Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehoopinhand
Stranger
what do you think?
    #2673609 - 05/13/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey everyone. I haven't tripped in about 2 months because I've been trying to "get my head straight" after suffering a slight depression. I really want to shroom in the next couple of weeks but I'm not sure if it will help or hurt. I know a lot of you will probably say if you're not 100% mentally stable, don't shroom. But whenever I trip I always prepare myself and get in a good state of mind. Has any of you ever gotten out of a slump by having your eyes opened by shrooms? Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: what do you think? [Re: hoopinhand]
    #2673777 - 05/13/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I think that if you really want to, you should.

You've tripped before so you know what it's like and you know what's up. You said yourself that you really want to, and this means that you aren't afraid of doing them, so it seems to me like you'll be fine.

You might be in a slump but remember, you will always get passed them and I think the shrooms will only help. Just remember how wonderful the shrooms are and the good things they do for you instead of the bad things (which is having a hard time facing certain things).

I say you go for it, aslong as you're feeling good that day, if you have any serious doubts the day of, then lay off em until you feel good again.

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: what do you think? [Re: Ginseng]
    #2674496 - 05/13/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Last week i was in a depression, and ate 4g. I confronted my fears and sorrows head on and have pulled myself out of the depression. You just need to go into it with the right attitude, and if you start having a bad trip just remember that its only a drug, and that you are having a really great time.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2674580 - 05/13/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I have depression and am on 2 medications for it. I just tell the mushrooms "Do what you will".

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#2674680 - 05/13/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hoopinhand,
i say go for it. if you feel that you can rebound from a bad trip, then have No Fear. The reason so many people say not to trip unless 100% mentally prepped is because, imho, most people just dont know how to hand a trip going bad. If you can handle yourself, then go for it.

McKennaFan200,
ok, just so ya know, if your taking medications, or worse, multiple medications, for depression, you probably shouldn't do shrooms.
1) no way to know how it will interact with the drugs. can be a very bad thing
2) seritonin is fundamental in depression, why oh why would you mess with the seritonin receptors when you take meds for your depression?

--------------------

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
    #2675772 - 05/13/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

take a good look at some of the posts here. Theres a lot of things you can do to get yourself spiritually prepped. If your into it meditate. I recently came out of a slight depression. I ended up finding my self spiritually in a comfortable mind set. When i tripped shortly after for the 3rd time only it was the most positive and spiritual lifting event in my life. It backed up everything I had come to realize. If your feeling the positive vibes come back go for it and just roll with em. Mushrooms give you a good chance to step back, look at life, laugh at it, love it, and step back.

Remember to smoke weed too!! Peace

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #2679624 - 05/14/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think I know what you are talking about, I was in a similar situation last year.

I tripped several times and everything was fine. I did get trough some bad vibes for a while, I did not have a bad trip, I could control myself. The only problem was that I could not feel the euphoria of a happy , laughing trip. I had more cold and analyzing mushroom experiences , but I could at least realize some things, so it was useful.

If one is depressed, he might have not so much fun, but he will still get valuable lessons, at least for me it works so. Tripping while feeling well is the best option, but tripping anyway may still be a good choice, useful to understand the source of the problems, for example.

So trip, everything will be fine at the end! The mushrooms are a good teacher and ally, who will never lie you and worsen your problems.
Not like some more dangerous drugs in my opinion, like crack and speed, which have much worse consequences, and offer for it no lasting value , but that is off-topic.

Edited by gotmagog (05/14/04 07:01 PM)

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: what do you think? [Re: gotmagog]
    #2680689 - 05/14/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gotmagog said:The only problem was that I could not feel the euphoria of a happy , laughing trip.

hmmm.... I've never gotten a euphoric trip (laughing trip if you will) off of shrooms. Not without some KB.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale