Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeestiaus
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Estonia Flag
At what temperature range do liberty caps grow in and how long after rain should I expect them to pop up?
    #26793844 - 06/30/20 08:48 AM (9 days, 21 hours ago)

Noob to shroomery world.... I know its summer and not the right time for hunting season but I'm in the baltic states (Estonia) and the summer here hasn't been so great.

We are averaging around 13c - 14c during the past few days with heavy rain and expecting to have more for the rest of the week.

Would be any possibility of finding anything?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineredhandmat
Dude

Re: At what temperature range do liberty caps grow in and how long after rain should I expect them to pop up? [Re: eestiaus]
    #26793849 - 06/30/20 08:50 AM (9 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

eestiaus said:
Noob to shroomery world.... I know its summer and not the right time for hunting season but I'm in the baltic states (Estonia) and the summer here hasn't been so great.

We are averaging around 13c - 14c during the past few days with heavy rain and expecting to have more for the rest of the week.

I think you need to wait till end of summer season mate, but before the very cold nights start.

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: At what temperature range do liberty caps grow in and how long after rain should I expect them to pop up? [Re: eestiaus]
    #26794051 - 06/30/20 11:06 AM (9 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

eestiaus said:

The answer lies in your own effort and willingness to go out hunting. I'll guess the possibility is slim at this time of the year, although
you could have a stroke of good luck. I live in Norway, and do infrequently find one here and one there during July, but never many,
and almost always in higher altitudes, 500 meters and upward. If you have any hills or mountainous regions where sheep graze, these
are the places you are most likely to find anything.

--------------------

OfflinePsilosadhu
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: At what temperature range do liberty caps grow in and how long after rain should I expect them to pop up? [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26795021 - 06/30/20 07:00 PM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

Anglerfish; you're so west coast :laugh:
OP: what kind of habitat liberty caps prefer seems to vary from area to area. For example, if you were to look for libs in the west of Norway, sheep pastures would be the place to go. However, inland, cow pastures are by far the best, I've hardly found anything in sheep pastures there. In the south-east, well kept grass, like lawns or parks, seems to be better. It's also the place in Norway where it seems to be most abundant. I've found them in roundabouts, outside hotels, hospitals, petrol stations, shops, gardens and just about anywhere there's grass. No grazing animals needed whatsoever. Having said that, fields with grazing animals are, usually, your best bet. I'd say find a cow pasture, but people from west coast Norway and Scotland swears to sheep pastures. Also, those paths in the forests where people (teenage girls) rides their horses can be quite rewarding. If there's grass there, of course.
I've never found libs before early August, but that's in the lowlands. I know they usually pop up sometime in July in the more mountainous (colder) areas.
As for Estonia, I don't think you'll have any luck until at least mid-August. Panaeolus cinctulus would be your best bet until then. Maybe even pluteus salicinus. Pholiotina cyanopus grows in the summer as well, but it's very rare.
Good luck and happy shrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification