Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehoney_bee1976
Stranger
 User Gallery
Aspergers, Autism, microdosing, dose/bad trip question
    #26793237 - 06/29/20 10:51 PM (12 days, 10 hours ago)

Hi everyone. My husband and I recently got 7 grams of dried mushrooms from a trusted source.

Quick background: been together 25 years. One 10 year old child. My husband is on the autism spectrum (high functioning, sorry if that offends anyone) He has very little understanding of emotions and feelings. Struggles to tell you how he feels when asked. Has low empathy and theory of mind. Which means he can’t understand the feelings of others easily. Living like this makes work stressful. Processing any conversation that involves feelings can take hours to days. He says everyone thinks in feelings and he thinks that in facts. He self medicates with weed, lots of alcohol and nicotine. I have no real issue with any of it (love weed and alcohol myself, we are in Canada and grow our own). But damn beer is expensive. Anyway.... lol

He’s hoping to gain more openness to others, more empathy, more understanding of emotions, less anxiety and less need to self medicate. More patience and less sensory issues when being around our son (and a better relationship with him)

For myself, I’m hoping to alleviate anxiety, depression and drinking. And a better overall sense of well-being.💗

We have started microdosing. Started with .2 grams and will likely go up to around .5 if needed and follow a protocol of 2-3 times a week. We do find it’s helping us each feel a tiny bit happier with less anxiety but nothing huge yet. Kinda want to try a dose of around 1 gram to just get a feel because right now we still have no clue what a small trip even feels like. Some say dose high enough to feel it and then back off from that to find your microdose?

My real question is....given his inability to process and understand emotions, do you feel he can even handle a dose that would truly help him? He’s afraid. He doesn’t want to experience anything negative that he won’t be able to understand . As mentioned, even a conversation about feelings can take days to process. He recently told me he always feels like he’s trying to find the answer to things but doesn’t even know what the question is. 😞 I’ve read the book Austin on acid and it was really interesting. My husband is crazy smart with mechanical things but emotions elude him. I want to do this right. And we aren’t in a rush. I have searched Aspergers and autism on this site and it scared me a bit because most say mushrooms were just too much for their minds. I’d love to hear more anecdotes from others on the spectrum. 💕 He’s the type that if I really tell him how emotionally crazy a trip could be, he will be too afraid to do it. (He did do lsd as a teen but doesn’t recall much of it). I’m just torn. He truly wants the help but I fear microdosing isn’t gonna cut it.

Also wondering if there is a certain average dose that is known for the possibility of having a bad trip. In other words...does the odds of having a bad trip increase with dose or it is really not dependent on dose.

Anyway sorry for the rambling post. I’m so happy to have discovered psychedelics and feel it may be the future of medicine for mental health regardless if it helps us or not. Super exciting!

Thanks in advance if anyone has any insight or advice.

Cheers!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineacculacy
Stranger
Re: Aspergers, Autism, microdosing, dose/bad trip question [Re: honey_bee1976]
    #26793381 - 06/30/20 12:04 AM (12 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

He’s hoping to gain more openness to others, more empathy, more understanding of emotions

Elites promote aggression by allowing immigration, which drives down wages, increases rent, and increases competitive behaviour in the workplace. Their policies dissuade physical contact with children, and among men.

So there are strong forces at work here, and it's not as simple as having autism.

Psychedelics relax prior perceptions, which can increase willingness to socialize. What you have to consider is that European derived countries like Canada are in crisis and everyone is drinking and smoking.

Offlineacculacy
Stranger
Re: Aspergers, Autism, microdosing, dose/bad trip question [Re: acculacy]
    #26793383 - 06/30/20 12:07 AM (12 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

does the odds of having a bad trip increase with dose

Sort of. Your short term memory will be impaired at higher doses which can be startling (wait, who am I and what am I doing?). Experience helps with this.

OfflineSabnock
people have gone retarded
Male

Re: Aspergers, Autism, microdosing, dose/bad trip question [Re: acculacy] * 1
    #26793410 - 06/30/20 12:34 AM (12 days, 8 hours ago)

I'm high functioning too, Ayahuasca made a world of difference for me personally, helped me understand emotions a lot better, helped me with my irritability and anger/mood swings (but that took awhile for me to gain that kind of discipline and integrate it and all), got me away from a lot of the medications i used to be on and now i prefer to be more soberish, gave up Cannabis because it just got to be too much for me. It also put me on a spiritual/mystical/religious path that i never could've even conceived of prior to my experiencing of it, like esoteric/mystical stuff, it's truly fascinating.

I haven't done microdosing, i prefer to go for more fully immersive dosages, but the least i'd do is a moderate dosage, so of mushrooms, usually the 2 to 2.5 gram range for a moderate/stable low end dosage. I know some people say 2 to 2.5 grams for them is intense, and that may be, but the way i see the dosing thing in accordance with effects/levels and what one gets out of an experience, 2 to 2.5 grams is almost always a good beginners dosage for actual "tripping".

If possible, try investigating Psilohuasca, which is the mixing of mushrooms with Harmala alkaloids or Syrian Rue seed or B. Caapi vine, or alternatively, the pharmaceutical reversible inhibitor of MAO-A, Moclobemide, though Harmalas/Rue/Caapi is better and provides a lot more than mere MAO-A inhibition. Idk if he's on any meds that would be contraindicated with MAO-A inhibitors, but if not, it's really really really worth a try, plus it'd help out with the microdosing too because then one will have the additive effects/benefits of the MAO-A inhibition (and other effects if using Harmalas) and wouldn't have to use as much mushroom for a microdose and the duration of action may be able to be lengthened out a bit longer since MAO-A inhibition can potentiate Psilocin by increasing it's bioavailability and potentiating the dosage as well as lengthening the duration.

You can find quite a few mentions of Psilohuasca on here, and i agree with those who say that once they tried Psilohuasca, they never went back to plain mushrooms, the Harmalas just add so much more to the experience, and it's more Ayahuasca-like, but gentler/more relaxed and not as intense as Ayahuasca/oral DMT. It's taken me to pretty similar states as Ayahuasca has. Although there is something to be said about DMT being natural to the body (endogenously produced), so it feels way more like a neurotransmitter/neuromodulator than a "drug". Also DMT has no tolerance, so if one wanted to become really experimental with it, one could dose it daily/near daily, in microdoses or macrodoses, i took it near daily for 4 years, best time of my life lol. But don't let the negative talk about MAOI's online throw you off, there's no need to avoid Tyramine, no need for dietary restrictions when it comes to reversible MAO-A inhibitors like Harmalas/Rue/Caapi or Moclobemide, only need to avoid certain drug to drug interactions.

Imo though, even though i haven't tried microdosing, it's certainly worthy of a try imo, however, i'm more of the opinion that full on "tripping" is the way to go, that's where the real discipline and teachings and knowledge and wisdom and insights and all that comes from. You can work your way into it, start low and work your way up, but try not to fear the more fully immersive dosages, just remember to breathe, relax, everything will be okay, surrender/let go, have a clean, quiet, calm and darkened room/setting, a rather peaceful/relaxed/open and receptive state of mind, and music with headphones is a very useful tool and is highly recommended.

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Aspergers, Autism, microdosing, dose/bad trip question [Re: honey_bee1976]
    #26793479 - 06/30/20 01:28 AM (12 days, 8 hours ago)

You might consider MDMA instead of psilocybin. I somewhat doubt that psilocybin will provide him with any additional insight into or empathy for other people. But MDMA has actually been kicked around for a long time as a potential treatment for this kind of stuff in autism. MDMA is famous for increasing prosocial behavior and empathy, at least in people without autism. So there's always been some speculation that it might help with stuff like empathy and theory of mind for people with autism.

I think it's likely that nothing is going to be a magical silver bullet, he has autism at the end of the day, but maybe MDMA might be able to do something even if it's relatively small.

Also the odds of having a bad trip do increase with dose. You could always try both MDMA and psilocybin, no harm in trying after all. Maybe even try the two in combination/at the same time.

Edited by nooneman (06/30/20 01:29 AM)

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Aspergers, Autism, microdosing, dose/bad trip question [Re: nooneman]
    #26793694 - 06/30/20 06:27 AM (12 days, 3 hours ago)

I sit on the spectrum too with problems with emotions and whatnot. The mushrooms let me feel normal emotions, labeit very intensely since the dial goes from 1...2 to 11, and it gets overwhelming easily.

Someone who has not experienced things before, and then gets to do it an intensity unlike nothing ever happened before can cause trouble so it is a good idea to start pretty slowly, to allow things to ramp up gradually and allow one to learn what is going on and possibly deal with it. But if you can see that it is a problem to him I wouldn't try to go much further.

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience