Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineSHROOMSISAY01
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia, USA
Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: Mainframe]
    #26695229 - 05/25/20 03:37 PM (1 month, 15 days ago)

I have a kit available now. Feel free to buy all the pieces separately. But it will cost you more than buying the kit and finding the correct parts will take a long time. Then you have to wait for shipping. Do yourself a favor buy the kit and never have to worry about humidity again!!

--------------------
SHROOMSISAY01 TEKS

SHROOMSISAY01 55 GALLON STEAMER TEK.

Hi pressure fog under $250

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemattthemushroomman
mycoculturist
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: bogdancev]
    #26791777 - 06/29/20 10:14 AM (11 days, 22 hours ago)

I know this is an old thread, but maybe somone is still looking at options on a lower pressure system. this nozzle is capable of 1-5 micron droplet size at 75psi air pressure @5 cfm and 15 psi water pressure supposedly the nozzles are pretty maintenance free. i want to give this a go in the future for my grow room. https://myersmushrooms.com/shop/ols/products/hart-ultimix-nozzle-kit here is a link to the manuf web site https://www.hartenv.com/dust-suppression.html scroll down the page for info on its various uses. hope this is useful to someone.  Matt

--------------------
working on a business growing gourmet mushrooms and supplies for growing.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: mattthemushroomman]
    #26791871 - 06/29/20 11:10 AM (11 days, 21 hours ago)

The problem is the price $175 per nozzle. Then you need an air compressor and a filter system. I have proven my system for over 2 years. My manifold is $90 then you add your nozzles at $6 each. So ask yourself $96 or $175 and if you need 2 nozzles his is $350 mine is $102. I would assume that his nozzles work well but the price is ridiculous. Remember you will need twice the tubing and you will also need 2 compression fittings for each nozzle and two tees which are at least $6 each. So that $175 just went up to $199 each nozzle. God forbid if you need 5 or 10 nozzles. My system I can get 10 nozzles up and running in about an hour with less tubing and connectors. and the manifold hooks up with a simple garden hose. I will take some pics of my system today and post them. I am in the process of getting a patent for it. So I am taking it slow at this point but I am still selling them.

Those nozzles are an option but only if you have deep pockets. I have deep pockets but I have short arms!! Remember you need a nozzle about every 2 feet to humidify properly and the bigger you room is the bigger your air compressor needs to be.

--------------------
SHROOMSISAY01 TEKS

Invisiblesandman420
Honorary Potato
Male

Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26791982 - 06/29/20 12:28 PM (11 days, 20 hours ago)

Those nozzles claim a 1-5 micron droplet size which is considered a dry fog and will not wet anything. Your low cost system while effective may be making 15+ micron droplets which can potentially saturate substrates and cause other moisture problems such as pooling in your room in places. It's not just a nozzle for the 175, the nozzle has an mixing block that it screws into that acoustically mixes the water and air for a maximum small droplet size. Its high quality machined and thats why its expensive.

--------------------
Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: sandman420]
    #26792118 - 06/29/20 01:39 PM (11 days, 19 hours ago)

Ok so let me buy a Lamborghini when I only need a Toyota to get to work.

A .006″/.15mm nozzle produces a droplet size as low as 1.2 microns. I use a .004"/.10mm nozzle which gives a smaller microns size.

I have been running this system for over 2 years with no pooling or puddles anywhere. A couple of feet below the nozzles and my bags do not get wet. My floor stays bone dry with no water anywhere.

I looked into those nozzles years ago. But the price is not practical. I would also note that MR. Myers did not use these nozzles to make his system that he uses now. He used a cat pump and built his own system. I have been telling people to do this for years and gave all the info on how to do it. I would not be surprised if he followed the things that I have said to build what he is using now. I respect Eric Myers and he has helped me in many ways. I buy my bags from him. But those nozzles are overkill for sure.

Options are great and this is an option. I just don't think a very good one.

To be honest I put this system together so I could save up enough money to build the cat pump. I did not think the pressure washer would last as long as it has. Now that I know the system is reliable because it has lasted two years. I will just replace the pressure washer if it ever goes out.

If you want a humidification system that is much better than the pond foggers and you want a cheap price my system is the only way to go.

--------------------
SHROOMSISAY01 TEKS

Invisiblesandman420
Honorary Potato
Male

Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: SHROOMSISAY01]
    #26793880 - 06/30/20 07:10 AM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

Damn man why so defensive. If you look back to when you first made this thread I was the first and only person to be interested and support your idea. I think it's a genius idea for sure but you are kind of making some wild claims and sounding slightly delusional. It's a good system you've made for sure. Keep up the good work.

--------------------
Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.

OfflineSHROOMSISAY01
Mr. Shrooms
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi pressure fog under $250 [Re: sandman420]
    #26794139 - 06/30/20 09:57 AM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

I only sound defensive because I want proper info out there about it. If I am delusional about something please correct me. As I stated I want the proper info out there. I will admit if I am wrong. I do not want to put out a claim that is wrong.

I appreciate the discussion and encourage more. A discussion is what I consider this not an argument. If I offended you in some way please forgive me it was not my intension!!

--------------------
SHROOMSISAY01 TEKS

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation