Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRichardM
First Time Grower
Male
Loc: Canada
Taking Shrooms on Lorazepam/Prestiq
    #26793704 - 06/30/20 06:45 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Greetings all, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm just looking for some insight here. So I currently suffer from depression/anxiety and take Lorazepam & Presiq, and I noticed the last few times I tried tripping (usually take over 4gs), I would get the giggles but I wouldn't really get anything else. It was like the trip was greatly diminished and I didn't get any visual trips at all.

I remember before I started taking these, I could take 3 grams and be blasted off. There was once I even grinded them up and mixed them with cranberry juice and it was one of the best trips I've ever had, but now I get nowhere's close to that high and it just feels like a waste. It's like whenever they start kicking in they just get blocked and I can't get any higher, like I have a ridiculous tolerance.

My friend still has a bunch left, and I know they work good because multiple people have tripped hard on them so I'm going to try them again this weekend. Last time I tried them was last weekend and I took 4 grams, and I got moderately high but again, no visuals or anything which is my favorite part of tripping. My friend however, was high as heck.

What my main question is, if I stop taking my meds today, or lower my dosage for the next few days then a few days before I trip, stop taking them entirely, would the effects of the shrooms increase? I don't want to have another weak trip! :frown:

Also, I believe Prestiq is the main cause as it's an SSRI which may be interfering with the shrooms.

Edited by RichardM (06/30/20 06:48 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Taking Shrooms on Lorazepam/Prestiq [Re: RichardM]
    #26793726 - 06/30/20 07:17 AM (12 days, 1 hour ago)

Yes, SSRIs diminish psychedelic effects.

Both the SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and the psilocin interact with the serotonin receptors. The SSRI blocks the reuptake of serotonin on the receptor, so the psilocin has no chance to bind to those receptors anymore.

Some SSRIs need days to get out of your body. Even then, the brain is still accustomed to the effects. Usually it takes several months to be "normal" again.
Laying off the SSRI will cause you to feel uncomfortable for quite some time. The brain is still familiar with the high levels of serotonin, so stopping the SSRI will lower the serotonin concentration heavily.
This will make you feel bored & depressed for weeks. That's no good mindset to trip.

Quite many members here have gone through exactly that, and for some it took up to a year untill they could trip normaly with shrooms again.

SSRIs are only good for very few people. Common depression is not fought with SSRIs.
They just create a fake illusion of normality, but once you lay them off it all comes back big way. It's just that medication doesn't fight the reasons behind depression. Sad but true.

-

OfflineRichardM
First Time Grower
Male

Re: Taking Shrooms on Lorazepam/Prestiq [Re: Pandemoon]
    #26793757 - 06/30/20 07:33 AM (12 days, 56 minutes ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Yes, SSRIs diminish psychedelic effects.

Both the SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and the psilocin interact with the serotonin receptors. The SSRI blocks the reuptake of serotonin on the receptor, so the psilocin has no chance to bind to those receptors anymore.

Some SSRIs need days to get out of your body. Even then, the brain is still accustomed to the effects. Usually it takes several months to be "normal" again.
Laying off the SSRI will cause you to feel uncomfortable for quite some time. The brain is still familiar with the high levels of serotonin, so stopping the SSRI will lower the serotonin concentration heavily.
This will make you feel bored & depressed for weeks. That's no good mindset to trip.

Quite many members here have gone through exactly that, and for some it took up to a year untill they could trip normaly with shrooms again.

SSRIs are only good for very few people. Common depression is not fought with SSRIs.
They just create a fake illusion of normality, but once you lay them off it all comes back big way. It's just that medication doesn't fight the reasons behind depression. Sad but true.

-

Thank you for your insight and I agree 100%. I noticed I haven't been truly "happy" ever since I started on these things. It's like living as a robot without any sense of taste or smell, or feelings for that matter. I'd like to get off them eventually so this would be a good first step. Also, I ordered some spore syringes online as well just to give growing a shot, as I've always been very interested in stuff like this. Just got to get some substrate and a pressure cooker and I should be golden. :p

--------------------
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

OfflineLosTresOjos
Humano
I'm a teapot
Loc: Stupid as California
    #26794176 - 06/30/20 12:13 PM (11 days, 20 hours ago)

Have fun. It'll be fun.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #26794208 - 06/30/20 12:29 PM (11 days, 20 hours ago)

Pandemoon is absolutely spot on, OP.

And seconding you’re comment, you know it’s time to come off SSRI when you reach that condition, forgotten the medical term, but you lose the ability to feel joy.

It took me 5 months to feel “normal” after 7 years of 100mg Sertaline SSRI. So many variables, your constitution, your genetics, your dose and length of time on that dose. And the withdrawal can apparently be dangerous and must be done under medical supervision. I must be an exception because I failed with medical help. But I would stress the utmost caution, and do research before taking the “crazy” decision to come of SSRIs.

If you do come off them, you’ll look back and believe it was one of the best decisions of your life.

Good luck
DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflineRichardM
First Time Grower
Male

#26800819 - 07/03/20 08:38 AM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Update: So the withdrawal symptoms are insanely rough, even while slowly going off of it! Everything from nightmares to brain zaps. My whole body feels like it's made of stone! Looks like it'll be a week or two before I can trip. But on the plus side, by then I should at least have my first batch of spores in!

As a first time grower, would you guys recommend setting up a monotub or doing BRF cakes with a SGFC? I got a pressure cooker for grains if need be. Thinking about doing BRF cakes for my first run to get familiar with it. Also going to get some agar plates going for cloning once I get use to things.

Regards,
Richard

Edited by RichardM (07/03/20 08:43 AM)

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

#26800826 - 07/03/20 08:46 AM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

If you’ve got the PC,,and you can use common sense in sterile working, I would urge you to go straight to a monotub. Oh and make a still air box too.

Check out BOD’s Unmodified Tek, it is easy beyond belief: here.

For my last grow, I went for smaller 35litre tubes. 8 jars of rye grain, 4x red boy, 4x PES Amazonian. I prepared the substrate as per BOD’s Tek, 650g coir brick soaked overnight. Split this into the 2 tubs with 4 rye grain quart jars each.

Best of luck. The learning curve will help with your withdrawal; my withdrawal took 5 months, the growing helped me focus on other stuff :thumbup:

DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”

Terence McKenna

OfflineRichardM
First Time Grower
Male

Re: Taking Shrooms on Lorazepam/Prestiq [Re: DJ Ed]
    #26800915 - 07/03/20 09:30 AM (8 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

DJ Ed said:
If you’ve got the PC,,and you can use common sense in sterile working, I would urge you to go straight to a monotub. Oh and make a still air box too.

Check out BOD’s Unmodified Tek, it is easy beyond belief: here.

For my last grow, I went for smaller 35litre tubes. 8 jars of rye grain, 4x red boy, 4x PES Amazonian. I prepared the substrate as per BOD’s Tek, 650g coir brick soaked overnight. Split this into the 2 tubs with 4 rye grain quart jars each.

Best of luck. The learning curve will help with your withdrawal; my withdrawal took 5 months, the growing helped me focus on other stuff :thumbup:

DJ Ed

Yeah I noticed just looking up guides and stuff has helped get my mind off things a ton! And yeah I shouldn't have any issues with sterilization so I've been leaning towards the tub. The good thing is, I can always prepare a couple different tubs to be on the safe side. Also, liberty caps grow in my backyard every once in a while which is nice. And I already have a ton of sterile equipment, masks and gloves thanks to covid 19!

--------------------
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male

#26801125 - 07/03/20 11:34 AM (8 days, 20 hours ago)

Liberty Caps grow `August to December around these parts: my favourite mushroom by far. If you don’t want to jump straight to tubs, you could start with PF Tek, but when the cakes are ready to go into the fruiting chamber, spawn them into small tubs with coir, vermiculite, and gypsum. Or garden manure, verm, gypsum. Put those in the SGFC; it will significantly increase the yield from your cakes :thumbup:

--------------------

Terence McKenna

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience