Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemunduruku
Stranger
Help identify Brazilian Mushroom it grows on wood, 7 pictures, nothing doing then microscope slide
    #26797402 - 07/01/20 04:29 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Habitat:
Where does it grow? woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on?top of cut wood stumps
Gills: ?
Color orange

Length one inch

Spore print color:
I still have to learn  know how to get  a  spore print from these orange mushrooms.

Edited by munduruku (07/01/20 04:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemunduruku
Stranger
Re: Help identify Brazilian Mushroom it grows on wood, 7 pictures, nothing doing then microscope slide [Re: munduruku]
    #26797596 - 07/01/20 06:56 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Colin Knitter  wrote " Trametes sanguinea perhaps
" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MushroomID/2864173580361086/?comment_id=2864318590346585¬if_id=1593646004358672¬if_t=group_comment / My answer and pictures:

I have found something like Tramets in the same stump, firt I thought it was the same orange mushroom old decaying version, but now that you, Colin Knitter spoke of Trametes, I think they are two separate species and not the same species different aging.The Brown Mushroom is all white in the back, I am comparing it to: Trametes Crowded Parchment ( Stereum Complicatum ); Gilled Polypore ( Lenzites betulina ) ; Purple Bracket Fungus ( Trichaptum abietinum ) ; False Tukey Tail ( stereum Ostrea ) ; Hairy Parchment ( Stereum hirsutum ); Violet Toothed Polypore ( Trichaptum biformis ).

Edited by munduruku (07/01/20 07:18 PM)

Offlinemunduruku
Stranger
Re: Help identify Brazilian Mushroom it grows on wood, 7 pictures, nothing doing then microscope slide [Re: munduruku]
    #26797662 - 07/01/20 07:36 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Dear Colin I have found an youtube video
that points out to Pycnoporus sanguineus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pycnoporus_sanguineus which is good for making tea, but I think I need a microscope final examiation to be 100 percent sure.

Offlinemunduruku
Stranger
    #26797714 - 07/01/20 08:04 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Dear Colin, after cleaning the brown mushroom its back proved to be all white, would it be then the Turkey tail mushrrom ( Trametes versicolor ) ?

Offlinemunduruku
Stranger
    #26797968 - 07/01/20 10:14 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Dear Colin, it looks like there are two more species of the orange one, Southern Cinnabar Polypore (Pycnoporus coccineus) which is traditional food in Japan
and Pycnoporus cinnabarinus
which it looks like it is considered a FUNGUS but not a mushroom.

Offlinemunduruku
Stranger
    #26801136 - 07/03/20 09:39 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Dave W wrote:

Boletus Forum Freak
    Dave W
    Moderators
    5,716 posts

"All species of mushrooms are types of fungi. They belong to the scientific classification Kingdom Of Fungi.

Trametes sanguinea looks like a good ID for the orange ones. Until a few years ago, this species was housed in genus Pycnoporus.

Not sure about the gray/brown one. Probably a species of Trametes, but I thin k something other than T. versicolor. T. versicolor does not have a really rugged surface (like the one seen), has thinner flesh, and is more vividly colored. " / My say: Dear Dave W, I live in an Urban area, those two species were found in a polluted road with total exposition to Sun Light, nobody would ever believe a mushroom could grow in such dire situation, maybe the harsh environment had an effect in the colour and width of the flesh. Plus the climate in Brazil which is Tropical, in my area Southern Brazil near Argentinean boarder it is Subtropical but it is not temperate climate, all that said we have Sterium Ostrea ( the false Turkey Tail ), we also have the Violet Toothed Polypore ( Trichaptum Biforme); I put them in jars with universal fungi substrate for mycellium growth, if they ever bloom full size like fructification we will be checking out the pictures. By the way Dave W, do you know of any good and cheap thermostats? XH-W3001 thermostat is cheap, the climate in my country being almost tropical, I need a peltier cell that turns on whenever the temperature reaches 80.6 Fahrenheit and make it as low as 60.8, then thermostat is off and temperature rises again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags