Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Security and Safety

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | Next >
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: laughingdog]
    #26739373 - 06/12/20 11:22 AM (20 days, 23 hours ago)

Yes this is why liquid culture syringes of active species cannot be sold

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26741800 - 06/13/20 01:08 PM (19 days, 21 hours ago)

I can’t find any legal status to this one.

Legal?

https://m.psychonautwiki.org/w/index.php?title=2-Fluorodeschloroketamine&_=

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: laughingdog]
    #26741830 - 06/13/20 01:19 PM (19 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
It occurred to me that many of you may have legal questions or issues that you would like answered, but you don't want to pay an attorney.  I have decided to answer whatever legal questions you might have with the following caveats:

Is  mycelium that is not fruiting, as illegal as mushrooms, in the USA? Or just possibly more discreet?

magic mushroom mycelium is legal up to the point it reaches the knotting stage, that is when the active indoles are produced and it becomes illegal.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (06/13/20 01:19 PM)

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Doc9151]
    #26741854 - 06/13/20 01:28 PM (19 days, 21 hours ago)

I don't agree with you at all. There is a very real chance you could be prosecuted for attempt to possess, or even attempt to manufacture, based on mycelium.  This is even true of spores, but it's a lot harder to prosecute for that.  As you get closer to successfully producing a mushroom, however, an attempt charge becomes easier to prove.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26741865 - 06/13/20 01:32 PM (19 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Enlil,
my question is: How should someone facing criminal charges speak with their attorney, are there things that shouldn't be revealed to a defense attorney or should an attorney be trusted to not turn over certain information to the prosecution?

I'm not in any trouble or anything but have often wondered what should be revealed and if being completely open with my attorney could be harmful in certain situations.

In a criminal context, attorneys generally know what questions they should and should not ask.  You shouldn't volunteer anything that isn't asked.  In either case, he can't reveal anything unless it relates to something criminal you're going to do in the future.  Still, knowing certain things limits the attorney's option.

#1 rule, though: Don't lie to your attorney.  It will not help, and it will almost certainly make his job far more difficult.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #26743631 - 06/14/20 08:42 AM (19 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
I don't agree with you at all. There is a very real chance you could be prosecuted for attempt to possess, or even attempt to manufacture, based on mycelium.  This is even true of spores, but it's a lot harder to prosecute for that.  As you get closer to successfully producing a mushroom, however, an attempt charge becomes easier to prove.

Thanks, Enlil, for the detailed reply to Doc9151M , it also answered my question fully.

--------------------
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.” or  “Science advances one funeral at a time.”
― Max Planck

"The situation is hopeless, but not serious."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend,
inside of a dog its too dark to read."

OfflineFert Nitty
Example of a bad example
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Washington Flag
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: laughingdog]
    #26771126 - 06/22/20 03:50 AM (11 days, 7 hours ago)

I went to a technical college, obtained grants, scholarships, and student loans to pay for my tuition. There was this program for an associates degree in what seemed like an amazing field of which they were hyping up pretty heavy. I gained interest, and after a seminar and talking to the instructors and enrollment I decided to register to be in the very first cohort of the brand new “mechatronics” program. I waited 2 more quarters for the school to finish preparing to open up large, new areas of the school constructed with the millions of dollars they had just received from the government  specifically for this awesome program described to us as a multidisciplinary branch of work that focuses on both electrical and mechanical systems, and also includes a combination of robotics, electronics, computer, telecommunications, systems, control, and product engineering. The intention of mechatronics is to produce a design solution that unifies each of these various subfields.  Exciting.

My prerequisites went well and took a couple years (the program was 3 years in all) the problems arose when I had my first class relating to the topic- the introductory class was intended to educate us on the machines common in workshops from bandsaws, grinders, oxy/acetylene torches, brakes, etc. tools like rivet guns, handsaws, micrometers, PPE, miters, pretty much everything we would be using. When we got to the shop the first day there was nothing there. Our stationary machines hadn’t arrived yet, not even the tables were assembled, so that was our class that quarter was to assemble all of the machinery, build the tables and shelving, pack toolboxes and label everything and pretty much get the shop ready for cohort #2.

Afterwards it got worse, we have these highly technical classes (hydraulic/pneumatic principals, electronic systems, computer programming, CAD (computer aided design) 1&2, calculus, PLCs, robotics) not a single class was ready to be attended, sometimes they didn’t even have teachers hired when quarter began, some quarters we went through 3 teachers - 1 for drinking on the job, 2 because there was a language barrier so bad that nobody could understand the guy, and physics isn’t the class to have a Chinese instructor who barely knows English he eventually had a breakdown and quit or was released due to complaints from the class because he became an asshole because we couldn’t understand him,the third, straight from India and also couldn’t speak English - he lasted a little while, but completely neglected us.

Our CAD class was unsupervised, I am not sure if we had a teacher even. Adam, our star student ended up literally teaching and grading us under his own wing. 2/3 of the itinerary was scrapped we never welded a thing. For our final quarter/project we were completely forgotten about, there was no plan or assignment or anything to do. My capstone project was I programmed a six axis robot to draw Homer Simpson. I got an A. There were several complaints over the years from the students for  numerous issues including the neglect.  we felt like they rushed the start of the program to get the funding as quick as possible. By the end of the program there were 6 remaining students, one grew a heroin addiction and flopped out.

After graduation I feel pretty ripped off, as do my few other cohort members. .  Today, my dad is in the same program, same school and the program is amazing, they utilize the workshop we created, go on field trips, have personal YouTube channels documenting all of their projects, and they are out of this world. It has caused a sore topic between us, I can’t help but feel envy towards his happiness with how he is doing and all the cool shit he is learning, actually the heroin addict dropout (a friend of mine) went back to finish the program and has told me it is nothing like the hell we went through. I feel like I don’t have the knowledge on the topics I’m supposed to be versed in to get the type of employment promoted to us. My father will. I have personal relationships with people in the first cohort as well as the current one, and the consensus is they we got ripped of for tens of thousands of dollars recieving not the education or workplace preparedness that was promised. We essentially did the janitor/maintence guy‘s job and prepared the school for the real program to start.

I apologize for the long story but my question is : do I have any grounds for a lawsuit to lower or even get my money back or student loans dropped due to fraudulent education or malpractice, anything of the sort? I’m not sharp on legal terms and have no idea where to find any help on my queries, but everybody I have spoken to says I might have some sort of lawsuit - class action or otherwise..?

Any info or direction would be much appreciated

Fert

--------------------

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Fert Nitty]
    #26776102 - 06/23/20 08:14 AM (10 days, 2 hours ago)

I got an email from the restaurant that had a rude worker tell me to "shut the fuck up". I wrote the owner and email and she said she "reprimanded them". Then another person wrote and asked that I "not put this all over social media". I told her I wasn't a social media junky and "I'm leaving my yelp rating/review up because it's only fair and right". The owner then sent an email that stated "I will have your name written on the board for the staff to know", after I wrote that I, my mate, and my friends will never go back in that place. Is it legal for them to post my name like that for the staff (or anyone there) to see?

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Fert Nitty]
    #26776205 - 06/23/20 09:05 AM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Fert Nitty said:
I went to a technical college, obtained grants, scholarships, and student loans to pay for my tuition. There was this program for an associates degree in what seemed like an amazing field of which they were hyping up pretty heavy. I gained interest, and after a seminar and talking to the instructors and enrollment I decided to register to be in the very first cohort of the brand new “mechatronics” program. I waited 2 more quarters for the school to finish preparing to open up large, new areas of the school constructed with the millions of dollars they had just received from the government  specifically for this awesome program described to us as a multidisciplinary branch of work that focuses on both electrical and mechanical systems, and also includes a combination of robotics, electronics, computer, telecommunications, systems, control, and product engineering. The intention of mechatronics is to produce a design solution that unifies each of these various subfields.  Exciting.

My prerequisites went well and took a couple years (the program was 3 years in all) the problems arose when I had my first class relating to the topic- the introductory class was intended to educate us on the machines common in workshops from bandsaws, grinders, oxy/acetylene torches, brakes, etc. tools like rivet guns, handsaws, micrometers, PPE, miters, pretty much everything we would be using. When we got to the shop the first day there was nothing there. Our stationary machines hadn’t arrived yet, not even the tables were assembled, so that was our class that quarter was to assemble all of the machinery, build the tables and shelving, pack toolboxes and label everything and pretty much get the shop ready for cohort #2.

Afterwards it got worse, we have these highly technical classes (hydraulic/pneumatic principals, electronic systems, computer programming, CAD (computer aided design) 1&2, calculus, PLCs, robotics) not a single class was ready to be attended, sometimes they didn’t even have teachers hired when quarter began, some quarters we went through 3 teachers - 1 for drinking on the job, 2 because there was a language barrier so bad that nobody could understand the guy, and physics isn’t the class to have a Chinese instructor who barely knows English he eventually had a breakdown and quit or was released due to complaints from the class because he became an asshole because we couldn’t understand him,the third, straight from India and also couldn’t speak English - he lasted a little while, but completely neglected us.

Our CAD class was unsupervised, I am not sure if we had a teacher even. Adam, our star student ended up literally teaching and grading us under his own wing. 2/3 of the itinerary was scrapped we never welded a thing. For our final quarter/project we were completely forgotten about, there was no plan or assignment or anything to do. My capstone project was I programmed a six axis robot to draw Homer Simpson. I got an A. There were several complaints over the years from the students for  numerous issues including the neglect.  we felt like they rushed the start of the program to get the funding as quick as possible. By the end of the program there were 6 remaining students, one grew a heroin addiction and flopped out.

After graduation I feel pretty ripped off, as do my few other cohort members. .  Today, my dad is in the same program, same school and the program is amazing, they utilize the workshop we created, go on field trips, have personal YouTube channels documenting all of their projects, and they are out of this world. It has caused a sore topic between us, I can’t help but feel envy towards his happiness with how he is doing and all the cool shit he is learning, actually the heroin addict dropout (a friend of mine) went back to finish the program and has told me it is nothing like the hell we went through. I feel like I don’t have the knowledge on the topics I’m supposed to be versed in to get the type of employment promoted to us. My father will. I have personal relationships with people in the first cohort as well as the current one, and the consensus is they we got ripped of for tens of thousands of dollars recieving not the education or workplace preparedness that was promised. We essentially did the janitor/maintence guy‘s job and prepared the school for the real program to start.

I apologize for the long story but my question is : do I have any grounds for a lawsuit to lower or even get my money back or student loans dropped due to fraudulent education or malpractice, anything of the sort? I’m not sharp on legal terms and have no idea where to find any help on my queries, but everybody I have spoken to says I might have some sort of lawsuit - class action or otherwise..?

Any info or direction would be much appreciated

Fert

While it's possible that you could pursue some action, you have a lot of significant barriers in your way.  First is statute of limitations.  I have no idea how long ago this happened, but if it was too long, you have no recourse whatsoever.

Assuming that's not an issue, there are many factors that cut against your recovery:

1. You stayed even after finding out the facilities weren't ready,
2. You did, in fact, get the certificate you were seeking
3. The area of technology you were learning is one where the field changes so quickly that your knowledge from school would always become obsolete very quickly unless you continue to train/learn after school.
4. While the value of your education may be less than what you expected, it has some value.  The difference in that value is the limit of your recovery.

In the end it comes down to this: If you have any claim at all, it's only for a fraction of what you paid.  It might take you a year or two to take the case through to the end, over a few grand.  Worse yet, you may have a written contract with the school that creates even more barriers to recovery.  There are too many variables to address in a post, but pursuing legal action under these facts is probably a far less profitable use of your time than working in your field would be.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26776208 - 06/23/20 09:07 AM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I got an email from the restaurant that had a rude worker tell me to "shut the fuck up". I wrote the owner and email and she said she "reprimanded them". Then another person wrote and asked that I "not put this all over social media". I told her I wasn't a social media junky and "I'm leaving my yelp rating/review up because it's only fair and right". The owner then sent an email that stated "I will have your name written on the board for the staff to know", after I wrote that I, my mate, and my friends will never go back in that place. Is it legal for them to post my name like that for the staff (or anyone there) to see?

Yes.  You're using your freedom of expression by writing a yelp review.  They're using theirs by posting your name at their store.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #26776215 - 06/23/20 09:09 AM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Fair enough. :shrug:BUT, my real name is in the email I sent and not the yelp review. If they post my real legal name so they can identify me if I use a CC is that legal?

--------------------

Watermelon man-"I think that society and just everything , it dose a good job at making people want to live some bull shit fairytale. it's mostly just so they can suck whatever out of us. The only thing they can suck is my dick." :smile:

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26776266 - 06/23/20 09:36 AM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Yes,  it's legal for them to do that.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

InvisibletyrannicalrexS
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Enlil]
    #26776289 - 06/23/20 09:44 AM (10 days, 1 hour ago)

Ah, alllrighty then!

--------------------

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#26776678 - 06/23/20 12:50 PM (9 days, 22 hours ago)

1st amendment, love it or hate it, I'm glad we have it.

--------------------
Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Anonymous #164

Re: Ask a defense attorney [Re: Doc9151]
    #26780921 - 06/25/20 01:16 AM (8 days, 9 hours ago)

CPS removed my daughter illegally, lied about a drug test, told my family to cut ties and kick me out, and now she is a couple months from being adopted.

I ended up homeless and struggling really hard after losing family support, as i was staying with my grandparents before all this happened..after she was removed my reputation with family was tarnished and i was kicked out and nobody spoke to me for months.

I was only staying with them because i was recently displaced from a hurricane that destroyed my apartment.

Is there anything i can do at this point?
I am now financially stable and doing well for myself and i cant stand to lose her

Anonymous #78

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #164]
    #26786826 - 06/27/20 09:25 AM (6 days, 1 hour ago)

Anyone know what the law is for having equipment used for manufacturing a controlled substance on one's property in NC?

OfflineA.k.a
Stranger

Loc: Gaming the system
Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #78]
    #26786882 - 06/27/20 09:50 AM (6 days, 1 hour ago)

Probably intent to manufacture if they can prove that’s why you have it.

--------------------
LAGM2020

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Anonymous #78]
    #26790872 - 06/28/20 08:25 PM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #78 said:
Anyone know what the law is for having equipment used for manufacturing a controlled substance on one's property in NC?

Today,  almost anything can result in a charge for manufacturing a controlled substance,  if they want you, they will get you, in most states depending upon the equipment will determine whether its a misdemeanor or a felony. I have a cousin that did 7yrs minimum mandatory for possession of equipment for manufacturing meth, 1st offense.  Some specific substances have minimum mandatory sentences.  in  florida oxycodone and Lortab have 5yrs  minimum mandatory for simple possession.

--------------------

OfflineStromrider
why did the chicken...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dept of know what I'm say... Flag
    #26792776 - 06/29/20 05:43 PM (3 days, 17 hours ago)

My mother and father are living and together and I have 2 siblings. My father owns a lot of property and assets and wants to leave everything he owns to me when he dies. He doesn't care for my siblings too much and also doesnt want the family property to have to be sold off and split up.

I've tried to get him to go to a lawyer to have a will made but he's convinced all he has to do is make a will on legal zoom and have it notarized and then recorded at the county court house. Will this work? I'm concerned about it being contested when he dies. I'm sure it's going to be a shit show and my mom and siblings are probably going to try something. I just want it to be bulletproof

InvisibleDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ask an attorney [Re: Stromrider]
    #26794942 - 06/30/20 04:18 PM (2 days, 18 hours ago)

Nothing is bulletproof when it comes to a will from what I have personally seen. My friends father died and left everything to him but the judge didn't think that it was right so he gave half to the other sibling, most people can't afford to appeal. Is your father taking any mind altering drug prescription or nonprescription,  does he have an alcohol problem because issues like that will factor in,  especially if mom says he wasn't in his right mind.  Freaking teeth and claws come out when it comes to substantial amounts of money and property. Greed is a bitch...

It also varies state to state, Correct me if I'm wrong Enlil!!!

Warning: Doc is not an attorney. never has been never will be, just sharing an experience.

--------------------

Edited by Doc9151 (06/30/20 04:21 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon Herb Grinder

Community >> Security and Safety