was a combination of physics and audio but in AvP1 the crunch just felt right, especially in survivor/horde mode.

BTW, the third game in the series is worth keeping just for the Survivor mode, which perfectly captures the tension of the Aliens films.

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
    #26800830 - 07/03/20 06:47 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what size screen did you buy?

and

Have you tried running Windows at 4k resolution?  looks sharp :cool:

Quote:

Stranded-Traveler said:
Quote:

blessed said:

It was a fun game to play on my Mac against my friends on their PCs.

As a fan of the original game I found it less satisfying to shoot the limbs of the xenomorphs in AvP2. Maybe it was a combination of physics and audio but in AvP1 the crunch just felt right, especially in survivor/horde mode.

BTW, the third game in the series is worth keeping just for the Survivor mode, which perfectly captures the tension of the Aliens films.

I did see on steam that you can get 3 aliens games (with dlc's) for around $25 on special but, the reviews for the other two weren't as good as AvsP.  I was almost gonna get them all but went with Aliens vs Predator only in the end.  I might get the third game another time when steam has a special on again :thumbup:. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbup:

Btw, the more I play it, the more I like it.  :aliendance:

Edited by blessed (07/03/20 07:00 AM)

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #26800888 - 07/03/20 07:18 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Detroit become human. That game has blown me away, it is so immersive. The graphics, story, characterization and voice/acting is truly incredible. Almost unprecedentedly flawless and convincing acting in a computer game with such wholly believable and compelling characters. 

Lieutenant Anderson (he cracks me up) and his trusty sidekick Hank are my personal favourites. 

Also Titanfall 2 is fantastic on the highest difficulty level. Such satisfying combat though I haven't really got into the actual Titans yet. By that I mean I haven't stated to enjoy using them as much as being on the ground with a gun!

Crysis with AI and graphics mods is also fantastic, puts many modern games to shame even today. So much better with the mods than Vanilla though...

They are doing a remaster of Crysis.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: blessed]
    #26800891 - 07/03/20 07:18 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Blessed said: If you don't mind me asking, what size screen did you buy?

It's AOC CU34G2X 21:9 curved widescreen 34 inches with a 144 refresh rate. HDR etc.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26800896 - 07/03/20 07:21 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

wolf8312 said:
Detroit become human. That game has blown me away, it is so immersive. The graphics, story, characterization and voice/acting is truly incredible. Almost unprecedentedly flawless and convincing acting in a computer game with such wholly believable and compelling characters. 

Lieutenant Anderson (he cracks me up) and his trusty sidekick Hank are my personal favourites. 

They are doing a remaster of Crysis.

Was reading on Reddit gaming today that it's not that impressive apparently.

--------------------

Offlineoculodextro
Male
Loc: Space is the Place
    #26803757 - 07/04/20 03:00 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Currently playing Grim Dawn (need that ARPG mindless grind sometimes)

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: oculodextro]
    #26804404 - 07/04/20 10:59 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Just downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Xbox One. Looking forward to playing it - I've heard good things.

--------------------

InvisibleWyoMX
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: PNW
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #26804420 - 07/04/20 11:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I loved playing through RDR2. Game was really smooth and takes a good amount of time. The online play wasn't as big a hit as the original but the main campaign was a blast.

Been playing through assassins creed odyssey on pc lately and all the DLC. Game is phenomenal and so smooth on PC vs ps4 where I played it the first time.

InvisibleD3_Myc
Weeb Trash
I'm a teapot

Loc: Year Zero
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: WyoMX] * 3
    #26805231 - 07/05/20 12:53 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26807293 - 07/06/20 03:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Just watching weird shit from gaming from the beginning of it and the "easter eggs".

Is amazing.  But some not so much but some wow.  Even in the early days.

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Barnaby] * 1
    #26809996 - 07/07/20 10:34 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Just started Red Dead Redemption 2 and looking forward to getting deep into it.

Also got Minecraft Dungeons for when my nephew visits.

--------------------

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #26810688 - 07/08/20 09:38 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I've been playing Nioh (1st one).  It's a samurai game similar in difficulty to Dark Souls, set in 1600.  The Amrita mechanic is basically the same as souls in Souls.  Pretty much every enemy can kill you with 1-3 hits and as you progress the missions scale up quick if you don't grind here and there.  Most bosses are pretty tough, but once you figure out their moves and weakness you can usually beat them in under 5 minutes.

Some cons are it's not open world, some areas get reused often for sub-missions on a region map, some enemies are just awkward to fight like the stupid wheel monks (kinda like bone-wheel skeletons from Souls, but on fire and breathing fire), and the crafting of weapons and armor is unnecessarily complicated.  On that last note, enemies drop tons of loot and it doesnt take long to get a decent weapon that should stay relevant for at least a few missions, I can never craft anything beyond the best rare weapons I obtain from drops.

Graphics are ok, movement speed is pretty fast. The reputation mechanic gives you skill points for all kinds of things, rewarding stuff like no hit runs on particularly difficult missions and bosses, which I find pretty cool.  Fighting with magic gets viable around mid game, the support spells and items are better than the offensive magic in my opinion. Armor is pretty important unless you're really gud, toughness stat > defense rating. No shields but you can block 100% physical damage and lots of elemental damage with your weapon. Playing as an archer or gunman is tough because of limited ammo. The drops for arrows and rifle ammo are decent but you can only hold a few at a time, you can't shoot from the hip either. Head shots are satisfying though.

Have not played online, idk how similar that is to the Souls series. I think it may match you based on "soul memory" since that is listed somewhere in game, but it could be based on level.

I will probably play the second one after I beat this one and Sekiro. I've been learning and re-learning a lot of Japanese history because of Nioh.  It's been fun so far.

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: EternalCowabunga] * 1
    #26815214 - 07/10/20 01:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

You won't regret it.  Red Dead 2 was the best game I have played in a long time.  Enjoy it.

Can't wait for the next gens to come out for the Christmas season.  Rockstar makes quality games, I despise E.A. like most.  The game they are making for the next one in the series of Grand Theft Auto what they can do now and that scope is amazing.

Watching a movie where the first game two brothers played was pong and that dark yellow console.  Amazing how tech progresses to me through time and I have played everything I wanted to on basically every computer or console through my life.

Still have a life and don't overdo it.  Just these next consoles coming up looking forward to it.  Enjoy your gaming.

Offlineoculodextro
Male
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: Barnaby]
    #26815281 - 07/10/20 02:01 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Can't wait for the new consoles to actually push the PCs to innovate for once

InvisibleWyoMX
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: PNW
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: oculodextro]
    #26815980 - 07/10/20 08:12 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

oculodextro said:

Current PC's are already way ahead of these next gen consoles anyways. People are stoked to finally get 60fps on consoles while my budget PC hits 144 pretty steadily. I'll still buy a ps5 at some point but they definitely wont make PC's innovate imo. I'm stoked games will actually run smoother and hopefully load times are reduced on big games like GTA and RDR2

Offlineoculodextro
Male
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: WyoMX]
    #26816043 - 07/10/20 08:39 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WyoMX said:
Quote:

oculodextro said:

Current PC's are already way ahead of these next gen consoles anyways. People are stoked to finally get 60fps on consoles while my budget PC hits 144 pretty steadily. I'll still buy a ps5 at some point but they definitely wont make PC's innovate imo. I'm stoked games will actually run smoother and hopefully load times are reduced on big games like GTA and RDR2

Can't find it now, but thought I saw an article that the consoles were getting some new AMD cards that were ahead of PCs current tech

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? [Re: oculodextro] * 1
    #26816051 - 07/10/20 08:41 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I just started playing the witcher 3 again  :smile:. It's a masterpiece!!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom