Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder, Buy Red Vein Borneo Kratom   Amazon Hot Sauce, Sriracha

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Sriracha -- Goose Sauce vs Cock Sauce
    #26718696 - 06/04/20 11:25 AM (1 month, 7 days ago)

On the left:

Flying Goose Brand Sriracha
of Thailand "the knockoff"

On the right:

Huy Fong Foods Sriracha
of the USA "the Original"

Taste is everything!

With Goose Sauce, there is 22% sugar, with Cock Sauce 9%. This is immediately apparent by the hotsauces having a great difference in sweetness. Cock Sauce is sweet-ish, Goose Sauce is a sweet sauce.

Then there is salt. Cock sauce has 3.7%, Goose sauce 7.3%.

Goose sauce also clearly has more, or stronger garlic.

But we're not buying Sweet sauce or Salt sauce or Garlic sauce, we buy HOT sauce, in this case a hotsauce based on fresh JalapeƱos.

How about that?

Well, Goose Sauce has 61% and Cock Sauce 83%. That SHOULD mean that Cock Sauce has more bang for the buck. Plain and simple, IT DOES. Cock Sauce is CLEARLY hotter than Goose Sauce.

Goose Sauce has a complex, overpowering taste.  You get the quite sweet, the quite salt, the quite garlicky, less pepper AND you get MSG

By contrast, Cock sauce has a clearer pepper taste. You taste the quality of the pepper more and it is made to shine, whereas the Goose sauce is more an all out attack on the senses.

Its important to know that Flying Goose Sauce is certified Halal on the bottle, Cock Sauce is not.

Then there are the food additives:

Both share potassium sorbate, xanthan gum and acetic acid, Goose has citric acid - non objectionable.
Cock sauce has sulfite and goose sauce has MSG in terms of objectionable additives.

We are cooks!

If you cook a Thai inspired dish, a liberal squirt of Goose Sauce (Thailand's #1 sriracha) is just the thing cause thats the flavor and heatmaker that the Thai prefer.

But, and now comes the final verdict:

For all other purposes Huy Fong Foods "Cock Sauce" is the superior Sriracha. It is clearly hotter, its flavor is clearly more like the fresh pepper, garlic, sweet, salt and sour are tuned down in favor of that JalapeƱo flavor, and because it is a clearer pepper sauce, it makes for a more universal food additive. Flying goose sauce tends to dominate the dish with its own flavor. Cock Sauce first and foremost adds no frills red pepper heat and flavor

Each has their fans and purposes but all in all, Huy Fong Foods Sriracha, the Original, WINS - Go USA  :amusedapplause:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefalcon
In the green

Re: Sriracha -- Goose Sauce vs Cock Sauce [Re: Asante]
    #26720053 - 06/04/20 09:23 PM (1 month, 7 days ago)

Niether of them are fermented, lactic acid fermented hot sauces have the best flavor IMO. I don't use either of these, for the most part if IM going to use a purchased product I use the store brand knock off of Frank's Hot Sauce and when red peppers are on sale I roast, peel, and add cayenne powder, gzrlic and salt, puree, then ferment to make my own sauce.

A ten day fermentation makes a hot sauce better than anything I've bought. If I have Serrano peppers or Jalepenos, I'll use them instead of the Cayenne.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: united states Flag
Re: Sriracha -- Goose Sauce vs Cock Sauce [Re: falcon] * 1
    #26766007 - 06/21/20 08:33 PM (21 days, 8 hours ago)

Yah fermentation is key for these types of sauce. I wouldn't go for more sweetness if anything less. I like the garlic chili sauce way better anyway

OfflineMagentaS
I care!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land of plenty Flag
Re: Sriracha -- Goose Sauce vs Cock Sauce [Re: Asante]
    #26793723 - 06/30/20 07:15 AM (12 days, 21 hours ago)

I've always found Sriracha to be too sweet. The colour of Sriracha i find very off putting too. I doubt i'd like the goose sauce if it has more sugar.
Cool comparison none the less.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder, Buy Red Vein Borneo Kratom   Amazon Hot Sauce, Sriracha

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing