Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: koods]
    #26792917 - 06/29/20 06:44 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
The jimmy Dore video is a lie. Fauci never hid that. Falcon traffics in complete bullshit as usual.

I'll repeat what Dr Fauci said:

Fauci:  "Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks"
Inerviewer:  "You're sure of it?  Because people are listening really closely to this."
Fauci:  "No.  Right now people should not be walking... there's no reason to be walking around with a mask...  Often there are unintended consequences.  People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face."

He told people they shouldn't wear masks, and THAT'S what Jimmy was talking about.  Yes, he also truthfully told them we need to protect the supply for healthcare workers, but that's not the part we're talking about.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26793024 - 06/29/20 07:32 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

This virus doesn’t behave like a flu virus at all. Flu viruses don’t spread from asyptomatic patients, even though a majority of flu infections are asymptomatic. Flu outbreaks rarely happen during the summer. This virus is spreading like wildfire in the hottest parts of the country in summertime.

Comparing this virus to the flu has continually been proven to be folly. We need to stop using the flu to model coronavirus.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26793057 - 06/29/20 07:45 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

koods said:
The jimmy Dore video is a lie. Fauci never hid that. Falcon traffics in complete bullshit as usual.

I'll repeat what Dr Fauci said:

Fauci:  "Right now in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks"
Inerviewer:  "You're sure of it?  Because people are listening really closely to this."
Fauci:  "No.  Right now people should not be walking... there's no reason to be walking around with a mask...  Often there are unintended consequences.  People keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face."

He told people they shouldn't wear masks, and THAT'S what Jimmy was talking about.  Yes, he also truthfully told them we need to protect the supply for healthcare workers, but that's not the part we're talking about.

You’re so fucking dishonest. Dore said Fauci lied about the reason he didn’t recommend masks. He’s been upfront about protecting the supply the whole time, or do you not understand what the term “and that’s the point” in the exchange that you left out, despite it being the most germane part of the interview in the context of this discussion.

Q: But it could lead to a shortage of masks
Fauci: Exactly. And that’s the point. It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who need them.

I’m done debating this with you. You simply do not care about debating honestly and will lie repeatedly to win.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26793161 - 06/29/20 08:22 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
This virus doesn’t behave like a flu virus at all. Flu viruses don’t spread from asyptomatic patients, even though a majority of flu infections are asymptomatic. Flu outbreaks rarely happen during the summer. This virus is spreading like wildfire in the hottest parts of the country in summertime.

Comparing this virus to the flu has continually been proven to be folly. We need to stop using the flu to model coronavirus.

The only comparison here was mask protection.  Can you please tell us the difference?

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:

You’re so fucking dishonest. Dore said Fauci lied about the reason he didn’t recommend masks.

Can you tell me where in the video "Dore said Fauci lied about the reason he didn’t recommend masks"?  Or are you make believing again?

Quote:

koods said:
He’s been upfront about protecting the supply the whole time, or do you not understand what the term “and that’s the point” in the exchange that you left out, despite it being the most germane part of the interview in the context of this discussion.

Q: But it could lead to a shortage of masks
Fauci: Exactly. And that’s the point. It could lead to a shortage of masks for the people who need them.

Yes, and I already agreed with you on that in my last post: "he also truthfully told them we need to protect the supply for healthcare workers".  :facepalm:

Quote:

koods said:
I’m done debating this with you. You simply do not care about debating honestly and will lie repeatedly to win.

Again, all you have to do is tell me where in the video "Dore said Fauci lied about the reason he didn’t recommend masks".  If you can do that, we're done.  If not, you're make believing again.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26793171 - 06/29/20 08:23 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
You act like there's no difference between the two.

If we're talking about how these spread, there seems to be little difference.  What's different about how COVID-19 spreads vs how flu was believed to be spread many years ago?

How Influenza is Spread

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Between October 1st 2019 and April 4th 2020 56 million people got the flu and out of 56 million people there was 62 thousand deaths. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

So in 7 months 62 thousand died from the flu out of 56 million that got it.

In 6 months Covid 19 has infected about 2.59 million people and killed 128 thousand that's 66 thousand more deaths then the flu in one month less time

I outlined the difference. Covid has killed almost double the amount of people in the same time frame as the flu and 56 million people got the flu as opposed to 2.5m or so with COVID that's generously 53 million more people infected with double the deaths. Yeah fauci was told to lie by the Trump admin and he did but that doesn't take any importance away from basic preventive measures we ALL need to do to save lives and make sure we don't have a complete shut down AGAIN . Already California's bars were forced to shut down and more importantly the state's that were jumping to reopen before guidelines were met are now having to shut down AGAIN. Texas is the new hotspot of America, florida and arizona qre back to capacity and about 30 other states have seen unsustainable explosions of cases because we are wasting time debating whether we should do what we can to beat this and open safely by putting a fucking mask on. It's still not going to go away it's just going to save lives and allow the economy to ACTUALLY reopen

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #26793181 - 06/29/20 08:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
I outlined the difference. Covid has killed almost double the amount of people in the same time frame as the flu and 56 million people got the flu as opposed to 2.5m or so with COVID that's generously 53 million more people infected with double the deaths.

Yes, there's no question that COVID-19 is far more deadly than the flu.  The discussion was about whether masks are effective or not.

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Yeah fauci was told to lie by the Trump admin and he did but that doesn't take any importance away from basic preventive measures we ALL need to do to save lives and make sure we don't have a complete shut down AGAIN . Already California's bars were forced to shut down and more importantly the state's that were jumping to reopen before guidelines were met are now having to shut down AGAIN. Texas is the new hotspot of America, florida and arizona qre back to capacity and about 30 other states have seen unsustainable explosions of cases because we are wasting time debating whether we should do what we can to beat this and open safely by putting a fucking mask on. It's still not going to go away it's just going to save lives and allow the economy to ACTUALLY reopen

I absolutely agree.

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #26793207 - 06/29/20 08:39 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
I outlined the difference. Covid has killed almost double the amount of people in the same time frame as the flu and 56 million people got the flu as opposed to 2.5m or so with COVID that's generously 53 million more people infected with double the deaths.

Yes, there's no question that COVID-19 is far more deadly than the flu.  The discussion was about whether masks are effective or not.

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Yeah fauci was told to lie by the Trump admin and he did but that doesn't take any importance away from basic preventive measures we ALL need to do to save lives and make sure we don't have a complete shut down AGAIN . Already California's bars were forced to shut down and more importantly the state's that were jumping to reopen before guidelines were met are now having to shut down AGAIN. Texas is the new hotspot of America, florida and arizona qre back to capacity and about 30 other states have seen unsustainable explosions of cases because we are wasting time debating whether we should do what we can to beat this and open safely by putting a fucking mask on. It's still not going to go away it's just going to save lives and allow the economy to ACTUALLY reopen

I absolutely agree.

I'm glad we can agree on something, we disagree on alot and for some reason I like you even though we fight but people just need to wear the masks period. They are effective, no other country disputes this so I'm glad we agree on that. That's all I want is people across America to agree on just one thing wear a mask. It's maddening that we don't

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#26793224 - 06/29/20 08:46 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yes it’s very maddening. It’s also maddening that people like falcon seemed determined to undermine people like Fauci by claiming he lied when he did no such thing.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26793393 - 06/29/20 10:23 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Fauci never made any kind of claim about effectiveness of the masks. He only said that they shouldnt be worn by the majority of people during the beggining of the epidemic due to a shortage. Someone is conflaiting something to something that that something isnt....

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Edited by Sulfurshelfsean (06/29/20 10:24 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #26793408 - 06/29/20 10:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

He even said that “right now people should not be walking around with masks” that “right now” is a pretty deliberate indication that their recommendation may change. And he said it twice. No where did he say masks didn’t work. He just said people shouldn’t be wearing them... right now.

As far as I can see Fauci didn’t try to hide anything

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (06/29/20 10:40 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26793545 - 06/30/20 12:39 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
All you have to do is tell me where in the video "Dore said Fauci lied about the reason he didn’t recommend masks".  If you can do that, we're done.  If not, you're make believing again.

***CRICKETS***

Ok, so it appears you were make believing about that.

Quote:

koods said:
He even said that “right now people should not be walking around with masks” that “right now” is a pretty deliberate indication that their recommendation may change. And he said it twice. No where did he say masks didn’t work. He just said people shouldn’t be wearing them... right now.

He hid the fact that he KNEW his 'recommendation' was going to change.  He admitted that the reason he told people they didn't need to wear a mask was to ensure that the healthcare workers got them.

I'm not saying his intention was bad, I'm saying he lied about the need for masks.  Countries that wore more masks earlier did better than the US.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26793599 - 06/30/20 01:32 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

None of what you just said is true. Nada.

He’s always said the reason was to preserve the supply. That was “the point” as he explicitly said in the interview. His use of the words “right now” to describe the current recommendation clearly indicate the policy may change. You’re so full of shit. I can’t tell if you’re desperately trying to spin or incapable of analyzing a couple sentences.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (06/30/20 01:39 AM)

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

#26793650 - 06/30/20 02:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
All you have to do is tell me where in the video "Dore said Fauci lied about the reason he didn’t recommend masks".  If you can do that, we're done.  If not, you're make believing again.

***CRICKETS***

Ok, so it appears you were make believing about that.

Quote:

koods said:

He hid the fact that he KNEW his 'recommendation' was going to change.  He admitted that the reason he told people they didn't need to wear a mask was to ensure that the healthcare workers got them.

I'm not saying his intention was bad, I'm saying he lied about the need for masks.  Countries that wore more masks earlier did better than the US.

He never said anything to downplay the need for masks. No matter how hard you want that to be the case. And from that video i think its pretty clear by him saying "at this time", that his reccomendation is subject to change.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #26793904 - 06/30/20 07:28 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

There's a huge difference between airborne transmission and respiratory droplet transmission.  I don't know if there is much difference between how covid is spread vs a flu, though.  I didn't say anything about that.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Enlil]
    #26793949 - 06/30/20 07:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

People seem to think that respiratory droplets with virus in them flyimg through the air constitutes airborne transmission. I heard this same line of stuff during the ebola outbreak, constantly.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26794044 - 06/30/20 09:00 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
None of what you just said is true. Nada.

Source, or make believe?  You'll have to be more specific about what wasn't true.

Quote:

koods said:
He’s always said the reason was to preserve the supply. That was “the point” as he explicitly said in the interview.

Yes, and I've agreed with you twice, three times now on this.

When you say "the reason", you mean the reason he lied about people not needing masks, correct?

Quote:

koods said:
His use of the words “right now” to describe the current recommendation clearly indicate the policy may change. You’re so full of shit. I can’t tell if you’re desperately trying to spin or incapable of analyzing a couple sentences.

His use of the words "right now" was to protect the supply of masks for healthcare workers, according to Dr Fauci himself.  You just admitted that and I just agreed with you three times.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #26794045 - 06/30/20 09:02 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So are you admitting that Fauci was right?  People should not have been wearing masks in public at that time?  Or are you saying he was wrong?

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Enlil]
    #26794054 - 06/30/20 09:07 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I'm saying FAUCI HIMSELF said the reason he told people that masks weren't important at the time was to protect the supply of masks for healthcare workers.  Otherwise he wouldn't have said that.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26794123 - 06/30/20 09:48 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

IMO people in Asian cities were primarily wearing masks, previous to this, because of pollution and allergies, rather than anything to do with infectious diseases. I'll admit that my source is a work of fiction, but Mario Puzo's 1978 novel, "Fools Die" described people in public in Tokyo wearing them for those reasons.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Biden Wants to make Masks Mandatory for Public Areas [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26794144 - 06/30/20 09:58 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Could be.  I got my info from a coworker living in Japan.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder