Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Oregonian Psilocybin Therapy Petition obtains sufficient signatures to qualify for ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * 1
    #26793426 - 06/30/20 12:50 AM (6 days, 1 hour ago)

They even got nearly 20k extra, which is excellent news because not all signatures will be valid. The state recommends you get 10-15% extra if memory serves. I'm over-joyed, not sure what else to say so here's the email I got:

Quote:

Dear friends,

The improbable journey continues. In defiance of all conceivable odds, we can now report, with great confidence, that Oregon’s Psilocybin Therapy Initiative will qualify for the statewide ballot this November.

Together we gathered 164,782 signatures — giving us a very comfortable cushion to qualify!

Oregonians now have a legitimate shot to give true access to licensed psilocybin therapy. Our place on the Oregon ballot represents an unprecedented and historic achievement, accomplished with signatures and support from tens of thousands of Oregonians from all corners of the state. To all involved, an enthusiastic congratulations.

Now is the time; there can be little doubt. More than ever, we need grassroots efforts to educate friends and neighbors and raise consciousness. More than ever, we need real healing and real change. And, while this campaign is just a spoke in the greater wheel, we must seize this moment and do everything we can to establish the first statewide psilocybin therapy program in this country’s history.

Will it happen? This November, Oregonians will choose. And how they choose is up to us.

Election Day is just over four months away. Now, collectively, our mission is to reach every Oregonian with accurate, digestible information, so that our friends, family, neighbors, and communities can all vote intelligently on this important measure come November.

So let’s celebrate this achievement, reflect on this moment, and then get back to work!

Now the harder part, getting the majority of that state properly educated on the subject. I wonder what their strategy will be.

Me-thinks they may have fibbed about the signature shortage to stimulate signature gathering but I have no problem with that :wink:

Here's their website. If ever there was a cause that you should donate some cash to, this'd be one of them am I right?

Edited by Psilosopherr (06/30/20 01:06 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLifeUnderAwnoS
I'm a teapot

Loc: growing out of perlite
Re: Oregonian Psilocybin Therapy Petition obtains sufficient signatures to qualify for ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26793540 - 06/30/20 02:36 AM (5 days, 23 hours ago)

Congrats Oregon on IP34!
:sunny::mushroom2::trippinbawelz::mushroom2::sunny:

:cheers:

I hope that conditions will not only include depression and anxiety but will include eating disorders and anorexia. Most recently psilocybin entered Phase 1 trials for treating anorexia, lots of potential there!

OfflineWeebleWobble
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Oregonian Psilocybin Therapy Petition obtains sufficient signatures to qualify for ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [Re: LifeUnderAwno]
    #26793828 - 06/30/20 08:39 AM (5 days, 17 hours ago)

I wonder how many anti mask anti social distancing people who spout on and on about freedom (like Mike Pence) will then vote against using natural mushrooms for depression.

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
Re: Oregonian Psilocybin Therapy Petition obtains sufficient signatures to qualify for ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #26794320 - 06/30/20 01:17 PM (5 days, 12 hours ago)

Oregon has the highest cannabis use rate, at 28.5% Colorado is (unsurprisingly) close behind at 27%. I'm surprised that CA is so low, at 18%, but that's the way it is...  In any case, it bodes well for the proposition.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/723822/cannabis-use-within-one-year-us-adults/

At least one friend is ready to move from CA to Oregon if sanctioned trip-sitting or licensed trip-doula becomes a thing there.

InvisibleopenmindS
curious
 User Gallery

#26794640 - 06/30/20 04:04 PM (5 days, 10 hours ago)

Good to hear.....

...Progress is progress, but if one can't grow/possess/consume the mushroom outside of a therapists office and if one can't get access to this therapy unless they have $$$$$, I still feel it's not the right way. I feel if things like this happen first, limiting access to only therapists, then we may never see decriminalization and the "free-ing" of these plants/fungi to be available to ALL people.

I mean....if this passes, it is great that a certain part of the population will now have some sort of safe/legal access to these medicines in therapeutic sessions...but it is still setting things up where only certain specific people are profiting from it and is limiting who has safe/legal access to it.

I just want to see nature decriminalized, simple as that. All plants/fungi should be available to every human.

-OM

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A silly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Oregonian Psilocybin Therapy Petition obtains sufficient signatures to qualify for ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [Re: openmind] * 1
    #26795333 - 06/30/20 09:21 PM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

I hope that conditions will not only include depression and anxiety but will include eating disorders and anorexia. Most recently psilocybin entered Phase 1 trials for treating anorexia, lots of potential there!

Anybody would have access to the therapy so long as they didn't have any counter-indications, so almost anybody could use it for almost anything.  Can't remember what the counter-indications were atm.

Quote:

I just want to see nature decriminalized, simple as that. All plants/fungi should be available to every human.

I'm with you OM, this just seemed like a safe stepping stone to full decriminalization. Isn't that how pot started out anyway? Just for medical originally, and now we've got states where its legal for recreation.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Oregonian Psilocybin Therapy Petition obtains sufficient signatures to qualify for ballot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... [Re: sonoramo]
    #26796223 - 07/01/20 06:40 AM (4 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

sonoramo said:
Oregon has the highest cannabis use rate, at 28.5% Colorado is (unsurprisingly) close behind at 27%. I'm surprised that CA is so low, at 18%, but that's the way it is...  In any case, it bodes well for the proposition.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/723822/cannabis-use-within-one-year-us-adults/

At least one friend is ready to move from CA to Oregon if sanctioned trip-sitting or licensed trip-doula becomes a thing there.

I think NYC is like 30-40% lol

I mean I meet more potheads in NY than in LA, I think since Cali has had “essentially” legal weed since 96, people are used to it. Also seems like a lot of people I meet in Cali, more than half, have a negative view of smoking weed. Also for example when Rec sales first started in 2018 I was in line at the only rec shop and nonstop people were driving by yelling “you fucking stoners! Get a job!”

It’s weird but yeah LA at least has plenty of people with anti-pot perspectives

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service