Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Biblical evidence
    #26790655 - 06/28/20 06:45 PM (4 days, 16 hours ago)

Biblical evidence for ya. Let's have an Easter egg hunt on the net for evidence for or against the Bible. (This thread could get interesting!)

--------------------
"He who finds peace and joy
And radiance within himself
That man becomes one with God
And vanishes into God's bliss."

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Building Better Bombs
One 21 - Pacified
One 21 - Two Sides Is Fine
"Respectability is a cloak for the hypocrite" - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Biblical evidence [Re: saintdextro] * 1
    #26791202 - 06/29/20 01:26 AM (4 days, 9 hours ago)

Bibles do in fact exist, I have proof. The material written in the Bible WAS authored. The historical evidence for events cited in the Bible are what is open to interpretation as with the Jewish exegetical method called PaRDeS. "By-and-large," as my high school sociology teacher used to say, Biblical material is non-historical but rather midrash, myth, metaphor, and metaphysics.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardes_(Jewish_exegesis) Literalists erroneously and foolishly insist on a literal meaning for most everything which proves to be absurd much of the time (e.g., "I am the vine you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit..." - John 15:5). Metaphor and allegory escape adults whose cognitive development remains in the Concrete Operational Thought stage. They are concrete (not to mention block-headed) because abstract thinking belongs to Formal Operational Thought (see Jean Piaget's work) and they are unfortunately incapable of this degree which grasps logic. :shrug:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: Biblical evidence [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #26791427 - 06/29/20 06:11 AM (4 days, 4 hours ago)

Well I figured it was implied the historical side of the Bible,,,I was actually homeschooled because my parents where against the whole evalution theory, but that's the life God intended for me so you get what you're served, great post Markos btw.

Edited by saintdextro (06/29/20 06:12 AM)

OfflineSvetaketu
The Devil's Advocate
Male

Loc: United States
Re: Biblical evidence [Re: saintdextro]
    #26791750 - 06/29/20 10:00 AM (4 days, 46 minutes ago)

so... what was that link suppose to be evidence for?

They found a broken pot, put it back together, and it had an inscription that read "Eshba'al Ben Bada".
A name that doesn't exist in the bible.

There was one guy in the bible with the name "Eshba'al Ben Shaul" and so they are claiming this pot must be from a similar time period to the biblical stories, because thats when the name "Eshba'al" was commonly used.

Seemed like the big takeaway was maybe the ancient cultures around there used writing more then previously assumed. maybe.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

Re: Biblical evidence [Re: Svetaketu]
    #26792634 - 06/29/20 04:38 PM (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Sorry, not the original link intended to post (in the past while I've been typing through a Cell Phone, might of had something to do with it, but I'm back on my Laptop,,, don't know what I'll do for an excuse next time I fuck up!:grin:), it was about King David and his lineage over here: the Mesha Stele, the Tel Dan Stele, the Kurkh Monoliths, the Merneptah Stele,,, interesting thing about the Merneptah Stele one is it claims it wiped out King Davids seed, from what I remember, not Biblical, like I said this thread could go both ways, you google some more searches, there was a nice tv show a few years back that described a 1200bc (wall?) in Egypt where the last line was referred to the "House of King David to the east", for some reason I couldn't find this on the net (only googled it a couple times.) as sighted there isn't much evidence for King David, King Solomon, ect, from what I heard prior to 300bc, but there is some being discovered, making at least a little more believable there was a Kingdom of David to the east of Egypt starting about the time the Bible claims it was supposed to happen (1000bc-ish).

Edited by saintdextro (06/29/20 04:42 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Biblical evidence [Re: saintdextro] * 1
    #26793524 - 06/30/20 12:23 AM (3 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

saintdextro said:
Well I figured it was implied the historical side of the Bible,,,I was actually homeschooled because my parents where against the whole evalution theory, but that's the life God intended for me so you get what you're served, great post Markos btw.

Well thanks for saying, but my mission is to make what theologians used to call an apologia for their faith. I do not dismiss the Bible outright because regardless of one's negative opinions (some for very good reasons) the writings are historically significant for the development of Western civilization, like it or not. What needs to be submitted to the most intense scrutiny are the uncritical assumptions and interpretations. Irrational and emotional wish-fulfillment is NOT faith.

Faith can be reconciled with reason but only at the expense of puerile magical thinking (not the occult sense, the childish developmental sense). The conflation of midrash and myth with historicity is the biggest problem. It is funny that a largely illiterate Hindu population still understands that the stories of the Ramayana and the Bhagavad-Gita are not historical but mythical and yet they still have tremendous value for how people live their lives. Meanwhile, literate but ignorant Western Christians take a typically imperialistic view and maintain that all other religious are JUST myths (except perhaps Judaism) and only their religion is 'REAL,' which is to say historical.

Iesous walking on water is not the only example of a spiritual being walking on water. I have a book with Hindu and Buddhist writings of such feats. Instead of understanding the image as meaning being above the turbulence of the world, instead of drowning in worldly concerns (desires) it is possible to have a different walk of life, literalists insist on only one concrete interpretation and a magickal (with a 'k' this time) one at that. Can God really stop the Sun from traveling across the sky or was someone's sense of time radically altered, for example? We know the stoppage of the Sun means a stoppage of the Earth's rotation on its axis. The ancients didn't yet have a Heliocentric understanding of the Sun. Revelations says the stars will fall from the sky at the Apocalypse, but every bright celestial object was called a star back then, fixed or movable (planets). We DO understand that asteroids could fall from the sky and cause a very real extinction event. It happened to the dinosaurs. The Greek biblical word for star is aster (as in *asterisk*) and while stars can't "fall" asteroids sure can! The understanding here perfectly reconciles a real possibility of prophesy with scientific reason. Just sayin', there are many examples of reconciling the rational with the transrational (faith). It is wrong 'beliefs' that interferes with a closer approximation with truth.

--------------------

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

#26794852 - 06/30/20 03:37 PM (2 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
The ancients didn't yet have a Heliocentric understanding of the Sun. Revelations says the stars will fall from the sky at the Apocalypse, but every bright celestial object was called a star back then, fixed or movable (planets). We DO understand that asteroids could fall from the sky and cause a very real extinction event. It happened to the dinosaurs. The Greek biblical word for star is aster (as in *asterisk*) and while stars can't "fall" asteroids sure can! The understanding here perfectly reconciles a real possibility of prophesy with scientific reason. Just sayin', there are many examples of reconciling the rational with the transrational (faith). It is wrong 'beliefs' that interferes with a closer approximation with truth.

definitely UFO's man, definitely UFO's...

--------------------

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Pacified

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#26796122 - 07/01/20 02:25 AM (2 days, 8 hours ago)

What do UFOs do besides freaking out fighter pilots and dispatching orbs to create crop circles? Personally I'm tired of waiting for direct 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' contact and doubt that I'll live to see it. Meanwhile, books have been written about the changes in the very cellular structure of grain that have been 'bent' in crop circles and most people are content to think that kids with boards and ropes constructed huge mathematically precise, artistically perfect, conceptual symbols in the course of a few hours while baseball sized luminous orbs have been observed moving around at night where the circles appear in daylight. I saw one myself the summer of '99 near Stonehenge. Many circles appeared in the UK that summer. "The truth is out there."

--------------------

Offlinesaintdextro
Entheogen psychonaut
Male

#26796170 - 07/01/20 03:37 AM (2 days, 7 hours ago)

I Once saw two lights flying together like planes in the night sky, than the two  change directions, one went north, but the other went south up over me, it was about a mile in the sky, red light on one side and seemed to be rotating, round n' round it went...nobody else saw it, and it happened so fast that the moment would roll on the rest of the night nobody would care.

However I just recently over couple years have had visual difficulty and need glass's but without them stars look like UFOs.

--------------------

-Bhagavad Gita, 5.24
One 21 - Pacified

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#26798185 - 07/02/20 12:38 AM (1 day, 10 hours ago)

I have seen 3 UFOs. One was with a buddy in Maine in 1972. We thought we were watching a satelite until it made a zig-zag motion that mere atmospheric refration probably could not account for. The other my wife saw also in Miami but it seemed to be cylindrical with flashing colored lights and it seemed to be moving toward a large darkened oblong shape. I initially thought it was police helicopter miles away a couple of years ago. The third in Miami (an orange-pink glowing equilateral triangle with two ventral blue-white lights) that moved silently North to South, Someone in Miami saw that or something similar a few months earlier. Mine was spotted in January 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1496026755&feature=iv&src_vid=SLKQf6syOnU&v=Vd30nENUjpU

http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2013/12/ufo-sighting-florida.html

--------------------

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #26798376 - 07/02/20 02:39 AM (1 day, 8 hours ago)

If you believe then you don't need any evidence. And if you don't believe then you don't need any evidence either. So I don't see the point :shrug:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism