Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWoozyMu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Possible Contamination
    #26786277 - 06/27/20 02:57 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on my first grow and I'm using BRF PF tek, as per RR's videos. I inoculated six 1/2 pint jars on 4. June and they were fully colonized about a week ago. I was planning to birth and dunk the cakes two days from now, but I noticed something suspicious on one of the cakes:

I'm referring to the dark spot in the lower left. Is the cake a goner? The remaining cakes do not show similar signs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePetMonkey
Stranger
Male

Re: Possible Contamination [Re: WoozyMu]
    #26787591 - 06/27/20 02:35 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Looks like normal bruising - light blue isn't usually anything to worry about, I'd be more concerned with green/black spots. Maybe segregate it just to be safe and update us in another day or two when you can see it more clearly.

OfflineWoozyMu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Possible Contamination [Re: PetMonkey]
    #26787648 - 06/27/20 03:11 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Thank you very much for your reply and advice! I will post an update in a few days. I'd also like to add that this is B+ mycelium.

OfflinePetMonkey
Stranger
Male

Re: Possible Contamination [Re: WoozyMu]
    #26787654 - 06/27/20 03:17 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

WoozyMu said:
Thank you very much for your reply and advice! I will post an update in a few days. I'd also like to add that this is B+ mycelium.

:thumbup: Hope it works out, I think you should be good.

OfflineWoozyMu
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Possible Contamination [Re: PetMonkey]
    #26793653 - 06/30/20 03:04 AM (3 days, 8 hours ago)

Update:

I birthed all the cakes yesterday and dunked them for 24h. The suspicious cake was dunked seperately, and the previously mentioned spot did not expand. If anything, it seems to have disappeared and I had trouble finding it after the dunk, but I did not take a picture, sorry. I rolled the cakes a few minutes ago and placed them in my SGFC, then misted:

I'll keep an eye on the suspicious cake and keep posting updates, hopefully everything goes well. If anyone has any feedback regarding my fruiting chamber setup or methods, I more than welcome it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started