Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePowfuu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Oyster Contaminated help why...
    #26797963 - 07/01/20 10:11 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, recently I just started getting into gourmet growing! Only have experience with cubensis..

I wanted to start out with buying 2 grow bags just to start, and culture syringes.
I bought lions mane and Oyster bags ready to fruit from what I thought was a reliable source.... after 2 days of having the bags in the grow tent, the oyster went bad.. I dont understand what could have caused the oyster bag to go bad like this? I'm hoping someone can help me maybe on how this could have happened.. and maybe even the best way to discard feuiting bags, just incase it ever happens again in the future!  it's out of the greenhouse already as well... 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oyster Contaminated help why... [Re: Powfuu]
    #26798169 - 07/02/20 12:24 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Send those pics to the supplier the bag was bad, to begin with. There is no way it should look like that in two days. Unless it was already contaminated. I have bags that have been in my grow room for months and still are not contaminated. Once a bag is fully colonized and not contaminated it is hard to contaminate it. Something was wrong with that bag from the beginning. If you have experience growing actives you should just buy spawn from Aloha medicinals I would suggest the Elma. Put a grain on agar and start your own spawn. Then make a master slant and you will never need to buy spawn again. Unless you want another strain.

https://alohamedicinals.com/organic-grain-spawn/

Edited by SHROOMSISAY01 (07/02/20 12:36 AM)

OfflinePowfuu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Oyster Contaminated help why... [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26799020 - 07/02/20 10:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for that reply and assurance! Since this was my 1st time ever touching bags, I knew they couldn't just get contaminated like that. And it must have been bad to begin with.. thank you for giving me the knowledge to know forsure.

While we have this going, would you mind taking a look at my 2nd bag of lions mane I ordered from them? I believe it's the mycelium, but with my 1st bag being bad I'm just on edge now..

I'm definitely going to check out this site for spawn you recommend also. I did buy gourmet culture syringes to start plates from scratch, I just wanted to get a fruiting bag going while I work on getting my own started..

Thank you again, much appreciated and much love

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26799534 - 07/02/20 02:32 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The lion's mane looks like it might be fruiting, are there holes/slits for the fruits to grow through?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01M
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oyster Contaminated help why... [Re: Forrester]
    #26799755 - 07/02/20 04:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Forrester is much more knowledgable on lions mane than I am. He is probably more knowledgable than me on oysters also. He is here so I would ask him about the lion's mane. It looks fine to me but ask Forrester to be sure.

OfflinePowfuu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Oyster Contaminated help why... [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26799777 - 07/02/20 04:20 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks to both of you.

The lions mane does have holes in it. I made 2 it's on the top, and 1 on each side. They are about 1 inch cut x's. The lions mane bag has been in the tent for about 6 days now. I have definitely noticed the mycelium getting thicker.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26799852 - 07/02/20 04:57 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I agree it looks fine, and yeah now I see the slits! 
Those really thick white parts I think are fruit, if they manage to find the slits and reach air through them, they should continue to fruit outside the bag, just gotta find their way out.  (and hope the spawn they used wasn't contaminated like their oyster spawn must've been - but I don't see any signs of contamination yet)

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflinePowfuu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Oyster Contaminated help why... [Re: Forrester]
    #26800058 - 07/02/20 06:38 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for all of that! I appreciate it.

Hopefully I'll see them poking out of the slits before to long!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck