Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Petri Dish, Rye Grain, Scales, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemaxmush
Stranger
The best combo tek
    #26792340 - 06/29/20 02:51 PM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Hello All,

So there is much speculation as to which teks are "best" etc. I find them all interesting, each with pros and cons.

I was wondering if anyone has any input on the most efficient, lowest maintenance, highest yielding and minimal cost combination of teks for bulk grows of over 50 tubs. Would like to consider all variables in this equation.

Would something like this make sense:

1. spore print (more bang for buck than MS syringe) to agar (ketchup cup agar tek or similar in SAB or even open air). Clean agar transfers to desired myc no contam level.
2. no rinse, no soak oat tek (oats are 70% cheaper than rye)
3. agar to oat bags (using bags vs jars for efficiency and cost)
4. g2g or inoculate via agar each bag (g2g may take a bit longer?)
5. no PC coir tek to make CVG (boiled water and bucket method)
6. spawned to modified monotub tek with FAE holes with tyvek
7. straight to fruit no incubation period
8. 12 on / 12 off 6500k led lights
9. FAE lid off 2 x day misting when necessary
10. 72f or 22c constant temp (with only minor fluctuations but basically kept between 72-75f or 22-24c)

Ease of method, cost and maintenance are key factors.

Any thoughts, input or suggestions would be excellent :smile: Thanks!!

Edited by maxmush (06/29/20 08:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoger Clemency
Lovely Titles
 User Gallery

Re: The best combo tek [Re: maxmush]
    #26792569 - 06/29/20 04:10 PM (11 days, 17 hours ago)

You just have to try it out man. If you haven't had (m)any successful grows yet I wouldn't try starting anything too big all at once.

Petri dishes are cheap and are the easiest option to work with, which leads to  less contamination when you're new. And you really don't need a ton of dishes to grow tons of mushrooms if you're just growing a single .
variety, especially if you make use of G2G or liquid innoculants.

Running 50 tubs might be a full time job.

I've been using the 6qt shoe boxes in cycles of 7. Get a clean agar plate, drop it into 200ml sterilized water in a qt jar, shake that up until its all broken up, pour equally into 7 qt jars of WBS prepped with Fooman's method or no prep I'm trying out now, they colonize in about 10-13 days, bucket tek some coir/verm and spawn with the SFF shoe box method, no maintenance at all, pins in 10-13 days.

Prep new grains a week or two after the first and just figure out what kind of cycle you can maintain, keep adding tubs to the mix or go with bigger tubs as you need to etc etc.

--------------------
The sadly married set up alibis no harm no regret, hoping they meet an angel in bed that can wrestle the devil right out of their heads ReyeP

Offlinemaxmush
Stranger
Re: The best combo tek [Re: Roger Clemency]
    #26793225 - 06/29/20 08:46 PM (11 days, 12 hours ago)

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that one should takes steps to scale as mistakes can get magnified. Your tek looks fairly straight forward. What kind of yield are you getting per cycle?

Offlineretowen
Stranger
    #26793364 - 06/29/20 09:47 PM (11 days, 11 hours ago)

Thank you - awesome ideas!

OfflineSpirit-Crusher
DOOM HIPPIE

Loc: PNW
Re: The best combo tek [Re: maxmush]
    #26793403 - 06/29/20 10:30 PM (11 days, 10 hours ago)

Save yourself the inevitable headache and heartbreak by starting much smaller and dialing in your genetics before you scale up. Trust me, there's nothing worse than watching 50 monotubs fail before they even colonized. All that time and money down the drain. Genetics are huge factor as well.

--------------------

Offlinejay.ach
Traveler
Male User Gallery

#26793755 - 06/30/20 05:32 AM (11 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Roger Clemency said:
I've been using the 6qt shoe boxes in cycles of 7. Get a clean agar plate, drop it into 200ml sterilized water in a qt jar, shake that up until its all broken up, pour equally into 7 qt jars of WBS prepped with Fooman's method or no prep I'm trying out now, they colonize in about 10-13 days, bucket tek some coir/verm and spawn with the SFF shoe box method, no maintenance at all, pins in 10-13 days.

Any contam issues dropping the Agar to sterilized water? And i'm a noob -- do you have a detailed tek on dropping the agar to sterilzed water?

@MaxMush  -- you are getting some good advice here!  What ever you decide post and add pics.  Good luck!

--------------------
“One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”  - Henry Miller

InvisibleRoger Clemency
Lovely Titles
 User Gallery

Re: The best combo tek [Re: jay.ach]
    #26793833 - 06/30/20 06:43 AM (11 days, 2 hours ago)

I haven’t had any issues yet but it’s always a possibility if you aren’t careful. And if your agar plate isn’t as clean as it looks you will be mixing the contaminant up and pouring into each jar. So it comes with risks and rewards.

Check out Munchauzen’s ‘Blenderless LI’ tek.

Maxmush you can expect around an Oz dry (first flush) per qt of grain spawn with an average MS grow.  Conditions, cleanliness of spawn, genetics all play a part. Once you start cloning mushrooms and isolating genetics you can find cultures that perform better and you will increase your yield.

--------------------
The sadly married set up alibis no harm no regret, hoping they meet an angel in bed that can wrestle the devil right out of their heads ReyeP

Offlinemaxmush
Stranger
    #26795693 - 06/30/20 09:46 PM (10 days, 11 hours ago)

Excellent. Thanks so far guys. The genetics they are using seem to be top shelf as they have seen them in action. They are interested in scaling up and this clearly poses challenges.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Petri Dish, Rye Grain, Scales, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation